What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Anarchy League 2 Thread - The Inspector Clouseau League (1 Viewer)

13.08: JJ Nelson, WR Cardinals - Knew he was there when I took Boswell, and kinda had to clench a little when I pulled the trigger on PK, hoping he'd fall back to me, given how I'd had to adjust post Rounds 5-8, but he fits the mold of Ginn/Austin. Kinda like what I'm putting together here at WR3BC. Could play extra games.Has a role in a hypothetically prolific passing offense that could, and did expand last year when John Brown was out, which could happen again. His skills are a big part of the Arians scheme, and a rebounding Carson will be dropping some bombs. Well, if Carson rebounds. As previously stated, I'm on the side that says he does. Go me.
will comment more later and don't mean to just pick this out of all you wrote....but we really don't have any WR3BC's in these leagues.....lol

nittanylion,

I dont really like your team. Mainly because you drafted Packers pretty high. I don't believe in Ty Montgomery at all, especially in a non PPR format. I think his receptions will go down as well assuming Cobb is healthy.

Your other Packer Adams may be better than I think. He did score a lot of TD and Rodgers throws a lot of TD. I just don't like Packers players. Adams was very good at scoring TD in college with Carr as well, so him doing so in the NFL is no real surprise. Its a good thing. I just don't think he is that good a receiver. Numbers really boosted from great QB play.

I love Jay Ajayi but I don't think he provides much value being drafted as high as he is now. 

Your QB should be fine and if you didn't take Eli I would have been considering him or Dalton where I picked Dalton. Preffered Stafford actually over these two guys although I think Eli and Dalton have better weapons to work with than Stafford has.

You may be right about Palmer having a resurgence. In the most recent games of his, he really did not look good though. It seemed like he lost some confidence. That gives me a bad feeling about his outlook in 2017. Injury also a concern because he may not be coming back from another one. Not sure who the back up QB is but when Palmer was out it wasn't good for Fitzgerald or the other WR. If they did something to improve the back up QB situation I missed it. This is partially related to my reluctance about Cardinals WRs as well.

I do like the Hooper and Engram picks. Still a lot unknown with these players however.

Ted Ginn is one of my least favorite WR. He is so inefficient. This is less of a problem in total points format that head to head. I just don't see Brees really trusting him as much as Cam however when he has more efficient options available. Austin has been a disappointment and that was with an offense built around getting him the ball. JJ Nelson had some games with Brown injured, but my concerns about Palmer apply to him and all of the Cards receivers.

This team is likely better than it looks to me because of my bias against Packers players. Good luck to you.

Team Holloway Report - heading down the stretch

QB - New England and Seattle - I need Brady to have the best ever season for a 40-year old quarterback. It would be nice if Seattle could shift focus a little more to the passing game and just awesome if these two meet in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the Sunday after my birthday and my wife and I are headed to a beach vacation in Florida. Will be in a condo with friends in Panama City for the game and later that week headed to Pompano Beach and then Key West.

RB - Mark Ingram, Giovani Bernard & Jalen Richard - I think that Ingram is being undervalued, but oh my where is the depth? I guess this is what happens when you begin the draft QB-QB-TE-TE-TE. It seemed like a solid plan while I was loading up on tight end, but this crew is downright scary.

WR - Randall Cobb, Quincy Enunwa, Adam Thielen & Chris Conley - Arrg, possibly weaker than my running backs. Cobb is capable if he can stay healthy. Enunma should be the top target for the Jets, but who knows will be passing the ball. Thielen got a decent contract and had a good connection with Bradford. Conley should benefit from Maclin's departure.

TE - Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker and Jason Witten - I am excited about Rudolph and hopeful that Walker can keep close to his targets from last year. Witten, you are the NFL's Iron Man, please stay healthy and involved one more season.

PK - Gostkowski needs to get back to his early career consistency and the Patriots need to go to the Super Bowl.

DST - Minnesota and Green Bay - two decent NFC teams that hopefully with get a lot of sacks and turnovers.

Definitely different for me this season and I think if my running backs and wide receivers can hold their own, my strength at quarterback and tight end can keep me close. Go Patriots and either Seattle or Minnesota.

Just noticed that Coordinator is my polar opposite with only three picks remaining, he needs a defense and two quarterbacks. Good luck sir, your wide receivers look very strong.

1.09 Le'Veon Bell RB3
2.08 Jimmy Graham TE5
3.09 Tyreek Hill WR18
4.08 Terrelle Pryor WR25

5.09    Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB12    Really wanted to go elsewhere but felt a possible run coming so felt like time to pull the trigger at QB.  Really wanted to go with Cam here and roll the dice on him coming back in a big way, but just couldn't do it.  He was so inaccurate last year, and then the shoulder, missing time this summer, etc.  Went safe with a team that throws a lot.

6.08    Crowder, Jamison WAS WR33    Finished as WR28 last year. Took awhile on this pick cause the two guys I wanted went right before this pick.  Hate settling but felt like that's what I did here.  I now have WAS QB, Pryor, and Crowder.  Guess I could use a big year there.Should get lots of snaps and receptions and he seems to be an option in red zone even for his size.

7.09    James, Jesse PIT TE23   Misread the RB market as I expected to pull a solid one here but a ton went between my picks. TE's starting to thin out.  James over the rest because of lack of competition, size, working with Ben in red zone, and nice finish last year, and some playoff possibility.  Could surprise. Lack of comp pretty big factor. No real value here as he was TE22 last year. 

