What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (2 Viewers)

If you just happen to show up on a Fantasy Football message board after a 6-year absence, and you just happen to make your very first post in the Political sub-Forum, and it just happens to be in a thread that just happens to be devoted to the moderation of that subforum, then you just might be a troll.
Yes, that's a tolerant and accepting attitude there.

Maybe he lost his password many years ago and just recently found it and wanted to see what this fairly new sub-board was like

I'm not confusing anything.

Not all aliases are trolls, and not all trolls are aliases.

But when a brand-new user (or one that has been dormant for 6 years) makes his very first new post in the PF, then more often than not, that user turns out to be a troll.

It's not at all comparable to Officer Pete (btw, we really need a :tannerwhining: emoticon), because 1) everyone already knew who was using that account, and 2) his first post after the timeout was not in the political forum.
:lmao: A single post of "Well?" before jumping into the political forum made all the difference to you huh?
I love the tacit admission that you did not believe me and spent the time to research it for yourself. :lol:

But yeah, a single post in the FFA or Shark Pool can provide a clue to moderators that the account is less likely to be a troll account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear this board has jumped the shark today:

Anyone supporting Trump is a cultist.

Trump is an agent of Satan.

Low post count means you're a troll.
I don't know how you guys do it or why you do it?  How many hours have you spent posting and reading in here in just the past 7 days?  

I love the tacit admission that you did not believe me and spent the time to research it for yourself. :lol:

But yeah, a single post in the FFA or Shark Pool can provide a clue to moderators that the account is less likely to be a troll account.
The 30 seconds helped put it in perspective.  Unbelievable you're hanging your hat on "he posted "Well?" in GMTAN thread it's one of ours!!!" as a defense for using an alias for trolling.   :lol:   

The 30 seconds helped put it in perspective.  Unbelievable you're hanging your hat on "he posted "Well?" in GMTAN thread it's one of ours!!!" as a defense for using an alias for trolling.   :lol:   
LOL

You're confusing troll with alias.

95% of my posts are pre-2017

I rarely post any more.   So how many hours do you think?
Correction:  95% of the time I'm 3 years older than you and not even a third of your posts.

A few hours last weekend because of the news, something I hardly ever do.  And a few hours today while I'm multitasking at work, Friday's are pretty laid back.

But, if this is something that is fascinating to you I can point you to several posters who post here, every day, all day long and have the post count to prove it.  They've got some serious time invested.

Report, don't report. It doesn't matter to me. I've rarely used the report button in the 10+ years on this board. 

I would like a board ruling on whether or not telling other posters to stop quoting a poster is whining? 
bump

Does this explain why one person can have like 12 alias accounts and is still around and using multiple ones after receiving several suspensions, yet other people get their account clipped after a few hours? 

That or Tanner has blackmail on someone

Nope. His accounts have been getting permabanned as they come up and go over the line. Sorry to disappoint you. 

What conservative posters are complaining about is the fact that Tanner's multiple accounts are allowed to exist at all.

(They don't seem to have the same complaints about alias accounts associated with conservative posters, however.)

Since when do you have to go over the line with an alias account? Pretty sure they get clipped just for existing for other people. 

Posting with an alias while one’s main account is serving a suspension gets the alias account permabamned. Tanner included.

What if you get suspended using an alias? Then it is cool to just keep using alias accounts? 
Let’s get it on:

1.  Mods etc: feel free to ban away.  I freely admit that this is one of my aliases.  Technically I am in violation of the TOS. Do what you must.

2.  I have no “primary account”. That was nuked years ago after a confrontation with a former mod/admin.  This was 90% my fault. Said mod and I have made amends.  He is a good dude that I truly feel sorry for antagonizing.

3.  I would be willing to bet that have been banned and/or given more time outs than anyone else on this board.  And I’m sure the overwhelming % of the disciplinary actions were justified and/or within the TOS. There is no bias.

4.  This should have been #1. Joe’s site...Joe’s rules.  Period.

5.  I have no blackmail on anyone. Although I think I have a pic of Rude somewhere with hair and a forwards facing ball cap.

6.  Since day one I have used this forum as a place to say things I probably can’t say in the real world. In my profession,  my living situation, my hometown, my family etc I have to temper my real feelings.  I’m sure that doesn’t make me unique.  But this board is an outlet so to speak.  Yep, sometimes I’m bombastic, caustic, surly, and even offensive.  At the very least it allows me to be honest.

7. I’m sure I’ve made enemies here.  Never really intended to but I’m sure it happened.

8. I’ve made a TON of friends here. They know who they are. From Portland ME to Portland OR. From Georgia to Gig Harbor. From Youngstown to Austin. From Greenbay to Memphis. From Cincy to St. Louis. From Florida to Maryland. From @krista4 first house to her 28th. 

