What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (4 Viewers)

@Maurile Tremblay

I have a similar question. 

Long-time lurker from the cheatsheets.net days with a board member number of 1,100 or somewhere thereabouts.

To my knowledge, I have never, ever received a single warning point.  Not a single one.

I posted the word for one of the most popular emoji's of 2019, which rhymes with a player on my team, Jalen Hurd.

And that we should actually VOTE people out of office.

"Vote this 'Jalen Hurd' out.  And the others."

I received a ban of one month plus three days.

I'd appreciate an explanation why I was not simply warned for my first ever warning point, and how a 33/34 days account suspension came about.

Cheers as I enjoy my Sunday cheese and wine.

I don't know what rhymes with Jalen Hurd. Something turd?

If so, the suspension was probably because of the personal insult. The duration was because it made sense to the moderator at the time, under the totality of the circumstances.

We typically don't do warnings.

I feel like this exchange perfectly encapsulates why it is so difficult for pro-Trump folks and anti-Trump folks to have good discussions:

Ok here is a tip. Stop worrying about my position.  I think that's the fundamental difference here.  I couldn't care what your position is and I am not trying to change it.  You have your thoughts and I respect them. I don't care about them, but I respect them.  Take less time trying to "understand where people draw the line" and just focus on you man.  Why is it so important to change other people's minds?  Notice how I NEVER do that?  You think what you think and God love you for it.   

THAT'S the true weird take from this exchange.  

And by the way, I can see how you don't know what word to use because your post made zero sense whatsoever.  Sooooo tiring man.

:lmao:   Yes, it's probably stupid of me to try and understand others.  In no way do I think I can change YOUR mind.  That's of no interest to me whatsoever.  I'm simply trying to understand other positions.  For one of the :hophead:  around this place whining about the "echo chamber" this "stop trying to understand other people" shtick is comedy gold...can't make this kind of stuff up :thumbup:  
Forget about the snarkiness on both sides, that's not really the issue.  It's that supermike80 and The Commish have totally different conceptions of what a good discussion looks like.  At least anecdotally, it feels like a lot of pro-Trump folks feel the same way as supermike, and a lot of us anti-Trump people feel the same as The Commish.  This problem doesn't seem to have a solution.  Each of them are getting frustrated with the other because they feel like they're discussing things in an appropriate way but the other guy isn't.  I've been trying to articulate this distinction between pro-Trump people and anti-Trump people for like four years but I think these two short posts illustrate it better than I ever could.   

I feel like this exchange perfectly encapsulates why it is so difficult for pro-Trump folks and anti-Trump folks to have good discussions:

Forget about the snarkiness on both sides, that's not really the issue.  It's that supermike80 and The Commish have totally different conceptions of what a good discussion looks like.  At least anecdotally, it feels like a lot of pro-Trump folks feel the same way as supermike, and a lot of us anti-Trump people feel the same as The Commish.  This problem doesn't seem to have a solution.  Each of them are getting frustrated with the other because they feel like they're discussing things in an appropriate way but the other guy isn't.  I've been trying to articulate this distinction between pro-Trump people and anti-Trump people for like four years but I think these two short posts illustrate it better than I ever could.   
My post was longer and far more well thought out tho.

And im not "pro Trump"  im anti "Anti Trump"

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously, this is the PSF. It hasn’t changed since day 1. This isn’t new 

OK, sorry to have misidentified you.  I still feel like your post is pretty representative of a way of thinking that a lot of the Trump fans agree with.
Call me pro conservative.  Similar sure .  But im no fan of his.  And he won't be getting my vote. 

Neither will Biden. 

But I will darn sure vote republican for every other race.  Including u of m regents...whatever they do

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Call me pro conservative.  Similar sure .  But im no fan of his.  And he won't be getting my vote. 

Neither will Biden. 

But I will darn sure vote republican for every other race.  Including u of m regents...whatever they do
So if you’re anti anti Trump does that make some others pro anti Trump? Well #### that then makes them anti pro Trump, so are you then anti pro anti Trump?   Who’s on third?

:shrug:   I've been posting here for like 20 years.  My perception is that things have changed a lot.
Well, I haven’t been posting here as long as you.

