Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
butcher boy

The global warming fraud explained in one simple chart

The global warming fraud is based entirely on the practice of “adjusting” data. Michael Mann’s infamous hockey stick graph was “adjusted” to “hide the decline,” most notably.  But every prediction of catastrophe, every ”hottest year ever” story depends on adjusting the actual data of surface temperatures.

A recent scientific study of global average surface temperature reports and the CO2 endangerment finding has produced a remarkable graph that says it all, very clearly.

James Delingpole of Breitbart spotted it and explains:

The peer-reviewed study by two scientists and a veteran statistician looked at the global average temperature datasets (GAST) which are used by climate alarmists to argue that recent years have been “the hottest evah” and that the warming of the last 120 years has been dramatic and unprecedented.

What they found is that these readings are “totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data.”

That is, the adjusted data used by alarmist organizations like NASA, NOAA, and the UK Met Office differs so markedly from the original raw data that it cannot be trusted.

This chart gives you a good idea of the direction of the adjustments.

The blue bars show where the raw temperature data has been adjusted downwards to make it cooler; the red bars show where the raw temperature data has been adjusted upwards to make it warmer.

Note how most of the downward adjustments take place in the early twentieth century and most of the upward take place in the late twentieth century.

It’s awfully incriminating.

18 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Mods: pls move to the science forum. TIA.

:goodposting:

34 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Remember when that huge iceberg broke off Antarctica?  Yeah me neither.

Recall how the Greenland ice sheet is going away?  Yeah, me neither - it's at near all time record levels.  Pointing out the ice storm last week or the 120 degree weather in Phoenix doesn't mean anything, either.  

Edited by Sand
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sand said:

Recall how the Greenland ice sheet is going away?  Yeah, me neither - it's at near all time record levels.  Pointing out the storm last week or the 120 degree weather in Phoenix doesn't mean anything, either.

This confuses me.  The second to last paragraph says that it's been shrinking over the past decade.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Mods: pls move to the science forum. TIA.

Please move to the Pseudo Science forum.

• Like 6

Why is it that among the earth's entire human population, only a subset of American conservatives believe that climate change is false? 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Why is it that among the earth's entire human population, only a subset of American conservatives believe that climate change is false? 

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I can imagine a lot of answers, on both "sides" of this loaded question:

1) Because American technology and science is superior to that of the rest of the world, so we understand the issue better.

2) Because our free press diminishes the effectiveness of our government's propoganda operations compared to elsewhere.

3) Because the rest of the world is dwelling in the dark ages of ignorance, and lacks the enlightenment achieved in the US.

Or, if you prefer:

1) Because Americans' grasp of science is woefully lacking.

2) Because vocal partisan mouthpieces in the US have become very effective at indoctrinating their followers.

3) Because parts of America are benighted and living in willful ignorance, relative to the rest of the educated world.

A difference of opinion in and of itself, even a lopsided one, has little bearing on which side is in fact correct, as the history of science has consistently borne out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because the rest of us are sheeple shill cucks and don't know that NASA, NOAA, and tens of thousands of scientist around the world are pulling the wool over our eyes.

• Like 2

link to the study?

57 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

This confuses me.  The second to last paragraph says that it's been shrinking over the past decade.

That has reversed this year.  Just pointing out that a single data point isn't relevant.  This beast we live on is a horrifically complex system.

1 minute ago, Sand said:

That has reversed this year.  Just pointing out that a single data point isn't relevant.  This beast we live on is a horrifically complex system.

Still not following.  The break in Antarctica happened over a period of many years.  It isn't a "single data point."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Still not following.  The break in Antarctica happened over a period of many years.  It isn't a "single data point."

There are plenty of long term trends about declining ice coverage at the poles.  I'm going to guess this is another "we know HRC colluded with Ukraine" angle though

Edited by Slapdash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sand said:

Recall how the Greenland ice sheet is going away?  Yeah, me neither - it's at near all time record levels.  Pointing out the ice storm last week or the 120 degree weather in Phoenix doesn't mean anything, either.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/6bfyfr/latest_claim_the_greenland_ice_sheet_is_growing/?st=J51R2Q55&sh=4505f3d3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

It's simpler than that. Short of traveling back in time and undoing the Industrial Revolution, there isn't anything meaningful we can do about it.

35 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

It's simpler than that. Short of traveling back in time and undoing the Industrial Revolution, there isn't anything meaningful we can do about it.

that's absurd

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Serious question:  Did you get through high school?  

Stop trolling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clayton Gray said:

Stop trolling.

I like the new stern Clayton.

If you guys could hire a severe, librarian-looking brunette woman who wears glasses for this role, I think it would go over well. 

• Like 8

Just now, Henry Ford said:

I like the new stern Clayton.

If you guys could hire a severe, librarian-looking brunette woman who wears glasses for this role, I think it would go over well. 

Only problem is the original post is trolling, so there is that.  Trolling is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. 

• Like 1

Just now, FishTacoTuesday said:

Only problem is the original post is trolling, so there is that.  Trolling is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. 

I think it's usually pretty apparent. Let's go high.  Or get high.  Or wear high heels. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I think it's usually pretty apparent. Let's go high.  Or get high.  Or wear high heels. 

