What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is your league having it's draft this season? (1 Viewer)

Our league is going to try doing it at a campground for the first time this year.  This way the people who want to make a full day of it and drink don't have to worry about driving anywhere.  Sounds like fun but I'm not sure how they plan to do it if it rains.  Not enough room in a camper.

WE always have ours in the back room of a local Italian restaurant. Big enough for everyone (12 teams, some of which have more than one owner), with Wi-Fi access, multiple electrical outlets for people to plug in their phones, laptops, etc... Oh yeah, and the bar is right there as well, which is a plus as well.

My other league is in a guy's garage with long tables set up in a U shape so everyone can see each other.  Then there is a projector and screen with the draft progress on it.  He has a pool which is nice to hang out around before and after the draft.

Hawkeye21 said:
Our league is going to try doing it at a campground for the first time this year.  This way the people who want to make a full day of it and drink don't have to worry about driving anywhere.  Sounds like fun but I'm not sure how they plan to do it if it rains.  Not enough room in a camper.
I would caution against this as outdoor drafts can be a pain.  Wind plays havoc on cheatsheets if you have old school papers and at a campground I can only imagine the dust and other crap just making this somewhat uncomfortable.  

We've been holding our 14 team redraft at a local pizza parlor for the last 8 years. It has a separate room where we can put up the draft board.

It works out really nice

We usually hold ours in a mediocre sports bar, like the Green Turtle or Glory Days Grill.  They have free wifi, cheap drinks, sports on every TV, and tables that fit 10.  The only issue is usually trying to eat with laptops all over the table.

Our ideal would be just to host at someone's house, but everyone lives far from each other, so it's easier to meet up somewhere in the middle.  We're planning on doing it on a boat next year since one of our league mates just got one.

We've got a big bowling alley with a party room in the back. We've used it for ages for our 16 team dynasty league. Good food, good beer. 

Same as the last 18 years, back room of a local pub with our own hot waitress (owner takes care of us) and beer specials.  Doesn't really get any better then that.

We camp out in the beautiful mountains of Boone N.C. while the co-commish smokes pig and maybe whatever else can be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
The restaurant / bar where we have ours gives us the function room to use at no charge (mid-week). Lots of room for the draft board and laptops.

They make plenty on the pizza and pitchers of beer that we purchase ... and we leave a big tip. It's found money for them since the room would be vacant on a Wed night anyway.

Ours is different every year as the Champ hosts our Awards Meeting and the runner-up hosts the Draft.....this year we're heading to the Poconos. Been there before and unless it's raining heavy we'll be under a pavilion with a meandering stream nearby, food cooked on an old stone grill, plenty of booze, generator to run laptops and kicked over table for the draft board to hang. This year some of the guys are bringing their guns to shoot up stuff. Haven't decided if I'll participate in the target practice yet....although I'm leaning against it. Shooting stuff after drinking doesn't really appeal to me. Heavy rain and we'll be kooped up in the guys tiny A-frame cabin. Fun times!! 

We will use the banquet room at a local golf course again this year. The locals love it, as they peak in and hang-out from time to time.

We've also used bowling alleys, hotels and business offices before. Always has to have a snack bar, or luncheon counter and drinks on hand for the all the owners (20+).

Often times they wont charge a dime if they know that 12-25 people will be eating and drinking for several hours. We also tip well.

We're all going on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary. Reserved a banquet room in the Bahamas, this is gonna be our first Live draft with a Board and everything. We usually all get together and just do it on our laptops, should be exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread