What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beat writer twitter feeds? (1 Viewer)

(think theres been a few posts)   If ya check some of the Gurus on Twitter, they will have lists which ya should consider.   Then when ya see one to your taste, ya can add him/her to your everyday feed   ie.  https://twitter.com/Dismattle/lists

One thing worth noting!  Please try not too retweet some of the bigger names too much    Most of us follow and see the org msg 

I am seeking beat writers. I will check out the links. Any specific writers can people recommend.
I was just listening to a podcast with Ben Goessling who said he is going to start writing for the Star Tribune as a beat writer next month (no longer with ESPN I guess)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeking beat writers. I will check out the links. Any specific writers can people recommend.
For the Bears I follow Brad Biggs, Aaron Lemming, 670thescore along with others from the radio station.  One of my favorite follows is Matt Bowen.  He writes articles for Chicago but he covers a lot of the NFL in general and does the best job at breaking down offenses and defenses.

For the Skins : @john_keim , @Rich_TandlerCSN , @MikeJonesWaPo are the three best standard ol' beat writers. 

Heres the link:  https://twitter.com/JeffHaseley/lists/nfl-beat-writers

What ya wanna do is click subscribe.  If ya read the msg from Jeff, (FBG) says >> All news and info from beat writers and other sources around the NFL - updated often

(btw) Some writers are almost notorious for puffing up camp darlings   "RB may be in shorts, but he looks really fast"  OR   "I aint seen the Rookie WR drop a pass all camp"    If theirs a writer whose spot on all the time?  I suspect he's quite wordy, while not saying much. 

I will give you an example!  In the past, I would have probably suggested the Patriots writers.  Why, because its not easy to learn much Pats info.  One day I heard the writer was flashed a thumbs up post injury (Pat Chung)..  Guess what, Chung didn't play for weeks.. 

If ya just want one name?  Id say Omar Kelley  Think I like the way, he will correct someone, attempting to put words in his mouth.. 

Users who are viewing this thread