Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
renesauz

2017 IBL

10 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

FWIW from reading the chat the guy OTC at 1.09B is UK-based so most likely won't make a pick for another few hours - that'll buy us some time.

I'm still OK with moving into B and giving my slot in G to Clash, BnB, whoever. Probably wouldn't bother trying to trade out of 1.10 regardless as I like two names left about equally.

Thanks to Ref and Rene for trying to do right by us through this whole fiasco.

Ill be glad to do that if needed.  :P

Edited by BassNBrew

So...this thing has me steaming more and more the more I think about it. Maybe I'm just too tired to deal with it like an adult, but I just posted this in the commish-only forum at SHarks:

So, I'm absolutely exhausted right now, and more then a little irritated and cranky, but feel like I need to say more here.

DAG,
If you wanna be the head commish of a 96 man 8 board league, you can't "miss" a crucial discussion started in the commish only forum started two weeks before said league kicks off drafting. You just can't. This would have been an easy fix 10 or 12 days ago when I tried to bring it up. That is absolutely 100% on you. I made a decision on my own because I was left on my own with it, and that decision should be left to stand.

And why are no passwords posted!?

Be back (briefly) in the morning...heading for much needed sleep

I'll check back in around 8 Am EST.

Ref will have to be my backup while I travel tomorrow (8 hour drive to Pigeon Forge from Hampton roads). I'll have sporadic access all week....huge family reunion but I'll check in when I can. Will also be available via text...ref has my digits

Edited by renesauz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clash of the Titans said:

My choices would be Nelson and then Green.....what do you think Mr I ?

AJG > Jordy IMO. I think I'd actually lean Gordon over Jordy if Green goes 1.09 but I'd be cool with either

I pm'd dag and requested the swap.....figured he could do it for us after all this....told him to then replace clash with bass as well...we can figure out the details here later

wh0urdady (SleeperU 10C)    I know chum was interested but would be the morning likely before we worked anything out
Stinkin Ref (FBG 12A)    No worries....good luck
wh0urdady (SleeperU 10C)    Not looking for a rb not named bell or dj lol
Stinkin Ref (FBG 12A)    Will give you Freeman for your 1.10
wh0urdady (SleeperU 10C)    Looking at offers for 1.10

on and then gone for 15 mintues .... ban him i say

If there's any justice in this…… Decision will stand and I'll be able to keep my 1.10 B pick......i've been preparing for this draft the all summer with a late round pick…… It's hard to believe this is going down the way it is but it is what it is

If I am banned for a year I will be glad to help with whatever I can behind the scenes… Making pics…help with newbies....etc

I appreciate stinkin ref and everyone else defending my side 

goodnite 

Hey Clash, I don't think personal feelinags towards you (from Team FBG) are reflected to a high degree with respect towards the issue the team is facing at the moment. Please, no offense meant or implied. The treatment you've been given here is not okay with me (or the team as a whole, as far as I can tell) and I'd defend any team member being treated this way. As it is I'm extremely disappointed by this "turn" of events and that's putting it mildly. I don't believe there will be any "justice" served at this point that will appease you or the rest of us. I only hope that you will write this off for '17 (forgive-n-forget) and come back with a vengeance next year.

Rody

• Like 1

Their can be only one resolution, playing by the written rules.

Enforcement of unwritten rules by the "dark state" doesn't sit well with me.     As I am sure I will be next.

I will not play.

: Takingmypicksandgoinghome:

Jesus Holy #### Christ are things jacked up now ...

I woke up this morning and went to the IBL site only to find that my teams (which are all linked to my MFL username) are renamed BnB ... and "Mr. Irrelevant" is OTC in B but I can't get to my supposed team to make a pick because they're probably still linked to someone else.

Whoever from FS did all that needs to undo it. At this stage I don't care if I'm back in G, so be it, I'll just trade up or have y'all make my late round picks ... but this is ####### nuts. :wall:

ETA: I think they should be able to change the email associated with each team so that I can unlink my 3G teams and re-link to the 10B's that have my name in them now. I let them know in chat ... guess we'll see ...

