What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (4 Viewers)

What was the pigeon thing about anyway?
It started when a certain poster was accused of welching on numerous bets regarding the election.

In that thread, someone discovered that one of the posters (not the alleged welcher) was a fan of pigeons.

A moderator thought it would be funny to mock that poster AND the alleged welcher by adding an emoticon that shows a pigeon pooping.

Personally, I think the whole thing is weird and tends to go against the forum philosophy of "being excellent to each other". Usually Joe and the moderators are fairly sensitive about emoticons that can be interpreted as being offensive to certain posters (remember when the :shortbus: emoticon was removed?), but in this case they have allowed the pigeon emoticon to remain well past its point of relevance. At this point it is only used to mock and ridicule.

Even Shick! showed more of a conscience when the "Point To The Shirt" emoticon was added.

It started when a certain poster was accused of welching on numerous bets regarding the election.

In that thread, someone discovered that one of the posters (not the alleged welcher) was a fan of pigeons.

A moderator thought it would be funny to mock that poster AND the alleged welcher by adding an emoticon that shows a pigeon pooping.

Personally, I think the whole thing is weird and tends to go against the forum philosophy of "being excellent to each other". Usually Joe and the moderators are fairly sensitive about emoticons that can be interpreted as being offensive to certain posters (remember when the :shortbus: emoticon was removed?), but in this case they have allowed the pigeon emoticon to remain well past its point of relevance. At this point it is only used to mock and ridicule.

Even Shick! showed more of a conscience when the "Point To The Shirt" emoticon was added.
That avatar creation did have a Lord Of The Flies aspect to it.  But I don't think you need the "accused" qualifier there for ctsu welching.  He did it.  It was right there in front of us.

@Clayton Gray Hi Clayton, long time reader & subscriber here.

Are political threads in FFA ok or not?

I'm just wondering because there are several threads I used to post news in - do I bump those and wait for someone to move them? Or do I ask you or someone else to move them then post in them? 

Thanks.
Hi Saints,

For threads you think that should be moved, please just use the report button and comment you think maybe it should be moved.

We're still working our way through there. Some are gray area and kind of both FFA and Political. I'm not sure of the answer and we'll try to work through it together. 

But report those in question and we'll look.

Hi Saints,

For threads you think that should be moved, please just use the report button and comment you think maybe it should be moved.

We're still working our way through there. Some are gray area and kind of both FFA and Political. I'm not sure of the answer and we'll try to work through it together. 

But report those in question and we'll look.
Hi Joe, I really appreciate the responsiveness, it's great. Thanks.

Well HT did it again after suckering us in to post in one of his threads. The Trump Tweets thread was fun and interesting IMO. I kind of knew HT would delete it. I think this is at least the third time he's done this IIRC.

No hard feelings, HT, I'm not calling you out, just an advisory to others that the whole thing can be a big waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well HT did it again after suckering us in to post in one of his threads. The Trump Tweets thread was fun and interesting IMO. I kind of knew HT would deleted it. I think this is at least the third time he's done this IIRC.

No hard feelings, HT, I'm not calling you out, just an advisory to others that the whole thing can be a big waste of time.
It is cool, I started a new thread so this fun and interesting discussion can continue.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well HT did it again after suckering us in to post in one of his threads. The Trump Tweets thread was fun and interesting IMO. I kind of knew HT would delete it. I think this is at least the third time he's done this IIRC.

Sorry and do t worry I’m done here in the polical forums. I’ll stick to the FFA. There is no denying that Trump people are playing on a slanted field . What happened to Beaver yesterday and today was deplorable. There is one squeaky wheel , a bad hombre if you will , that makes me smh. I like this place but I’m done before I get the Jon mex or Beaver Cleaver treatment

Sorry and do t worry I’m done here in the polical forums. I’ll stick to the FFA. There is no denying that Trump people are playing on a slanted field . What happened to Beaver yesterday and today was deplorable. There is one squeaky wheel , a bad hombre if you will , that makes me smh. I like this place but I’m done before I get the Jon mex or Beaver Cleaver treatment
Ok HT, I hear ya. I did enjoy talking at ya though. Always regretted not hearing more back. - Have a good one.

What happened to Beaver?

I'll be honest - I don't think it needs moderation as much as it's called for.

I made a pretty cutting post about Republicans the other day (and have in the past) and have never been called a name or had a reaction of  :lmao:  from right wing guys. Even got a direct response from @Ramblin Wreck that was quite the opposite even though it probably was pretty cutting toward his politics.

Moral of the story (look at me) - by not being snarky or weasly all the time, calling people Trumpkins, or Social Justice Warriors or whatever is the condescending buzzword of the day, you probably haven't experienced a lot of the stuff we all seem to be outraged about (something I do try to never do to a fellow FBG).  We can do it fam.

Users who are viewing this thread