What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (2 Viewers)

Man, I bow out this year and everything goes to hell in a hand basket, eh?   :lmao:

So my question is -- why have such a long clock then?  Make it 4 hours... 6 hours...?  I get what they are saying that if most everyone took the full 12 hours it would take like 3 months to complete each draft.  However, it's not like Clash took his sweet ol' time EVERY SINGLE PICK.  It was... twice each year?  Oh geez... you guys know me, if I got dinged for that in drafts, you'd NEVER let me draft with you!   :P   I'm sure if you looked back at my previous IBL drafts I've used the full, or close to the full 12 hours a few times!  #### happens.  Real life happens sometimes, sorry!  Hell, I can guaran-damn-tee that if we REALLY wanted to, we could dissect every person's draft and find 2, 3, 4+ others that pushed the envelope over the years.  Also, they are really going to ding Clash for not picking overnight?!   :shock:

Could they not have just put Clash on double secret probation or something and just moved on instead of creating a high school drama over it?

Damn sorry guys wish I had known u like the third so much, I would have traded it to one of you. I think the talent in the 5th is pretty equal to the third so I traded out.

I'll just reiterate my stance again so everyone knows where that is:

I prefer to stay this year and just play it out and see what kind of drama unfolds with these drafts. We can (and should) be adults about it. Take notes of clock abuses (we can discuss later...) Draft our teams. Play out the season and try to win this whole thing as a team. Maybe even win the individual title too. When the season is over, take a break. Get together a little earlier next year and reconsider our options. Vote on staying or leaving in 2018.

As much as I am disappointed with how this all went down.....from the IBL commissioners failure to handle this appropriately to whatever other issues Clash had with other members.....WE ARE REPRESENTATIVES of footballguys.com and should all strive to act respectfully and honorably to all other teams and members of this elite league. I am proud to represent FBG and will strive to present myself respectfully and honorably to all others in the league.

Rody

Man, I bow out this year and everything goes to hell in a hand basket, eh?   :lmao:

So my question is -- why have such a long clock then?  Make it 4 hours... 6 hours...?  I get what they are saying that if most everyone took the full 12 hours it would take like 3 months to complete each draft.  However, it's not like Clash took his sweet ol' time EVERY SINGLE PICK.  It was... twice each year?  Oh geez... you guys know me, if I got dinged for that in drafts, you'd NEVER let me draft with you!   :P   I'm sure if you looked back at my previous IBL drafts I've used the full, or close to the full 12 hours a few times!  #### happens.  Real life happens sometimes, sorry!  Hell, I can guaran-damn-tee that if we REALLY wanted to, we could dissect every person's draft and find 2, 3, 4+ others that pushed the envelope over the years.  Also, they are really going to ding Clash for not picking overnight?!   :shock:

Could they not have just put Clash on double secret probation or something and just moved on instead of creating a high school drama over it?
I believe at one time the clock used be shorter and off at night....pretty much like we do here in all our drafts....I think the issue at IBL is that it is a global leage covering like 6 time zones so a strict "off at 12am est to 8am est" doesn't work for everybody....and they thought just a straight 12 hour clock covers all bases....

I agree with everything you said....

@Duckboy - you interested in pairing Bell with Cooks or Baldwin? If I get sniped on Murray this next pick they'll both be on the board for you with my 2.11C if you want to do a lateral swap.

ETA - never mind! Got my guy  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gonna leave this here before I kick off for the night. PM me (here, not on FS) if anyone needs to talk an intra.

1.10B - Jordy Nelson, WR GB
2.11C - DeMarco Murray, RB TEN
3.04B (28), 3.10B (34), 4.11C (47) 
6.03B (63), 7.10B (82), 8.03B (87), 9.10B (106)
10.03B (111), 11.10B (130), 12.03B (135)
13.10B (154), 14.03B (159), 15.10B (178)
16.03B (183), 17.10B (202), 18.03B (207)

There is a dude getting piled on in draft C....the clock po po is out....this Stewburt guy (think he is a commish) and lambert both from FFT are going at this new guy....said they wanted to boot him in first round

Can someone from team FBG check their Sharks PMs and let me know if you see one from me in your inbox? I've been sending PMs but everything I've "submitted" has gone to my Outbox instead of to "Sent Messages" and I have no idea whether anyone's receiving them. TIA ...
Ive gotten them I think.