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Lot of apologizing coming from Dag re. all of this. Don't think he's going to bend as he's firmly convinced that the decision WAS made last year (and TBH, it may have been).

So we can drop out as a team or we can make the adjustments and keep CLash involved from the sidelines. I lean towards the later.

An excerpt from Dag's POM to me:

-------- This WAS handled poorly by myself but it doesn't change the fact of Clash's suspension being voted on, then passed last year.

In closing I will apologise again to you, Stinking Ref and the FBG's Club, you are a strong and vibrant member of this League and the last thing any Head Commissioner wants to do is piss off a not only long tenured Board but just the principle of FairPlay and most importantly Communication.
I will strive to be not only competent the rest of this year, being more involved with communications and also be firm and fair to all Boards and the important individuals who are dedicated Members of their Board's Champaign.

I've never had issues with Dag before this

Also sent from DAg re. CLash:

---2015---

stalling begins...

8.01    85.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Ryan, Matt ATL QB    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.02    86.    Usual Suspects (FFT 1F)    Boldin, Anquan SFO WR    Sun Aug 17 7:56:09 p.m. ET 2014    -   
8.03    87.    efactor (SO 9C)    Foles, Nick PHI QB    Sun Aug 17 8:49:10 p.m. ET 2014    -   
8.04    88.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Shorts, Cecil JAC WR    Mon Aug 18 6:28:23 a.m. ET 2014    -   
8.05    89.    Valence (FBG 5D)    Griffin III, Robert WAS QB    Mon Aug 18 6:28:24 a.m. ET 2014

OMG, the very next round!!! Seriously???
misses 12 hours by 10 minutes!!!

9.11    107.    HitNRun (GURU 7H)    Clay, Charles MIA TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:21 p.m. ET 2014    -   
9.12    108.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Miller, Heath PIT TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.01    109.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Austin, Tavon STL WR    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.02    110.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB    Tue Aug 19 10:23:58 p.m. ET 2014    -   
10.03    111.    Packman (GURU 3C)    Smith, Steve BAL WR    Tue Aug 19 10:23:59 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.04    112.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Brady, Tom NEP QB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:13 a.m. ET 2014    -   
10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:14 a.m. ET 2014

----2016---

stalls H Draft Twice last year.

7.11    83.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Gordon, Josh CLE WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:29 p.m. ET 2014    -    At some point, you just close your eyes, feel the force, and swing . . .
7.12    84.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.01    85.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Ryan, Matt ATL QB    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.02    86.    Usual Suspects (FFT 1F)    Boldin, Anquan SFO WR    Sun Aug 17 7:56:09 p.m. ET 2014    -   
8.03    87.    efactor (SO 9C)    Foles, Nick PHI QB    Sun Aug 17 8:49:10 p.m. ET 2014    -   
8.04    88.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Shorts, Cecil JAC WR    Mon Aug 18 6:28:23 a.m. ET 2014    -   
8.05    89.    Valence (FBG 5D)    Griffin III, Robert WAS QB    Mon Aug 18 6:28:24 a.m. ET 2014

this draft is cruising, yet Clash decides to stall it AGAIN overnight.

9.09    105.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Cooper, Riley PHI WR    Tue Aug 19 7:39:36 p.m. ET 2014    -   
9.10    106.    Chavez (FS 5A)    Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB    Tue Aug 19 7:45:44 p.m. ET 2014    -   
9.11    107.    HitNRun (GURU 7H)    Clay, Charles MIA TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:21 p.m. ET 2014    -   
9.12    108.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Miller, Heath PIT TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.01    109.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Austin, Tavon STL WR    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.02    110.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB    Tue Aug 19 10:23:58 p.m. ET 2014    -   
10.03    111.    Packman (GURU 3C)    Smith, Steve BAL WR    Tue Aug 19 10:23:59 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.04    112.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Brady, Tom NEP QB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:13 a.m. ET 2014    -   
10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB

I like CLash, and he's a great team-mate, but I've always understood the complaint. It wasn't just that CLash waited the whole clock, but that he was seen popping in (AND OUT) of the drafts and said little or nothing. Last year wasn't the first time it was discussed.

