What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (2 Viewers)

How about this - it is my opinion, based on experience, that the moderators here are less tolerant of right-leaning posters, than they are of left-leaning posters.  
That might be more a consequence of posting little of substance than of your actual political stances. If conservatives on this board brought better arguments, a huge challenge in the era of Trump, the ban hammer might be dropped with less frequency. 

That might be more a consequence of posting little of substance than of your actual political stances. If conservatives on this board brought better arguments, a huge challenge in the era of Trump, the ban hammer might be dropped with less frequency. 
LOL.  Come on man you can't believe this.  There are dozens of liberals that post no substance at all not that it's a rule anyway.

That is an opinion.  One that isn’t really backed up by facts.

In my experience and opinion...moderators are less tolerant to vile and repugnant posting no matter who is posting it.  And that right leaning posters have been more likely to have crossed the line in recent years than their counter parts.
Agreed. Definitely an opinion only on this one.

Better arguments? The left doesn’t tolerate any arguments on here. You try to say something and it’s “you’re a trumptard”. 

How about this - it is my opinion, based on experience, that the moderators here are less tolerant of right-leaning posters, than they are of left-leaning posters.  
I think it is more about the stances Trump supporters take are closer to views that most companies don't want representing them.  The extremes of Trumpism is much less tolerable than the extremes of progressives.

Better arguments? The left doesn’t tolerate any arguments on here. You try to say something and it’s “you’re a trumptard”. 
Untrue. 

I try to distinguish between Conservatism and Trumpism.  

I stand corrected. Trumpkin. I know I’ve seen trumptard as well, but you’re right, a search suggests I’m wrong. Better? 
Or if it was used...people were suspended and it was deleted...meaning, lefties didn't just get away with it.

• Smile
Reactions: T J
I think the issue here is that you like to post extremely false things.
For my own part, I understand that much of political discussion is opinion so I try to keep it at that. And as you know, opinions are neither true nor false. So to say I post “extremely false” things is inaccurate where I’m concerned. My reference to the term “trumptard” notwithstanding.

For my own part, I understand that much of political discussion is opinion so I try to keep it at that. And as you know, opinions are neither true nor false. So to say I post “extremely false” things is inaccurate where I’m concerned. My reference to the term “trumptard” notwithstanding.

Better arguments? The left doesn’t tolerate any arguments on here. You try to say something and it’s “you’re a trumptard”
The bolded is what Im saying is extremely false.  And yes...opinions can be false.

Matthias said:
There's plenty of reasonable people on the right who make arguments all the time that don't get shouted down. And they mostly don't support Trump. And then there's 5-10 Trump supporters who bait, insult, and scream things without any regard whatsoever for the truth of what they're saying. And when pointed out the actual facts they run away and don't answer. And then post the same thing the next day. And that exasperates and annoys the reasonable people here, both on the left and the right.

Of course, the Trump supporters always whine and complain making the same mistakes and misleading statements you're making right now.
Misleading? Pot meet kettle. I am not a Trump supporter. Can’t stand him.

I think the reliance on and use of facts is at the root of a lot of disagreements these days. I agree opinions aren’t right/wrong when they’re based on values. You like this thing, I dislike it, Vice versa, ok whatever. But that’s when we’ve agreed on the facts.

I can’t recall how that thread went south. In some ways you did everything right. You took it to a separate thread, you responded to questions and replies, kudos on both. 

FTR, my thread title of "Brett Kavanaugh:  A small pole" was amended.  Gotta keep it K-5 in here, fellas.  God is watching.  

We do our best to treat all posters equally and with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I get told to "stop" for pointing out truthful observations about the motivations and intentions of Democratic voters, but people on the left here can show no respect at all and denigrate our President without chastisement?   

Why do I get told to "stop" for pointing out truthful observations about the motivations and intentions of Democratic voters, but people on the left here can show no respect at all and denigrate our President without chastisement?   
I didn't read what you wrote but I'll guess that you applied your "observations" about a whole group of people when they likely don't actually apply to the whole group.

To give an example on the other "side", we can say Trump is stupid but aren't supposed to say Trump voters are stupid. 

Another example is you can say Obama is a liar but can't say liberals are a bunch of liars.

Can we get this thread renamed?

****Official Slap Fighting Thread So We Stop Ruining Other Threads****

or maybe

****Official Take It Outside and Settle It Thread****

I think the mods do as good a job as can be expected in a forum where almost every thread is going to provoke emotions from one side or the other.
No

butcher boy said:
This is what is surprising to me as a new forum was created allowing ranting and constantly bashing the POTUS instead of squashing it. No way any business would allow this in a forum under the previous President but it's the "cool" thing to do now, not respecting the office. 

I think the "Stops" and punishments as Joe said before are dependent on who's considered good posters on the board.

This is what is surprising to me as a new forum was created allowing ranting and constantly bashing the POTUS instead of squashing it. No way any business would allow this in a forum under the previous President but it's the "cool" thing to do now, not respecting the office. 

I think the "Stops" and punishments as Joe said before are dependent on who's considered good posters on the board.
Multiple people called the previous President a POS. So good nice again...your statement is false.

Last edited by a moderator:
butcher boy said:
.....you will also notice some on the left that constantly troll with the same lies usually about .5 seconds after you post because the live on here 24/7. Best to ignore as they report you if respond to trolling. 

LOL he made it 5 minutes this time

butcher boy said:
In your case, It might be because the majority of your posts have been directly copied from FreeRepublic.com. 

Juxtatarot said:
butcher boy said:
I didn't read what you wrote but I'll guess that you applied your "observations" about a whole group of people when they likely don't actually apply to the whole group.

To give an example on the other "side", we can say Trump is stupid but aren't supposed to say Trump voters are stupid. 

Another example is you can say Obama is a liar but can't say liberals are a bunch of liars.
This makes a ton of sense

As far as I know, the President has never been off limits.  Focus on him is the preference instead of each other.  Those on the "anti" side of the president have been asked not to call him any nicknames that might trigger his supporters, but his actions, comments, etc have always been fair game.  

TL'DR:  There's a difference between calling a poster an idiot and the President an idiot.  Same as day one.

As far as I know, the President has never been off limits.  Focus on him is the preference instead of each other.  Those on the "anti" side of the president have been asked not to call him any nicknames that might trigger his supporters, but his actions, comments, etc have always been fair game.  

TL'DR:  There's a difference between calling a poster an idiot and the President an idiot.  Same as day one.
This is not accurate.  You can get banned for that.

this pres doesn't even respect the office himself.

No, I get that.  I even said that in my original post.  What I didn't think was off limits were the policies enacted, actions taken, and comments made.
You compared calling the president an idiot and calling another poster an idiot?

Both will get you banned nowadays.

You compared calling the president an idiot and calling another poster an idiot?

Both will get you banned nowadays.
This is what I said:

Those on the "anti" side of the president have been asked not to call him any nicknames that might trigger his supporters, but his actions, comments, etc have always been fair game. 
perhaps I should have said "names" instead of nicknames?  

Users who are viewing this thread