8.08    Woodhead, Danny BAL RB34    So when I missed on a group of RB's that I was looking at I decided to totally switch gears with my approach at RB for the rest of the way.  I wasn't going to sit here and try to figure out which RB2 was in best position to take over, who is the best guy behind a guy that gets hurt. which rookie will take over in week 6 or some crap.  I decided you know what, even though RB's don't get any PPR here, a touch is a touch.  So I decided to target the forgotten group in these things, the guys that have Anarchy cancer.  The not cool kids. But these guys will all play a ton and they will all get consistent touches.  Throw in the fact that many of them actually get some work in the red zone and I'm gonna roll with them.  I have Bell on board to do the heavy lifting, give me some guys that are going to play, their teams have defined a role for them and let's see what happens.  I just couldn't pull the trigger on West and thought he might last a few rounds anyway if I wanted him. Woodhead felt safer than West to me for some reason. Woodhead may now get even more work with Dixon out.  And I think he gets more TD's than people think.

9.09    Beasley, Cole DAL WR52    Finshed as WR32 last year. Always underrated in these (I still don't get it) but I may have gone a round or so early.  At the time there wasn't much else and Beasley is one of my favorites in these things so I locked him up.  I almost really consider him option #2 in DAL.  So while my WR's aren't sexy I have 4 guys on board that finished in the top 32 last year.  :shock:

10.08    White, James NEP RB41    Finished RB22 last year. Part two of RB with Anarchy cancer approach. 

11.09    Patriots, New England NEP Def 2   Figured not a ton of difference in some defenses, so I will take the extra games. They somehow seem to be pretty solid every year even without big names.

12.08    Santos, Cairo KCC PK14   This guy is a very good kicker, KC gets conservative and settles for 3 points a lot. 

13.09    Texans, Houston HOU TMQB28    While the QB position is up in the air, kind of excited to wait this late and land these guys with some playoff possibilities.

14.08    Myers, Jason JAC PK25   IMO last of the solid PK's left. Finished PK17 last year. 

15.09    Thompson, Chris WAS RB56    Finished RB38 last year. Wraps up my new RB approach.  Should be heavily involved.  I think all my guys will get more red zone love than people think. 

:banned:

Stinkin Ref said:
and Jordy being out.
:confused:  Jordy played a full 16 last year which was Adams' breakout season. He missed all of '15 but Adams spent that entire year puking on his shoes.

I will say that the numbers on the Packers' projections don't add up to where their ADPs would indicate. The only team last year that came close to supporting a top-20 RB, a top-12, top-24, and top-36 WR, and a top-8 TE was the Saints, and that took a 5,000-yard season from Brees and the most total offense since the Robo-Manning Broncos. I suppose the Pack could pull off that feat this year, but it's more likely that one or two of these guys are being significantly overvalued.

:confused:  Jordy played a full 16 last year which was Adams' breakout season. He missed all of '15 but Adams spent that entire year puking on his shoes.

I will say that the numbers on the Packers' projections don't add up to where their ADPs would indicate. The only team last year that came close to supporting a top-20 RB, a top-12, top-24, and top-36 WR, and a top-8 TE was the Saints, and that took a 5,000-yard season from Brees and the most total offense since the Robo-Manning Broncos. I suppose the Pack could pull off that feat this year, but it's more likely that one or two of these guys are being significantly overvalued.
There certainly should be some concern that there is only so much production to go around. GB may have to reach the Super Bowl for their skill position guys to earn back their draft day investment. Packers taken in League 2 so far:

1.05 - Packers TMQB (QB1) . . . Last year TMQB1
2.02 - Jordy Nelson (WR7) . . . Last year WR3
3.08 - Devonte Adams (WR18) . . . Last year WR7
3.14 - Martelleus Bennett (TE8) . . . Last year Cook was TE19
4.09 - Ty Montgomery (RB15) . . . Last year RB27
7.07 - Randall Cobb (WR20) . . . Last year WR25
15.05 - Jamaal Williams (RB53) . . . Last year Lacy RB74

The Packers passing totals were so good because they didn't run. Now people are banking on Montgomery doing more and adding Bennett in to do more than Cook did. I don't see them being able to just simply be more productive. They may need more games to do be able to do it (if they are even capable of repeating last year's numbers).

Last edited by a moderator:

wrong year...sorry...brainfart

Stinkin Ref said:
eta: bolded
Cobb missed 3 games and was limited in others last year (he only started in 10 games) but Jordy Nelson played all 16 games.

Starks played in 9 games and Lacy in 5 games is part of the reason for Montgomery's extra playing time as well as Cobb.

Looking at the game logs for Montgomery he had 25 of his 56 targets in games 5 and 6 of the season. In a losing effort vs the Cowboys, then a win against the Bears where he also had 9 rushing attempts for 60 yards. Cobb was also highly targeted in these two games however. Cobbs play starts to fall off following the Bears game.

20 of Montgomerys 44 receptions occur in these two games, the next highest receptions was 4 for 17 yards vs the Vikings game 15. The rest of the games were 3 or two receptions a game.

Mongomery really has good games against the Bears. 9 rushing attempts 60 yards 13 targets 10 receptions 66 yards then 16 rushing attempts 162 yards 2 TD 3 targets 2 receptions 1 yards in the second Bears game.

To put this in perspective 48.6% of his total rushing yards and 19% of his total receiving yards occurred in these two games vs the Bears.