I know some guys feel like they can do this because "those are the rules", but I don't support that argument...if too many people did so the drafts could NEVER finish in a reasonable amount of time and before the season starts. I do NOT agree with a ban...simply saying I understand how/why it came about.

Everyone of those is overnight.  I don't see any prime drafting hours going by the wayside.  

• Like 1

Every one of those was an overnight deal. Seriously. I sleep at night.

I'd rather not skip out as a team. I'd rather play to win and go with Rene's later suggestion.

I'd also like to see others held to the same standards that applied to Clash. If this year continues to be a ####show (draft wise,) we can play out the year and then decide as a team if we want to return.

Rody

eta: this completely sucks that we are now put in this position over a petty squabble.....I know this is one of everyone's favorite leagues.....including me. The challenge is what makes it so enjoyable.

Edited by Ruffrodys05

So, I have had an idea for a couple of years, and think it would be a good way to keep Clash involved.  Bass started doing this a couple of years back, but then linked up with Ref, and we lost it a bit.  He acted as a GM or coach of us unofficially.  Basically, a non-invested set of eyes to help us when we are knee deep in the draft.  I say move Clash (if he is willing), to Coach, and suggest intra and inter trades when maybe we are missing something.  

I know I could use the help (one year I was out and about, on the clock and my phone was blowing up with trade offers).  Couldn't figure out what was going on, made a trade, guy selected Woodhead in the 11th (whoops), and he went off.  

Sound like a good idea?  I think we should stay.  This is bigger than us as we represent FBG, and the best payback is to win the thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

So, I have had an idea for a couple of years, and think it would be a good way to keep Clash involved.  Bass started doing this a couple of years back, but then linked up with Ref, and we lost it a bit.  He acted as a GM or coach of us unofficially.  Basically, a non-invested set of eyes to help us when we are knee deep in the draft.  I say move Clash (if he is willing), to Coach, and suggest intra and inter trades when maybe we are missing something.  

I know I could use the help (one year I was out and about, on the clock and my phone was blowing up with trade offers).  Couldn't figure out what was going on, made a trade, guy selected Woodhead in the 11th (whoops), and he went off.  

Sound like a good idea?  I think we should stay.  This is bigger than us as we represent FBG, and the best payback is to win the thing.

The biggest issue is something that an independent set of eyes can't help with.  Say Ref wants T. Hill at 3.12A and Ruds is coming up at 4.10C and he's still available.  Ruds needs to select Hill for Ref with that 4.10 and then a trade needs to be made between Ref and Ruds where Ref gives Ruds +Dodds value to switch spots.  The worse thing you can do in this league is to draft people 2 rounds early and not make use of the draft spot value.  

The other thing that can be done is that if you highly value a guy at 3.12 that you think is likely a 5.1 draft candidate, trade out of your draft spot to a later draft via an INTRA trade and then trade back into one of the drafts where you see your guy slipping.

One other thought is that the guys in the early drafts need to trade picks for + Dodds value as often as possible.  It's extremely feasible if you make a few trades to turn a 7th round pick into a 5th round pick at no cost.

The teams that do this type of stuff effectively maximize their draft picks and end up with much stronger teams overall at the end of the draft.

41 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I'd rather not skip out as a team. I'd rather play to win and go with Rene's later suggestion.

I'd also like to see others held to the same standards that applied to Clash. If this year continues to be a ####show (draft wise,) we can play out the year and then decide as a team if we want to return.

Rody

eta: this completely sucks that we are now put in this position over a petty squabble.....I know this is one of everyone's favorite leagues.....including me. The challenge is what makes it so enjoyable.

Agree whole-heartedly.

I asked for ref to get commish access. I' already an hour behind this morning with a looooong drive ahead of me.

42 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Rody

I agree...he cherry-picked the longest examples. But to be clear...that's just part of the story. I understand their point even if I disagree with their solution.

