Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

1 minute ago, squistion said:

I think that has been a long time since I last used that sobriquet.

It was a few days ago. Try again.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

You can’t possibly be serious with this reply.  

Completely serious. That is my recollection. I don't feel like going through all the pages of my posting history to verify it.

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

:argue: 

If you ignore everyone like you claim you wouldn’t know who is talking to who in this thread.  And joe said chill on the emoji only posts

• Like 2

Completely serious. That is my recollection. I don't feel like going through all the pages of my posting history to verify it.

I’m not asking you to - all I’m asking and many other people have asked to - please stop polluting the threads arguing and engaging people that you call trolls - please put them on ignore.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, shoke said:

It was a few days ago. Try again.

Link? I think Henry made a play on words with Unbeliebable (which both you, as HT, and Beaver laughed at) and I made a similar word play variation of that (which you two did not find as amusing as Henry's attempt at humor).  However, just making a cursory word search I don't see a recent usage of mine of BieberClieber.

Link? I think Henry made a play on words with Unbeliebable (which both you, as HT, and Beaver laughed at) and I made a similar word play variation of that (which you two did not find as amusing as Henry's attempt at humor).  However, just making a cursory word search I don't see a recent usage of mine of BieberClieber.

My Link

Your "I'm innocent" shtick isn't working. You stir the pot more than anyone here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Then you should focus a lot less of your time and mind on me. You’re right that is odd

:shrug:

I like you, you add a lot of substance to conversations and have a tendency to come from a place I had not considered.  It's just a shame that you spend a peculiar amount of time worried about those two in particular.

Edited by thayman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shoke said:

Your "I'm innocent" shtick isn't working. You stir the pot more than anyone here.

So you can't provide a link to your claim of my recent usage with that sobriquet. Okie Dokie.

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

So you can't provide a link to your claim of my recent usage with that sobriquet. Okie Dokie.

Don't need to. You already admitted it. Keep living in your fantasy world about what you do here. You cry to the mods about everything including nicknames and yet you do the same stuff you whine about. Have a good night.

Edited by shoke
  • Like 1

Just now, shoke said:

Don't need to. You already admitted it. Keep living in your fantasy world about what you do here.

Shoke - any chance you could put squisition on ignore?  TIA.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, shoke said:

Maybe it does work as he continually goes unpunished. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, squistion said:

Define recent?   In the last year, here is a few:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754788-fc42-creates-magic/?page=4#comment-19983667

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754797-official-colin-kaepernick-thread/?page=3#comment-19982522

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754797-official-colin-kaepernick-thread/?page=2#comment-19982075

Of course there are other names you frequently use.  

Edited by Megaton
  • Like 5

I wanna make a joke about a good few of you being like PeeWee Herman and Francis...but that movie is funny and I don't want to besmirch the good name of that childhood favorite franchise 

I wanna believe that same group are actually adults capable of knowing when enough is enough.  The joke that may have been enjoyed with the initial rounds of pestering should have worn of by now, as there is nothing new in any of the interactions; just repetitious circle jerking of the most obnoxious kind (and this time, you are getting compared to PeeWee Herman)

It's all just Low Energy! and Sad! (see, political jokes should be short and sweet, without garnering much more than an eye roll from the opposite side)

The ignore posters route is just silly, IMO. Read, reply if you have a thought, engage in potential point-counterpoint, move on.  Simple, really.  

Meh, back to my lurking in the political talk and silently shaking my fists at the screen as I slowly turn into my father

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Shoke - any chance you could put squisition on ignore?  TIA.

He didn’t as Beaver...why would he under an alias?

55 minutes ago, Megaton said:

Define recent?   In the last year, here is a few:

Of course there are other names you frequently use.  

I don't consider March of 2017 recent as far as having recently used that nickname (although we are getting into semantics) and I did say above that it had probably been about a year since I last used it (so I was off a couple months :shrug:)

Also, that was before Joe's Manifesto requesting we avoid name calling and I mentioned earlier that I believe that I had stopped using that sobriquet after the Manifesto was issued. Plus on a side note, the Beaver Cleaver account was suspended and he was using Phase of the Game so I don't see a big deal of using a nickname of a banned account while someone is using an alias (and don't you just hate people who use an alias?)

Edited by squistion

@Joe Bryant

I’ve been tempted several times to ask, and since we’ve reached critical mass again:  What happened to jon_mx anyway?  Can I see what he did?  The reason I ask is because I hate jon_mx, I disagree with 99% of everything he posted.  But, two things I can say for sure about him are:

a)       He genuinely believed what he posted.

b)      Whatever he said that got him banned he did out of frustration, not vindictiveness.

It seems to me you want posters with those two qualities. 

And there are some posters here that I can’t say that about.  They continuously post crap all day long for the sole purpose of sowing discord towards anything Trump.   HT’s tweet thread was the perfect example; blood in the water.

I don’t envy these problems, there is a reason some message boards don’t allow politics or religion at all. The difference today though is a religious thread would still be ~50-50.

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

What good is it to have "people" on ignore when their posts are quoted over and over again. Insufferable 

Ignore the people that keep responding to them.

