What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Anarchy League 2 Thread - The Inspector Clouseau League (1 Viewer)

Yea, had to be grown up this week, lol.  I see all leagues now and will be on top of it.  Just like the man to push me back to the bus.

edit:  site said it was my turn to draft so I did, but it was sinrman who got player. 
So much for being on top of it...please set up notifications....you havent checked the site in 14 hours....if you have too much adulting going on for these things we can find a replacement for you

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted Brandin Cooks but David beat me to him. Doug Baldwin and Sammy Watkins still nice though. I just think Cooks has a bit more upside than Baldwin. I also see Cooks as possible insurance for if/when Gronk misses games, but this was not to be.

In league 6 I did get Cooks and Watkins (already have Gronk there too). Part of it is different draft position (I got Cooks with pick 2.10) but this is what I mean about being able to get the guys I am targeting more often in league 6 than I can here.

Baldwin was great value. I had him next in my pre-draft list after Jordy at 2.2.

Allen was the least surprising pick of the draft so far.

Baldwin was great value. I had him next in my pre-draft list after Jordy at 2.2.

Allen was the least surprising pick of the draft so far.
I predicted Tyreek was gonna be Ref's 3rd-round pick before the draft even started. Does that count?

Biabreakable said:
I wanted Brandin Cooks but David beat me to him. Doug Baldwin and Sammy Watkins still nice though. I just think Cooks has a bit more upside than Baldwin. I also see Cooks as possible insurance for if/when Gronk misses games, but this was not to be.

In league 6 I did get Cooks and Watkins (already have Gronk there too). Part of it is different draft position (I got Cooks with pick 2.10) but this is what I mean about being able to get the guys I am targeting more often in league 6 than I can here.
Maybe we're just letting you have those guys because we want nothing to do with them.  :P

(In reality, I like the Gronk-Cooks stack in this format for exactly the reason you mentioned, even though I want no part of either at their individual ADPs, if that makes sense.)

will comment more about the Hill pick after my next one....but in the meantime will absorb the deserved roasting

Sinrman figured out yet that he has B2B picks in this draft?  Made one at 11:30AM and then hasnt been back..

I know, he's pacing himself. 

Just Win Baby said:
My immediate thought on the Howard pick was to be skeptical for the same reasons others posted, primarily due to low playoff probability. But I went to look this up out of curiosity:

• 2016: RB1 (Johnson) and RB5 (McCoy) had no playoff games. RB2 (Elliott) and RB 3 (Bell) had one or more playoff games, but each played in a total of exactly 16 games.
  • 2015: RB1 (Freeman), RB3 (Martin), and RB5 (Deangelo) had no playoff games. RB2 (Peterson) had 1 playoff game, in which he scored 5.8 points; he would have finished as RB2 without that extra game.
So it appears to me that the playoff probability is not very predictive of Anarchy finish. Furthermore, there has been a lot of turnover: 18 different RBs finished in the Anarchy top 10 in 2015-16. So there should be no reason to think that a guy like Howard cannot jump into the top 5.

Not saying I expect him to be RB3, but I don't think it is quite as far-fetched as some have made it out to be.
Ya this analysis matches mine.  Good work JWB.  Kidding I spend barely anytime researching fantasy anymore.  Shoot from the hip.

whats your team? im white russians
Hack the Bone. I barely even remember who I drafted. It seems so long ago.

Using FBG Rate My Team (which is the only criteria that matters), the 4 staff "experts" have your average chance of making the playoffs at 62.5% / 46.25% / 27.25 %. For my team, it's 76.25% / 62.75% / 48.75%.

Based on that, it is clear that I am going to stomp your soul, you will wish you never took up fantasy football, and you will probably wish you never were born. But good luck on the season.

will comment more about the Hill pick after my next one....but in the meantime will absorb the deserved roasting
At 3.09 I liked Pryor and Hill more than the other options at WR....plan going in was Hill/Pryor at 3-4 turn if I had a draft slot in the back half....(something I am leaning towards in home drafts this year)....I am bullish on Pryor this year, even more so than Hill at this point....saw in the other drafts that others don't really seem to share my thoughts on Pryor and odds were I could get him at 4.08...so Hill was the pick at 3.09 as I didn't think Hill would survive the turn.....all of that almost got derailed as I almost pulled the trigger on going TE with both 3.09 and 4.08 and locking down a dominant TE trifecta with Graham, Bennett, and then one of like Eifert/Walker/etc that fell there.....and also depleting the TE pool for others...ultimately chickened out and stuck with plan A.....meh...we'll see...

• Just missed on Indy TMQB at the end of the 4th. The risk would be worth the reward at this point. Nice pick Anarchy    :rant:

I liked you guys way better when you bashed people over their picks . . . not their lack of picks.
Hey everyone is bashing mine (as usual).

I take back my comments about Brandin Cooks. Your draft stinks and you are a poo poo face. (that should make him happy)

BTW I would bash peoples picks more if I had time, I've been working the past 12 hours and still did not make anyone wait for my picks. Hows that for an example?  ;)

Totally different strategy this season. I always have waited late for the quarterbacks, but have not chose wisely later. If Seattle and New England play well into the playoffs then the early back to back quarterback will give me an advantage. Probably not enough to offset the value lost at wide receiver and running back, but I have taken the perceived value at running back for a few years and that has definitely not panned out. I have also performed miserably at tight end so I have joined in the take a lot of tight ends early crowd. Hopefully I can be near the top of the scoring there as well. Now for the rest of the roster, can I find bargains or will I be drafting several zeroes?

1.7 Brady seemed like a no-brainer as the Patriots should be heavily favored for the super bowl. I think that he has another great season in him and I also like that they kept his back-up with the team.

2.10 Wilson and the Seahawks QB to have two highly ranked QB teams with high hope for a long playoff run. Was considering both Olsen and Graham, but they went at 2.5 and 2.8. Was not looking at running back and thought that it was too early for Baldwin at WR9.

3.7 Rudolph - I actually considered Rudolph in the second round and ran to the podium for this pick.

4.10 Delanie Walker - was hoping for Ertz or Bennett to fall and they went well earlier. Began looking elsewhere and set autodraft for Walker of Larry Fitzgerald. I think Bia got a bargain with Fitz at 5.1

Lots of work to do for sure, but enjoy drafting with you guys again. Would prefer a little more discussion on value picks and a little less whining, but at least there is humor all through the thread and humor is always worth the read here as we follow along.

Predrafted my next pick and reviewed Jeremy's roster as I made the choices. He has gathered three of the looks like value running backs in his first four picks. I have done similar in the past and never liked the end result. Good luck finding bargains Jeremy and if you are reading this, you are up.

Holloway would like more discussion...I agree...so...

1.09 Le'Veon Bell RB3.....at nine no way did I think I would sniff a top guy, so felt pretty good about getting Bell here and it made the decision pretty easy instead of having to pick from a few guys I have ranked about the same.  Bell missed 3 games to start the year last year and then also week 17 before coming back for the playoffs....so he finished as RB3 in this format and could have played 4 more games. He avg just under 20 points a game so if you give him about another 80 points, he finishes as RB1...40 points clear of David Johnson. Hard to claim value in the first round....but maybe I got a little.

2.08 Jimmy Graham TE5....4 TE's already off the board and a bunch of picks, including a couple from Jeremyx13, till I'm OTC again so besides taking a long nap, TE became the focus in this format.  Graham is back as the #2 target for Wilson and should finish in top 5. Zero value here really.

3.09 Tyreek Hill WR18...debated for awhile, but like his upside more than others and he wasn't going to survive the turn.  Arob is almost dead to me as I blew a couple second round picks on him last year in some home leagues.  I'm sure I'll miss out on his comeback now, but I can live with that.  Hill represents absolutely no value here as he finished as WR19 last year in this format. But I didn't really see any value in the RB's with no PPR for them.  As I mentioned earlier I almost went with the TE heavy approach with this pick and my next one, but just couldn't do it. Only bright thing is that his snaps and touches should increase, so he might finish a few spots higher than last year.  Talent is not a question, only issue in my mind is if teams find a way to limit him, unfortunately KC plays NE in week one so that answer and blueprint may come very quickly. Helps that the league now gives the player points for scoring on special teams.  If Hill would have gotten 18 more points he would have finished as WR15 just behind Fitzgerald and ahead of Crabtree, Cooper, Tate, D. Thomas, and Hopkins. He won't be returning kickoffs but will punts (if they kick to him), but even if he loses those 3 ST TD's, he should be able to make them up with the increase in touches. 

4.08 Terrelle Pryor WR25...Pryor will be on a ton of my teams moving forward at this price.Finished as WR23 in this format last year and his situation seems to have improved pretty dramatically. I am higher on him than most with top 10 type possibilities IMO. This was reflected in other drafts that were ahead of this one and the reason I went Hill/Pryor instead of Pryor/Hill.  Plus I doubt Hill made the turn back to me. Pryor at 6'4 225 is a physical specimen with speed and has shown to be a tough cover for even some of the best corners. His work ethic is off the charts.  He has put in time with Randy Moss and Antonio Brown reaching out to them to improve his game. Signed a one year deal, betting on himself.  I'm all in. The move from CLE to WAS should have his arrow pointing way up.  There is some competition for receptions with a healthy Doctson, Crowder, and Reed, but I expect Cousins to fall in love with Pryor's speed down the field and his size in the red zone. I expect Pryor to eat and drastically outperform WR25, leapfrogging his way into the top 10 for years to come. 

Feel I have some playoff potential so far, trying to keep that in mind.  :banned:

I'll think back on this Draft as the one where Bell went 9th, and I picked 8th, so I had the last chance to get him. With our scoring rules and League format, RB's are all about total yards from scrimmage and TD's, with a nod to playing extra games. 16+ games worth of Bell vs the Steelers 2017 schedule is a frightening thing to consider. Eight of us (well 6, at least - I think Gronk and DJ were the 'correct' 1/2 overall selections) will be evaluating our decisions for quite some time.

1.08: Mike Evans, WR Bucs - I consider Evans to be the 'safest' elite level WR in 2017, just a shade ahead of Nelson. I grow increasingly concerned about Big Ben's home/road splits impacting Brown, Julio's foot, AJG's injuries, Andrew Luck (Hilton) and Beckham for reasons I'll discuss later. I'm not ready to call Michael Thomas or Cooper elite. I predict Evans will be the statistical leader at WR in 2017.

2.09: Jay Ajayi, RB Dolphins - 25th overall pick, thought he should have gone earlier, but he was the last remaining back I have in my sub-DJ/LevB/Zeke tier, so I passed on receptions to gain what I hope is a positional advantage at RB - total yards from scrimmage/TD's/moderate chance at postseason. Did what I felt I had to do.

3.08: Davante Adams, WR Packers - Owned Adams in 2014, traded him away in 2015. After watching 2016, I'm sold, and have Jordy-lite expectations. Should outscore plenty of NFL #1's as Packers #2. Checks all the boxes, including potential 3-4 game postseason strong possibility. Rodgers is one of few that can support more than 1 elite-level WR, and he's made it into the circle of trust. 16-Teamer, he's a borderline 1 and getting him in the middle of Rd 3 screamed value to me. Considered Crabtree. Didn't want 2 Dolphins, so Landry out. Too early to take Fitz, Pryor or Tate, who were leading my next tier.