Stephen Holloway said:
Team Holloway Report - heading down the stretch

QB - New England and Seattle - I need Brady to have the best ever season for a 40-year old quarterback. It would be nice if Seattle could shift focus a little more to the passing game and just awesome if these two meet in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the Sunday after my birthday and my wife and I are headed to a beach vacation in Florida. Will be in a condo with friends in Panama City for the game and later that week headed to Pompano Beach and then Key West.

RB - Mark Ingram, Giovani Bernard & Jalen Richard - I think that Ingram is being undervalued, but oh my where is the depth? I guess this is what happens when you begin the draft QB-QB-TE-TE-TE. It seemed like a solid plan while I was loading up on tight end, but this crew is downright scary.

WR - Randall Cobb, Quincy Enunwa, Adam Thielen & Chris Conley - Arrg, possibly weaker than my running backs. Cobb is capable if he can stay healthy. Enunma should be the top target for the Jets, but who knows will be passing the ball. Thielen got a decent contract and had a good connection with Bradford. Conley should benefit from Maclin's departure.

TE - Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker and Jason Witten - I am excited about Rudolph and hopeful that Walker can keep close to his targets from last year. Witten, you are the NFL's Iron Man, please stay healthy and involved one more season.

PK - Gostkowski needs to get back to his early career consistency and the Patriots need to go to the Super Bowl.

DST - Minnesota and Green Bay - two decent NFC teams that hopefully with get a lot of sacks and turnovers.

Definitely different for me this season and I think if my running backs and wide receivers can hold their own, my strength at quarterback and tight end can keep me close. Go Patriots and either Seattle or Minnesota.
I was a little surprised by the (to me) early pick of Seattle, but considering playoff potential, it makes sense. If these two QB don't go deep in the playoffs you will still be having a good time from the sound of your plans.  :banned:

I dunno about Ingram. Part of me says Peterson is done based off his play. The other part of me says this is Adrian Peterson who is a player I never want to say can't do something he puts his mind to doing (although pass protection is an example of that). I've never been a huge Ingram fan to begin with. This could work out well or Ingram might see even fewer opportunities now with Peterson there. Not sure which of these scenarios will happen. Considering the coaches love for RBBC there will likely be a game or two where their 4th string RB is getting more work than the top 3. Just seems to be how Payton rolls.

I was desperate enough that I was looking for Bernard and Richard as possible options as well but you had taken them by then. There is literally nothing left at RB right now.

Your WR are not very inspiring. Cobb has been good before and if healthy I think he at least bounces back from last year somewhat. Enunwa should be the Jets best WR this year but that team is not looking so hot and remains to be seen how Enunwa handles the extra attention he will likely get from opposing defenses. Adam Theilen had a great year last season and seems to have established trust and timing with Bradford. Conley might be the WR opposite Hill, his skill set doesn't mesh as well with Alex Smith imo but maybe Smith doesn't start the whole year and if Mahomes plays I think his gunslinger mentality could give Conley a boost.

Your TE are pretty darn good. I hate Rudolph for reasons that don't really matter for fantasy football. I sure hope the Vikings don't target him as much as last year. Walker has also been solid, the only real concern regarding him is that the Titans actually have some good competition to share targets with him now. I had intended to draft Witten but you just had to fill your flex him before I could do that didn't ya? 

Gost is a solid kicker.

The Vikings defense is good. The Packers? Not so much.

It's kind of hard to evaluate how this team will do overall. You should get 600+ points from your two QBs the question is how much more than 600? The TE should be able to pitch in another 700 points if all 3 stay healthy for the year even if their receptions fall back a bit. This is good. Question is if your RB and WR can score enough points to make this advantage stick or not.

Good luck but curse you for stealing Witten from me.

Stephen Holloway said:
Just noticed that Coordinator is my polar opposite with only three picks remaining, he needs a defense and two quarterbacks. Good luck sir, your wide receivers look very strong.
This is a good tactic as at least he is guaranteed some points with those picks.

1.09 Le'Veon Bell RB3
2.08 Jimmy Graham TE5
3.09 Tyreek Hill WR18
4.08 Terrelle Pryor WR25

5.09    Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB12    Really wanted to go elsewhere but felt a possible run coming so felt like time to pull the trigger at QB.  Really wanted to go with Cam here and roll the dice on him coming back in a big way, but just couldn't do it.  He was so inaccurate last year, and then the shoulder, missing time this summer, etc.  Went safe with a team that throws a lot.

6.08    Crowder, Jamison WAS WR33    Finished as WR28 last year. Took awhile on this pick cause the two guys I wanted went right before this pick.  Hate settling but felt like that's what I did here.  I now have WAS QB, Pryor, and Crowder.  Guess I could use a big year there.Should get lots of snaps and receptions and he seems to be an option in red zone even for his size.

7.09    James, Jesse PIT TE23   Misread the RB market as I expected to pull a solid one here but a ton went between my picks. TE's starting to thin out.  James over the rest because of lack of competition, size, working with Ben in red zone, and nice finish last year, and some playoff possibility.  Could surprise. Lack of comp pretty big factor. No real value here as he was TE22 last year. 