Those who wear high heels shouldn't throw pumps. 

1 minute ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Those who wear high heels shouldn't throw pumps. 

I've been watching Glow on Netflix, and I'm not sure that's true. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sand said:

If only there were people that specialized in studying these things. People that went to school for a long time. 

Maybe we could call them sciencifiers or something.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:
4 hours ago, Sand said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/6bfyfr/latest_claim_the_greenland_ice_sheet_is_growing/?st=J51R2Q55&sh=4505f3d3

Oops.

1 hour ago, The General said:

Oops.

It's not a "gotcha" post or moment.  None of this stuff is - from Global Warming, to the effect of religion on governmental systems to the whole Trump fiasco.  None of this is "gotcha."

This is "these people are either lying to you for click money or have a tiny amount of knowledge and enough free time to type."  That's it. 

It is so imperative that this country in particular wake up and realize that monetization of ideas on websites is driving the rampant misinformation of and intentional disinformation targeted to the American people.  

We are being lied to every day. And it isn't generally the mainstream media.  It's the Infowars and I Bet You Didnt Know That and Daily Wire rampant bull#### that is systematically weakening this country with knowledge aforethought. They know they are doing this to us. They know.  You can tell because they retract when sued. 

To those of you frequenting those places: please stop letting them.  Some of us who really care about this country and every single person on this board as fellow Americans are not going to be alive all that much longer.  Please. I can't even let myself believe that this is the new normal. 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 9

Except the non-Americans, obviously.  To heck with you guys. 

Just kidding.  Sort of. 

1 minute ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Stop trolling

Straight from the heart, man. 

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Straight from the heart, man. 

Good rant, I give it a B+!

41 minutes ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Good rant, I give it a B+!

Thanks. I make fun. I get aggravated.  I insult when I maybe shouldn't and I rant.  I sometimes get so frustrated that I just get flippant and can't give serious answers.

I don't troll.

6 hours ago, butcher boy said:

Lolz.

Check out the final graph.  The authors of this "paper" deal with the awkward inconvenient fact of global warming by introducing a whole new charting method - the step trend.   With the step trend, they manage to create two lengthy periods of no global warming, with a giant "step" of warming in between that they ignore.  Notice that the two data sets show the same overall rise in average temperature.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

It's not a "gotcha" post or moment.  None of this stuff is - from Global Warming, to the effect of religion on governmental systems to the whole Trump fiasco.  None of this is "gotcha."

This is "these people are either lying to you for click money or have a tiny amount of knowledge and enough free time to type."  That's it. 

It is so imperative that this country in particular wake up and realize that monetization of ideas on websites is driving the rampant misinformation of and intentional disinformation targeted to the American people.  

We are being lied to every day. And it isn't generally the mainstream media.  It's the Infowars and I Bet You Didnt Know That and Daily Wire rampant bull#### that is systematically weakening this country with knowledge aforethought. They know they are doing this to us. They know.  You can tell because they retract when sued. 

To those of you frequenting those places: please stop letting them.  Some of us who really care about this country and every single person on this board as fellow Americans are not going to be alive all that much longer.  Please. I can't even let myself believe that this is the new normal. 

Very nice summation of something I've been struggling to put into words. Thank you.

And I'm stealing it :ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

But there's obviously a market out there who loves to consume their drivel.  There have always been extemes on both sides of the political spectrum, however, it seems like Trump has tapped into a backwards economic and anti-science crowd that's way bigger than I'd have ever feared.  It seems that at least a quarter of the country believes the bs Trump spews about how terrible America is, how we're being overrun by illegals, how unskilled labor jobs can be saved, how religious freedom is somehow being threatened, etc.

This group seems to want us to stop progress and freeze our belief systems from the 1950's.

Scary. 

Well this certainly puts it to rest! Global warming summed up in one easy graph, glad someone thought to do that because it's so complex. You know, for us dummies.

Edited by Snorkelson

4 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

Lolz.

Check out the final graph.  The authors of this "paper" deal with the awkward inconvenient fact of global warming by introducing a whole new charting method - the step trend.   With the step trend, they manage to create two lengthy periods of no global warming, with a giant "step" of warming in between that they ignore.  Notice that the two data sets show the same overall rise in average temperature.

It looks official and is all typed out though.

13 hours ago, timschochet said:

I am often amazed by your brand of hyperbole where you speak for everyone, or everyone in a subset, such as entire races of people or the entirety of a political movement.  This is not to say I am speaking against your general premise, if I understand your premise, just that your hyperbole makes it difficult to concentrate on your premises.

Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I am often amazed by your brand of hyperbole where you speak for everyone, or everyone in a subset, such as entire races of people or the entirety of a political movement.  This is not to say I am speaking against your general premise, if I understand your premise, just that your hyperbole makes it difficult to concentrate on your premises.

I don't think its hyperbole. I am sure you can find a few notable people here and there around the world who would call themselves climate change skeptics, but the bulk of them do seem to reside among American conservatives. I think anyone who reads what I wrote is intelligent enough to know that's what I meant. You certainly are.

So, among notable people then. 

You might just say that it is your view from your perch that the vast majority of climate change skeptics seem largely concentrated in a particular political movement and that you surmise, therefore, that the view is based on politics and not science. 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders