Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Officer Pete took two years off after the election and none of us have to wonder.

Ha.  Which account is his real one and which ones are all the aliases?  McJose might know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
11 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

A better solution is to require all new posters to first make contributions to the Shark Pool before getting access to the Free For All, and then require the same posters to contribute to the Free For All before getting access to the Political Forum.

Because the board will die if new trolls are allowed to go directly to the Political Forum.

No a better solution is for you to let Joe run his company and board how he wants and stop driving customers away with your nonsense.  My 2 cents.  I know many that think you are a troll (myself included at times).  Do you want to be harassed and accused of that after you post?

"Drop the subject or you might get harassed."

Classy.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Classy.

:lmao:  He was asking you to put yourself in his shoes.  Not threatening you. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

A better solution is to require all new posters to first make contributions to the Shark Pool before getting access to the Free For All, and then require the same posters to contribute to the Free For All before getting access to the Political Forum.

Because the board will die if new trolls are allowed to go directly to the Political Forum.

OMG heaven forbid a new poster in the PSF that doesn't adhere to the echo chamber!  Must be a troll, what other reason could there be?  :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

None of that has much to do with being a troll.  You're confusing troll with alias.  Being a troll is highly dependent on what is actually posted, which you didn't even mention.

I'm not confusing anything.

Not all aliases are trolls, and not all trolls are aliases.

But when a brand-new user (or one that has been dormant for 6 years) makes his very first new post in the PF, then more often than not, that user turns out to be a troll.

It's not at all comparable to Officer Pete (btw, we really need a :tannerwhining: emoticon), because 1) everyone already knew who was using that account, and 2) his first post after the timeout was not in the political forum.

22 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

If you just happen to show up on a Fantasy Football message board after a 6-year absence, and you just happen to make your very first post in the Political sub-Forum, and it just happens to be in a thread that just happens to be devoted to the moderation of that subforum, then you just might be a troll.

I did the same, my absence may have been longer than 6 years. You can feel free to read my recent posts to determine if in fact I am a troll.

I swear this board has jumped the shark today:

Anyone supporting Trump is a cultist.

Trump is an agent of Satan.

Low post count means you're a troll.

8 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Classy.

That’s not what he said

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

But when a brand-new user (or one that has been dormant for 6 years) makes his very first new post in the PF, then more often than not, that user turns out to be a troll.

It's not at all comparable to Officer Pete (btw, we really need a :tannerwhining: emoticon), because 1) everyone already knew who was using that account, and 2) his first post after the timeout was not in the political forum.

I'll take a link to that data please.

10 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
28 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

OMG heaven forbid a new poster in the PSF that doesn't adhere to the echo chamber!  Must be a troll, what other reason could there be?  :lmao:

:shrug:

They're trolls because they do things that trolls do (inflammatory posts without making an attempt to engage, making dubious claims and then refusing to provide links to back them up, flooding threads, posting-and-running, violating the language filter, etc.).

When a "new PSF poster" has been guilty of one or more of these behaviors, the moderators ban them accordingly. It has nothing to do with their belief system.

But the problem is that the moderators have to wait before these trolls can be banned, and as a result they are able to inflict a lot of damage in the short amount of time that they're here.

Edited by [scooter]

I apologise if I did something wrong and I'll bow out of this discussion. But for the record my name was specifically mentioned, which is why I felt the need to address it.

I'll be in the pro wrestling thread if you need me, BROTHER!

• Like 1

I don’t think Bishop or SkiBum are trolls.

We may not agree in stuff but they are typically good guys who get involved in discussions and add to things.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MTskibum said:
32 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

If you just happen to show up on a Fantasy Football message board after a 6-year absence, and you just happen to make your very first post in the Political sub-Forum, and it just happens to be in a thread that just happens to be devoted to the moderation of that subforum, then you just might be a troll.

I did the same, my absence may have been longer than 6 years. You can feel free to read my recent posts to determine if in fact I am a troll.

You posted here in November, and your first post after you came back was in the non-political "Grilling & Smoking" thread.

That's not troll behavior. ;)

14 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Have to protect the safe space. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

:lmao: A single post of "Well?" before jumping into the political forum made all the difference to you huh?

• Like 2

I am sure Joe would rather the trolls be segregated to the PSF instead of the shark pool, which is their bread and butter.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Yes, that's a tolerant and accepting attitude there.