8.08    Woodhead, Danny BAL RB34    So when I missed on a group of RB's that I was looking at I decided to totally switch gears with my approach at RB for the rest of the way.  I wasn't going to sit here and try to figure out which RB2 was in best position to take over, who is the best guy behind a guy that gets hurt. which rookie will take over in week 6 or some crap.  I decided you know what, even though RB's don't get any PPR here, a touch is a touch.  So I decided to target the forgotten group in these things, the guys that have Anarchy cancer.  The not cool kids. But these guys will all play a ton and they will all get consistent touches.  Throw in the fact that many of them actually get some work in the red zone and I'm gonna roll with them.  I have Bell on board to do the heavy lifting, give me some guys that are going to play, their teams have defined a role for them and let's see what happens.  I just couldn't pull the trigger on West and thought he might last a few rounds anyway if I wanted him. Woodhead felt safer than West to me for some reason. Woodhead may now get even more work with Dixon out.  And I think he gets more TD's than people think.

9.09    Beasley, Cole DAL WR52    Finshed as WR32 last year. Always underrated in these (I still don't get it) but I may have gone a round or so early.  At the time there wasn't much else and Beasley is one of my favorites in these things so I locked him up.  I almost really consider him option #2 in DAL.  So while my WR's aren't sexy I have 4 guys on board that finished in the top 32 last year.  :shock:

10.08    White, James NEP RB41    Finished RB22 last year. Part two of RB with Anarchy cancer approach. 

11.09    Patriots, New England NEP Def 2   Figured not a ton of difference in some defenses, so I will take the extra games. They somehow seem to be pretty solid every year even without big names.

12.08    Santos, Cairo KCC PK14   This guy is a very good kicker, KC gets conservative and settles for 3 points a lot. 

13.09    Texans, Houston HOU TMQB28    While the QB position is up in the air, kind of excited to wait this late and land these guys with some playoff possibilities.

14.08    Myers, Jason JAC PK25   IMO last of the solid PK's left. Finished PK17 last year. 

15.09    Thompson, Chris WAS RB56    Finished RB38 last year. Wraps up my new RB approach.  Should be heavily involved.  I think all my guys will get more red zone love than people think. 

:banned:
I think when all is said and done Bell will be the top scoring RB in 2017. I mentioned some of my concerns with the Cardinals and Palmer in my response to nittanylion already, that concern extends to David Johnson as well for me, although he should be the least affected by Palmers play than the WRs will be. I still think Bell is a stronger bet than Johnson for this year.

Jimmy Graham showed full recovery from his PCL injury last year and was TE 4 last season almost scoring 300 points with the help of two playoff games. This is a solid pick although I guess I am still a bit nervous about him.

Hill is a player I have warmed up to since they released Maclin. In some ways perhaps he should be considered in similar light as Michael Thomas, but Brees is a lot better than Alex Smith. Personally I haven't seen Hill play enough to get a warm fuzzy about him but I can definitely see this working out for you.

Pryor is a player I am even less familiar with than Hill and he has been in the league a long time already. Good passing offense I just don't know enough about Pryor to really have an opinion about this.

Washington should have a good passing game again and I think Crowder is a safer pick than Pryor in that offense. These are still relatively high picks for these guys though, so I am not sure you are getting more than you paid for with them.

Jesse James showed some good signs last year and if he maintains that or improves on it, this should be a solid pick.

I really like Woodhead right now. You mentioned Dixon being out, the lack of a TE for the Ravens could lead to more receptions for Woodhead as a way they compensate for that. I think you want to hope Flacco will be healthy, but if he isn't I would expect the back up to lean on Woodhead a lot as well, though he may have less room to operate in that scenario.

Cole Beasley is pretty meh for me. Dallas should open up their passing game somewhat now that Dak has a year of experience, just not really excited about Beasley even so.

James White really outperformed expectations last year and the playoff potential helps. This being the Patriots things change though. This could be a really nice pick if he performs similar to last year.

I will take your word for it on the kickers. I really don't spend much time thinking about kickers and that is a problem for me in this format.

I think the Texans go with Deshaun Watson at QB no doubt and he should be an upgrade over Brock Lobster even with the rookie mistakes. Watson has that it factor I think and may perform better than a lot of rookie QBs.

Chris Thompson has a role but I don't see much reason he will do better than last year which was 100 points. Thats not bad a your RB 4 however. Likely better than what I will be scraping off the bottom of the barrel.

A lot of unknowns for me on your team that makes it hard to give feedback. I actually like what you did with your RB choices and as a group this seems like it may be a strength. You should be pretty good at QB and TE as well. It is more your WR that I wonder about. I think you took a lot of players that are overlooked by me and perhaps by a lot of the fantasy community in general.

If the WR perform well enough I think this team may be above average on the strength of the RB/TE/QBs.

I think when all is said and done Bell will be the top scoring RB in 2017. I mentioned some of my concerns with the Cardinals and Palmer in my response to nittanylion already, that concern extends to David Johnson as well for me, although he should be the least affected by Palmers play than the WRs will be. I still think Bell is a stronger bet than Johnson for this year.

Jimmy Graham showed full recovery from his PCL injury last year and was TE 4 last season almost scoring 300 points with the help of two playoff games. This is a solid pick although I guess I am still a bit nervous about him.

Hill is a player I have warmed up to since they released Maclin. In some ways perhaps he should be considered in similar light as Michael Thomas, but Brees is a lot better than Alex Smith. Personally I haven't seen Hill play enough to get a warm fuzzy about him but I can definitely see this working out for you.

Pryor is a player I am even less familiar with than Hill and he has been in the league a long time already. Good passing offense I just don't know enough about Pryor to really have an opinion about this.

Washington should have a good passing game again and I think Crowder is a safer pick than Pryor in that offense. These are still relatively high picks for these guys though, so I am not sure you are getting more than you paid for with them.

Jesse James showed some good signs last year and if he maintains that or improves on it, this should be a solid pick.

I really like Woodhead right now. You mentioned Dixon being out, the lack of a TE for the Ravens could lead to more receptions for Woodhead as a way they compensate for that. I think you want to hope Flacco will be healthy, but if he isn't I would expect the back up to lean on Woodhead a lot as well, though he may have less room to operate in that scenario.

Cole Beasley is pretty meh for me. Dallas should open up their passing game somewhat now that Dak has a year of experience, just not really excited about Beasley even so.

James White really outperformed expectations last year and the playoff potential helps. This being the Patriots things change though. This could be a really nice pick if he performs similar to last year.

I will take your word for it on the kickers. I really don't spend much time thinking about kickers and that is a problem for me in this format.

I think the Texans go with Deshaun Watson at QB no doubt and he should be an upgrade over Brock Lobster even with the rookie mistakes. Watson has that it factor I think and may perform better than a lot of rookie QBs.

Chris Thompson has a role but I don't see much reason he will do better than last year which was 100 points. Thats not bad a your RB 4 however. Likely better than what I will be scraping off the bottom of the barrel.

A lot of unknowns for me on your team that makes it hard to give feedback. I actually like what you did with your RB choices and as a group this seems like it may be a strength. You should be pretty good at QB and TE as well. It is more your WR that I wonder about. I think you took a lot of players that are overlooked by me and perhaps by a lot of the fantasy community in general.

If the WR perform well enough I think this team may be above average on the strength of the RB/TE/QBs.
thanks for taking the time bia....really appreciate the feedback....Beasley may be meh and the captain of the not sexy team but has finished as WR32 and WR31 the last two seasons and now heads into this season with pretty much the exact same group around him (Bryant, Williams, Witten)...at a WR52 price tag....I'm buyin

Pryor is someone I recommend looking at a little as he finished WR22 in this league last year....on a crappy team with crappy QB play and no playoffs....he might deserve a sniff

as I mentioned, overall as a group my first 4 finished no lower than WR32 in this format last year and the arrow for a couple of them might be pointing up....80 WR's have to be drafted in this thing and with some using WR as their flex I see that number probably at or north of 85....I'll take 4 in the top 32 with all of them having WR2 production in this format....not sure I am ready to say I would settle for that type of finish again, but I wouldn't hate it if that is the floor for this group.....

thanks again

So glad I still got Ryan Tannehiill after I shot my mouth off (again) about the Doilphins increasing total offensive plays by 200 and the majority of those being pass attempts with the majority of those targets going to DeVantae Parker.

All bust team so far:

1.01    1.    Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE    400 points. Risk be damned. On a mission from God.

2.16    32.    Baldwin, Doug SEA WR    Has finished 6th and 8th at WR the last two seasons and scored 300 points. I am hoping for more of the same. I don't see much reason why not?

3.01    33.    Watkins, Sammy BUF WR   Serious upside with Watkins if he is actually healthy for most of this season. Playoff outlook pretty much nil.

4.16    64.    Parker, DeVante MIA WR    I believe in Parkers talent. There are some issues outside of his own that could still hold him back though. I really like coach Gase though and I do think they open up the offense going into year two. Playoffs unlikely.

5.01    65.   Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR    I love Fitzgerald. Finished 5tth and 13th the last two seasons and I think he could be in that range again. Strong floor as my WR 4

6.16    96.    Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB    Holy crap you guys drafted a lot of QBs. I was hoping to at least get Stafford or Eli or something. Red Rifle? Oh my. :Lots of weapons to work with though.

7.01    97.    Henry, Derrick TEN RB Not really excited about this pick but I did need some sort of player resembling a RB this year. For all the WR the Titans added this year I still think they run the ball a ton. Hoping something breaks my way here. Maybe could have gone another direction.

8.16    128.    Hunt, Kareem KCC RB    I really like Hunt and I can see him becoming the Chiefs feature RB. Spencer Ware is also a good player which is why I was able to still get Hunt this late. I like his chances to be the top scoring RB for KC who does have playoff potential as well, although the AFC West has 3 teams who are serious contenders to make it in my opinion.

9.01    129.    Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB    I still have reservations about Ryan Tannehill being the answer at QB. If Gase fails I think it will be because of RT. But when he took that job he had to sell their front office on being able to help RT to improve. What Miami did last season was flounder trying to find a way to win games early on in the season. The passing game did not do well enough and Gase changed to a more conservative ball control style of offense to help out their defense and also because RT wasn't executing well enough. I am predicting  that the increased volume of 200 plays comes as a combination of progression towards the mean in terms of total plays and this being the second year in the system help RT take a big step forward.
10.16    160.    Crosby, Mason GBP PK     Yes I know a Packer. Gross. High powered offense some playoff potential though.

11.01    161.    McManus, Brandon DEN PK    I like having kickers from Denver where long field goals seem more viable.

12.16    192.    Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def    KC has a good defense and playoff potential as well

13.01    193.    Everett, Gerald LAR TE    There really was not much left at TE by this point. I had hoped to get ASJ late but Reaper took him. Hoping Everett is their guy.

14.16    224.    Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR    Treadwell is still a work in progress and may only be the 5th most targeted player for the Vikings this year. Of course he gets injured right after I made this pick.

15.01    225.    Wright, Kendall CHI WR    I am not hearing good things in regards to Kevin White. So Wright may end up being an important player for the Bears this year.