But I have been posting since before the PSF came about. And it is what is. It never changes. 

The pro Trump and never Trump posters each believe their way is right, and nothing’s going to change their mind

🤷🏻‍♂️

But I have been posting since before the PSF came about. And it is what is. It never changes. 

The pro Trump and never Trump posters each believe their way is right, and nothing’s going to change their mind

🤷🏻‍♂️
Right, I agree with you that nothing much has changed in the Trump era.  And I could probably be persuaded that the last few years of Obama's term had similarities.  But I think things were different, like, ten years ago or more for sure.

:shrug:   I've been posting here for like 20 years.  My perception is that things have changed a lot.
It's changed. Both sides, though. One style is almost distinctly Trumpian in its disregard for more academic standards, the other side is aggrieved and plays put-upon and in disbelief of everything out a Trump supporter's mouth. There is a personalization about it. This is not endemic to this board and the PSF, but a movement that I noticed around 2000.

Thanks for the post there. It's a fascinating question as to why the sides have a tough time. I appreciate what you're saying but to me, that's not how I see the differences. I do have some thoughts there but not the time tonight. I'll try to get to that some as I do think it's super interesting. And probably should be it's own thread as this definitely isn't the right spot for it though.

🤷🏻‍♂️
What about the anti anti Trump posters? Or the pro anti Trump posters? Any chance they change their minds?

Thanks for the post there. It's a fascinating question as to why the sides have a tough time. I appreciate what you're saying but to me, that's not how I see the differences. I do have some thoughts there but not the time tonight. I'll try to get to that some as I do think it's super interesting. And probably should be it's own thread as this definitely isn't the right spot for it though.
Please let me know if/when you tackle this subject because I'd like to hear what you have to say.  What FG laid out here is a very common thing for me to run across here but it's relatively new to the Trump era.  I don't think this is a "these are the differences that exist here" sort of topic though.  I am absolutely confident I will agree with the differences you come up with and I would add them to the differences I see here...I don't think it's either/or.

I will say that my frustration came out at the end there and there was snark...won't happen again.  I get the POV (sort of)...there's no real meaningful discussion that can come from it...moving on.

I hope tim comes back.  He makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, but the guy contributes and you can never say that he's not arguing in good faith.
Nobody contributes more.  I just looked and Tim averages arounds 70 posts a day since joining.  That is quite a feat.

Seems like a whole lot of "new" people here all of a sudden.  Did something happen in one of the "trump only" threads?
I would argue they’re quality posters rather then quantity posters. I mean 15 posts since 2014 for one current user is true dedication.  :lol:

Seems like a whole lot of "new" people here all of a sudden.  Did something happen in one of the "trump only" threads?
Dunno, but the MAGA thread has had almost no action recently.  Jon is back now from what I'm assuming is at least a month off after some really heinous posts. Some of the usual guys are probably taking a break as they don't want to get suspended at this time of year. And I read Don't Noonan was permabanned, but no idea if it's true. 

• Love
Dunno, but the MAGA thread has had almost no action recently.  Jon is back now from what I'm assuming is at least a month off after some really heinous posts. Some of the usual guys are probably taking a break as they don't want to get suspended at this time of year. And I read Don't Noonan was permabanned, but no idea if it's true. 
Heinous post = using a bad word which was not filtered that basically is equivalent to poopy.  

• Sad
Hoping the newer posters stick around. It’s one time when “both sides” is actually a good thing, some diversity of opinion can be helpful IMO. 
The PSA is a difficult place with a small regular crowd.  Like joe said when it is 80-20 one way the minority does not post as much.  Other forums are 80-20 the other way and the same thing happens.    Not much you can do about it though.

• Sad
Heinous post = using a bad word which was not filtered that basically is equivalent to poopy.  
BS. You were accusing people of all sorts of ridiculous garbage, like being cop-haters or somesuch, across several posts. Whatever the time off length was, it was deserved. I was frankly surprised by what you said, it seemed out of character for you. Maybe you were just fed up. I know I am lately. 