4.09 Ty Montgomery, RB Packers - Knew I'd be losing ground at QB/TE if I went RB here, but picking in the middle is sometimes a blessing, and as I projected ahead, I felt pretty good about what would still be available at 5.08. I'm not worried about the backs they drafted. Hell, they had to do something at the position with Lacy and Starks gone. Monty grew on me as a RB last year, and with an offseason to prepare, well, I'm a big fan of Stanford kids and their football IQ's. Watching him, I agreed with commentators who said he had a RB body, with WR skills. I think he generates a ton of yards, given it's the Packers, there's plenty of opportunity for TD's, and postseason play is almost a given.

I like where I'm at right now, but that's probably going to change over the next few rounds.

1.03 - Antonio Brown (WR1)
Probably the safest pick there is. Almost a mortal lock for at least 100-1200-10 with upside for way more and playoff points. Averaged 374 points over the past 4 seasons. Would have taken him first overall.

2.14 - Brandin Cooks (WR11)
I am not concerned that there are a lot of mouths to feed. NE didn't need him and gave up a first to acquire him. All the evidence that I have seen reflects Cooks having a very good year with upside that others may dispute. If either Gronk or Edelman goes down (not exactly all that far fetched), Cooks could jump up to 100-1400-12 (or Brown-like numbers) with playoff points.

I don't see him doing worse than he did in NOS but he will likely have 3 more games played this year. If he produced at the same level as the Saints, that would put him around 300 points (or WR8 last year). I took him at WR11 (but I think he will produce somewhat better than that).

3.03 - DeMarco Murray (RB11)
I don't love Murray, but he should still produce around where I drafted him. I don't see him getting almost 350 touches again in the regular season like last year, but the Titans stand a decent chance of getting a playoff game or two. I took him at RB11. He ranked 7th last year. I wanted at least one decent RB, as the wait-forever-to-draft-running-backs strategy can lead to a really weak group of backs. Putrid, in fact.

4.14 - Colts TMQB (TMQB9)
Not a huge Colts fan (shocker) but not many TMQB's can score 500 points in a season, and this is one of them. Things sound a little precarious with Luck's shoulder right now, but this could be a monumental boost to my scoring if the real Luck shows up and stays healthy. Of course, he could be hurt all year and we could be watching Scott Tolzien most of the season. In which case my chances of winning drop dramatically.

5.03 - Jack Doyle (TE13)
Tight end run of 5 TE's in the 10-12 picks before me. Lots of picks forthcoming before my next pick, so I wanted to snag at least one decent one. With Allen traded to NE, one would think Doyle will see more targets, and the Colts seem to be in the mix to win the division. I initially didn't love this pick, but it's grown on me a little.

FRANCHISE AVG. WAIT TIME # PICKS
Biabreakable less than a minute 4
Norseman 48 minutes 5
Anarchy99 51 minutes 5
CalBear 53 minutes 5
BroncoFreak 2K3 1 minute 5
JeremyX13 14 hours, 5 minutes 4
rzrback77 25 minutes 4
nittanylion 1 hour, 2 minutes 4
Stinkin' Ref 2 hours, 5 minutes 4
There It Is 35 minutes 4
Reaper 8 minutes 4
Duckboy 18 minutes 4
Coordinator 59 minutes 4
Fiddles 16 minutes 4
Just Win Baby 16 minutes 4
Sinrman 5 hours, 6 minutes 4

Jeremy is going for a new Anarchy 2 record here...

(Assume the site shows Bia with 4 picks since there was no wait time calculated for the 1.1 pick.)

FRANCHISE AVG. WAIT TIME # PICKS
Biabreakable less than a minute 4
Norseman 48 minutes 5
Anarchy99 51 minutes 5
CalBear 53 minutes 5
BroncoFreak 2K3 1 minute 5
JeremyX13 14 hours, 5 minutes 4
rzrback77 25 minutes 4
nittanylion 1 hour, 2 minutes 4
Stinkin' Ref 2 hours, 5 minutes 4
There It Is 35 minutes 4
Reaper 8 minutes 4
Duckboy 18 minutes 4
Coordinator 59 minutes 4
Fiddles 16 minutes 4
Just Win Baby 16 minutes 4
Sinrman 5 hours, 6 minutes 4

Jeremy is going for a new Anarchy 2 record here...

