What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Rookie WR would you pick? Godwin, Jones, Samuel (1 Viewer)

Which Rookie WR would you want?

• Chris Godwin

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Zay Jones

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Curtis Samuel

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty league, 12 teams, no PPR, normal scoring.  We have contracts assigned to our players.   Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D.

I have a solid team in this league.  Keeping this simple, which rookie WR would you take to hold?  We have it where we can put a rookie on our Taxi Squad for two years with no contract...thus I am looking at the potential of Nelson's replacement.  

My WRs are (signed through year):

A. Brown (2019)
B. Cooks (2017, potential to resigning through 2022)
J. Nelson (2019)
A. Robinson (2019)
S. Shephard (2018)

My RBs are solid with Freeman, D. Johnson, Crowell, Blount and West.

Thanks for your thoughts and insight here.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Zay Jones. He seems to have the best path at the moment.  I think Samuel has a risk of being a gadget guy and not getting consistent touches.  Godwin has some potential but seems to have a lot of competition in front of him.  I would go with Jones.

I think Zay Jones has the most upside as well as the highest floor out of those WRs.

Jones by a pretty big margin. He could be the Bills #1 WR after this season, I'm not sure if either of the other guys will be starters in the next couple years.

Godwin. It doesn't look like you will need a WR to really play for a couple years, I would go with Godwin who I consider the better player and it's a bonus that he will be playing with a franchise QB. Even if Winston doesn't pan out to be the next great QB, he's going to be an above average starter for a long time (think Stafford or Palmer).  Desean Jackson is older and is only likely to trend down soon. By 2019, I would think Evans and Godwin are the starting WRs with Winston at QB and Howard at TE. I want a part of that juicy offense. There is no certainty at all with the Bills. Yes, Zay could step right into the starter role (if he is any good) next year, but it's questionable how valuable that is. Sammy has made it work, but Sammy is incredibly talented. I worry Zay Jones is looking at Robert Woods type seasons. 

Also, isn't Zay more of a slot guy? I would assume the Bills will either draft a WR this year or sign a few guys. 

Godwin. It doesn't look like you will need a WR to really play for a couple years, I would go with Godwin who I consider the better player and it's a bonus that he will be playing with a franchise QB. Even if Winston doesn't pan out to be the next great QB, he's going to be an above average starter for a long time (think Stafford or Palmer).  Desean Jackson is older and is only likely to trend down soon. By 2019, I would think Evans and Godwin are the starting WRs with Winston at QB and Howard at TE. I want a part of that juicy offense. There is no certainty at all with the Bills. Yes, Zay could step right into the starter role (if he is any good) next year, but it's questionable how valuable that is. Sammy has made it work, but Sammy is incredibly talented. I worry Zay Jones is looking at Robert Woods type seasons. 

Also, isn't Zay more of a slot guy? I would assume the Bills will either draft a WR this year or sign a few guys. 
In my rookie draft that was held about a month ago, I had the same decision & took Godwin (I already have Howard & Evans). I didn't intentionally mean to own the most of the Bucs offense, I was just drafting best player available, and just ended up with all three.  I am happy because I do believe that their offense could be juicy in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread