What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The IRS "might" sue me - unless I act NOW!! :oldunsure: (1 Viewer)

mquinnjr

Footballguy
I received a voicemail message from Agent John Smith stating that the IRS was preparing to file a lawsuit against me unless I call (201) 331-3134 immediately to discuss before the filing takes place. He seemed pretty stern in the voicemail that he left, and sounded exactly the same and spoke for the same amount of time when I actually picked up - he didn't miss a beat in fact!

I'm driving to AC after work which is a drive from outside Philly where I work. If Agent Smith is as serious as he sounded today, he'll be putting in the extra hours to make sure he gets in touch with me today if I reach out. Will let you all know how it goes.

Send me 50% of what they say you owe and ill make it go away. 
I know the scam, I'm more excited to see what prepared garbage the troglodyte scammer on the other end will have to put up. I'll have plenty of time to go over all of the details with Agent John Smith.

Send him to your agent, Steve Stevens. 
I've never claimed to be an IRS killer, but that's just because I am the bookie killer! I've never actually killed a bookie though, just a felony in my past where I can't carry a gun now. All I do is make fat stacks for my clients, baseball we're killing and gettin ready for college and NFL football. HMU on Twitter @VIPSportsLV or call me at 877-220-6540 today if you're serious about winning (not a legal case).

Answer the phone...have a conversation with him and when he's not expecting it and his guard is down ask him how the weather in Nigeria is...

You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off the Ol' Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with IRS agent John Smith

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/?article=434099263

local politician type audio & video recorded one of these guys

“I knew it was a scam, but for fun I said, ‘What the heck? I will give them a call back and see what they have to say,’” said Becker.

But he never expected to get the answers he actually got from the scammer.

“Totally told me everything they do, their whole operation. It was nuts,” said Becker.

Becker started off by asking the scammer something simple.

Becker: “How many people a day actually pay you guys something?"
Scammer: “Uh at least 10-12.”

Becker then moved on to asking the scammer how much money the scammer gets out of people every day.

Scammer: “It’s more than $50,000 dollars.”
Becker: “A day, you take from people?”
Scammer: “It is, yup.”
Becker: “Wow.”

The scammer wouldn’t give up his location, but he did tell Becker there are about 30 other people in his building doing the exact same thing.

“Thirty people pay $50,000 every single day,” said Becker. “I mean the money coming into those places is astronomical.”

The scammer also admitted how they decide the amount they ask you for when they randomly call people.

Becker: “How do you figure how much you are going to ask someone for?”
Scammer: “That depends upon the voice of the customer.”

When Becker asked why the scammers do what they do, he said the scammer’s answer was cold and callous.

Scammer: “We do need money.”
Becker: “You need money too?”
Scammer: “Yup.”

This looks like a case for Buddy Weiser. 

Tell him that you just paid the IRS $25,000 on one credit card. But you have another credit card thank god that has a $50,000 limit. Is that enough to cover this?

There are some websites with audio clips from celebrities, movies, etc, that you could use to speak to them with.

it's the irs- you can't mess around by not paying up or they'll come and get you.
THE IRS DOES NOT CALL PEOPLE. They write people. This is a known scam. Our area has been flooded with people getting scamming and making phone payments. These people have NOTHING to do with the IRS.

THE IRS DOES NOT CALL PEOPLE. They write people. This is a known scam. Our area has been flooded with people getting scamming and making phone payments. These people have NOTHING to do with the IRS.
it's the irs... you never know how they're coming atcha. and you better come correct when they do. 

it's the irs... you never know how they're coming atcha. and you better come correct when they do. 
I have had my fair share of dealings with the IRS and known administrators and auditors for the IRS. THEY DO NOT CALL AND DEMAND INSTANT PAYMENT.

you haven't run into the really serious agents then- you're lucky.
You will not hear for the first time that you owe the IRS money by phone, and you will have plenty of time to make payments. In fact, they won't even talk to you on the phone until you have the printed documents in hand and you can provide them with information listed on the forms. I know., I have tried calling them, and they refused to speak with me without the codes or reference numbers listed on their communication.

You will not hear for the first time that you owe the IRS money by phone, and you will have plenty of time to make payments. In fact, they won't even talk to you on the phone until you have the printed documents in hand and you can provide them with information listed on the forms. I know., I have tried calling them, and they refused to speak with me without the codes or reference numbers listed on their communication.
Bless your heart.

They don't have to talk to you when you use that kind of language.  :mellow:

Well this is a little off-topic, but in the same vein.

We have the "We are from the Windows License Safety Company or the Microsoft Safety whatever"  calls here all the time. They claim your Window's license is out of date and your computer is at risk. Well, I have made a job of having fun with these people. First time I pretended to cry and throw my computer away (it was a phone book going in the trash) "No, no, no Sir, don't throw your computer away". My kids were dying. Next time I was Amish and didn't believe in electronics. Next time I repeated all the lines the person said, but made them questions. "My computer is at risk? You are from Windows?" When I get the Microsoft calls, I tell them I only own Apple products. When they call from Apple, I only have Microsoft products. 

Now (and not my finest moment mind you) but these guys are all calling from India or some Asian country and so one of the recent calls, the guy isn't  buying my I don't own a computer line and he gets aggressive and angry to the point he is talking in his own language, which I start to emulate and repeat--big mistake on my part. My house was then subjected to robo-calls from these guys at all hours of the day--7:00 am the calls start--11:00 pm the calls are still coming. We ended up having to take our home phone off the hook because of this. This went on for a while until they didn't get a response from us---so, beware of messing with phone scam people, they can sort of make your life suck. I deserved it because I was an ### to him, but knowing they are just scam artists, i don't feel exactly terrible, but the fact that one of the last messages, they knew my name--sort of made me feel concerned. 

mquinnjr said:
I received a voicemail message from Agent John Smith stating that the IRS was preparing to file a lawsuit against me unless I call (201) 331-3134 immediately to discuss before the filing takes place. He seemed pretty stern in the voicemail that he left, and sounded exactly the same and spoke for the same amount of time when I actually picked up - he didn't miss a beat in fact!

I'm driving to AC after work which is a drive from outside Philly where I work. If Agent Smith is as serious as he sounded today, he'll be putting in the extra hours to make sure he gets in touch with me today if I reach out. Will let you all know how it goes.
Is this because you didn't claim all of the money you made from that Nigerian prince? Pretty sure that's long term capital gains since Nigeria is a long way away from America.

Courtjester said:
Well this is a little off-topic, but in the same vein.

We have the "We are from the Windows License Safety Company or the Microsoft Safety whatever"  calls here all the time. They claim your Window's license is out of date and your computer is at risk. Well, I have made a job of having fun with these people. First time I pretended to cry and throw my computer away (it was a phone book going in the trash) "No, no, no Sir, don't throw your computer away". My kids were dying. Next time I was Amish and didn't believe in electronics. Next time I repeated all the lines the person said, but made them questions. "My computer is at risk? You are from Windows?" When I get the Microsoft calls, I tell them I only own Apple products. When they call from Apple, I only have Microsoft products. 

Now (and not my finest moment mind you) but these guys are all calling from India or some Asian country and so one of the recent calls, the guy isn't  buying my I don't own a computer line and he gets aggressive and angry to the point he is talking in his own language, which I start to emulate and repeat--big mistake on my part. My house was then subjected to robo-calls from these guys at all hours of the day--7:00 am the calls start--11:00 pm the calls are still coming. We ended up having to take our home phone off the hook because of this. This went on for a while until they didn't get a response from us---so, beware of messing with phone scam people, they can sort of make your life suck. I deserved it because I was an ### to him, but knowing they are just scam artists, i don't feel exactly terrible, but the fact that one of the last messages, they knew my name--sort of made me feel concerned. 
This is great!  My wife did something very similar:  she played the guy, started crying and carrying on for a minuet then said:  " Wait a minuet - I don't have a computer!".   The scammer called her a b***h and slammed the phone as he hung up on her!  ??

Users who are viewing this thread