I normally lurk, but quite frankly there are so many communists here that I have been saying prayers to St.Pinochet 
LOL. I was just musing about some of the newer posters like you and thinking where did all the fascists come from?

PS this is tongue in cheek, as I'm assuming your post was as well. I don't feel like a vacation during FF season. 

This forum leans heavily left. Given the sheer number of marxists posting here, it comes as no surprise that censorship is something that many advocate for and pressure mods into taking action against. 

This is the way of the lefty, never forget hat folks 

This forum leans heavily left. Given the sheer number of marxists posting here, it comes as no surprise that censorship is something that many advocate for and pressure mods into taking action against. 

This is the way of the lefty, never forget hat folks 
Huh. Perhaps not tongue in cheek then.

Carry on and use a smaller brush, if you can. This one is making giant, ugly strokes. 

LOL. I was just musing about some of the newer posters like you and thinking where did all the fascists come from?

PS this is tongue in cheek, as I'm assuming your post was as well. I don't feel like a vacation during FF season. 
Ah there we go! Accusations of fascism as you attempt to slander people who dont agree with your radical leftist nonsense. 

They dont even know what fascists are these people. They think labeling everyone they disagree with a nazi, bigot, sexist automatically invalidates whatever argument it is that they dont know how to deal with. 

Hoping the newer posters stick around. It’s one time when “both sides” is actually a good thing, some diversity of opinion can be helpful IMO. 
"New" is doing some lifting here, I must confess.  Seems like different names but the same talking points.  I do agree that diversity of opinion is a good thing and I look forward to getting back to the way things were around 2007-8 if that's possible, but I'm not liking the path at the moment.

BS. You were accusing people of all sorts of ridiculous garbage, like being cop-haters or somesuch, across several posts. Whatever the time off length was, it was deserved. I was frankly surprised by what you said, it seemed out of character for you. Maybe you were just fed up. I know I am lately. 
Here is the post which got me 30 days off:

"More condencending BS from the peanut gallery.  Individual responsibility is such a foreign concept to leftist."

Except i spelled out BS.  It is comical and ironic that firstly one or possibly multiple whinny posters flagged it and secondly that it was for 30 days.  I am not even sure why using BS vs spelling it out is different or why if it is offensive the langage filter did not catch it.  But expressing my thoughts on absurdity of such nonsense is bannable.  BTW, i did nor report your apparently vulgar post, so you can thank me later.   

Also, i just love how leftist can just make up lies and it gets 'likes' in this place.  So wonderful how easily people believe lies when it aligns with their worldview.

Sigh. @jon_mx looks like you got a suspension for spelling out bull#### in some cute way to get around the language filter. Everyone here would have got the same suspension.

Try this for September - focus more on what you're for and do less complaining about you being the victim.

Please drop the suspension talk and move on. 

Sigh. @jon_mx looks like you got a suspension for spelling out bull#### in some cute way to get around the language filter. Everyone here would have got the same suspension.

Try this for September - focus more on what you're for and do less complaining about you being the victim.

Please drop the suspension talk and move on. 
Here is my POV on this.  I am not the one who brought up my suspension nor did i have any intensions of discussing it.  @Herb brought it up here and said my suspension was after some "really heinous posts".   I was correcting him.   So what i see is me getting called out for correcting lies about me, while Herb who slander me and intiated an attack gets nothing.   

(And for the record it was a typo.  I did not even realize there was an extra "t" inserted in until just now. )

"New" is doing some lifting here, I must confess.  Seems like different names but the same talking points.  I do agree that diversity of opinion is a good thing and I look forward to getting back to the way things were around 2007-8 if that's possible, but I'm not liking the path at the moment.
I agree, the same 20-25 people with the same opinions over and over again make it stagnant.  As far as 07-8 returning..I would not hold your breath.

Here is my POV on this.  I am not the one who brought up my suspension nor did i have any intensions of discussing it.  @Herb brought it up here and said my suspension was after some "really heinous posts".   I was correcting him.   So what i see is me getting called out for correcting lies about me, while Herb who slander me and intiated an attack gets nothing.   

(And for the record it was a typo.  I did not even realize there was an extra "t" inserted in until just now. )
Noted. Now please drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread