What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Anarchy League 2 Thread - The Inspector Clouseau League (2 Viewers)

Gronk is obviously high risk/high reward.  I took him first pick last year and it didn't work out.  Was able to finish 5th.  At the time I thought he was the highest value.  I don't think I would of done it this year after another down year, but time will tell.

Gronk is obviously high risk/high reward.  I took him first pick last year and it didn't work out.  Was able to finish 5th.  At the time I thought he was the highest value.  I don't think I would of done it this year after another down year, but time will tell.
If Gronk had lasted the whole season and given you another 375 points (like he had scored in the past), you would have finished second and within striking distance of first. Not many guys out there that can score 500 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the case for any high 1st-round pick in a draft-and-done format, though, I think. Especially in a 16-teamer, you ain't winning or even threatening that closely if you lose DJ or AB for a large chunk of time any more than if you lose Gronk.
I disagree with this. 

With so many pieces to play with in the NE offense no way I take Gronk early.  I think the days of him dominating the position and the NE game plan on a weekly basis are long gone.  Just IMO.

With so many pieces to play with in the NE offense no way I take Gronk early.  I think the days of him dominating the position and the NE game plan on a weekly basis are long gone.  Just IMO.
The best I can assess the NE situation is we'll have to wait and see. I would guess they will play Gronk less than in season's past, but that may be due to being up 30 points (so he sits the 4th quarter), sitting the last week or two of the season (locked up top seed), or if they use someone else to block more on running plays (so he could still see a similar amount of targets). 

Looking at 2014, the trio of Gronk, Edelman, and LaFell totaled 384 targets. IMO, Gronk-Edelman-Cooks should combine for 350 targets. That probably leaves 250-260 targets for everyone else. I tend to think the RB targets will go down with the addition of Cooks (NE backs had 130 last year). So maybe 90 targets to RB's.

Amendola becomes an after thought with Mitchell and Hogan getting the majority of the leftover targets (call it 100). 350 + 90 + 100 = 540. That leaves 60-70 targets for Amendola, Allen, and bit players.

That's my guess, but who knows how it will play out.

injuries and zeroes are killers. This thread got me thinking about my almosts and then an injury.

Year one IIRC I lost by an injury. Then worst of all I lost to Donny T by 30 points for second.

Another early year we were 30 points between 1st, 2nd and 3rd..One injury away by anyone of us.

That kept us close.

Not sure what up with Jeremyx13 but this kind of stinks.  I even tried texting the number on the Anarchy site but no help.

Yea, had to be grown up this week, lol.  I see all leagues now and will be on top of it.  Just like the man to push me back to the bus.

edit:  site said it was my turn to draft so I did, but it was sinrman who got player. 

The team info on the league site should be right. I switched the info for each team. Let me know if that is messed up.

Yea, had to be grown up this week, lol.  I see all leagues now and will be on top of it.  Just like the man to push me back to the bus.
Glad to hear it wasn't an emergency or something worse came up.

Easier to snooze in the back anyways. You just don't want to lose your stop.  ;)

@Anarchy99 your inbox is full as you are such a popular guy as well as a #### hoarder.

I was just curious what the status of the ******* love child is. I believe that Borden has been around but I have not seen this one start yet.

When did Anarchy 2 become the special needs league? Forgive my insensitivity. That would be insulting to the specially needy being compared to you bozos.  

Sinrman on the clock. What an epic cluster . . .

Sorry, was out golfing all day.  Didn't know wtf was going on and if I was up or if the 1.06 was my pick.   :loco:

It's an interesting dichotomy. Some guys get nagging injuries like hamstring pulls, sprained ankles, broken fingers, or such. Gronk has had major back surgery multiple times now. You have to start worrying if one more awkward hit and he'll be done altogether or if he will adjust his play to be more conservative to take less damage. I doubt either of those will happen, but I think they carry some concern. As stated many times, any game could be a player's last game, but IMO Gronk has a greater risk of being knocked out for the season than other guys. So while other players might have a 1% chance of going down for the season in any game, Gronk might carry a 10% risk of going on IR. Still unlikely, but definitely a much greater risk.
Tony Romo a year ago and he wasn't even hit hard. The phrase "accident waiting to happen" is more about being stupid and placing yourself in the wrong spot, but all those back surgeries. I prefer for someone else to reap the benefit of that risk.

Tony Romo a year ago and he wasn't even hit hard. The phrase "accident waiting to happen" is more about being stupid and placing yourself in the wrong spot, but all those back surgeries. I prefer for someone else to reap the benefit of that risk.
Romo maybe didnt have his clock cleaned....but that tackle and the way Romo was positioned crunching him was a pretty nasty....

Love these picks. Nothing gets past you guys.

Fiddles Howard is RB3 in this format IMHO. What a steal.
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Howard ranked 9th last year. IMO, the Bears QB situation won't help Howard any. And it would take an act of Congress to get Chicago to the post season. IMO, borderline Top 10 backs are not as enticing as in regular leagues. 

Thanks inspector you just cured me. I realized I haven't done well since I won.

Maybe I shouldn't listen to the voices in my head.

There it is said:
I understand the #'s look bad, but in my insane opinion and this format I have him ending up RB#3.
I am curious to see what numbers you are considering that would lead to this outcome?

I could see it happening, but Howard would need a hell of a lot of TD for that to happen I think (possible I suppose).

Howard had 1611/7 last year and ended the season ranked 9th . . . 90 points out of the 3 spot. 

The Bears have two unproven QB to chose from on a team that ranked Bottom 5 in scoring and lost their best receiver. The offense only scored 29 total TD, which was half of what the Falcons offense scored. And Chicago will be watching the playoffs with the rest of us. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the love for Howard as a Top 3 back. 

Most sites gives general advice to the public. Mine are for me. I live or die on it. remember this is a 0 pts pre reception for RB. Ephasis on 0 PPR in this format I Have Howard #3RB.

I got him in No Mercy same 0 PPR.

We'll see at the end of the year.

So it is written so let it be.

I am curious to see what numbers you are considering that would lead to this outcome?

I could see it happening, but Howard would need a hell of a lot of TD for that to happen I think (possible I suppose).
Sorry David nothing personal.

If you could share specific numbers on this, perhaps after the draft is concluded. I am curious.

How many TD for example? But again we are barely getting started here, so perhaps something to discuss at a later time.

My immediate thought on the Howard pick was to be skeptical for the same reasons others posted, primarily due to low playoff probability. But I went to look this up out of curiosity:

• 2016: RB1 (Johnson) and RB5 (McCoy) had no playoff games. RB2 (Elliott) and RB 3 (Bell) had one or more playoff games, but each played in a total of exactly 16 games.
  • 2015: RB1 (Freeman), RB3 (Martin), and RB5 (Deangelo) had no playoff games. RB2 (Peterson) had 1 playoff game, in which he scored 5.8 points; he would have finished as RB2 without that extra game.
So it appears to me that the playoff probability is not very predictive of Anarchy finish. Furthermore, there has been a lot of turnover: 18 different RBs finished in the Anarchy top 10 in 2015-16. So there should be no reason to think that a guy like Howard cannot jump into the top 5.

Not saying I expect him to be RB3, but I don't think it is quite as far-fetched as some have made it out to be.

JWB you have pulled out quite a few on us in the past.

You sniped so many right in front of me. I went in and changed my password to Just Lose Baby. :D
:lmao:  

I wish I had better results to show for it. I lost in the Super Bowl to @Duckboy once (  :rant: ) but otherwise have not finished higher than 6th. Definitely some bad luck in there, but we've all experienced that. It has actually been sobering to me about my fantasy skills/knowledge.

But that's why I keep doing it. I like to think it helps me in my later drafts, where I tend to get better results. 

Users who are viewing this thread