11 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I put every single user on ignore a few months ago, and I find that's cleaned things up a lot.  Everyone except #1 Fan of Ghana Soccer, of course.  That guy brings it.

:lmao:

4 hours ago, Ranethe said:

You didn't know this? Its been used here as a disparaging term for years, and not even just from the usual suspects but from more "centerish" people as well.

Ive never understood it either. I consider myself a bit of a SJW...well, without the actual " warrioring" part. Not the least bit ashamed of it.

Its been used to belittle since its inception. It was never designed to be a positive term.

Edited by ShamrockPride

On 1/9/2018 at 5:33 PM, Ramblin Wreck said:

Joe hire you as the alias cop?

Sho has made himself the PSF Hall Monitor.  He must report DIRECTLY to Joe. He's very serious about it so you better not get on his bad side.  Actually, now that I think about it, that's the only side he has.

Edited by tosberg34
  • Like 2

Let's not stop at banning emoji's.  Let's ban words.  That's right.  There are to be no typed out words in any of your posts.  I'll start with my next post.

Edited by Scoresman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tosberg34 said:

Sho has made himself the PSF Hall Monitor.  He must report DIRECTLY to Joe. He's very serious about it so you better not get on his bad side.  Actually, now that I think about it, that's the only side he has.

:sigh:

On 1/9/2018 at 6:41 PM, tonydead said:

@Joe Bryant

I’ve been tempted several times to ask, and since we’ve reached critical mass again:  What happened to jon_mx anyway?  Can I see what he did?  The reason I ask is because I hate jon_mx, I disagree with 99% of everything he posted.  But, two things I can say for sure about him are:

a)       He genuinely believed what he posted.

b)      Whatever he said that got him banned he did out of frustration, not vindictiveness.

It seems to me you want posters with those two qualities. 

And there are some posters here that I can’t say that about.  They continuously post crap all day long for the sole purpose of sowing discord towards anything Trump.   HT’s tweet thread was the perfect example; blood in the water.

I don’t envy these problems, there is a reason some message boards don’t allow politics or religion at all. The difference today though is a religious thread would still be ~50-50.

Here

Since the moderation team has decided that "willfully ignorant" posters are not technically trolling, I would like to make a suggestion for how to address their behavior:

1. find a way to put them on a universal ignore list. Allow them to view the forums and reply to posts, but make them completely invisible to everyone else.

2. if #1 is not possible, maybe you could just relocate all of their posts to a single thread? That way, if we really want to see what's on _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s mind, I can just pop into the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Thread and read all of his latest musings.

I realize that this suggestion may not seem fair to willfully ignorant non-troll posters, but I think it would do worlds of good for the forums as a whole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Since the moderation team has decided that "willfully ignorant" posters are not technically trolling, I would like to make a suggestion for how to address their behavior:

1. find a way to put them on a universal ignore list. Allow them to view the forums and reply to posts, but make them completely invisible to everyone else.

2. if #1 is not possible, maybe you could just relocate all of their posts to a single thread? That way, if we really want to see what's on _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s mind, I can just pop into the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Thread and read all of his latest musings.

I realize that this suggestion may not seem fair to willfully ignorant non-troll posters, but I think it would do worlds of good for the forums as a whole.

Another forum I am a member of has a feature that people on your ignore list can't post in threads you started.  Perhaps that would work here.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Sounds like something the Nazis would say. Censor anyone who disagrees. Outlaw freedom of speech.

It appears the mods and owners here at FBG realized that sort of moderation was not good for business.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they are "trolling" or that their opinion is any less valid than yours.

Perhaps there is a lessons to be learned.

In 10 years this sub forum will be an excellent case study in group think and manipulation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Sounds like something the Nazis would say. Censor anyone who disagrees. Outlaw freedom of speech.

It appears the mods and owners here at FBG realized that sort of moderation was not good for business.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they are "trolling" or that their opinion is any less valid than yours.

In 10 years this sub forum will be an excellent case study in group think and manipulation.

Seriously, is this real. 

• Like 2

"You better allow me to pollute your forums with mindless drivel or else I'll accuse you of being Hitler."

And now you know why so many people think this place is a cystpool.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Just making it so you can ignore quoted text from ignored users would be most excellent.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2018 at 10:57 AM, Joe Summer said:

"You better allow me to pollute your forums with mindless drivel or else I'll accuse you of being Hitler."

This sub forum is bad, but do you really think it may cause cancer?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 0:50 AM, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Jesus, man. Get some help.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:57 AM, Joe Summer said:

Seriously. I feel like I just got cropdusted. 

11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ok what happened?

Are we talking about the myth that is "perma ban" and how people get worked up over it for nothing because it doesn't really exist?

11 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Are we talking about the myth that is "perma ban" and how people get worked up over it for nothing because it doesn't really exist?

I'm guessing he's referecing the deletion of the Trump Years thread

It looks like a bunch of the threads related to Second Amendment, gun control and shootings got deleted too? 

ETA: nevermind. They are just on page 2.

Edited by TheMagus

36 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

It looks like a bunch of the threads related to Second Amendment, gun control and shootings got deleted too? 

ETA: nevermind. They are just on page 2.

:tinfoilhat: I always knew this board was a conservative echo chamber! 

• Like 1