What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (2 Viewers)

FYI

I sent James625 and Lab a PM(via Fantasy Sharks message board) and was added immediately.

Suggest you all do the same.

HOsting site for discussion/organization is FantasySharks. IBL members will need to register there (preferably with the same name!) and then let me know so we can get you invited to the closed forum "IBL". I've discovered that you need to make a few forum posts before you can PM on that site, so you'll want to make a few (3 I think) before you'll have full functionality there.
signed up.

username is 'Rudnicki'

Looks like I've posted a few times but I can't see them nor can I get pm's activated. Can someone drop Lab and 625James a line for me?

Hello guys…… Thanks for all the kind words and the camaraderie… I definitely want to stay in the league and play on the footballguys squad again ....so I would be honored if you would have me……just waiting for the green light from Renesauz 

i would also like 1.10 B or 1.11D in that order .......it would be better for me and a faster drafting strategy if I had pics close together......thanks 
you're green

what are start dates for the drafts this year?
First one kicks off on 7/31 (Monday) at 9:00am.
This. Not 100% certain on follow-ups. Usually it's a week between starts. For the new guys: that means drafts A, B, and C starting 7/31, D, E, and F starting 8/7, and g and H starting 8/14...I'll have to verify those though. You can trade between drafts freely with other boards. Drafts within a board (to other FBGs) have to be pre-approved by a commish from another board. The general rule of thumb is that they have to be (at least) within 5% on the trade dominator here at FBG's. THat's a rule of thumb and not iron clad because the dominator app starts to fall apart in later rounds. ON rare occasions an obvious 1 or 2% deal will be suggested where folks have asked for a complex 5% deal.

IE; deals within the team must be as close as reasonably achievable, the idea is to NOT stack individual teams. We compete as a team in general, but each person is responsible for drafting and taking care of their own squad, and individual "Titles" are awarded at year's end.

ANYONE ELSE WITH DRAFT SLOT REQUESTS?  Ill be posting assignments tonight or early tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take something in one of the early drafts please (A, B, or C). No real preference on draft slot but probably lean towards a middle or early spot.

Do we have a list of who from FBG is in?  I can't help out much from an admin side (these are my two busiest work months), but I can at the least PM everyone, get names, email and cell numbers (if people are willing), and PM everyone the list so that we can take some of the "poking people" burden off Rene's (or the GM's/lead's) plate.

Gringo

BroncoFrek_2k3)

ReneSauz

Rudnicki

Ruffrodys

Duckboy

Old Milwaukee

Stinkin Ref

Clash of the Titans

Mr. Irrelevant

Sweet Love

By The Sea Wannabe

Gringo

BroncoFrek_2k3)

ReneSauz

Rudnicki

Ruffrodys

Duckboy

Old Milwaukee

Stinkin Ref

Clash of the Titans

Mr. Irrelevant

Sweet Love

By The Sea Wannabe
Awesome.  Please PM me your name, email, and phone # if you are comfortable with that (I work in HR, so my ethics are beyond reproach).  If you really feel comfortable, send me your SS#, DOB, address, mother's maiden name...

I'll put together a list and PM the group the consolidated info...we have not really done this in the past (I know the other boards do), and it makes it tough to propose trades and find people without it.

I have registered at sharks- just need an invite to the IBL forum
I registered back on Monday but wasn't able to send PMs as OM recommended and didn't have time to make multiple board posts to qualify myself. Fortunately I think someone from team FBG must have sent our names to the mods as a group b/c I'm now showing up on the IBL member list. Thanks to @OldMilwaukee or whomever took care of this for me!

You should check whether you're there as well - not sure if there's an easier way to do it but I went to the IBL forum, clicked Lab's profile, selected IBL from the Groups tab and it took me to a complete member list.

@renesauz - as far as draft slot, I'm OK with anything but I'm not sure how long the later drafts go on and I'll be completely out of pocket (international travel) after 8/24. 

I haven't seen anyone request 1.01E and would be thrilled with that since it takes all early decision-making away from the noob.  :)

Ive been checking in on the IBL Board.  Do I need to continue to check in here too?  Just wondering communication logistics. thanks

Mr. Irrelevant said:
@renesauz - as far as draft slot, I'm OK with anything but I'm not sure how long the later drafts go on and I'll be completely out of pocket (international travel) after 8/24. 

I haven't seen anyone request 1.01E and would be thrilled with that since it takes all early decision-making away from the noob.  :)
e ended 8/25 last year f ended 8/26 but if you trade back into g/h they didn't end until sept. 1

Mr. Irrelevant said:

OK...I'll put you in a middle instead of late draft like I usually do with newbies. ONce you figure out how the league works, you might consider trading out of your later E picks into A/B/C drafts to finish up before you leave. ALternatively, we can make your last few picks for you if necessary.

Ive been checking in on the IBL Board.  Do I need to continue to check in here too?  Just wondering communication logistics. thanks
We'll use this thread for our own discussions. All trades will need to be posted at Sharks. It's not all that complex really. All 96 members will be listed in all 8 drafts on MFL, but only 12 people are assigned to that draft as a "home". You can trade 2 of your picks in B draft, for example, for 2 picks in H draft, and then own picks in both drafts. I've managed to make picks in 7 or 8 different drafts in one year. Then, the rosters from all 8 drafts will be imported into a single league, which just happens to have 8 copies of every player. You'll play 5 or 6 games every week.

When you make a trade with a person from another board, one of you has to post the details of that trade into a specific thread at SHarks: Fpr example: Renesauz trades 4.2A and 6.9E to Lab for 4.8B and 5.6B. Then Lab must post in the same thread something along the lines of "I Concur with Rene trade". THEN you can process the trades in the various leagues (A, B and E in this case) the same way you would in any other (simpler) league...it's just three different "offers" going out on MFL instead of one. THat's why PMs are essential...you wanna be able to communicate privately, or carry on multiple conversations with multiple people.

TRading within the team (to another FBG) is essentially the same, except that it requires approval from any non-FBG commissioner. Each board has at least one, and a few will have two. THose types of trades MUST be as close to even as reasonably achievable, and generally within 5% on the FBG trade calculator. If it involves picks from earlier than the 12th round, you aren't likely to get approval at anything more than 5% value difference. Even past the 12th round, anything over 5% is going to get questioned. These trades have their own thread.

You guys will pick this up quickly...it's easier than it sounds, but I usually put new players in later drafts to give you a little while to feel it out and get a handle on it.

Assignments:

5A: BTSW

12A: StinkinRef

2B: Duckboy

10B: ClashoftheTitans

7C: Rudnicki

4D: Broncofreak

11D: Sweet Love

1E: Ruffrodys

9E: Renesauz

6F: Old Milwaukee

3G: Mr Irrelevant

8H: Gringoloco

I've tried to post several times including 2 to 625james to have me added to IBL forum but they aren't showing up...I can't PM anyone either.....have draft tomorrow 

thanks guys 

So the first trade went down between two teams from the same League (SweetnessU).  Can someone experienced explain the strategy here?  I'm trying to still wrap my head around the trade aspect of this draft/league.

Thanks

Okay, since I didn't hear anything about swapping draft slots I went ahead and logged into all 8 draft sites and the main site. Ready to roll. Good luck Team FBG!!! Let's do this!!!

Mr Irrelevant wants to swap to a middle draft...if any middle drafters wanna go late, maybe do an intra-board to swap entire drafts?

Also, I'll be heading out of town early tomorrow morning on vacation. I'll have access sporadically, but this won't a priority...hafta figure out how to get along with a nasty sister and about 30 little nieces and nephews.

Obviously Drafts A, B & C are starting today (Monday, July 31.) When do the other drafts start? Couldn't find it on the IBL board. Asked there also but, maybe you know Rene.

Users who are viewing this thread