9. It is a community.  We’ve commiserated.  We’ve supported each other.  We’ve donated to each other’s causes.  I used to have a Relay for Life team where we did a 50/50 raffle.  I took in thousands of PayPal ticket sales from people that have never met me.  Good folks just sent me money trusting that I would buy their tix for the drawing.

10.  I’m a cynical SOB but I have literally cried tears over certain threads/posts.  I won’t go into specifics but my wife caught me crying one day on my patio.  When I related to her the story of a poster, whom I had never met, and the loss of their child...she teared up with me.  Another time she asked me about a GFM donation that showed up on our CC statement.  All I said was “it’s for a footballguy and his kid”.  She didn’t ask another question.

11. Joe’s board, his rules.  

12.  Politics:  I have to be 100% honest here.  And I have no doubt that this is where things have gone really south lately.  Since I first showed up (2004?) there have always been division.  But it was different.  We, as Americans, have always been split.  

But over the last 3 years or so it has gotten ugly as hell.  I’ve seen things in the PSF that just disgust me.  Yep, I’m liberal but probably not as liberal as many may seem.  This is different.  

What is happening  is NOT NORMAL.  This isn’t Reagan vs Mondale. This is not GHW Bush vs Bill Clinton. This is not McCain vs Obama.

This is right vs wrong.  Simple.  

13.  Open letter to Joe.  You are a solid, solid dude.  I’ve said so before.  I have always had a huge amount of respect for you. I know in my heart that you mean well.  I’m sure you don’t have a disingenuous bone in you body.

I remember many years ago you explained how your name was attached to these boards and how you didn’t want your family/friends/fellow congregants to assosciate your name with inappropriate (bikini, boobs, yoga pants etc) content.  I totally respect and understand that.  

But, IMO, threads about “naughty” stuff are the least of you worries. 

And it pains me to do this because I know it isn’t deliberate but...

This “aww shucks, fellas” “is this really how goldarnit how it is?” “Now let’s hold on a dadgum second and hear this out” approach is crap.   Other posters have agreed with me. Not going to name names but several people have discussed with me how it is disappointing that you are trying to come off as naive or surprised.

Right here I should say that we’re not very different. My people came from Russell/Washington/ Lee/ counties Virginia. Maybe 100 miles from Knoxville.  I come from a long line of hill-folk.  And I don’t intend that to be demeaning.  I have a copy of one of my GGG grandfathers wills where he owes money to a Hatfield.

You’re a smart guy.   You aren’t some bumpkin.  Your entire business is built on statistics and facts and analysis...not emotion or faith. Would you accept content from one of you employees that said “Take Blaine Gabbert 1.01 because Vishnu or Allah or Jesus said so”?

14. I know it is hard to see, and I’m all about equal time/free speech, but you are giving harbor to people that will end up on the wrong side of history.  You know those old photos of white folks holding up signs that said “segregation now” or yelling at black kids that dared to attend white schools?  Yeah, those are the equivalent of the hardcore right posters in the PSF.  

Regardless of how I come off in the PSF I understand 20th Century social history like nobody’s business. 

15. [Deleted by management -- MT.]

16. Any mod that wants a list of all my aliases send me a PM and I will gladly provide it.  

17. If I wake up tomorrow and the powers that be have decided to scrub me from this site...so be it.  Joe’s board, Joe’s rules.

This “aww shucks, fellas” “is this really how goldarnit how it is?” “Now let’s hold on a dadgum second and hear this out” approach is crap.   Other posters have agreed with me. Not going to name names but several people have discussed with me how it is disappointing that you are trying to come off as naive or surprised.
I'll name names.  Me.  I'm disappointed at the way the site has regressed lately and have discussed with "Tanner" the issues we see.  And I'll be even more disappointed when we lose someone like him permanently while allowing - or apparently welcoming - the kind of unproductive discussion that persists in this forum.

In my more than 13 years here, I've dealt with some crap none of the constant complainers have, simply by virtue of being one of the only women participating.  One person who's never been anything less than supportive and kind to me, from day one, was Tanner.  And he did it without hitting on me - something many here haven't managed - or even acknowledging I was female or treating me differently in any way.  He's treated me with respect and as an equal, which is not unique to him but not entirely the norm either.  He's also a dedicated family man and someone who loves and contributes to his community in numerous ways.  There are few people here of whom I think more highly as a person.  Losing him on this site while allowing so much garbage posting is anathema to me.

ETA:  And now I'm :hot:  at him because I have a black dot on the "official whining" thread.

Well, I really don't care if Tanner is banned. But if -fish- gets banned, then THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!!!!!! :angry:

But seriously, though......

Please don't give power and control to the loudest complainers on this site.

14. I know it is hard to see, and I’m all about equal time/free speech, but you are giving harbor to people that will end up on the wrong side of history.  You know those old photos of white folks holding up signs that said “segregation now” or yelling at black kids that dared to attend white schools?  Yeah, those are the equivalent of the hardcore right posters in the PSF.  

. .
But it is really not the same.   Certainly there are some, maybe even many, who are pretty racist.   I don't know the percent, maybe 10, maybe 30.   Whatever it is, it is too high, but it is not anywhere near 100.   There are people I cringe at the things they say.   But for the most part, people on the right are not 'evil' and it is wrong to think so.  For the most part they are good human beings who would sacrifice for their fellow man regardless of race.   

Shoot, there is over 30 percent in the Hispanic community who support Trump and his wall.   You think they hate themselves?  Their experiences and values are just different.  They see the negative impacts of the current immigration policies and they don't like it.   Maybe they are misinformed, but much of those who are really in the trenches the information comes first hand.   There is bad crap going on and people want to stop it.   It does not mean they are evil.  

But it is really not the same.   Certainly there are some, maybe even many, who are pretty racist.   I don't know the percent, maybe 10, maybe 30.   Whatever it is, it is too high, but it is not anywhere near 100.   There are people I cringe at the things they say.   But for the most part, people on the right are not 'evil' and it is wrong to think so.  For the most part they are good human beings who would sacrifice for their fellow man regardless of race.   

Shoot, there is over 30 percent in the Hispanic community who support Trump and his wall.   You think they hate themselves?  Their experiences and values are just different.  They see the negative impacts of the current immigration policies and they don't like it.   Maybe they are misinformed, but much of those who are really in the trenches the information comes first hand.   There is bad crap going on and people want to stop it.   It does not mean they are evil.  
I agree with this post.  I didn't read his post, however, as applying to "the right" - he said "hardcore right," which I assumed to be a small subset, as you've described.  So I'm not sure you guys are in disagreement here.

I agree with this post.  I didn't read his post, however, as applying to "the right" - he said "hardcore right," which I assumed to be a small subset, as you've described.  So I'm not sure you guys are in disagreement here.
Maybe you are correct, but at times he came across as more general.   I have always despise the hatred in politics.  As much as I criticize those on the other side, I only hate the hate, not the person.  When you start viewing those you disagree with as evil, it is wrong.   There are evil people, but they are a small minority.  

McJose said:
15. Parasolfus or whatever. You’re a little [girl]. Keep my name out of your mouth.  Not sure how a grown man acts like this.  I’m sure I’m done for here but feel free to ask around GMTAN for my FB info if you want to chat.  
Is it more manly to call other posters little girls? First via PM in the hopes of starting a slapfight and then via the board or maybe via facebook next since your jabs went ignored? Just trying to understand your scale. 

You want this to be personal, I get it. I don't need it to be personal, since after all my complaint is about the moderation. And you just confirmed the complaints I had. So thanks for that.  

McJose said:
I have no “primary account”. 
You’ve long been part of what makes the FBG community special. To be clear, you’re in no imminent danger of being banned (so you can drop the martyr shtick ;) ).

We are trying to put a foot down on aliases that are used to get around (recent) suspensions.

You’ve been suspended once or twice before. Statistically speaking, I hope you’re suspended many more times in the future (because that would mean you’ve stuck around long enough for that to happen). Just don’t use an alias to avoid serving your sentence.

Is it really an alias if everyone knows exactly who it is?  I've never understood this specific complaint regarding Tanner.  It's no secret...doesn't even attempt to be a secret....worst kept secret ever, but gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :confused:  

Is it really an alias if everyone knows exactly who it is?  I've never understood this specific complaint regarding Tanner.  It's no secret...doesn't even attempt to be a secret....worst kept secret ever, but gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :confused:  
Often times it was done to defend one of "their own" using multiple aliases (often times the many different forms of Eric Stratton/BeaverCleaver).  IDs used only to stir up crap...trying to compare with a poster who actually talks about the topics and contributes on the board.

I don’t know the history (please don’t explain it...), why not just restore the original handle. Great guy, great poster, just extend clemency. It’s a football board.
Indeed, if Trump can pardon Joe Arpaio, the powers that be should be able to restore the Tanner account here.  :hophead:

Often times it was done to defend one of "their own" using multiple aliases (often times the many different forms of Eric Stratton/BeaverCleaver).  IDs used only to stir up crap...trying to compare with a poster who actually talks about the topics and contributes on the board.
No, it's not.  It's brought up because others get their aliases suspended when you whine about it so people ask about Tanner out of being fair.

Users who are viewing this thread