Just catching up now. THis is a tough week for kickoff for me this year, and simply don't have the freedom I normally would have.

just seems weird to tell him straight up we are basically ignoring the decision that they voted on. if we are going to quit, let's take a vote and back out of the league if that's what people want. seems like an overreaction to me, but if that's how most people feel so be it.

I don't personally care if clash participates as a silent partner or whatever, but not sure why everything here needs to be so antagonistic. yes, they handled this poorly but we're all grown ups. let's just move on and try to win the title here imo.
This is well said, and is where I'm at as well. Dag knows how I felt, and how upset I was/am about it, but he did make what seemed like a sincere apology for the way it was handled (the timing and missing my earlier attempt to get resolution...not the decision itself.)

Ref went a bit further than I like here, but I get it.

This has been one of my favorite leagues year in and year out...I'd hate for us to be the cause of it crashing. If 5 or 6 guys wish to withdraw as a team, that's what we will do. If not, then we go forward...as a team. Clash is welcome to provide input in general on all of our drafts, and even to make strong suggestions on the "Bass" draft/team, but in the end that team will be all of our responsibility...it will not remotely approach a timeout. Perhaps Clash/Bass can predraft for most picks and avoid trades with that squad. IN this way, we all take the punishment...but there's no use in further antagonizing Dag over it. I don't have hard feelings over his decision...I understand it even if I don't like/agree with it. My issues are with timing and lack of (earlier) communication, and I've accepted his apology for that.

UNless I get 5 or 6 people asking for us to drop out as a team, this is what we're going to do: take it as a team punishment. I don't care who makes the picks, but trades with that team will not be made while already OTC unless immediate (as in parameters already agreed to and within an hour or so of being OTC) I'd suggest liberally using the predraft function on THAT squad liberally. I want to move on from this and get back to the business of trying to win another title.

Philosophical question here: How much does the team format in the IBL impact the need for roster depth?

Normally in a 12-man league with only 9 starters I'd draft for more of a stars-and-scrubs approach - you don't want to be the guy with a roster of 4 RB2's and five WR3's - but having a slightly above-average team here isn't bad, right?

Also do we want to be drafting depth in order to cover each other for injuries, changes in pecking order etc. prior to week 1? I think I remember seeing that there's no intra-board trading allowed after that point ... but then again there'll be 8 copies of each week's new WW darling available ...

To use an example, would offering something like a mid-3rd/11th/12th for a 6th/7th/8th make sense? I'd never make that trade in a regular snake draft even if it's +Dodds, but would it be beneficial here?

Philosophical question here: How much does the team format in the IBL impact the need for roster depth?

Normally in a 12-man league with only 9 starters I'd draft for more of a stars-and-scrubs approach - you don't want to be the guy with a roster of 4 RB2's and five WR3's - but having a slightly above-average team here isn't bad, right?

Also do we want to be drafting depth in order to cover each other for injuries, changes in pecking order etc. prior to week 1? I think I remember seeing that there's no intra-board trading allowed after that point ... but then again there'll be 8 copies of each week's new WW darling available ...

To use an example, would offering something like a mid-3rd/11th/12th for a 6th/7th/8th make sense? I'd never make that trade in a regular snake draft even if it's +Dodds, but would it be beneficial here?
You'll see a team or two stud up to have 2-3 firsts and then hope to hit on a ww to fill out the last spots.

If you pay attention to the ww you can easily fix some holes during the season.  Bench talent is a waste IMO.

Also QBs tend to go later in the later drafts.  There's always QB1s on the wire during the season and this format favors running QBs.  Last year there was 2.25 difference between QB7 and QB20 (ppg basis).  

You'll see a team or two stud up to have 2-3 firsts and then hope to hit on a ww to fill out the last spots.

If you pay attention to the ww you can easily fix some holes during the season.  Bench talent is a waste IMO.

Also QBs tend to go later in the later drafts.  There's always QB1s on the wire during the season and this format favors running QBs.  Last year there was 2.25 difference between QB7 and QB20 (ppg basis).  

renesauz said:
This is well said, and is where I'm at as well. Dag knows how I felt, and how upset I was/am about it, but he did make what seemed like a sincere apology for the way it was handled (the timing and missing my earlier attempt to get resolution...not the decision itself.)

This has been one of my favorite leagues year in and year out...I'd hate for us to be the cause of it crashing. If 5 or 6 guys wish to withdraw as a team, that's what we will do. If not, then we go forward...as a team. Clash is welcome to provide input in general on all of our drafts, and even to make strong suggestions on the "Bass" draft/team, but in the end that team will be all of our responsibility...it will not remotely approach a timeout. Perhaps Clash/Bass can predraft for most picks and avoid trades with that squad. IN this way, we all take the punishment...but there's no use in further antagonizing Dag over it. I don't have hard feelings over his decision...I understand it even if I don't like/agree with it. My issues are with timing and lack of (earlier) communication, and I've accepted his apology for that.

UNless I get 5 or 6 people asking for us to drop out as a team, this is what we're going to do: take it as a team punishment. I don't care who makes the picks, but trades with that team will not be made while already OTC unless immediate (as in parameters already agreed to and within an hour or so of being OTC) I'd suggest liberally using the predraft function on THAT squad liberally. I want to move on from this and get back to the business of trying to win another title.
as the passion for defending Clash seems to be fading from where it once was and we are going to basically roll over and accept the outcome (its great that he apologized, but it doesn't change anything from where we were), I will apologize for speaking for everybody and fighting the fight in a way I felt necessary and supported by at the time (by some)...during the brief time I have had access to the commish side of things I got a feel for how this kind of stuff shakes down and how the hierarchy operates behind the ivory towers...and for that I want to say thank you to Renesauz because there actually is a lot of middle school drama that goes on behind those ivory towers and unfortunately it feels like there is now someone at the top who likes to swim in that type of drama filled pool and enjoys the bullying power ability that comes along with it (IMO)...it's really easy to see how someone can be brought up and then is marked and it snowballs....I know Renesauz will defend Dag and the guys in there because I am sure a good portion of them are top notch fellas...but it only takes one to be a little too fired up and there is some power play that goes on....and to be honest we should all be extremely grateful for the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes....putting this thing together is a ton of work....but anyway, I apologize for kind of taking the keys to the car and running it into a light pole...by personality and in real life I have a weakness in trying to correct injustice... and I too got a little too fired up on occasion...I was called classless, no big deal, I felt I was doing a fairly respectable job defending Clash and our board and I expect to hear things like that when you actually fight back a little and stand up for something....eventually the bully starts seeing that you are taking a stand and trying to hold your ground so they resort to another tactic....I felt being transparent with the Clash/Bass thing was a good final way to get the point across and make them make a decision...if nothing else it got their attention and they created a whole thread about it....now before they make up some unwritten rule, hold some secret vote, and dish out some type of consequence they may make sure it is justified and handled appropriately from the get go....again sorry guys...for me this is over now...

except....

the bolded above....

I think this attitude/approach is completely unnecessary....we don't need to act like a little kid who is trouble and walk around on eggshells and kiss anybody's ###....at this point, that draft spot is not on probation or something....it is Bass's team or our collective team however you want to label it....I feel we treat it just like any other FBG team....are we going to tuck tail and go hide in the closet cause "oh my god we might make them mad again if we use some of the clock".....?....seriously...?

anyway...have done my best to put out a massive effort in these leagues even when my/our my team wasn't the best....and I never gave up cause I feel a sense of pride in representing FBG...and its kind of fun to win this thing so let's give it a go...again my apologies.... :banned:

eta: I know Dag reads this stuff....I really don't care....what up Dag... :bye: ....but for those reasons I also do support an IBL only thread.....

1. do not take a backup QB....always plenty on the WW, it's amazing the level of QB's that end up on the WW after the bye weeks start and people need to drop that second or third QB they drafted to fix a hole somewhere....this is by far the biggest mistake I see teams make...do not take a second QB...instead use that pick on a guy that is in prime position to have a significant role should something happen (ie: Rawls/Lacy....Hunt/Ware) or just a flyer you are high on....you can wait on QB and there is definitely no reason just to add one in the later rounds cause you think you see a big name on the board....avoid that temptation and take a flyer on somebody else....that QB you are staring at as your second will be on the WW....