(Assume the site shows Bia with 4 picks since there was no wait time calculated for the 1.1 pick.)
I am going to ask nicely . . . is there really a purpose at this point in calling out every time someone takes a long time to pick? We've pretty much covered that to death in all the Anarchy threads. JX13 technically didn't even go OTC until this morning. With the timer off, the system calculates wait times even on times when the timer would be turned off. I will make a pick for him, but can we please take a more muted tone to the draft delays?

I am going to ask nicely . . . is there really a purpose at this point in calling out every time someone takes a long time to pick? We've pretty much covered that to death in all the Anarchy threads. JX13 technically didn't even go OTC until this morning. With the timer off, the system calculates wait times even on times when the timer would be turned off. I will make a pick for him, but can we please take a more muted tone to the draft delays?
This was my first post on the subject. I don't really care, it just stands out in contrast to everyone else. :shrug:  

Please don't make a pick for him due to my post.

1.7 Brady seemed like a no-brainer as the Patriots should be heavily favored for the super bowl. I think that he has another great season in him and I also like that they kept his back-up with the team.

2.10 Wilson and the Seahawks QB to have two highly ranked QB teams with high hope for a long playoff run. Was considering both Olsen and Graham, but they went at 2.5 and 2.8. Was not looking at running back and thought that it was too early for Baldwin at WR9.

3.7 Rudolph - I actually considered Rudolph in the second round and ran to the podium for this pick.

4.10 Delanie Walker - was hoping for Ertz or Bennett to fall and they went well earlier. Began looking elsewhere and set autodraft for Walker of Larry Fitzgerald. I think Bia got a bargain with Fitz at 5.1

5.7 Witten my third TE - just went ahead and completed the tight end sweep. I think all three of Rudolph, Walker and Witten can produce above their draft slot and all three have the potential of making the playoffs. I still hear Jim Mora in my head when I type playoffs.

So, we are only five rounds in and I have completed my roster at two positions, where should I head to now?

5.7 Witten my third TE - just went ahead and completed the tight end sweep. I think all three of Rudolph, Walker and Witten can produce above their draft slot and all three have the potential of making the playoffs. I still hear Jim Mora in my head when I type playoffs.

So, we are only five rounds in and I have completed my roster at two positions, where should I head to now?
PK or DEF

1.15 - Falcons, TMQB, ATL - 3rd TMQB drafted. Finished as #2 overall scorer in 2016, more than 50 points ahead of #3. That was largely because they made the Super Bowl, and, while that may not happen again, this should be a playoff team, with a solid chance at multiple playoff games. I never drafted a TMQB close to this early in Anarchy, so this is a new strategy.

2.2 - Jordy Nelson, WR, GB - 7th WR drafted. Finished as #3 WR in 2016. Also finished as #3 WR in 2014, with a season lost to injury in between. Surprised he lasted to this pick. This should be a playoff team, with a solid chance at multiple playoff games.

3.15 - Julian Edelman, WR, NE - 21st WR drafted. Since 2013, has only finished below WR #10 in total points in Anarchy format once (2015), and he was WR #8 in ppg in that season. Many seem to assume that Cooks will hammer Edelman's value, but I still see Edelman as the likely leader in WR targets if healthy. Also wanted a valuable piece of the NE passing game, and Brady, Gronk, and Cooks were all already gone. Expecting multiple playoff games. Great value here IMO.

4.2 - Michael Crabtree, WR, OAK - 22nd WR drafted. Finished as WR #14 last season, despite losing QB Carr for game 16 and the playoffs. Considered Fitz here, but took Crabtree because of seemingly greater probability of making the playoffs and playing more games.

5.15 - C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, HOU - 19th TE drafted. Finished as TE #13 last season in a mini 3rd-year breakout, that level of performance (59/630/5 in 17 games) seems repeatable, with mild upside beyond that. Solid chance at playoff game(s).

6.2 - Antonio Gates, TE, Chargers - 20th TE drafted. Finished as TE #15 last season, playing in just 14 games. I doubt he will repeat that, at least not if Henry stays healthy, but I also doubt his dropoff will be as pronounced as some think, if he stays healthy. He has great chemistry with Rivers, and his snaps were already reduced to primarily red zone and passing downs last season, so there is no reason to expect a further reduction in snaps (again, if he is healthy). Unfortunately, playoffs seem like a long shot. This is definitely a bit of a :homer:  pick.

And in the 6th round at the 90th overall pick and 20th running back, I added my first running back, Mark Ingram. I am a little higher than most on Ingram this season. Only one staffer ranks him higher. For one, he has never been a bell cow and yes, he will lose carries to Peterson, but that is nothing new for Ingram. His career high in carries is 226 for a season. He rarely gets 20 rushes in a game, actually he has hit this mark only eight times in six NFL seasons. He has become a solid receiving back and has finished as RB15. RB15 and RB10 the past three seasons in non-ppr scoring and probably a little higher in ppr. Here, in Anarchy there is no ppr for running backs and I think that Ingram offered value at RB20. However, the opportunity for playoff games is definitely a long shot.

Do any of y'all agree or I am on an island this season with Ingram?

And in the 6th round at the 90th overall pick and 20th running back, I added my first running back, Mark Ingram. I am a little higher than most on Ingram this season. Only one staffer ranks him higher. For one, he has never been a bell cow and yes, he will lose carries to Peterson, but that is nothing new for Ingram. His career high in carries is 226 for a season. He rarely gets 20 rushes in a game, actually he has hit this mark only eight times in six NFL seasons. He has become a solid receiving back and has finished as RB15. RB15 and RB10 the past three seasons in non-ppr scoring and probably a little higher in ppr. Here, in Anarchy there is no ppr for running backs and I think that Ingram offered value at RB20. However, the opportunity for playoff games is definitely a long shot.

Do any of y'all agree or I am on an island this season with Ingram?
You took Ingram as RB21. He ranked RB10 last year and RB17 the year before. I would guess ADP knocks his production a little bit. So I think you probably bought at the right pricing point, but I don't see a ton of upside (like he has a breakout season and becomes a Top 5 back), nor do so I see him falling off a cliff. However, the bandwidth for running backs is so tight in that range, we could be debating something like 20 or 30 points over the course of an Anarchy season. Put another way, there may be other players at other positions that over a greater net scoring potential than some of the third tier RB's do. I don't know, I haven't really looked that closely at the numbers.

What has been the most surprising pick thus far?
Gordon and Howard going before McCoy and to an extent Ajayi....guess it's just personal preference after the big 3

I have a hard time takig Watkins at that point with some of the other options on the board

I guess my Hill pick was early

Diggs maybe getting more love than I am willing to give with other options out there still

I didn't say it was wrong. I was afraid it would cause a run and change the draft. It did. I had to move up and take mine at pick 2.

It was interesting. The first of many in this weird draft.

Biabreakable knows we adapt, improvise and overcome.

You are good for the league and I like your posting.

I didn't say it was wrong. I was afraid it would cause a run and change the draft. It did. I had to move up and take mine at pick 2.

It was interesting. The first of many in this weird draft.

Biabreakable knows we adapt, improvise and overcome.

You are good for the league and I like your posting.
cool. thanks!  I apologize I totally misread your posting wrong then. my bad.

hard to tell on these boards sometimes what is schtick and what is genuine.

I enjoy this league very much.  really enjoy the challenge. very nice primer for when the $ leagues start.

Users who are viewing this thread