16.16    256.    Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def    They have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball and if Fournette plays well I think they can keep scores low.

17.01    257.     Foreman, D'Onta HOU RB   I really like Foreman and I can see him earning playing time that could force a time share between him and Miller.

18.16   288.  ??? This is going to be a RB pick. If Jacsonville defense had not fallen to me I would have waited and got the last defense available for this pick. Maybe an injury or something happens in the mean time and I will try to take a RB who would benefit (if available).

Your WR are not very inspiring. Cobb has been good before and if healthy I think he at least bounces back from last year somewhat. Enunwa should be the Jets best WR this year but that team is not looking so hot and remains to be seen how Enunwa handles the extra attention he will likely get from opposing defenses. Adam Theilen had a great year last season and seems to have established trust and timing with Bradford. Conley might be the WR opposite Hill, his skill set doesn't mesh as well with Alex Smith imo but maybe Smith doesn't start the whole year and if Mahomes plays I think his gunslinger mentality could give Conley a boost.
Not very inspiring! That's interesting old buddy. Since we all pass on them at least twice. Maybe that's why they are not inspiring. Of course he did the smart FBGuy thing and scarfed up the Value. He even saved Anderson from the dreaded ww.

I absolutely love your Biabreakdowns every year.   For those who don't know he even did them while serving 2 tours overseas.

Thank you 

Not very inspiring! That's interesting old buddy. Since we all pass on them at least twice. Maybe that's why they are not inspiring. Of course he did the smart FBGuy thing and scarfed up the Value. He even saved Anderson from the dreaded ww.

I absolutely love your Biabreakdowns every year.   For those who don't know he even did them while serving 2 tours overseas.

Thank you 
I was trying to go negative because thats what David likes, but I am still Minnesota nice.. so hard to muster some scathing commentary for me. What you get is a bit milk toast passive criticism I think there.  ;)

I know my bias against the Packers is irrational and a form of handicap I deal with in Fantasy going on a couple decades now. I can't shake that though and hold my nose and draft their players until they really scream value to me.

I do like all of those WR (except Cobb who can go to hell) and I was considering them, had them in my predraft lists. Likely better picks than Treadwell or Kendall Wright picks later on by me.

I was trying to go negative because thats what David likes, but I am still Minnesota nice.. so hard to muster some scathing commentary for me. What you get is a bit milk toast passive criticism I think there.  ;)

I know my bias against the Packers is irrational and a form of handicap I deal with in Fantasy going on a couple decades now. I can't shake that though and hold my nose and draft their players until they really scream value to me.

I do like all of those WR (except Cobb who can go to hell) and I was considering them, had them in my predraft lists. Likely better picks than Treadwell or Kendall Wright picks later on by me.
At that point in the draft I looked around and said Hell no I'm not letting Frank Gore just go. Same with Charles Clay in RND 9, RND 9. So, once again I changed my mo on the fly.

This League 2 has changed.

I had Gore as my top guy in predraft list in both leagues at points, but did not land him.

Reading good things about Mack from Pagano today. Pagano is not a coach I put much faith in what he says however.

Clay was really good in Miami one year, then big money and Rex Ryan kind of ruined that for him. Could be a guy who does really well under the new coaching staff that I don't really know that much about or spent time learning about.

It wasn't intentional on my part but I do think I focused a bit too much on AFC East teams this year. Ended up with a lot of their players.

AJ Derby at 17.08. That's a League-winner right there, fellas. Enjoy the Season!
Love it! Love it! I thought I was going to try to get him late. But, I changed mid stream and went 3rd TE earlier.

What a friggen steal. RND 17. This drink is my GB nittanylion.

Steal of the draft!

I will have to do some reading up on this Derby guy I guess. I flirted with drafting another TE from the Broncos but decided against it.

1.15 - Falcons, TMQB, ATL - 3rd TMQB drafted. Finished as #2 overall scorer in 2016, more than 50 points ahead of #3. That was largely because they made the Super Bowl, and, while that may not happen again, this should be a playoff team, with a solid chance at multiple playoff games. I never drafted a TMQB close to this early in Anarchy, so this is a new strategy.

2.2 - Jordy Nelson, WR, GB - 7th WR drafted. Finished as #3 WR in 2016. Also finished as #3 WR in 2014, with a season lost to injury in between. Surprised he lasted to this pick. This should be a playoff team, with a solid chance at multiple playoff games.

3.15 - Julian Edelman, WR, NE - 21st WR drafted. Since 2013, has only finished below WR #10 in total points in Anarchy format once (2015), and he was WR #8 in ppg in that season. Many seem to assume that Cooks will hammer Edelman's value, but I still see Edelman as the likely leader in WR targets if healthy. Also wanted a valuable piece of the NE passing game, and Brady, Gronk, and Cooks were all already gone. Expecting multiple playoff games. Great value here IMO.

4.2 - Michael Crabtree, WR, OAK - 22nd WR drafted. Finished as WR #14 last season, despite losing QB Carr for game 16 and the playoffs. Considered Fitz here, but took Crabtree because of seemingly greater probability of making the playoffs and playing more games.

5.15 - C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, HOU - 19th TE drafted. Finished as TE #13 last season in a mini 3rd-year breakout, that level of performance (59/630/5 in 17 games) seems repeatable, with mild upside beyond that. Solid chance at playoff game(s).

