What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Have you read some of the recent articles about the NRA just in the time since my comment?  I backpedaled on the "supporters" side of my comment, but feel like we are splitting hairs when it comes to the NRA itself.  They're a terrorist organization.

NRA officer enlisted a Sandy Hook truther to sow doubt about Parkland shooting, emails show

How to sell a massacre: NRA's playbook revealed
No, I haven't read those. 

Do they support your statement that the NRA celebrates mass shootings? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m amazed at what some people get away with.  I’ve come to believe that there are large differences in how each moderator moderates.  It’s all a crapshoot.
Definitely as all people are different.  

But to claim it’s all one way with what people get away with?  I think it’s nuts to claim that.

First off, "I wasn't going to complain about Tanner until I got in trouble" is just the worst kind of whining. Taking other people down with you is not cool.

Second, if you look at things from an objective point of view (instead of the "Why did I get banned?" point of view), then you'll see that there are plenty of conservative posters who have been allowed to use alias accounts. Just ask jon_mx and HellToupee. (Jon will probably respond with "But what about all the hypocrite liberal aliases?!", and HT will probably say "New Hampshire is lousy with alias fraud" before deleting his post. Ba-dum-dum.)

Anyway, you're probably never going to get an official explanation that satisfies you. But based on what I've seen over the past 15 years, aliases have been unofficially allowed to exist as long as they behave themselves. But if you troll or break the rules, you're going to get popped. So, I would humbly suggest that the reason your own alias got clipped is because you were engaging in the same behavior that got your original account in trouble in the first place.

Now, it looks like the endless complaints about Tanner will result in a big win for the MAGA crowd. Tanner and his aliases may get permabanned. But the endless supply of Trumper troll aliases will be allowed to pollute the board -- not because the mods have a deliberate double-standard, but because the mods simply won't be able to figure out if accounts like @Bishop (a brand new account that just happened to make its debut in the P(S)F) are aliases or not. So they are forced to give them the benefit of the doubt.

This board is at its best when nobody whines and non-offending aliases are allowed to exist. When those two benchmarks are removed, then this place will become worse than the Geek Club at FFT.
Ummmm.......

Dickies has gotten away with several over the line posts so perhaps that was karma.  And Jon was correct.
I don't  know why you think I get away with stuff. 

I've been given TO's for:

• Making crude jokes (all of which were deserved)
  • Describing politicians as lacking intelligence (don't think anyone should be given a TO for this if they can explain why)
  • Making emotional comments where I project the main point of my post too far, detracting from my main point (I'm willing to apologize and articulate what I meant and how it went wrong)
  • Misinterpretation of what my comment said (this is frustrating)
You can call me names and I'm not going to report you for that, but spare me the victim-hood

Definitely as all people are different.  

But to claim it’s all one way with what people get away with?  I think it’s nuts to claim that.
No it's not. As has been explained a million times.  At least once in this thread by Joe.  The board is 90% anti-Trump and the anti-Trump crowd reports posts more often than the other 10%.  It's simple math that the moderation leans heavily in one direction and one example you found doesn't explain that away.

Already shown to be a guy from FFToday.
Well sure, after you publicly called out the username, lol. I hadn't made it that far yet. Mostly was giving you crap for criticizing me for calling out tanner but then publicly bringing attention to somebody else.

And for the record here this isnt the same as getting caught for drugs and then saying oh yeah well tanner has some in his locker too. This is like getting caught for having marijuana in your locker and pointing to Tanner smoking marijuana in the teacher's lounge and saying hey, this isn't right. The behavior is already known. Which is why if you read back in this thread I didn't name tanner to start and EVERYBODY already knew who I was talking about.

I don't  know why you think I get away with stuff. 

I've been given TO's for:

• Making crude jokes (all of which were deserved)
  • Describing politicians as lacking intelligence (don't think anyone should be given a TO for this if they can explain why)
  • Making emotional comments where I project the main point of my post too far, detracting from my main point (I'm willing to apologize and articulate what I meant and how it went wrong)
  • Misinterpretation of what my comment said (this is frustrating)
You can call me names and I'm not going to report you for that, but spare me the victim-hood
You've recently posted that everyone that supports Trump is a cultist and anyone that belongs to the NRA is a terrorist.  FBG Moderator giving you just a warning is getting away with stuff.

You've recently posted that everyone that supports Trump is a cultist and anyone that belongs to the NRA is a terrorist.  FBG Moderator giving you just a warning is getting away with stuff.
Definition of a cult:

an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers:

I wasn't the one saying all Trump supporters are cultist, but offered an explanation on why it's not a ridiculous statement.  For the record I view participants in organized religion as cultists (my own parents and extended family included)

I think the NRA itself is a terrorist organization, but don't recall saying anyone that is a member is a terrorist.

Definition of a cult:

an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers:

I wasn't the one saying all Trump supporters are cultist, but offered an explanation on why it's not a ridiculous statement.  For the record I view participants in organized religion as cultists (my own parents and extended family included)

I think the NRA itself is a terrorist organization, but don't recall saying anyone that is a member is a terrorist.
I guess that depends on what your definition of the word is is. Nice try on playing word games though. Isis was a terrorist organization. A member of that organization was a terrorist. Period. You are saying the same thing about NRA members and you know it. 

First off, "I wasn't going to complain about Tanner until I got in trouble" is just the worst kind of whining. Taking other people down with you is not cool.

Second, if you look at things from an objective point of view (instead of the "Why did I get banned?" point of view), then you'll see that there are plenty of conservative posters who have been allowed to use alias accounts. Just ask jon_mx and HellToupee. (Jon will probably respond with "But what about all the hypocrite liberal aliases?!", and HT will probably say "New Hampshire is lousy with alias fraud" before deleting his post. Ba-dum-dum.)

Anyway, you're probably never going to get an official explanation that satisfies you. But based on what I've seen over the past 15 years, aliases have been unofficially allowed to exist as long as they behave themselves. But if you troll or break the rules, you're going to get popped. So, I would humbly suggest that the reason your own alias got clipped is because you were engaging in the same behavior that got your original account in trouble in the first place.

Now, it looks like the endless complaints about Tanner will result in a big win for the MAGA crowd. Tanner and his aliases may get permabanned. But the endless supply of Trumper troll aliases will be allowed to pollute the board -- not because the mods have a deliberate double-standard, but because the mods simply won't be able to figure out if accounts like @Bishop (a brand new account that just happened to make its debut in the P(S)F) are aliases or not. So they are forced to give them the benefit of the doubt.

This board is at its best when nobody whines and non-offending aliases are allowed to exist. When those two benchmarks are removed, then this place will become worse than the Geek Club at FFT.
I'm not an alias, have been here for sometime now, just rarely posted. HTH

I'm not an alias, have been here for sometime now, just rarely posted. HTH
My point is that the moderators have no way of knowing that you're not an alias, so they are forced to give users like you the benefit of the doubt even when you display troll-like* behavior.

*if you randomly show up after a 6 year absence and make your very first new post in the Political Forum, then that qualifies as troll-like behavior.

My point is that the moderators have no way of knowing that you're not an alias, so they are forced to give users like you the benefit of the doubt even when you display troll-like* behavior.

*if you randomly show up after a 6 year absence and make your very first new post in the Political Forum, then that qualifies as troll-like behavior.
Can you define "troll-like" behavior? Just curious.

Edit: sorry your definition was too light to read on my phone, just saw it.

The board will remain stagnant if new posters aren’t given a chance to express their thoughts without being accused of being an alias

Can you define "troll-like" behavior? Just curious.
If you just happen to show up on a Fantasy Football message board after a 6-year absence, and you just happen to make your very first post in the Political sub-Forum, and it just happens to be in a thread that just happens to be devoted to the moderation of that subforum, then you just might be a troll.

I guess that depends on what your definition of the word is is. Nice try on playing word games though. Isis was a terrorist organization. A member of that organization was a terrorist. Period. You are saying the same thing about NRA members and you know it. 
That’s why it’s more important to understand the reasoning behind something. ISIS and the NRA are very different and I’m not comparing someone who has their NRA dues set to monthly EFT to someone who travels across a continent to enlist as a suicide bomber. 

If you just happen to show up on a Fantasy Football message board after a 6-year absence, and you just happen to make your very first post in the Political sub-Forum, and it just happens to be in a thread that just happens to be devoted to the moderation of that subforum, then you just might be a troll.
I’m sure Joe & Co want you driving away posters and potential customers. Good job

The board will remain stagnant if new posters aren’t given a chance to express their thoughts without being accused of being an alias
A better solution is to require all new posters to first make contributions to the Shark Pool before getting access to the Free For All, and then require the same posters to contribute to the Free For All before getting access to the Political Forum.

Because the board will die if new trolls are allowed to go directly to the Political Forum.

That’s why it’s more important to understand the reasoning behind something. ISIS and the NRA are very different and I’m not comparing someone who has their NRA dues set to monthly EFT to someone who travels across a continent to enlist as a suicide bomber. 
Yes you are. 

Got it! So do not post in any political threads until an arbitrary amount of time has past. We're good now.

Officer Pete took two years off after the election and none of us have to wonder.

Not true at all. He is right about the way new posters get treated. Sorry but I am too old to discuss AB's behavior or whether Lev Bell is an idiot. I read posts on football forums only for informational purposes. 

A better solution is to require all new posters to first make contributions to the Shark Pool before getting access to the Free For All, and then require the same posters to contribute to the Free For All before getting access to the Political Forum.

Because the board will die if new trolls are allowed to go directly to the Political Forum.
None of that has much to do with being a troll.  You're confusing troll with alias.  Being a troll is highly dependent on what is actually posted, which you didn't even mention.

No a better solution is for you to let Joe run his company and board how he wants and stop driving customers away with your nonsense.  My 2 cents.  I know many that think you are a troll (myself included at times).  Do you want to be harassed and accused of that after you post?

No a better solution is for you to let Joe run his company and board how he wants and stop driving customers away with your nonsense.  My 2 cents.  I know many that think you are a troll (myself included at times).  Do you want to be harassed and accused of that after you post?
"Drop the subject or you might get harassed."

Classy.

OMG heaven forbid a new poster in the PSF that doesn't adhere to the echo chamber!  Must be a troll, what other reason could there be?   :lmao:

None of that has much to do with being a troll.  You're confusing troll with alias.  Being a troll is highly dependent on what is actually posted, which you didn't even mention.
I'm not confusing anything.

Not all aliases are trolls, and not all trolls are aliases.

But when a brand-new user (or one that has been dormant for 6 years) makes his very first new post in the PF, then more often than not, that user turns out to be a troll.

It's not at all comparable to Officer Pete (btw, we really need a :tannerwhining: emoticon), because 1) everyone already knew who was using that account, and 2) his first post after the timeout was not in the political forum.

I did the same, my absence may have been longer than 6 years. You can feel free to read my recent posts to determine if in fact I am a troll.

I swear this board has jumped the shark today:

Anyone supporting Trump is a cultist.

Trump is an agent of Satan.

Low post count means you're a troll.

But when a brand-new user (or one that has been dormant for 6 years) makes his very first new post in the PF, then more often than not, that user turns out to be a troll.

It's not at all comparable to Officer Pete (btw, we really need a :tannerwhining: emoticon), because 1) everyone already knew who was using that account, and 2) his first post after the timeout was not in the political forum.
I'll take a link to that data please.

OMG heaven forbid a new poster in the PSF that doesn't adhere to the echo chamber!  Must be a troll, what other reason could there be?   :lmao:
:shrug:

They're trolls because they do things that trolls do (inflammatory posts without making an attempt to engage, making dubious claims and then refusing to provide links to back them up, flooding threads, posting-and-running, violating the language filter, etc.).

When a "new PSF poster" has been guilty of one or more of these behaviors, the moderators ban them accordingly. It has nothing to do with their belief system.

But the problem is that the moderators have to wait before these trolls can be banned, and as a result they are able to inflict a lot of damage in the short amount of time that they're here.

I apologise if I did something wrong and I'll bow out of this discussion. But for the record my name was specifically mentioned, which is why I felt the need to address it.

I'll be in the pro wrestling thread if you need me, BROTHER!

I don’t think Bishop or SkiBum are trolls.

We may not agree in stuff but they are typically good guys who get involved in discussions and add to things.  

I did the same, my absence may have been longer than 6 years. You can feel free to read my recent posts to determine if in fact I am a troll.
You posted here in November, and your first post after you came back was in the non-political "Grilling & Smoking" thread.

That's not troll behavior. ;)

:lmao: A single post of "Well?" before jumping into the political forum made all the difference to you huh?

Users who are viewing this thread