Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I installed Classic DD version 18c and opened my DD file from last year and saved as a new version.  Then I attempt to Clear Teams.  It starts to do it and clears some people, but then stops.  I am unable to clear the rest of my teams.  There are still 92 players on teams out of the original 180.  

Could this be related to a team having a player that is no longer in the league and therefore not in the new player database?  If so, how can I find the player that is causing this issue?

Did your league have Keepers? They have to be cleared manually from the Keeper List. If the league didn't have Keepers, check that anyway. You may have accidentally put some players in there. If that doesn't clear everybody, I don't know what else it could be. Send an email to Bruce Henderson. He's very good at responding to problems. 

With Classic it's not hard at all to reset your league settings/variables so if still having issues just start a new league and go from there.

As a follow up here is what I heard back from Bruce.  It turns out I already do save pre-draft versions every year, so I opened that and everything was fine.  I cannot say whether the text editor solution works, but I trust Bruce that it would.

Open your league file with a text editor like notepad, and remove all the lines with player names on them.  Save it, then open it in the DD.

One trick is to save your league before your draft starts, then save it with another name after your draft.  Usually I append _Done to the name.  That way you will have a clean file for next year.

Thanks,

Bruce

Save it DURING the Draft too. In the past, DD has locked up during a draft and I had to re-enter all the picks. If you save periodically, you will go back to that point, rather than to the beginning of the draft when you restart DD.

RR