6.2 - Antonio Gates, TE, Chargers - 20th TE drafted. Finished as TE #15 last season, playing in just 14 games. I doubt he will repeat that, at least not if Henry stays healthy, but I also doubt his dropoff will be as pronounced as some think, if he stays healthy. He has great chemistry with Rivers, and his snaps were already reduced to primarily red zone and passing downs last season, so there is no reason to expect a further reduction in snaps (again, if he is healthy). Unfortunately, playoffs seem like a long shot. This is definitely a bit of a :homer:  pick.
7.15 - Eddie Lacy, RB, SEA - 28th RB drafted. Swinging for the fences here. It's been a long time since he finished as RB #4 in this format in 2014. Hoping he is focused and ready to rebound, and Carroll is the guy to get that out of him. Signs are positive so far, but still a long way to go. If he earns and holds the starting job and stays healthy - so three if's - good chance at a big season that will probably include multiple playoff games.

8.2 - Doug Martin, RB, TAM - 29th RB drafted. Another rebound candidate who could be great value. Finished as RB #3 in this format in 2015, and all offseason reports have been very strong. Will miss 3 games to open the season, but could earn some of that back in the playoffs if Tampa can earn 1 more win this season.

9.15 - Kenny Britt, WR, CLE - 57th WR drafted. Finished as WR #31 last season in 15 games, playing in the worst offense in the league (by points and yards). Takes the place of Pryor, who finished #23 in this format last season. WR Coleman should be improved, but second leading CLE receiver TE Barnidge is gone, replaced by a rookie, so those things should largely offset. Meanwhile, CLE has upgraded its OL and probably its QB play. No playoffs, but outstanding value here IMO.

10.2 - Jaguars, TMQB, JAX - 23rd TMQB drafted. Finished as TMQB #15 last season after finishing #6 in 2015. Bortles played through multiple injuries last season, so he could be better. His targets should be better/healthier. the running game should be upgraded, which could in turn help the passing game. Solid value here, even with no chance at playoff points. More importantly, letting this position slide to the 11/12 round turn could have dropped 50-150 fantasy points, and I didn't want to take that risk.

11.15 - Marqise Lee, WR, JAX - Back to back JAX picks... :mellow: . 66th WR drafted. Had a minor breakout season in 2016 - finished as WR #44, and was WR #22 in the second half of the regular season. As noted above, Bortles could be healthier and thus better this season. Hurns missed 5 games last season, which helped. Good upside for this draft position, despite no playoffs.

12.2 - Matt Prater, PK, DET - 9th PK drafted. Finished as PK #5 last season and plays home games in a dome. Could get playoff points. Anticipated a PK run before my next pick, so wanted to draft my first and be in position to draft my second at the 13/14 turn to avoid getting stuck with a one of the PKs at risk for losing his job.
13.15 - Kenny Stills, WR, MIA - 70th WR drafted. Finished as WR #45 last season. Re-signed by MIA to a $32M contract in the offseason, and should remain the team's top deep threat. Could get playoff points. Great value at this point of the draft, even if Tannehill's injury is serious.

14.2 - Nick Novak, PK, HOU - 22nd PK drafted. Finished as PK #4 last season. Could get playoff points. Avoided the PK dregs.

15.15 - Jamaal Charles, RB, DEN - 57th RB drafted. More swinging for the fences at RB. Charles is the most talented RB on the roster, so if he is back to full health, he could dominate this backfield. Even if not, he could easily put up 800/5 or something like that, which is good value at this point in the draft.

16.2 - Rex Burkhead, RB, NE - 59th RB drafted. Finished as RB #60 last season. Now in a crowded backfield in NE, but I think he will have a bigger role there than he did in CIN, and he should have multiple playoff games. He has a shot at 100 fantasy points, which is hard to find in a RB this deep into the draft.

17.15 - Redskins, DEF, WAS - 28th defense drafted. Finished as defense #29 last season. However, the defense should be improved via the draft (DT Allen, edge rusher Anderson, CB Moreau) and free agency (ILB Brown, FS Swearinger).

18.2 - Lions, DEF, DET - 29th defense drafted. Finished as defense #26 last season. The defense should be improved via the draft (MLB Davis, CB Tabor) and better health for Ansah and Ngata.

---

Summary:

• TMQB - Falcons, Jaguars - Falcons make this a strong pair
  • RB - Lacy, Martin, Charles, Burkhead - very high ceiling group
  • WR - Nelson, Edelman, Crabtree, Britt, Lee, Stills - without reviewing everyone's rosters, this has to be one of the top WR groups in the league
  • TE - Fiedorowicz, Gates - good value on both players after 18 other TEs had gone off the board
  • PK - Prater, Novak - avoided getting caught up in the PK run but still got good value players who should have job security
  • DEF - Redskins, Lions - weak pairing, but DEF #20 and DEF #29 were only separated by 16 points last season, so didn't sacrifice too much by waiting on this position
Overall, I like this roster. This group has potential for a lot of playoff games. I am optimistic that this is a contender if this team can avoid significant injuries. :football:  

How so? :popcorn:  
QBs early, first round early. TEs left on the board while RBs were being taken. K and Def successfully forced earlier than usual. The K and Def was not successfully taken this early in my memory in A2.

This is not a bad thing. I adjusted same as everyone else.

I love the write ups and participation.  I wish I could type faster.

