Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

27 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Hypocrisy doesn’t lie where someone changes their behavior because of something they then pass on to others.  

No offense, but, you lost a lot of credibility today and here you are still running around correcting people. You should give it a rest, there isnt much weight in your posts right now. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tonydead said:

No offense, but, you lost a lot of credibility today and here you are still running around correcting people. You should give it a rest, there isnt much weight in your posts right now. 

This

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I don’t take offense, but thanks for including that.  It’s very helpful.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I’ve been very open on this board that I am not a particularly good person. I try to be better about that daily, but the starting point was worse, I promise, than virtually anyone you know.  As far as learning to be better perhaps I have some credibility.  As far as me being a moral example for the world? I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Never have. Certainly not here. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I’ve been very open on this board that I am not a particularly good person. I try to be better about that daily, but the starting point was worse, I promise, than virtually anyone you know.  As far as learning to be better perhaps I have some credibility.  As far as me being a moral example for the world? I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Never have. Certainly not here. 

Weird that someone that has that view of themselves would take it upon themselves to spend so much time going around telling people how to behave.  How does worse Henry compare to Trump?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I think the point is less about you as a person and more about you should stop running around correcting people

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Let’s not forget sheriff bart’s and multiple tanner accounts penchant for using T

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Let’s not forget sheriff bart’s and multiple tanner accounts penchant for using T

The biggest one was tripple A batteries.  I mean I even started feeling uncomfortable.  Then again if you add all the Tanners together its probably a close race for T. 

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Many of us, myself included, have had less than honorable pasts. The difference is how we openly judge people who are still finding their way. I try not to judge. I try to realize that we all come from different experiences, different lives and try to learn from others, not cast judgements.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

The biggest one was tripple A batteries.  I mean I even started feeling uncomfortable.  Then again if you add all the Tanners together its probably a close race for T. 

Not once did Koya step in to admonish them

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jamny said:

Many of us, myself included, have had less than honorable pasts. The difference is how we openly judge people who are still finding their way. I try not to judge. I try to realize that we all come from different experiences, different lives and try to learn from others, not cast judgements.

And when I explained to someone that he was saying something offensive, that was “judging” him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

And when I explained to someone that he was saying something offensive, that was “judging” him?

In the way it was done? Yes.

Imo, of course.

3 minutes ago, jamny said:

In the way it was done? Yes.

Imo, of course.

Gotcha. I will take it under advisement. 

• Love 1

At this point it’s fair to say everyone has made their point about everyone else.  Can we move on or do you guys complaining about dog piling want to dog pile some more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an aside, rockaction and I worked out everything between us, I believe. So if you’re not saying this for him... ?

4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

At this point it’s fair to say everyone has made their point about everyone else.  Can we move on or do you guys complaining about dog piling want to dog pile some more?

Hey, fair game. I said a wretched thing five years ago I should be embarrassed about. I am.  It’s totally reasonable for anyone who wants to be upset about that. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

As an aside, rockaction and I worked out everything between us, I believe. So if you’re not saying this for him... ?

We have worked things out, in my estimation. I sent the people that pulled examples PMs but they're not doing it under any authority or request of mine. I thanked them for alleviating some of the sting of it, but other than that, you and I are cool, I've publicly and privately stated that I believe your intentions were to check rather than judge, and there's nothing really left to be said. I think I intoned that we all grow and that it was over as far as I was concerned. I think they might be telling you it's a larger pattern regarding their other views, if I were to speak for them.

But I've certainly had enough of everything, really. No need to further this. I wish it had gone away with the apology and acceptance thereof. Easy peasy. I actually wish I'd thought the thread and its logistics through a little better and not started. Best to not have opened my fool mouth, and I'm usually pretty self-assured. I don't care about co-ed bathrooms. I cared when my elderly mother was faced with its prospect, and she told me she couldn't care less. So there's that, too. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jamny said:

Read the people being critical of him...a large portion of their board existence is being critical of other people.  Casting an awful lot of stones.

I'm pretty above board. I'll say a lot of dumb stuff, but upon realizing where it comes from and what it means, I often need to slow my roll. I started a thread once squistion called me on, and he was right to do so.

In short: I'm cool. It's cool. Nothing more on my end.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

We have worked things out, in my estimation. I sent the people that pulled examples PMs but they're not doing it under any authority or request of mine. I thanked them for alleviating some of the sting of it, but other than that, you and I are cool, I've publicly and privately stated that I believe your intentions were to check rather than judge, and there's nothing really left to be said. I think I intoned that we all grow and that it was over as far as I was concerned. I think they might be telling you it's a larger pattern regarding their other views, if I were to speak for them.

But I've certainly had enough of everything, really. No need to further this. I wish it had gone away with the apology and acceptance thereof. Easy peasy. I actually wish I'd thought the thread and its logistics through a little better and not started. Best to not have opened my fool mouth, and I'm usually pretty self-assured. I don't care about co-ed bathrooms. I cared when my elderly mother was faced with its prospect, and she told me she couldn't care less. So there's that, too. 

That’s very kind of you, and feel free to retract next time I’m a jerk. 

Old people and kids, man. They’re the ones we should be listening to. 

By the way, whatever I say when I’m sober, I think I’ve mentioned before you remind me a great deal of myself, which is probably the only reason I get frustrated trying to discuss things with you in a way I don’t with most.  Only you’re less reactive and angry than I used to be and try not to be now. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Hey, fair game. I said a wretched thing five years ago I should be embarrassed about. I am.  It’s totally reasonable for anyone who wants to be upset about that. 

Sure.  And just like rock you owned it.  Now it’s time to move on from all of this.  There’s probably no one alive who doesn’t have things in the past they aren’t proud of.  No need to go round and round and round about it.....

• Like 4

11 pages of dogpiling the other night was totally cool.  But 1-2 pages of discussing the other side and it's time to move and the thread sucks.  :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dkp993 said:

Sure.  And just like rock you owned it.  Now it’s time to move on from all of this.  There’s probably no one alive who doesn’t have things in the past they aren’t proud of.  No need to go round and round and round about it.....

Eh, I’ll be dead one day in the not terribly distant future.  Not soon, but probably before I retire. I don’t mind people going round and round on bad things I’ve done. Sort of makes me feel like someone will learn from them better and earlier than I did. At least one hopes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Read the people being critical of him...a large portion of their board existence is being critical of other people.  Casting an awful lot of stones.

Which has nothing to do with what I posted but thanks.

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

11 pages of dogpiling the other night was totally cool.  But 1-2 pages of discussing the other side and it's time to move and the thread sucks.  :lmao:

Wrong. 11 pages absolutely was not cool and I called out the dog pile in that thread too.  

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Hey, I’ll stick around for nine more pages. You do you. 

I'm split on the bathroom issue. 

On one hand its convenient, I used the single stall womens bathroom all the time at work. I dont care what the sign says and the law supports that. 

On the other hand it's an easy solution in my head to enforce sex oriented bathrooms if that were the law: use whats on your drivers license, make it easy to get a Dr and see a judge if you want to change that.  

And I say dumb stuff all the time 

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Hey, I’ll stick around for nine more pages. You do you. 

Oh, we know.  Every single thread.

• Laughing 1

I'm a free born man of the USA

• Like 1

Jesus this thread.

I'm a pretty liberal guy.  But the PC brigade drives me bat#### crazy.

I grew up in a rural, overwhelmingly white area. I used to use slurs in my youth, not because I was a bigot, but because they were accepted and I was trying to be funny or fit in and I was stupid. A good example would be calling things that you didn't like or thought were ridiculous "gay." "God I cant believe they're forcing us to read Tale of Two Cities. So gay."

I got older and left those areas and met more diverse people and adjusted my attitude about how I thought and spoke. Out of respect for others.

But when exactly did being offended become the worst thing that can happen to you? When did it become a mechanism with which to completely shut people out or down? Freedom of speech in this country means sometimes you're going to hear something offensive. I say things many times per day that someone would find offensive. Like swearing. I have a filthy mouth. Now I get that at certain times and places like work or church or the presence of young children are out of bounds. I willingly play by most polite societal rules.

But if I'm walking down the street or sitting at a bar talking to friends and I say something someone near me considers offensive and they get uppity over it? #### you. Go be offended. I don't care. You don't have the right to try to shut me up and it's not my responsibility to make sure you feel "safe."

Now, if someone were to calmly say to me, " I don't appreciate that" I'd likely apologize. Respect should be given, but frankly sometimes needs to be earned. 

@Henry Fordis an upstanding dude. So is @rockaction. Dog piling either of them is ridiculous and self-serving.  People make mistakes. Some of y'all need to unpack your panties a bit and get over yourselves. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Weird that someone that has that view of themselves would take it upon themselves to spend so much time going around telling people how to behave.  How does worse Henry compare to Trump?  

To Trump? I don’t know on a micro level and have never had the macro authority he’s wielding, which is my concern with him. 

I certainly shouldn’t be President. 

I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

To Trump? I don’t know on a micro level and have never had the macro authority he’s wielding, which is my concern with him. 

I certainly shouldn’t be President. 

It's not that difficult. Worse Henry vs. Trump. Who do you vote for?

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill my share of losing
And now,…

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill my share of losing
And now,…

as a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide 

Edited by Ilov80s

21 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Oh, we know.  Every single thread.

I’m offering a pound of flesh to you.  Not sure why that bothers you. 

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

It's not that difficult. Worse Henry vs. Trump. Who do you vote for?

I’d move to Europe. 

• Laughing 1

as a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide 

Nice. Titus Andronicus, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Nice. Titus Andronicus, too, if I'm not mistaken.

by way of Abe Lincoln

Just now, Ilov80s said:

by way of Abe Lincoln

Oh yeah, no doubt. Lyceum?

The whole Titus album was a really tortured metaphor about moving from Newark, NJ to Somerville, MA as some sort of civil war.

Uh, Patrick?

Just now, rockaction said:

Oh yeah, no doubt. Lyceum?

The whole Titus album was a really tortured metaphor about moving from Newark, NJ to Somerville, MA as some sort of civil war.

Uh, Patrick?

I am moving song to song,  taking pieces of heart at shows at Elysee Montemarte

I am moving song to song,  taking pieces of heart at shows at Elysee Montemarte

She said she loved my show in Paris at Elysee Montmartre/And that I stepped off the stage and took a piece of her heart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

She said she loved my show in Paris at Elysee Montmartre/And that I stepped off the stage and took a piece of her heart.

With these ropes tied tight can we do no wrong
Now we grieve 'cause now it's gone
Things were good when we were young

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

With these ropes tied tight can we do no wrong
Now we grieve 'cause now it's gone
Things were good when we were young

We wouldn't be seen dead here in the day
I guess you're lucky that it's dark now
And if I like it then we'll stay
Impress the empress, take a shot now

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

We wouldn't be seen dead here in the day
I guess you're lucky that it's dark now
And if I like it then we'll stay
Impress the empress, take a shot now

I like your reckoning 

• Like 1

You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage.

Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself.

And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go.

Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.

Just now, Ilov80s said:

You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage.

Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself.

And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go.

Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.

Argy bargy with the cigarette holder already. Such a Charade.

Argy bargy with the cigarette holder already. Such a Charade.

Puff puff pass on that arby bargy ###