What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (1 Viewer)

for those still drafting and looking for possibly an upside play....its probably time to start giving that Golladay dude a sniff....

Made this trade yesterday evening Cyguy84 gives 5.04H/9.04H/14.09H BassnBrew gives 6.10G/7.03G/13.03G.

When I made the earlier trade for 4.09 my intention was to draft Edelman.  The wisdom of the crowd here convinced me to take Crabtree.  When I noticed Edelman still available at 5.4 I figured I'd make a play.  This is going to be a very top heavy team.

RB - David Johnson

WR - A. Brown, Crabtree, Edelman

Upcoming picks - 7.4, 8.10, 9.3, 9.4, 10.10, 10.12

for those still drafting and looking for possibly an upside play....its probably time to start giving that Golladay dude a sniff....
Was thinking about it until he went in the 10th round in F.  :lmao:

I mean, I'm all for upside, but a rookie #3 going ahead of guys like Tyler Lockett is just stupid.

Made this trade yesterday evening Cyguy84 gives 5.04H/9.04H/14.09H BassnBrew gives 6.10G/7.03G/13.03G.

When I made the earlier trade for 4.09 my intention was to draft Edelman.  The wisdom of the crowd here convinced me to take Crabtree.  When I noticed Edelman still available at 5.4 I figured I'd make a play.  This is going to be a very top heavy team.

RB - David Johnson

you gonna be alright....woodhead/coleman...and some others in play at 7.04

Was thinking about it until he went in the 10th round in F.  :lmao:

I mean, I'm all for upside, but a rookie #3 going ahead of guys like Tyler Lockett is just stupid.
I own Lockett and think he should be able to hold off Richardson for the #2 gig in SEA....Richadson won't make it easy...but still puts him as probably #3 on the pecking order....Golladay could see the field a ton as DET goes 3 wide a bunch....and would any of us be surprised if he blows by Marvin Jones?.....I wouldn't....Stafford may fall in love with this dudes ability to win contested catches which is a huge strength in the college/nfl clips I've seen...

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Lockett and think he should be able to hold off Richardson for the #2 gig in SEA....but still puts him as probably #3 on the pecking order....Golladay could see the field a ton as DET goes 3 wide a bunch....and would any of us be surprised if he blows by Marvin Jones?.....I wouldn't....Stafford may fall in love with this dudes ability to win contested catches which is a huge strength in the college/nfl clips I've seen...
Golladay is getting big time hype here in the D. I'm buying the hype and picking him up anywhere I can get him.

RB - David Johnson

Wow, you came out of that very nice.  I was concerned about your WR3...thus far, your roster looks like you are playing in an 8 team league.

12.10McCowell (HUD 11E)White, Kevin CHI WR12:08:46 p.m.

12.11bigmarc27 (SO 3F) Next Pick

12.12Duckboy (FBG 2B)  

13.01Mr. Irrelevant (FBG 10B)  

13.02Old Milwaukee (FBG 6F)  

somehow we ended up stack together in F.

What are you thinking?

not trying to hijack this thread but just some feedback from you guys....have you ever played in a home league with large rosters (say 20+) where you had to start 2 PK's and or DST's every week.....with bye weeks I feel this could be pulled off in leagues of 12 teams and under....most leagues talk about eliminating these positions but what about making them more important...think it would kind of be cool to see how this would affect a draft and roster management throughout the year....no more cycling through them, you might want to carry 3, etc...greedy you could take a zero at some point, etc....anybody here done this?

not trying to hijack this thread but just some feedback from you guys....have you ever played in a home league with large rosters (say 20+) where you had to start 2 PK's and or DST's every week.....with bye weeks I feel this could be pulled off in leagues of 12 teams and under....most leagues talk about eliminating these positions but what about making them more important...think it would kind of be cool to see how this would affect a draft and roster management throughout the year....no more cycling through them, you might want to carry 3, etc...greedy you could take a zero at some point, etc....anybody here done this?
This is exactly the league I commish. Talk to anarchy about it. He's in it. It's awesome. We do an auction draft. 25 players. Start 2-2-3-2-2-2 with 2 flex, no more than 3 RB, 5WR, 3TEs.

Currently OTC at 6.10 in H. Was hoping for a Sanders/Maclin/Cobb type WR. INstead staring at Jackson/Decker/Mathews/Parker. DOn't have a strong feel about any of them.

Also looking at Ware and West still on the board.

Roeth

Bell, Prosise, Forte, Kamara, Joe Williams

Cooks, Baldwin, Tate, Bryant, Moncrief, DJax, Perriman

Graham, Fleener, Njoku

Crosby

NE DEF
Final roster.  Probably 1-4-1 most weeks until/unless one of the RB/TE takes over.

Took Jackson. Traded my pick in E for slightly high pick in D. WIll need to throw a dart or two at late round RBs.

Don't think I'll get lucky enough for Ware to fall so West or Woodhead if I have the choice?  Should I be considering Perkins, Coleman, or Lacy instead?

I have an offer of ware and 11.1 for 7.4 and 9.3. This copy of ware went at 7.1 but he went early 6th in the sister draft. Other option is to take woodheads old ### or roll the dice with Parker as wr4 and deep dive for rb in the 8-9 rounds

Luck Winston Woodhead Bennett Ertz .....Parker not that much different than anything around him and is he gonna crack your lineup...

We can start 4 wrsWRs
I know....but your wr's are strong and not sure Parker upgrades your flex and helps at other positions in case of say an injury to DJ....Woodhead or another RB gives you some solo RB coverage should DJ get dinged....plus a flex play....

I like Woodhead or another RB here or a QB or TE without knowing your draft picks left....

Bass sends 7.4 H and 11.3 G to Cyguy84 for 7.3 G and 10.09 H

Would someone approve for me at Fantasy Sharks to make it official.

I think this is a decent team...I went a little nuts on WR, but I always feel there is value on the WW for RBs versus WRs.  I am going to start the season with just one QB, and likely will pick up a low-end guy I have in mind for a second TE (can't say due to the "spies") .  Four picks left gives me a K, Def, TE and RB...Only pick I really regret (warming up to the Duke Johnson selection), is John Ross.  I hate fast WRs (lol) in PPR (rather the slot guys).  But I have half my picks in D and half in F...and I will tell you, D has had a ton more value thus far than F (where I got Ross), and I really had no other choice I liked.

10.02 Rivers, Philip LAC QB9:30:12 a.m.

2.02 Freeman, Devonta ATL RB10:49:02 p.m.

8.02 Martin, Doug TBB RB9:13:09 p.m.

1.11 McCoy, LeSean BUF RB6:51:48 p.m.

9.11 Johnson, Duke CLE RB8:31:49 a.m.

4.02 Crabtree, Michael OAK WR8:37:03 p.m.

3.11 Tate, Golden DET WR3:37:38 p.m.

5.11 Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR1:20:01 p.m.

6.02 Marshall, Brandon NYG WR1:30:30 p.m.

11.11 Anderson, Robby NYJ WR11:43:02 a.m.

12.02 Ross, John CIN WR12:35:52 a.m.

14.02 Shepard, Sterling NYG WR12:24:13 a.m.

7.11 Walker, Delanie TEN TE1:55:10 a.m.

Thoughts on 7.3 g?
TE:  Eifert/Delanie

RB: Doug Martin, Coleman...do you have an 8th or 9th?  If you do you may be able to wait to get Duke Johnson/ADP type.  But don't play around too much there.

WR:  Garcon, D-Jax, Maclin...but I would do one of the other positions, personally.

TE:  Eifert/Delanie

RB: Doug Martin, Coleman...do you have an 8th or 9th?  If you do you may be able to wait to get Duke Johnson/ADP type.  But don't play around too much there.