2. you need studs (obvious) or yes the "above average team"....I suck at trades but I have a theory....IMO I am willing to take a beating on trades in the back half of the draft if I am able to secure bumps in the top half to secure a solid starting lineup....filling in those last few (non PK/DST) starter spots in rounds 5-7 or so is pretty huge...I'm willing to take a beating in rounds 9+ if I can maneuver around in 5-7 to fill out the staring lineup....depth is somewhat overrated, if you are active during the season it is pretty amazing how quickly you will cycle through almost all of the depth you "thought" was awesome at the time...this kind of answers your question from my view about the trade scenario you proposed above...

don't really need to worry about covering each other for injuries prior to week 1....it is sometimes helpful for somebody to grab an extra PK in case injury/cut hits there before week 1....but that's about it....

I will post a concise but short opinion on everything tonight when I get some time .....I really do appreciate your passion and  you going the extra mile to have me " reinstated " Ref.......let me know if anyone needs any help today 

2. you need studs (obvious) or yes the "above average team"....I suck at trades but I have a theory....IMO I am willing to take a beating on trades in the back half of the draft if I am able to secure bumps in the top half to secure a solid starting lineup....filling in those last few (non PK/DST) starter spots in rounds 5-7 or so is pretty huge...I'm willing to take a beating in rounds 9+ if I can maneuver around in 5-7 to fill out the staring lineup....depth is somewhat overrated, if you are active during the season it is pretty amazing how quickly you will cycle through almost all of the depth you "thought" was awesome at the time...this kind of answers your question from my view about the trade scenario you proposed above...
Thanks for all the input. The reason I ask is there seem to be a lot of FS / chat room posts with guys willing to offer 6ths and 7ths to trade up into the 3rd/4th and taking what appears to be a beating on Dodds value ...

Seeing as how these guys have probably been in the league for years I figure there's a method to their madness ... and either (a) they've got a well-oiled machine of a team that's planning to huddle up near the end of the draft and fill everyone's roster gaps or (b) the winning strategy is very stars-and-scrubs in which case Dodds is less valuable than it looks.

I realize being in an early draft the burden's kinda on me to maximize the value of my draft slot, and it seems based on what you're saying that trading down to pick up these multiple picks might be a good way to do it ... but obviously I don't want to do it if it's the wrong strategy for the league ... further thoughts appreciated here.

TBH we really don't trade among teammates very much....it's not very common and really hard to do...it is not how you will fill out your roster....boards don't get their owners together at the end and just have a free for all moving guys around....all of those things have to pass the Dodd's calc as well.....you need to assume you will NOT be trading with any of us....it can happen, just not real common after the draft....while the draft is going on, more of that can happen....if I take Brady at 3.12 and then you are up and 3.10 and want Brady....we can probably make that work pretty easily...but after the draft things get crazy cause they factor in Dodds but also where Brady went in other drafts, etc.....this really tries to discourage trading between teams from the same board in many ways....which I am cool with cause it helps take collusion out of the mix....there will be a few opportunities like Bass mentioned where we can take advantage of a guy falling in a draft that somebody else is really high on, and we can work together to make that work....its why its great to keep an eye on all drafts...

@Ruffrodys05, @BroncoFreak_2K3 - who are your targets for the 2.12/3.1 and 3.4 respectively? If they're still on the board in B let's try to work an intra to get you your guy as I'd like to move out.

(I was planning to post this regardless but it's especially funny coming the very next post after Ref saying we don't do this very much.)

no idea yet...perhaps Baldwin, DT, AR15, but really not sure at this point. I've put together a cheatsheet but no one really stands out at that position for me right now as a must have. Probably see how the flow of the draft goes.

No worries ... turns out it didn't matter ...

Mr. I (FBG 10B) trades 3.04B, 7.10B

Crawdad (ZEAL 7G) trades 3.07G, 6.06G
+7% on Dodds ...  :lol:  Bass wasn't kidding in last year's thread, "in drafts A B and C, people just throw value at you." 

No worries ... turns out it didn't matter ...

+7% on Dodds ...  :lol:  Bass wasn't kidding in last year's thread, "in drafts A B and C, people just throw value at you." 
Why would a person make that kinda trade....ooooffff..nice get Mr I  :thumbup:

Im really liking your team so far Ref.  :thumbup:

Duckboy and Ruds doing really well so far also.  I really like our team's picks so far.
Freeman, Thomas, Pryor and (the obligatory) Hill is a heck of a good start from the 12-hole.

I guess the main page rosters are getting updated manually and not through an automatic feed? I don't see Ref's latest 2 picks on there and I'm still listed under Clash's name ...

thanks boys...that was the plan going in....thought I had a shot at getting those two guys I am high on at that turn..

also feel should just remind everybody that they finally changed the starting lineup requirements this year and they haven't updated it in the "additional rules" section where all the rules are listed in paragraph form....(it is updated above that in the starting lineup requirements)....but if somebody is just reading the paragraph section it still reflects the old lineup possibilities..

this year you can start:

1-3 RB's

2-4 WR's

1-3 TE's

this year you can start:

1-3 RB's

2-4 WR's

1-3 TE's
Well, that's good 'cause now I have one of each. Because after trading out of 3.04, I traded back up into 3.05 because, I dunno, I was bored at work or something.  :sleep:

1.10B - Jordy Nelson
2.11C - DeMarco Murray
3.05B - Travis Kelce
3.07G (31)
4.11C (47)
6.06G (66)
7.03C (75)
8.03B (87)
9.10B (106)
10.03B (111)
11.10B (130)
12.10C (142)
13.10B (154)
14.03B (159)
15.10B (178)
16.03B (183)
17.10B (202)
18.03B (207)

ETA: Team FBG with a 2/3 ownership share of the Kelces so far.  :thumbup:

Well, that's good 'cause now I have one of each. Because after trading out of 3.04, I traded back up into 3.05 because, I dunno, I was bored at work or something.  :sleep:

1.10B - Jordy Nelson
2.11C - DeMarco Murray
3.05B - Travis Kelce
3.07G (31)
4.11C (47)
6.06G (66)
7.03C (75)
8.03B (87)
9.10B (106)
10.03B (111)
11.10B (130)
12.10C (142)
13.10B (154)
14.03B (159)
15.10B (178)
16.03B (183)
17.10B (202)
18.03B (207)

ETA: Team FBG with a 2/3 ownership share of the Kelces so far.  :thumbup:
if I had kept my 3rd, kelce likely would have been owned by fbg 3/3 as much as i detest taking a te early

I've always taken a slightly different tact in these, doing a ton of trading back in the early rounds to pick up value. I tend to field above average players at every position and have 2 or 3 more players who could/should be starters. I generally have no uber-studs. That is NOT the way to win an individual title, but it's a good way to ensure that I finish in the top half every year, and it's a net positive to the team as a whole.

I agree with most of the other ideas....no reason to carry backups at QB, PK, or DST...use most of those late picks at players with  a chance to explode given the right circumstances. If I'm not mistaken though...there's no waiver run before the first week, so we should have at least one or two people take a second QB in the 18th that can be traded if someone's starter gets hurt. ONE person should probably take an extra PK too, although obviously not as important

I have thought about this the past couple of days I will make this as short and sweet as possible as I am ready to put it behind me

1- I should have been notified as soon as the season was over for 2016 if I was going to be suspended… I wasted a lot of my personal time preparing for this league that I would like to have back......that's life I can't get back.....if you'll remember I was the first person to post a topic about the football guys team returning to the IBL into set 2017

2-the fact that I am suspended for a rule that was never created based on proof that doesn't exist is absolute bush league  ........  The suspension would never hold up in a court of law or arbitration… It is purely abuse of power by the new commissioner for a personal vendetta over what reason I do not know.....I've never had any run in with him before.....I literally think FFTODAY and jscott and remote controller are behind this push 

3- if you read the IBL list of players on Fantasysharks.com…… You will see I was listed under the footballguys team on Thursday, July 20.....Dagorhir even posted    under our team listing in the same thread

With all his details of my drafts the last two years when I actually used time ....there's no question that he saw that I was listed on the team..... so he decides to send me a message about 7 AM the morning of the draft and tell me that I am not eligible to play ??

I may have been born at night… But it wasn't last night....this guy clearly wanted to sabotage this team by doing this on the day of the draft and throwing our drafts into turmoil and chaos......furthermore… After being backed into a corner by stinkin ref…… He then said that I was actually suspended because of poor sportsmanship and " taunting " other teams… Again this is just another bold faced lie......in my opinion... he's showed the poorest sportsmanship of all by suspending me for breaking no clear written rule and then doing this to our team on the day of the draft….i personally I think he's lost all credibility and should step down as the head honcho.....

4- .........i've talked to bass today and he said either he would draft the team himself....or have me do it.......it was up to Renesauz 

The simple way around this is to simply create another name… as far as I'm an concerned The moniker " Clash  of the Titans " was banned......not me personally since I haven't had anyone say my real name was brought up in any of this ban conversation........so technically if we introduce a new name to the football guys list…… Then we are following the ban of Clash of the Titans.....had I just registered under the IBL  with another name..... none of this time we have wasted this week on this topic would've occurred…… I really started to do it I just didn't want it to look like I was trying to create more "controversy"

well I've said my piece… And I thought it would be short LOL but it wasn't....I will leave it up to you Renée to decide about 3G

i appreciate everyone's passion in defending me and I will be glad to help out this season in any way necessary 

It's a bad decision that was handled terribly. I assume the fact they lost their old message board contributed to the chaos. 

Whole thing is bizarre to me. My only advice is that it's not worth the aggravation. The league should be fun and the clock nazis tend to hurt the enjoyment as much as they think they are helping things. 

just to reiterate....the big dog/new head guy Dag visits this thread and has seen everything we have written (hi Dag) and he has posted it in the commish forum at Fantasy Sharks...

obviously out of everything he got hung up on the few times people jokingly talked about using the whole clock with every pick....I know we never had a common theme of "let's stall the drafts"....but that is how he is choosing to present us to the rest of the commisioners...that's what we are dealing with here...obviously something we would never had done no matter how this shook out....monitoring that would have been more work then just picking.....

so for the record WE ARE ALL BEING 'WATCHED".....

but anyway...another reason to have our own IBL forum....as those guys are in here like hawks....and I suggest we keep our plans/picks/targets/strategies private until we get our own forum....

_Dagorhir_  PM

SandShark
Sand$: 13.70 Donate

Posted Wed 08.02.2017, 15:05  #21

Re: FootballGuys Still using Clash as BeerNBass...

ReneSauz wrote:Just to be clear, I've been mostly out of pocket for the last week, and will continue to be for the next week...it's part of why I posted to DAG last Saturday (Friday?) that it was too late. Also, I absolutely DID try to bring it up here a week before I placed him on our team in hopes of getting clarification and discussion. I do know I stated last year that we would abide by any decision that was made...but honestly wasn't sure if y'all actually made that decision or just talked about it (after all...we talked about changing lineup rules for three friggin years before we actually did IT!)

Anyway, I had stated at FBG that CLash was welcome to remain in a support role, advise and suggest even if not responsible for a specific team/draft. It was never my intent for him to continue in all regards under another name. Perhaps I should have realized that was the "solution" adopted but I didn't.

I've posted at FBG that we need to accept the punishment as a team. I stated that I really don't give a darn who is pushing the button on the picks, but we are all responsible. That team (the "BAss" team) will make no trades while OTC except for those where details were worked out beforehand (Conditional deals dependent on specific player available). I expect the majority of that team's picks to be pre-picks. And I'll be able to watch it at least a little closer starting next week.

There has been one response to Rene's next post at FGB's and its Ref's. 
I like Rene's Plan of Action and I can understand Ref's disappointment in my actions, heck so am I, I let it go too long before notifying FBG's about Clash, 2 days isn't a lot of time to get another player.
Ref and I can hate each other over the internet and thats fine as we both were defending what each of us felt was right.

I just want to point out that as Commish I am here to enforce what the Boards vote for, thats the only thing I am trying to do in this instance.

So here is Rene's Plan at FBGs and please note the ******.

"This is well said, and is where I'm at as well. Dag knows how I felt, and how upset I was/am about it, but he did make what seemed like a sincere apology for the way it was handled (the timing and missing my earlier attempt to get resolution...not the decision itself.)

This has been one of my favorite leagues year in and year out...I'd hate for us to be the cause of it crashing. If 5 or 6 guys wish to withdraw as a team, that's what we will do. If not, then we go forward...as a team. Clash is welcome to provide input in general on all of our drafts, and even to make strong suggestions on the "Bass" draft/team, but in the end that team will be all of our responsibility...*****it will not remotely approach a timeout. Perhaps Clash/Bass can predraft for most picks and avoid trades with that squad. IN this way, we all take the punishment...***but there's no use in further antagonizing Dag over it. I don't have hard feelings over his decision...I understand it even if I don't like/agree with it. My issues are with timing and lack of (earlier) communication, and I've accepted his apology for that."

End Quote

Needless to say in my hour of reading their thread at theirs I came across the "let's stall drafts etc, etc..." so we'll have to keep an eye on them just because...

I hopefully deleted what I should have.

I'd like to close this matter and follow Rene's recommendations above.
Thanks to Rene for working on this with me and thanks to those of you I also contacted in this matter, yes, even Stinking Ref.

remote control  PM

Chum
Sand$: 10.00 Donate

Posted Wed 08.02.2017, 15:27  #22

He's had years to not be a jack off, and he has refused. I left FFT over him being a team member there. He talked of the games he was playing back then. I support the ban too, and leaving him involved in any way shape or form is not right.

edited to say I read the last post and stand with the Commish.

Stewburtx8  PM

Chum
Sand$: 10.00 Donate

Posted Wed 08.02.2017, 18:19  #23

We can ban him from the league (not let him own a team) but we can't stop Football Guys from using him as an adviser. So I think what they said makes sense. As long as there are not any disruptions (especially with that "Bass" team), I have no issue with it.

Hey, for the new guys, if you ever needed a reason to wait on QB, look at the team madmanmax54.  He took Rodgers at 1.11, and he ended up going at 3.11 in B.  It is a shame, because he has the workings of a good team, but basically traded a 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick.  He could of had Michael Thomas or Freeman (if not for Rodgers), Gordon, McCaffrey and D. Adams.  I also pick at the 11th spot, and would be thrilled to have a team like that.  As Bass will tell you, "Just wait" on the QB.

Hey, for the new guys, if you ever needed a reason to wait on QB, look at the team madmanmax54.  He took Rodgers at 1.11, and he ended up going at 3.11 in B.  It is a shame, because he has the workings of a good team, but basically traded a 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick.  He could of had Michael Thomas or Freeman (if not for Rodgers), Gordon, McCaffrey and D. Adams.  I also pick at the 11th spot, and would be thrilled to have a team like that.  As Bass will tell you, "Just wait" on the QB.

yea, Im not targeting QBS early at all.  Been following all the draft prety closely, actually been keeping a tally of all 3 drafts running so far, for my own info and to gauge where players are going better.

Mr. Irrelevant (FBG 10B) sends 6.06g, 15.10b, 16.03b

Wh0urdady (Sleeper 10C) sends 8.07f, 9.06f, 10.03c

Not a humblebrag, a serious question: Are people in this draft always this insane or did I just find a couple good fishing holes my first trip out?

Not a humblebrag, a serious question: Are people in this draft always this insane or did I just find a couple good fishing holes my first trip out?
Always this way.  Now you need to hit up one of those guys wanting to move an OTC pick for 0 percent Dodds and use the gain to strengthen your team.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
yea, Im not targeting QBS early at all.  Been following all the draft prety closely, actually been keeping a tally of all 3 drafts running so far, for my own info and to gauge where players are going better.
Another thing we could do if we could get everyone's e-mails in one place is create a SS in Google Docs and make it private to just the 12 of us. Because I'm doing the same thing you are and I'm sure we're duplicating a lot of effort  ....

Users who are viewing this thread