What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Songs You Love Driving To (1 Viewer)

Back in high school I had a buddy that drove a Z-24 convertible. (ok, not a great car but a hot rod to high schoolers.) 

He had a section of road where he would put in Metallica's  Enter Sandman, and the road matched perfectly with the song. Hit it hard in spots, tight turns, then calm down for a bit. It was awesome to ride with him, and it's the epitome of this thread. 

Good times... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs Potter's Lullaby - Counting Crows

Ready to Die - Andrew W.K.

Kickstart My Heart - Crue

Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

You Can Still Rock In America - Night Ranger

Rearviewmirrror - Pearl Jam

Gypsy Road - Cinderella

L.A. Woman - The Doors

Magic Power - Triumph

Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

Ride the Wind - Poison

Yeah I'm stuck in the 80's. So what?

I didn't think anyone would mention Radar Love, already.  :thumbup:
Radar Love was the theme song of every band who toured when i was in the biz. For mid-level acts like those i worked with, the best $$ came from playing colleges, but there was no central booking @ the time. Managers took whatever gigs they thought we could get to. I remember Bonnie Raitt played UMaine, UIndiana & SUNY New Paltz in a five day span. And there werent tour buses then - when Bonnie & the major players couldnt fly, Freebo (the bass player) drove a station wagon and everyone else rode/slept in the truck. We were all sore as hell and had sour guts from greenies & whiskey and tweakyass songs like Radar Love coming on the radio were the only time you'd see some spirit. That's one of the reasons i HATE Almost Famous soooo hard. Tiny Dancer, my road-bounced ###....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightrain (GnR) and Photograph (Def Leppard) are good one's I haven't seen mentioned.

My all-time favorite from HS, though, is Seven Bridges Road.

Blow Your Mind - Jamiroquoi (a great cruising song)

I'm Goin Home - Ten Years After, live at Woodstock

Beautiful Girls - Van Halen (hard to be sad or mad with this song going)

Illmerica - Wolfgang Gartner. TRUST ME. Put this on. Go 100+ mph. Hard not to

Doo doo doo doo doo - Stones. Drive fast, drive hard, drive angry. But dammit, drive. 

The Distance - Cake. Still angry. Must drive more. 

Love is Like Oxygen - Break out the '77 Camaro, pump the base, cruise the pop hair metal boulevard. Not enough? Your gonna die.

Green Onions - Booker T & the MGs. Get in your MG, smoke a joint, amp the base, smile with the wind rushing through your hair and bugs into your teeth 

Rockstar - N.E.R.D. - now wake the #### up hippie; time for lines. Coke and cruising.  Maybe a lil E, too

Around the World - Daft Punk.  Just E will do, thank you. Ooohhh! Glitter! Nm, just a traffic light. Duuuuude.

BYOB - System of a Down. Must. Smash. Asphalt.

will go through rest of Spotify later. 

Users who are viewing this thread