WR:  Garcon, D-Jax, Maclin...but I would do one of the other positions, personally.
8.10, 9.2, and 9.3.

Dodds says Powell by a bunch, then DJax and Ingram.  Guess anderson is in that mix but he'll slide.

Marlin is intriguing with how much Baltimore passes.

8.10, 9.2, and 9.3.

Dodds says Powell by a bunch, then DJax and Ingram.  Guess anderson is in that mix but he'll slide.

Marlin is intriguing with how much Baltimore passes.
So I am hesitant on Powell just because of the neck issue (though he is back).  Maclin may be pretty decent, and as long as he is healthy, you know he is at least a #4 (if not solid 3) with a guy like Flacco.  If they have Mallett though, yikes!

You know how this league is a slave to the Dodd's trade calculator?  It would be hilarious if Dodd's gave us the keys to jack with the algorithm during these drafts.

BassNBrew said:
I have an offer of ware and 11.1 for 7.4 and 9.3. This copy of ware went at 7.1 but he went early 6th in the sister draft. Other option is to take woodheads old ### or roll the dice with Parker as wr4 and deep dive for rb in the 8-9 rounds
I was gonna deep-dive for a RB....it's MUCH easier to pick dart targets at WR

I think this is a decent team...I went a little nuts on WR, but I always feel there is value on the WW for RBs versus WRs.  I am going to start the season with just one QB, and likely will pick up a low-end guy I have in mind for a second TE (can't say due to the "spies") .  Four picks left gives me a K, Def, TE and RB...Only pick I really regret (warming up to the Duke Johnson selection), is John Ross.  I hate fast WRs (lol) in PPR (rather the slot guys).  But I have half my picks in D and half in F...and I will tell you, D has had a ton more value thus far than F (where I got Ross), and I really had no other choice I liked.

10.02 Rivers, Philip LAC QB9:30:12 a.m.

2.02 Freeman, Devonta ATL RB10:49:02 p.m.

8.02 Martin, Doug TBB RB9:13:09 p.m.

1.11 McCoy, LeSean BUF RB6:51:48 p.m.

9.11 Johnson, Duke CLE RB8:31:49 a.m.

4.02 Crabtree, Michael OAK WR8:37:03 p.m.

3.11 Tate, Golden DET WR3:37:38 p.m.

5.11 Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR1:20:01 p.m.

6.02 Marshall, Brandon NYG WR1:30:30 p.m.

11.11 Anderson, Robby NYJ WR11:43:02 a.m.

12.02 Ross, John CIN WR12:35:52 a.m.

14.02 Shepard, Sterling NYG WR12:24:13 a.m.

7.11 Walker, Delanie TEN TE1:55:10 a.m.
Ross as a dart throw in the 12th is nothing to complain about. I like this squad.

Seems like this year is a throwback year...much better going heavy RB early...there's a ton of depth for WR3/4 types, but very little after the first 20 or so RBs

My draft is all but done. My 18th in E has a long pre-draft list of kickers. I have a 15th? coming up in F, and can go BPA, but have no glaring need. WIll probably just take best available QB with a bye different from Matty Ice.

We need, on the team, at least as many 2nd QBs as whatever our most common #1 QB is. Guessing that's Matty, so it makes sense for me to be one of the guys taking a second.

Thoughts on 7.3 g?
Martin, Ingram, Powell gone and you need to be looking RB. Coleman's probably the best by ADP but I'm fading him this year as it's got "chasing points" written all over it.

I know how you feel about Woodhead but he seems like the obvious pick here.

ETA: I don't think Bennett would be a terrible pick for you here, either. He might be available 1/2-1 round later but no guarantees and clearly the top TE left on the board IMO.

Martin, Ingram, Powell gone and you need to be looking RB. Coleman's probably the best by ADP but I'm fading him this year as it's got "chasing points" written all over it.

I know how you feel about Woodhead but he seems like the obvious pick here.
Word head still available almost a round later in the other draft

Users who are viewing this thread