What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (1 Viewer)

renesauz

IBL Representative
Working on this now...a bit later start than usual as the communications hosting site went defunct.Hosting site for discussion/organization is FantasySharks. IBL members will need to register there (preferably with the same name!) and then let me know so we can get you invited to the closed forum "IBL". I've discovered that you need to make a few forum posts before you can PM on that site, so you'll want to make a few (3 I think) before you'll have full functionality there.(drafts/management still on MFL)

Will send out PM's to last year's crew later tonight...returning guys please post here for now. INterested FBGs can also post interest. I'm sure we'll need at least 2 or 3 new players.

IN so far: Me, Duckboy, Stinkin Ref, SweetLove, Ruffrodys, By_The_Sea_Wannabe, Rudnicki, CLash, OldMIlwaukee, Baker (Gringo), Mr Irrelevant

and now BroncoFreak...we are 12 again

. Still need another commish

Last edited by a moderator:
HOsting site for discussion/organization is FantasySharks. IBL members will need to register there (preferably with the same name!) and then let me know so we can get you invited to the closed forum "IBL". I've discovered that you need to make a few forum posts before you can PM on that site, so you'll want to make a few (3 I think) before you'll have full functionality there.

In and i wil take the 12 hole in whichever draft we can get it in since my trading guru/partner Bass is out and i suck at trades...would really prefer the back to back picks....will keep mouth shut and just pick

Was gonna sit out this year but noticed we've already had 3 bail.......then remembered I didn't do too bad last year....not great, but respectable.

IN for 2017.

I'll head over to the FantasySharks forum and register (if I haven't already years ago....can't remember....) and get a few posts under my belt later today. Thanks Rene!

Great. Still waiting to hear from a few folks. Might want to go ahead and sign up for forum access account at fantasysharks. You'll have to make a couple or three posts there before you have access to PMs.

I'LL keep the first post updated with key info. Meanwhile, it would be nice if someone could act as a co-commisioner. My access will be somewhat limited the first week of August (vacation), and working nights limits my ability to check in when the league is most active.

Rene, not sure if others will have this issue, but it says I am already a member (I think I maybe joined about 8 years ago), but when it says it sent me an email to reset my password, the email never comes...I think I need for them to reset the whole thing for me.

It's probably sending it to an old email address?

ANother topic:

Will need at least 2 replacements. I assume Clash will want in...need to feel that out. There was very serious discussion among commissioners last year about exiling him mid-season for repeatedly (every year) abusing the clock. I agreed at the time to stand by whatever decision was made, but since we were relatively late in the drafts suggested to the others that they let it ride and simply ask him not to join in the future. I have very mixed feelings on it since he's actually been a decent team-mate, but I do understand why he's been an issue in the past. Anyone have thoughts/feelings on this?

Rene, not sure if others will have this issue, but it says I am already a member (I think I maybe joined about 8 years ago), but when it says it sent me an email to reset my password, the email never comes...I think I need for them to reset the whole thing for me.
 same issue. tried an email address i know that i never used there didn't help

Ohh Lawd.....exiling me at midseason after the drafts are done ? Sounds fishy..... how are they defining

" abusing the clock " ? 

I can honestly say I think a lot of this stems from a personal vendetta from team FFA.....from a decade ago....just take my word for it.....and some of these same " likely accusers " have quit on their teams.... submit lineups with players on bye weeks.....etc 

Bottomline is....I have been here for 8 years on The footballguys IBL team and have been in the league each season since 2005.... I have honestly done my best to represent this website to the best of my ability in this league   ....Anyone can look at the history of the drafts and see at see I've never missed a pick......never abandoned my team in any season .....always submitted a lineup each week all with players active ....never stopped trying to improve my team through waivers.....never had any kind of personal spat with anyone here- tried to help others get picks they wanted sometimes at my own expense.....and most of all never tried to "'use the clock to intentionally make anyone mad.....often times I was trying to trade and would get left at the altar or someone would offer ....counteroffer and never respond.....many different reasons....sometimes i have even traded into picks with hardly anytime on the clock......i never once blamed anyone or created a problem.....just took the blame for the times and moved on....the few times I have been late on the clock it was completely unintentional.....for that I sincerely apologize 

well I have said my peace.....I will leave it up to you guys to decide if you want me back or I am fired.....regardless it's been a pleasure and an honor the past 8 seasons .....I wish you the best and will not hold a grudge....you will be hard pressed to find anyone as dedicated as me to win and be successful each season

feel free to reply with your opinions......I certainly covet them

Hmmmm....slightly mis-spoke above...was mid draft not mid season. There was a serious discussion during the draft last year. Every season that I've been involved another board has gotten angry with you for holding the clock hostage (abusing the clock). It was well into the drafts last year when the discussion came up again (in commish forum). I told the other board commissioners that it seemed a bit late for it, but I'd stand by their decision. I suggested that if they wished to pursue it would be easier to simply not have you back in future seasons. I have also repeatedly stated that the issue was NOT one of being a bad team-mate...you haven't been a problem for team FBG ;)

AT this point, as far as I know, no real or official decision was ever made. I again re-iterated (yesterday...in commish forum/thread) that I was fine with having you on our team but understood if they wished otherwise. At this moment, as far as I'm concerned, you're still one of us, and I expect that to remain the case.

Was gonna sit out this year but noticed we've already had 3 bail.......then remembered I didn't do too bad last year....not great, but respectable.

IN for 2017.

I'll head over to the FantasySharks forum and register (if I haven't already years ago....can't remember....) and get a few posts under my belt later today. Thanks Rene!
were you able to post? i try to do a reply but nothing shows up after.

were you able to post? i try to do a reply but nothing shows up after.
eta: registered as "Ruffrodys"

Tried to post in the recent Ty Hill thread and nothing appeared afterwards. 

Tried to start a new thread in the Eagles subforum and nothing appeared.

Gave up.

Dunno. Kind of a lame forum site if you ask me. Why allow new members but then not allow posts to show? If I can't post in the IBL subforum, what good is it over there? 

(Just speculating here but, maybe Joe and David would allow an IBL subforum here? Seems they've been more receptive of those lately since after years of staunchly refusing to have one we now have a politics subforum.)

In ?

PROVIDED CLASH STAYS!

Boycotting if he  is not (thing we all should).

IIf the rule aren't working for some, change them.

:2cents:

I have no problem with Clash using his alotted time to make a pick.....as I don't with any other drafter in IBL. If I recall there were quite a few guys using as much clock as possible last year (during my IBL drafts) for whatever reasons....looking to deal, etc. I never complained once and I think it's everyone's right to use the clock to their advantage. Do I like waiting so long? No. But I've got no right to complain as those are the rules and we're all aware of them going in. Now on the other hand, timing-out repeatedly is a different story (but not one being discussed here.)

Clash stays put on our team.

Don't really agree that boycotting is the correct response if the league chooses to boot him but, I'll follow the the majority if that's how team FBG wants to play it.

Rody

Ruffrodys05 said:
eta: registered as "Ruffrodys"

Tried to post in the recent Ty Hill thread and nothing appeared afterwards. 

Tried to start a new thread in the Eagles subforum and nothing appeared.

Gave up.

Dunno. Kind of a lame forum site if you ask me. Why allow new members but then not allow posts to show? If I can't post in the IBL subforum, what good is it over there? 

(Just speculating here but, maybe Joe and David would allow an IBL subforum here? Seems they've been more receptive of those lately since after years of staunchly refusing to have one we now have a politics subforum.)
I had no problems posting immediately, only with doing PMs. I did notice that I could be signed in on the main page, and NOT signed in when on forum pages...similar to here.

I registered as Stinkin Ref and tried to post in Tyreek Hill thread....typed my post and hit submit, but it doesn't show up...

I still can't get in...recognizes my user name and email address (when I ask it to reset my password), says it has been sent, but is not in my inbox or junk mail.  Rene, if you know the guy who runs those boards, can you ask him if he can reset it if I give you my username and email addy?

In regards to Clash, those guys have had it out for him for years.  Unless he spit on one of their kids, I just don't get the vitriol.  Let's just tell them Clash stays and he promises not to bleed the clock (which is not a rule, BTW) and we will make sure he complies.  It is ridiculous they have singled him out when there are others who do the same, etc.

Sweet Love said:
 Let's just tell them Clash stays and he promises not to bleed the clock (which is not a rule, BTW) and we will make sure he complies.  It is ridiculous they have singled him out when there are others who do the same, etc.
I don't think we should promise anything with regards to clock time management. Why should Clash be forced to adhere to a different standard than anyone else. As far as bolded, I mentioned this prior.....encountered a little bit of it in my drafts last year and is exactly why there should be no concessions from FBG on this issue.

Rody

Doesn't appear it's going to be much of an issue. Without trying to raise blood pressures I'll state that I do get both sides of this. Most guys have sat on the clock an hour or two here or there trying to make a deal...that's expected. Others might get caught at work and not be able to check in until they've been OTC for 4 or 5 hours. EVen in those cases, a quick note and another hour wait is reasonable. Where folks get (rightfully IMO) riled is when someone IS ABLE TO check in, does so, and sits OTC for 4, 5, 6 or more hours waiting on an offer. THAT'S what CLash has been accused of doing on multiple occasions. That's not the purpose of the clock, nor should it be. If everyone did that, the drafts could never finish on time. And yes...others have been guilty of that on occasion as well. There might be more to the anti-clash sentiment then this. In the end, we should simply be cognizant of the fact that the clock isn't meant to give you 6+ hours to make a deal, but to give you a few hours when caught at work or asleep and not available to even work a deal.

I've heard back from everybody except Dave (Gringo) and Bass for some reason. Even if both pick up a team we need at least one more member. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, We could still use another FBG commish. This will be more challenging for me this year with a week long vacation in early August.

Also, those having issues accessing an old  account, try just making a new account with a slightly different name. PM me with Fantasyshark IDs that don't match FBG IDs

I would nominate Mr I as a possible owner.....very active in other drafts here,,,,,and I thought Bass said he was out cause he was moving during that time.....although I'm not sure we should except that as a valid excuse....and maybe drunken slob or biabreakable or ryheaps...

I would nominate Mr I as a possible owner.....very active in other drafts here,,,,,and I thought Bass said he was out cause he was moving during that time.....although I'm not sure we should except that as a valid excuse....and maybe drunken slob or biabreakable or ryheaps...
Jeez, I'm blushing over here, Ref.  :blush:

Be happy to help represent team FBG if you guys would have me, and don't mind the rookie asking a lot of stupid questions as I deal with the learning curve ... then again I won ABLC as an Anarchy rookie last year, so maybe ignorance is bliss.  :D

IN. My general thought is that everyone should make their picks as timely as possible. If you're waiting on trade possibilities, no problem. Otherwise, make your pick as soon as you can. My perspective comes from about a decade as commish in this thing. Just because others do it does not make it ok for you to do so. As for Clash, I've never personally had a problem with him. Seems like a good guy. If he had been noted as having time clock issues in the past, I only ask that, if he remains allowed to stay in the league (and I support Rene in going with whatever the other Board commishes decide), that he makes his picks as timely as possible.

Be happy to help represent team FBG if you guys would have me, and don't mind the rookie asking a lot of stupid questions as I deal with the learning curve ... then again I won ABLC as an Anarchy rookie last year, so maybe ignorance is bliss.  :D
I second the nomination of Mr. Irrelevant...Good guy in the "mock community"!

Welcome to the team....get over to fantasysharks and get registered there.

Rene,

I am Sweet Love FBG (I just made a new one)...I was going to be Sweet Lover, but I thought that may be over-the-top.

Our board slots:

Footballguys
1.01E
1.02B
1.03G
1.04D
1.05A
1.06F
1.07C
1.08H
1.09E
1.10B
1.11D
1.12A

SO that 5 early, 5 middle, only 2 late....bad draw :(

ONly like 5 folks granted IBL forum access so far. TO be clear, only a couple guys from Sharks can grant that access...AFTER they get the specific SHarks ID. IS everyone registered at the Sharks website? If so, is you name different there?

STILL NEED ONE MORE.

Hello guys…… Thanks for all the kind words and the camaraderie… I definitely want to stay in the league and play on the footballguys squad again ....so I would be honored if you would have me……just waiting for the green light from Renesauz 

i would also like 1.10 B or 1.11D in that order .......it would be better for me and a faster drafting strategy if I had pics close together......thanks 

In as Duckboy.  I've put in a few posts but don't see them yet.

ETA - No preference on spot.

ONly like 5 folks granted IBL forum access so far. TO be clear, only a couple guys from Sharks can grant that access...AFTER they get the specific SHarks ID. IS everyone registered at the Sharks website? If so, is you name different there?
I'm signed up as "Mr Irrelevant" (no period) but haven't made any posts yet so not sure I can be viewed / given access. I'll do this as soon as I'm able (site is blocked from work). 

ETA: I'll take any draft slot, would prefer not to be first out of the gate just so I can get a feel for the process though.

You have to be granted access...that's why I need specific SHarks handles
Rene,

Do you have everything you need from me?  Handle is Sweet Love FBG, and I did post and receive a message that my posts can be viewed.  I am fine with the early or mid drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread