renesauz

2017 IBL

928 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Ive been checking in on the IBL Board.  Do I need to continue to check in here too?  Just wondering communication logistics. thanks

We'll use this thread for our own discussions. All trades will need to be posted at Sharks. It's not all that complex really. All 96 members will be listed in all 8 drafts on MFL, but only 12 people are assigned to that draft as a "home". You can trade 2 of your picks in B draft, for example, for 2 picks in H draft, and then own picks in both drafts. I've managed to make picks in 7 or 8 different drafts in one year. Then, the rosters from all 8 drafts will be imported into a single league, which just happens to have 8 copies of every player. You'll play 5 or 6 games every week.

When you make a trade with a person from another board, one of you has to post the details of that trade into a specific thread at SHarks: Fpr example: Renesauz trades 4.2A and 6.9E to Lab for 4.8B and 5.6B. Then Lab must post in the same thread something along the lines of "I Concur with Rene trade". THEN you can process the trades in the various leagues (A, B and E in this case) the same way you would in any other (simpler) league...it's just three different "offers" going out on MFL instead of one. THat's why PMs are essential...you wanna be able to communicate privately, or carry on multiple conversations with multiple people.

TRading within the team (to another FBG) is essentially the same, except that it requires approval from any non-FBG commissioner. Each board has at least one, and a few will have two. THose types of trades MUST be as close to even as reasonably achievable, and generally within 5% on the FBG trade calculator. If it involves picks from earlier than the 12th round, you aren't likely to get approval at anything more than 5% value difference. Even past the 12th round, anything over 5% is going to get questioned. These trades have their own thread.

You guys will pick this up quickly...it's easier than it sounds, but I usually put new players in later drafts to give you a little while to feel it out and get a handle on it.

Assignments:

5A: BTSW

12A: StinkinRef

2B: Duckboy

10B: ClashoftheTitans

7C: Rudnicki

4D: Broncofreak

11D: Sweet Love

1E: Ruffrodys

9E: Renesauz

6F: Old Milwaukee

3G: Mr Irrelevant

8H: Gringoloco

THey're asking for emails. PM them to me if you can.

5 hours ago, renesauz said:

Assignments:

5A: BTSW

12A: StinkinRef

2B: Duckboy

10B: ClashoftheTitans

7C: Rudnicki

4D: Broncofreak

11D: Sweet Love

1E: Ruffrodys

9E: Renesauz

6F: Old Milwaukee

3G: Mr Irrelevant

8H: Gringoloco

might want to move mr i out of the last group

I've tried to post several times including 2 to 625james to have me added to IBL forum but they aren't showing up...I can't PM anyone either.....have draft tomorrow 

thanks guys 

KillerFins is requesting emails from:  Rene, Mr Irel and sweet love in the IBL/draft sites thread.

On 7/29/2017 at 1:34 AM, renesauz said:

THey're asking for emails. PM them to me if you can.

Sent PM to you and Sweet Love.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:15 AM, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

might want to move mr i out of the last group

You can swap him with me if that works for everybody.....

Old Milwaukee I got your PM message but when I tried to reply it said I wasn't authorized 

1 hour ago, Clash of the Titans said:

Old Milwaukee I got your PM message but when I tried to reply it said I wasn't authorized 

You will have to post replys to some topics on the message board.     

They will eventually grow tired of not letting you in.

:stirspot:

Edited by OldMilwaukee
voice recognition

So the first trade went down between two teams from the same League (SweetnessU).  Can someone experienced explain the strategy here?  I'm trying to still wrap my head around the trade aspect of this draft/league.

Thanks

Okay, since I didn't hear anything about swapping draft slots I went ahead and logged into all 8 draft sites and the main site. Ready to roll. Good luck Team FBG!!! Let's do this!!!

3 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Okay, since I didn't hear anything about swapping draft slots I went ahead and logged into all 8 draft sites and the main site. Ready to roll. Good luck Team FBG!!! Let's do this!!!

ditto

Mr Irrelevant wants to swap to a middle draft...if any middle drafters wanna go late, maybe do an intra-board to swap entire drafts?

Also, I'll be heading out of town early tomorrow morning on vacation. I'll have access sporadically, but this won't a priority...hafta figure out how to get along with a nasty sister and about 30 little nieces and nephews.

Obviously Drafts A, B & C are starting today (Monday, July 31.) When do the other drafts start? Couldn't find it on the IBL board. Asked there also but, maybe you know Rene.

39 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Obviously Drafts A, B & C are starting today (Monday, July 31.) When do the other drafts start? Couldn't find it on the IBL board. Asked there also but, maybe you know Rene.

it is a week in between

2 minutes ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

it is a week in between

Yep, just saw a reply to my question on the IBL board:

D, E & F - Monday,  Aug. 7

G & H - Monday, Aug. 14

@Ruffrodys05 - let me know if you're down for swapping drafts and we can put in a trade as Rene noted.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

@Ruffrodys05 - let me know if you're down for swapping drafts and we can put in a trade as Rene noted.

I already stated a few posts above that I would be.....but, heard crickets. Get a hold of Rene and get the ball rolling. I'm game for a swap of drafts slots if that'll help you out. I don't have a preference.

Rody

Uhh ohh breaking news 

Got a private message from dagorhir sent very early this morning.....telling me I'm banned for this year but can return in 2018 and of course no reason listed .....and after signing up for the different drafts I cant access any of them today 

here's the message 

" sorry man, i like you but it was decided last year that you would sit out 1 year.

you are more than welcome back in 2018.

good luck,  "

i do have the obvious solution to this dilemma 😉

and the biggest question I have is why after being approved for entry to the league for several days I get this message on the morning of the draft......I haven't responded just thought I would post it here 

On 7/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, BassNBrew said:

:lmao:

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that!

48 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

Uhh ohh breaking news 

Got a private message from dagorhir sent very early this morning.....telling me I'm banned for this year but can return in 2018 and of course no reason listed .....and after signing up for the different drafts I cant access any of them today 

here's the message 

" sorry man, i like you but it was decided last year that you would sit out 1 year.

good luck,  "

and the biggest question I have is why after being approved for entry to the league for several days I get this message on the morning of the draft......I haven't responded just thought I would post it here 

That is ridiculous...

55 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

Uhh ohh breaking news 

here's the message 

good luck,  "

Seems to be a glitch in communications as Rene already went through the process of vetting you this year and got the "green" light from the Commissioners board. Someone else overriding the boards decision? Why do we (you) get this notice at the very last minute? Team FBG was willing to work around you not being involved this year and negotiations were made in good faith. Now this? At the last minute? We should consider the effect this has on the team as a whole as we now need to find a replacement at the very last second for your draft today. Maybe a boycott is warranted? Just don't know the correct response here. I'll go with whatever the majority of the team feels is the right thing to do.

Rody

I sent a message to the "commish" on the main site and also to dagorhir and 625James to try and see whats up.

Rene is prolly sleeping now so someone has to.

19 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Rene is prolly sleeping now so someone has to.

rene said above he was leaving town on vacation but would check in occasionally.....early response was this from James....

"This is Dag's crusade. Dag says he didn't see the posts until 2 days ago. The problem lays in it was a year ago since Clash was discussed. I don't recall if there was a decision or not. Dag recalls an agreement on a 1 year suspension. FFLW is defunct leaving us up in the air as to what exactly was discussed. IDK what to do honestly. I guess Dag locked Clash out or got Killer Fins to do so. I think Dan was picking behind or close to Clash last year so it is possible there were enough votes to ban Clash. I wish I knew definitively. Dag has been working hard to get the last two teams up to 12. So he is stressed out.

Clash hasn't been a high volume trader so perhaps pretty much a straight draft for the team would be possible with Clash in on the "consensus pick" Dag mentioned earlier.

Maybe a "new" guy from FBG can be found with an email not already associated with Clash  

Anybody on the team have an alias over there with an email address that's not important?"

Rene's not leaving until tomorrow morning.

So one guy (albeit, a top guy,) has a continuing beef and decides he's making a decision that's contradictory to what the board has already decided. Good to know. I'm considering removing myself from this league if these kinds of shenanigans are permitted to stand. I'm no master of this game but, I did finish second on the team last year after playoffs concluded.

Rody

Edited by Ruffrodys05

Dagohir's reponse....

Hi Ref,

Thanks for writing me.
There was miscommunication when i was loopy from pain meds a few weeks ago.

Last year in the Commish thread we decided that we had had enough of Clash's stalling and pissing off multiple players. he was suspended for 1 year but we let him finish the season.
this 'approval' a week or so ago didn't go through all the commishes and did NOT have a vote on it a few weeks ago.
It was decided last year.

according to what i see Clash was added friday night and then added to the sites last night or yesterday.

i have stated he cannot come back and is suspended for the year previously and am adamant on the previous year's decision by the majority of Commisioners and by Clash's track record for being disruptive year after year.

Clash is more than welcome to play again in 2018.

I have already stated that I/We know you guys can't pull a player out of midair today and have requested you pick by FBG Committee for the 1.10B Draft Slot.

Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

Thanks,

Dag

Someone needs to send Dag this message....

BassNBrew is willing to jump in to replace Clash.  He stepped out this year because he's in the middle of a remodeling project and move.  His picks will definitely be slower than Clashes by a bunch, but you'll get to prove your point at the expense of everyone in that draft.

I this flies, I suggest putting me in a league that drafts later and has the fewest number of FBGs in it.

3 people like this

I knew when I signed up over there I should have just created a new name 

this entire saga is just unexplainable......never at  any point have i ever stalled a draft to make people mad that I've never met in real life in a fantasy football draft for Pete's sake .....I have far too many important things going on in my life.....i honestly feel some people cannot separate fantasy from reality and take their usernames and titles way too serious 

my solution was to create a new name and alias and retire " clash of the titans "

that would satisfy the ban 

I know they can come in here and read this but I really don't give a ####....

I like some of the others are not real happy with the way all this went down and part of me feels like walking away as well....but in the best interest of "representing" FBG I'm not sure we should do that.....

how about we just sign Bass up....he gives Clash his password and they semi tag team this mutha f'er with Clash taking the lead...they can decide on what email they want to receive offers on, etc...or they can just say screw it and not do any trades and just pick....

I can be the biggest little "get back games cry baby #####" with the best of em....and I love to prove a point....but we probably need to try and be the bigger person here and stay classy...it's like I have Rene on my shoulder or some ####...

but then again I'm down with saying #### it and bailing if thats what we want to do....

2 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

I knew when I signed up over there I should have just created a new name 

this entire saga is just unexplainable......never at  any point have i ever stalled a draft to make people mad that I've never met in real life in a fantasy football draft for Pete's sake .....I have far too many important things going on in my life.....i honestly feel some people cannot separate fantasy from reality and take their usernames and titles way too serious 

my solution was to create a new name and alias and retire " clash of the titans "

that would satisfy the ban 

I say we give em Bass's stuff....instead of yo making a fake name....and then between the two of you guys, you just figure it out...

Bass that's completely up to you but I would be okay with this 

i will give you my cell and email to help as well 

13 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

Bass that's completely up to you but I would be okay with this 

i will give you my cell and email to help as well 

I'll help however but I'm slammed. Clash set up the bassnbrew alias at Dhaka tagged to your email.  Well just turn the keys over to u

My plan this year was to just do a straight draft with no trades .....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up......

this is is what happened to me last year when I was in the 9th round on one draft and it almost used my time up 

my reponse to dagohir

Not sure if Renesauz (or Clash for that matter) was aware of the year long suspension handed out last year.  It was never mentioned on our board even during recent discussions on the matter with Renesauz on this topic, and something I think he would have mentioned and probably at least remembered heading into this year.

I don't know, maybe it slipped his mind.

But he indicated Clash was good to go after recent discussions with the commishs, so for those that WERE involved, none of them reminded him of the previously agreed upon suspension either.  

So it must not have been real clear to several people.

As a team, our team is getting a little frustrated by this and feel that Clash is being singled out here a little and an example trying to be made, even though there are many people who have issues with the clock.

Clash has been in this league since 2005, he has NEVER missed a pick, never abandoned his team in any season, always submitted a lineup each week all with players active, and never stopped trying to improve his team through waivers.  There were times he got caught in a bad spot, and he recognizes that, which can happen to anybody, but bottom line, he never timed out.  

So I don't know if the commish's all need to get together again, when not on pain meds or whatever, cause it sounds like there is some confusion on that end, even very recently.  

Feels like getting jerked around a little when:

1. not being made aware of whatever suspension was decided on last year (Clash probably should have been notified directly and immediately, that would have been a nice touch). So he thought everything was fine after last year. 

2. get's told everything is still fine this year and he is good to go after "discussions by the commishs"

3. signs up and submits his info for this year

4. and then not until THE DAY OF THE DRAFT starting this year is he told he got suspended (last year)

We will work things out and respect decisions that are made, but I think we can all agree this wasn't handled very well.

Thanks.

Ref

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

My plan this year was to just do a straight draft with no trades .....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up......

this is is what happened to me last year when I was in the 9th round on one draft and it almost used my time up 

If that's your plan I'd propose that maybe you guys swap into my 3-slot in the G draft since I need to move to an earlier draft anyway (due to my schedule) and I'll take 10B. Rene PM'd me to point out we can just go an 18-for-18 intra trade to make that happen ...

I probably won't make a ton of trades either since this is my first rodeo, but reading prior years' threads it seems like we need to be at least a little bit active from the early drafts to stay competitive. And frankly the 10-12 region has been kind of a 'dead zone' in most mocks I've done so I'm not sure how much you'll like the team if you stay completely put ... that fact in and of itself will encourage me to get on the trading horse ...

Totally up to you of course, just want to do what's best for team FBG here.

21 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

.....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up...............

This has happened to me on multiple occasions.   The latter in particular, making you out to look like the bad guy.

Somebody talk me down!

I need to give the big finger to someone!

Not sure when/or how?