17 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

The biggest issue is something that an independent set of eyes can't help with.  Say Ref wants T. Hill at 3.12A and Ruds is coming up at 4.10C and he's still available.  Ruds needs to select Hill for Ref with that 4.10 and then a trade needs to be made between Ref and Ruds where Ref gives Ruds +Dodds value to switch spots.  The worse thing you can do in this league is to draft people 2 rounds early and not make use of the draft spot value.  

The other thing that can be done is that if you highly value a guy at 3.12 that you think is likely a 5.1 draft candidate, trade out of your draft spot to a later draft via an INTRA trade and then trade back into one of the drafts where you see your guy slipping.

One other thought is that the guys in the early drafts need to trade picks for + Dodds value as often as possible.  It's extremely feasible if you make a few trades to turn a 7th round pick into a 5th round pick at no cost.

The teams that do this type of stuff effectively maximize their draft picks and end up with much stronger teams overall at the end of the draft.

:thumbup: Thanks for this, is probably the most clear and concise explanation of the process this noob has seen yet.

As it happens, I don't know which one of us is gonna be picking in 10B vs. 3G when this mess is all sorted out. In a vacuum I'd take Gordon at 1.10, but it seems as though Jordy's going ahead of Gordon in all drafts, so if I'm reading you right, I should have Ref pick Jordy at 1.10B and swing a trade in a later draft to acquire Gordon +Dodds value, correct?

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

13 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

:thumbup: Thanks for this, is probably the most clear and concise explanation of the process this noob has seen yet.

As it happens, I don't know which one of us is gonna be picking in 10B vs. 3G when this mess is all sorted out. In a vacuum I'd take Gordon at 1.10, but it seems as though Jordy's going ahead of Gordon in all drafts, so if I'm reading you right, I should have Ref pick Jordy at 1.10B and swing a trade in a later draft to acquire Gordon +Dodds value, correct?

The simplest solution is for you to run with the 10B.  I have no time to do any trading this year.  I'll be glad to be pawn if anyone needs to move around for position.

Regarding your last statement, if Gordon was going mid 2nd then that would be the case.  Gordon is only going a few picks behind Jordy so they are basically the same pick.  

If Gordon falls to 2.6C when Ruds is up, you should ask Ruds if he's interested in Jordy.  If Ruds doesn't see value elsewhere and isn't in love with Gordon and likes Jordy, you would be great trading partners.  It's always easier to do this stuff before you pick a specific player.

Although I completely disagree with this ban and Old Milwaukee made the best point......I'm down with helping out this year from the sidelines.......this league is too great for Footballguys to drop out.....it's life it's not always fair 

speaking of Old Milwaukee I took that as if he was leaving the league.......probably need to reach out to him and see if that's what he actually meant 

7 hours ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Their can be only one resolution, playing by the written rules.

Enforcement of unwritten rules by the "dark state" doesn't sit well with me.     As I am sure I will be next.

I will not play.

: Takingmypicksandgoinghome:

I completely agree with your point....but you're too valuable of a player to give up ....footballguys needs you in the IBL

I don't want to go rouge, but I believe we should be exiting.

The rule couldn't be more black and white.  And now we have a subjective rule, subject to interpretation.   Intent?  feelings? Preduice? Cheating? Team cohesiveness? Bias?  Hersay? Missinterpretations?  Communication errors?  These cannot be put aside easily when voting on some issue.  This should have never been put to a vote.  Being uncertain of the commissioner strucher of the league, I will call the office in general incompetent.

It is appearent that dissatisfaction with the rule has been going on for more than a decade.  It is also apparent that secret discussions have resulted in no change to the rule, but rather a clandestine committee charged with it's enforcement.

The solution is simple.   Change the clock rule for what's best for the majority off the participants.  Is 12 to long?   IMO, given the technology, it is way to long.  I could make a good argument for a one hour clock!  More than a decade of dealing with this issue and all we have is a subjective yet enforceable rule,  effectively stating the rule not a rule.

The commissioner's office is tainted with the smell of arrogance and incompetence.

PS.  That be said, it is amazing, and a sign of organizational genuis that they can put this together.   Thank you!!!

I only wish it could be applied to the rules and the enforcement of them.

Can someone from team FBG check their Sharks PMs and let me know if you see one from me in your inbox? I've been sending PMs but everything I've "submitted" has gone to my Outbox instead of to "Sent Messages" and I have no idea whether anyone's receiving them. TIA ...

• Like 1

Aargyle (LW Ronin 11B)I must be deep on the clock! Oh, just on deck? Whew, hours to go!

Aargyle (LW Ronin 11B)Oh man, totally forgot to check i

not to mention that in the chat right below mr. smart ### here was a discussion about how the pick was going to be changing hands.

on deck at the time then sits on the clock for at least 3.5 hours

oh not during the middle of the night ...

Edited by by_the_sea_wannabe

9 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Can someone from team FBG check their Sharks PMs and let me know if you see one from me in your inbox? I've been sending PMs but everything I've "submitted" has gone to my Outbox instead of to "Sent Messages" and I have no idea whether anyone's receiving them. TIA ...

you are good

• Like 1

Couple things..I had zero intent of taking on commish duties....I have no idea what I am doing half the time when it comes to trades and #### and a big reason why I liked partnering with bass....that #### ain't my strength....but anyway, my plan is to go ahead and be our commish representative, but really not do a darn thing....Renesauz will be back at some point....I took on the battle with Dbagohir as a matter of principle and because Renesauz was going to be out of pocket for a bit....but mostly out of principle as that kind of stuff drives me nuts and seeing people get away with it is even worse....it's really not worth rehashing everything in here again, although I want you guys to know I am going to continue the fight and let them know that the arrangements we have made in no way show our agreement with the way things have been handled and I am am actually going to be completely honest and up front with them and say that Clash will actually be the one behind Bass's name....if they choose to kick us out for circumventing the ruling....so be it....it will be another ruling they make up....

soo...this is what I would like to see happen after going through all this if you guys are ok with it....

Mr. I....you are in draft B....period....it's your team

Clash....you are in draft G....it's YOUR team...you are just under Bass's name....you guys share passwords or whatever...but you function just how you normally would have

Bass....thank you for being willing to allow us to use you....I know you are busy and our team will suffer because of it....you are kind of the glue/expert at all this ####....so anything you can do to help by chiming in along the way would be great....I may need you at times and will bug you anyway, so I apologize ahead of time.....I know you don't have the time to be our full fledged "coach" but when you see something please let us know.....Mr. I could probably use some time under your wing...

finally....I too believe we should be exiting....to prove a point....but if we don't let's kick some butt and represent FBG...and maybe we can wait until all the drafts get going for awhile and then bail.....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

18 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I got a message from you

my final message to dbagohir....I used a quote from OM as I thought it was appropriate...

please don't take the arrangements we have made as a sign that we are in agreement with anything that has transpired....most notably

1. the ruling to begin with.....their can be only one resolution, playing by the written rules.....enforcement of unwritten rules by the "dark state" doesn't sit well with us....nor should it with anybody....and let's be honest, that is exactly what has happened....

2. the way things were handled from the get go.....complete mess and cluster ####....that on it's own, probably deserved to have this made up ruling/vote/enforcement overturned....and apologized for....instead to be honest dag, it looks like a major personal issue for you and attempt to come into your new role on a massive power trip.....you have had plenty of opportunity to say "you know what, this was kind of a mess and you know what, he never did actually time out, let's just start fresh and use this as something to build off of moving forward"...at that point, everybody gets the message and we avoid all of this....we could have been there and we were actually there until you brought it back up....you can hide behind this "vote" that took place last year all you want...but even you admitted you don't know for sure how it shook down....

so...just to let you know and in an effort to be completely transparent....Clash will still be participating in the league this year....but he will be doing it under Bass's name......make sure you keep a watchful eye on him....if you choose to kick us out of the league, fine....we are prepared for that....otherwise this is over ...good luck.... :Drink) 

Ref

Edited by Stinkin Ref

sorry boys but we may be done....

Re: Clash of the Titans

Sent: Tue 08.01.2017, 10:11 
To: Stinkin Ref

this isn't over.

when i get time i will get the Boards together and we'll decide on the matter.

you just have to keep pushing it dude while rene does this with class.

Sent: Tue 08.01.2017, 09:53
by _Dagorhir_

so even after i show you clash's stalling the past two years you still come with attitude about that not clocking out thing?

seriously?

Sent: Tue 08.01.2017, 10:09
by _Dagorhir_

please don't take the arrangements we have made as a sign that we are in agreement with anything that has transpired....most notably

1. the ruling to begin with.....their can be only one resolution, playing by the written rules.....enforcement of unwritten rules by the "dark state" doesn't sit well with us....nor should it with anybody....and let's be honest, that is exactly what has happened....

---- you are wrong and 5 Boards voted to this effect. You think you can use very minute of the clock? then drafts would take 3 months not 3 weeks. It needed to be enforced, just because the guy has played for you for 2-3 years honest make him bullet proof.

2. the way things were handled from the get go.....complete mess and cluster frig....that on it's own, probably deserved to have this made up ruling/vote/enforcement overturned....and apologized for....instead to be honest dag, it looks like a major personal issue for you and attempt to come into your new role on a massive power trip.....you have had plenty of opportunity to say "you know what, this was kind of a mess and you know what, he never did actually time out, let's just start fresh and use this as something to build off of moving forward"...at that point, everybody gets the message and we avoid all of this....we could have been there and we were actually there until you brought it back up....you can hide behind this "vote" that took place last year all you want...but even you admitted you don't know for sure how it shook down....

---- wow, i already apologized. if thats not enough then so be it. the ruling will not be overturned. Rene has messaged me and i'm fine with you guys bolting if you like. i'll put it to the commishes on getting another team together like was suggested back in june. Just post it up and have any 12 FF'ers participate. your loss, the league needs competent respectable players in it, not selfish players who completely stop clocks for 84 other players for their benefit.

so...just to let you know and in an effort to be completely transparent....Clash will still be participating in the league this year....but he will be doing it under Bass's name......make sure you keep a watchful eye on him....if you choose to kick us out of the league, fine....we are prepared for that....otherwise this is over ...good luck....  

-----now this, this is the kicker. you could have done this with no problem and not told me but you have to put it out there? did my apology to Rene come off as that arrogant???
Does rene know you are telling me this?

Stinkin Ref 

Chum

PMEmail

Sent: Tue 08.01.2017, 10:07 
To: _Dagorhir_

take our messages however you want....I just told you what is happening on our end...Bass is there in name only...Renesauz is on board....

we probably all need to check our "attitude"....ya think

you know the thing about those "stalling messages"...I actually feel kind of sorry/pathetic for whoever took the time to put all that together....kind of sad really.....so you sent me messages showing somebody making picks on time....am I supposed to get upset by that?....

where in the rules does it say using all or most of your time is illegal or punishable....?

not wasting our time anymore.....this is over...happy drafting....  

Ref

24 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

this is madness. not sure you should be speaking for all of us.

why not just move on?

this is fine....and I respect your thoughts....I was mostly taking into account the overall sentiment of the people posting in this thread.....and even Rene indicated he was supportive of us walking away as a team if need be.....my thoughts were to not play the game of hiding Clash and to be transparent......they can explain to everybody what happened.....we have offered not to disrupt the league but also stand up for what we thought was an injustice to one of our team members....the ball is now in their court to accept that as a compromise or not....

my apologies to those that disagree and I am sure Rene can salvage this situation should that be the direction that needs to go without me.....again my apologies to those that disagree with the way I handled it...but I don't like bullies and getting punked...

i'm fine with you guys saying Ref went rouge and shouldn't have spoken for us....

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

this is fine....and I respect your thoughts....I was mostly taking into account the overall sentiment of the people posting in this thread.....and even Rene indicated he was supportive of us walking away as a team if need be.....my thoughts were to not play the game of hiding Clash and to be transparent......they can explain to everybody what happened.....we have offered not to disrupt the league but also stand up for what we thought was an injustice to one of our team members....the ball is now in their court to accept that as a compromise or not....

my apologies to those that disagree and I am sure Rene can salvage this situation should that be the direction that needs to go without me.....again my apologies to those that disagree with the way I handled it...but I don't like bullies and getting punked...

i'm fine with you guys saying Ref went rouge and shouldn't have spoken for us....

I don't think you went rouge by any stretch, certainly several people are in agreement with you on all accounts.

Overall though I am with Rud

Things from the top here were handled horribly. They should have let Clash draft as himself since he was in on the DAY of  the draft. A decision to go the route they went is pretty well disgusting to me but not worth throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Since there was apparently a post that Clash was banned weeks ago, I can at least understand the thought process there.

Anyway this is far to much drama for a free fantasy football draft. I made my 2nd round pick and don't have one until the 4th so I am going to work and will have limited access until 6ish then not again till 11 so whatever happens happens.

just seems weird to tell him straight up we are basically ignoring the decision that they voted on. if we are going to quit, let's take a vote and back out of the league if that's what people want. seems like an overreaction to me, but if that's how most people feel so be it.

I don't personally care if clash participates as a silent partner or whatever, but not sure why everything here needs to be so antagonistic. yes, they handled this poorly but we're all grown ups. let's just move on and try to win the title here imo.

• Like 2

I'd prefer to stay in the league...was hoping my suggestion of having Clash still be part of FBG, but not in the spotlight would work for everyone.  .  I also don't think it is a good look for FBG to take our ball and go home, so if we are allowed to stay, I would just suggest we keep it civil.

• Like 2

From the commish only Forum which is awesome that I have access to now.....this is the discussion there between Dag and 625 James.....

_Dagorhir_   PM

SandShark
Sand$: 13.70 Donate

Posted Tue 08.01.2017, 10:26  #1

FootballGuys Still using Clash as BeerNBass...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to one Board's blatant disregard for the collective Board's decisions.
ReneSauz is very busy, very busy and I apologise for him having to deal with this. Rene is also being very cordial about dealing with me and I appreciate that. He is neither cowering or demanding anything just stated FBG's stance.
However Stinking Ref keeps threaten that FGB's will quit and to drive his point even further has told me Clash will be drafting as BassNBrew.
Why tell me that?
Especially after I sent a heartfelt apology to Rene that he posted an excerpt from on the FBG's site and told them he has never had problems with me before?

So he we are.

Clash isn't accepting his suspension and FBG's is threatening to quit via Stinking Ref only(not Rene) and refuses to believe Clash has motives even though Clash has stalled Drafts twice in each other last two years around 8pm EST both times for a total of 4x in the past two years.
Stinking Ref does see it that way even though one of those 4 picks came about 10 minutes before timing out after stalling a draft around 8pm EST the previous night.

I will post more excepts later but have to leave for a bit.

Some one did post that we could open a spot for a Team, not a Board, a Team of 12 guys and that could be the way IF, if, if FBGs leave or some other outcome occurs...
only if we decide that is the way

...all this over Clash's repetitive stalling through out the years and angering many, many participants.

Thoughts please on all of this when you get a chance.
I'm off my soapbox and have an open mind.

Thank you.

http://cowboysbackgrounds.yolasite.com/resources/C.gif

_Dagorhir_   PM

SandShark
Sand$: 13.70 Donate

Posted Tue 08.01.2017, 10:32  #2

Re: FootballGuys Still using Clash as BeerNBass...

--2015---

misses 12 hours by 10 minutes!!!

10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:14 a.m. ET 2014

----2016---

stalls H Draft Twice last year.

7.11    83.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Gordon, Josh CLE WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:29 p.m. ET 2014    -    At some point, you just close your eyes, feel the force, and swing . . .
7.12    84.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

this draft is cruising, yet Clash decides to stall it AGAIN overnight.

9.09    105.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Cooper, Riley PHI WR    Tue Aug 19 7:39:36 p.m. ET 2014    -    
9.10    106.    Chavez (FS 5A)    Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB    Tue Aug 19 7:45:44 p.m. ET 2014    -    
10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB

http://cowboysbackgrounds.yolasite.com/resources/C.gif

625james  PM

Megalodon
Sand$: 46,155.66 Donate

Posted Tue 08.01.2017, 10:46  #3

Re: FootballGuys Still using Clash as BeerNBass...

This offseaaon has been chaotic. We have no record of the vote. This sucks. 

I am at fault for much of this. I am sorry. I was looking for the easy way out. The easy solution. Trying to avoid conflict only to intensify and create more.

What we are missing in all this is that it is not Clash's clock abuse that resulted in his ban although that is the core cause. It was his attitude and taunting towards those wanting the draft to continue. His unsportsmanship is what did it.

The more time I spend on this the more I recall. I am now recalling a ban for 2017 and Rene agreeing not to invite Clash back. The problem is we have lost the proof of the vote.

I have bungled this situation in the worse kind of way. I am sorry! 

CAN we leave things the way they are and move forward as sportsmen and everyone get along and not milk the clock? Can we be kind to One another? Can we draft like champs? Can we be men and move forward? 

CAN we give Clash a chance to be a good sport?

Double or nothing?

Ruds,

I think I ask this every year, but any chance we can get a private board set up for this?  I always laugh to myself when our opponents refer to what we are saying in our "private" conversations...there was one time where a guy actually came in here to tell us we were on the clock.:D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

Ruds,

I think I ask this every year, but any chance we can get a private board set up for this?  I always laugh to myself when our opponents refer to what we are saying in our "private" conversations...there was one time where a guy actually came in here to tell us we were on the clock.:D

I think that might be doable. Let me look into it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

I think that might be doable. Let me look into it.

Thanks, that would be great.

• Like 1

Just swung my first-ever IBL trade ... :headbang:

Tsunami3633 gives 2.11c, 3.4b, 4.11c

Mr. Irrelevant gives 2.03b, 4.03b, 5.10b

+2% for me on Dodds ... plus gets me into another draft which is nice for keeping team FBG's options open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Just swung my first-ever IBL trade ... :headbang:

+2% for me on Dodds ... plus gets me into another draft which is nice for keeping team FBG's options open.

I like that trade a lot...I feel as though the "meat" of the talent in these things are in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Just now, Sweet Love said:

I like that trade a lot...I feel as though the "meat" of the talent in these things are in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Glad to hear I didn't trip on my #### right out of the gate. :D

I 100% agree with you BTW ... actually I was trying to pack the 2.03 and a couple of lower picks off for someone's 3rd/4th/5th rounders but couldn't bring it home. I think we're all going to be surprised at the level of WR talent left on the board around the 3/4 turns when we get there.

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Glad to hear I didn't trip on my #### right out of the gate. :D

I 100% agree with you BTW ... actually I was trying to pack the 2.03 and a couple of lower picks off for someone's 3rd/4th/5th rounders but couldn't bring it home. I think we're all going to be surprised at the level of WR talent left on the board around the 3/4 turns when we get there.

I know the two guys I am targeting at 3.12 and 4.01.....:yes:just not sure they make it....in previous years....WR's flew off the board in this format cause you had to start 3 and you could only start 2 RB's.....no you can start 3 RB's so it helps WR's fall a little bit....can also start 3 TE's....

20 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I know the two guys I am targeting at 3.12 and 4.01.....:yes:just not sure they make it....in previous years....WR's flew off the board in this format cause you had to start 3 and you could only start 2 RB's.....no you can start 3 RB's so it helps WR's fall a little bit....can also start 3 TE's....

Just a heads-up, thanks to my trade I've got both the 3.04 and the 3.10 in B, which is the slowest-moving draft ... so if you get sniped on your guys we can swing an intra to try to pick them up there.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Just a heads-up, thanks to my trade I've got both the 3.04 and the 3.10 in B, which is the slowest-moving draft ... so if you get sniped on your guys we can swing an intra to try to pick them up there.

i noticed that and have you on speed dial