Maybe he lost his password many years ago and just recently found it and wanted to see what this fairly new sub-board was like

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:
25 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

:lmao: A single post of "Well?" before jumping into the political forum made all the difference to you huh?

I love the tacit admission that you did not believe me and spent the time to research it for yourself. :lol:

But yeah, a single post in the FFA or Shark Pool can provide a clue to moderators that the account is less likely to be a troll account.

Edited by [scooter]

22 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I don't know how you guys do it or why you do it?  How many hours have you spent posting and reading in here in just the past 7 days?  

1 minute ago, urbanhack said:

I don't know how you guys do it or why you do it?  How many hours have you spent posting and reading in here in just the past 7 days?  

Says the guy with almost 35,000 posts.  That's funny

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I am sure Joe would rather the trolls be segregated to the PSF instead of the shark pool, which is their bread and butter.  

Creating the PSF improved the other forums significantly.....good move. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I love the tacit admission that you did not believe me and spent the time to research it for yourself. :lol:

But yeah, a single post in the FFA or Shark Pool can provide a clue to moderators that the account is less likely to be a troll account.

The 30 seconds helped put it in perspective.  Unbelievable you're hanging your hat on "he posted "Well?" in GMTAN thread it's one of ours!!!" as a defense for using an alias for trolling.  :lol:  

7 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

:lmao:  I'm a year older than you and not even a third the number of your posts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:
13 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The 30 seconds helped put it in perspective.  Unbelievable you're hanging your hat on "he posted "Well?" in GMTAN thread it's one of ours!!!" as a defense for using an alias for trolling.  :lol:  

LOL

54 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You're confusing troll with alias.

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  I'm a year older than you and not even a third the number of your posts.

95% of my posts are pre-2017

I rarely post any more.   So how many hours do you think?

1 minute ago, urbanhack said:

Correction:  95% of the time I'm 3 years older than you and not even a third of your posts.

A few hours last weekend because of the news, something I hardly ever do.  And a few hours today while I'm multitasking at work, Friday's are pretty laid back.

But, if this is something that is fascinating to you I can point you to several posters who post here, every day, all day long and have the post count to prove it.  They've got some serious time invested.

16 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Says the guy with almost 35,000 posts.  That's funny

Not really, for someone who has been here since 2003 that averages about 6-7 posts a day, which hardly seems excessive.

Just now, squistion said:

Not really, for someone who has been here since 2003 that averages about 6-7 posts a day, which hardly seems excessive.

Give me the average per day on Tony.  And then retract your not really.  Because it's pretty funny to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Give me the average per day on Tony.  And then retract your not really.  Because it's pretty funny to me

Other posters having posted less doesn't change the reality that averaging 6-7 posts a day is not excessive.

25 minutes ago, squistion said:

Other posters having posted less doesn't change the reality that averaging 6-7 posts a day is not excessive.

So why aren’t you replying to urban claiming tony spends too much time here?  Either way you look at it it’s a dumb comment.  And you’re focusing on the wrong side yet again.  Have a good one. 

• Like 2

:lol:

I love the new schtick of driving Joe’s customers from the boards

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 4:37 PM, KCitons said:

Report, don't report. It doesn't matter to me. I've rarely used the report button in the 10+ years on this board. 

I would like a board ruling on whether or not telling other posters to stop quoting a poster is whining? 

bump

5 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Everyone should just post with their real names. Trolling goes to zero.

That isn't even close to true.

22 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Agree - please update my alias to "Harrison Stevens".  TIA.

22 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I would love to see that. 

But it wouldn't reduce the trolling to zero. Some of the most obnoxious trolls on Twitter and Facebook use their real names.

56 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Very true.  I'll start.  Mike Pence.

1 hour ago, David Dodds said:

I guess that all depends on how you define "trolling"...

24 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Very true.  I'll start.  Mike Pence.

Does Mother know what you’ve been posting here? 

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, squistion said:

For some of us 6-7 posts a minute is not excessive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

For some of us 6-7 posts a minute is not excessive. 

Probably best for your sake, you sit this one out. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

5 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Fake news

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Names and addresses.   

Sho Nuff

Harlem

On 3/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, jon_mx said:

Yes...several days off.   Thanks for reporting it.   

You got 1 day off. 

• Laughing 1