Number of picks per team (with 1 free agent):

• ARI 8
  • ATL 9
  • BAL 9
  • BUF 8
  • CAR 9
  • CHI 9
  • CIN 11
  • CLE 7
  • DAL 9
  • DEN 10
  • DET 8
  • FA 1 (Barnidge)
  • GBP 10
  • HOU 9
  • IND 10
  • JAC 7
  • KCC 8
  • LAC 9
  • LAR 9
  • MIA 9
  • MIN 9
  • NEP 12
  • NOS 10
  • NYG 8
  • NYJ 8
  • OAK 8
  • PHI 9
  • PIT 9
  • SEA 9
  • SFO 8
  • TBB 9
  • TEN 9
  • WAS 11
No surprise that New England led the way, but hard to see all 4 RBs drafted delivering value.

A bit more surprising that CIN and WAS had the second highest totals.

No surprise that CLE and JAC had the lowest totals.

Every team should have a minimum of 7 players drafted from it. 1 QB 1 K 1 DT 2 WR 1 TE 1 RB which is what CLE and JAX have drafted.

A 3rd WR or a 2nd RB brings that total up to 8 players, eight teams have that many players.

For 9 players this means either a 4th WR 3rd RB or a 2nd TE also drafted. This gets sketchy. Likely at least one of these players should not have been drafted. 15 teams have 9 players selected.

The Saints, Colts, Packers, Broncos have 10 players selected. I can understand the Saints and Packers who have high powered offenses, although at least one of these players and likely two of them should not have been drafted. If Luck isn't healthy there could be a lot of regrets about these picks. I am not sure why Denver has so many players drafted. No one is sure who the RB or TE will be I guess.

Washington has a lot of new players making it uncertain who their WR will be still not sure why there were 11 players from this team selected. The Bengals used their 1st and 2nd round picks on skill players. They are pretty loaded as far as that goes, so it makes sense. At the same time two or more of these players wont do much or Dalton is going to be very good.

12 players from NE and 4 RB is kind of nuts. Not sure why people always seem to fall for NE RB.

Last year, NE had the #6, #22, and #59 ranked RB's (that last one was Lewis, who missed half the season). There were 67 RB's drafted this year in A2. The #67 RB scored 46 points last season. You don't think NE could have 4 backs score 46 points, with a decent shot at playing 19 games?

The 4 backs they have this year (granted not playing together) ranked #22, #31, #59, and #60 last year . . . and none of them were starting RB's.

You may be on to something in the TEAM X can't support Y number of players. For example, 9 options were taken from the Rams, meaning 6 players not QB, DEF, or PK were drafted. Last year they placed Britt (88), Gurley (144), Austin (159), and Quick (203). Their next player ranked 367th. Even their 3 QB / DEF / PK picks were not very productive. So I might be more surprised there were 9 Rams players selected than 12 Patriots players.

On the surface, you would think drafting 11 Redskins would be a lot, but they actually had 11 guys score in the final rundown of top scoring players. The Patriots had 13, so taking 12 this year is not a stretch.

Now 10 players were drafted from the Rams:

• 2.11 27 JeremyX13 GurleyTodd LAR RB
  • 3.01 33 Biabreakable Watkins Sammy BUF WR PIT9
  • 11.05 165 BroncoFreak 2K3 Woods Robert LAR WR
  • 11.08 168 nittanylion Austin Tavon LAR WR
  • 13.01 193 Biabreakable Everett Gerald LAR TE
  • 13.04 196 CalBear Rams Los Angeles LAR TMQB
  • 15.06 230 JeremyX13 Zuerlein Greg LAR PK
  • 16.06 246 Reaper Rams Los Angeles LAR Def
  • 17.06 262 JeremyX13 Higbee Tyler LAR TE
  • 18.05 277 Duckboy Kupp Cooper LAR WR
All of Woods, Austin, and Kupp seemingly just took value hits. At least none of them were drafted before Round 11.

Rams TMQB seemingly gets a nice bump.

Now 10 players were drafted from the Rams:

• 2.11 27 JeremyX13 GurleyTodd LAR RB
  • 3.01 33 Biabreakable Watkins Sammy BUF WR PIT9
  • 11.05 165 BroncoFreak 2K3 Woods Robert LAR WR
  • 11.08 168 nittanylion Austin Tavon LAR WR
  • 13.01 193 Biabreakable Everett Gerald LAR TE
  • 13.04 196 CalBear Rams Los Angeles LAR TMQB
  • 15.06 230 JeremyX13 Zuerlein Greg LAR PK
  • 16.06 246 Reaper Rams Los Angeles LAR Def
  • 17.06 262 JeremyX13 Higbee Tyler LAR TE
  • 18.05 277 Duckboy Kupp Cooper LAR WR
All of Woods, Austin, and Kupp seemingly just took value hits. At least none of them were drafted before Round 11.

Rams TMQB seemingly gets a nice bump.
Seems like a lot of draft capital invested in a team that ranked last in scoring last year (40 points behind the #31 team) and last in yardage (727 yards behind the #31 team). By comparison in Anarchy accounting, the Rams scored 34.5% of what the Falcons scored (648 total scoreboard points in 19 games) and 53.2% of the Falcons total offensive yardage (7,912 yards of total offense in 19 games).

Noteworthy high/low position concentrations per NFL team:

• 4 RBs

NE: Gilislee, Burkhead, White, Lewis - discussed above

[*]1 RB

• DAL: Elliott - it seems in retrospect that McFadden and/or Morris should have been drafted

[*]4 WRs

• CHI: Meredith, White, Wright, Cruz - this offense will be challenged to support 2 viable fantasy WRs, much less 4; odd concentration
  • DAL: Bryant, Beasley, Williams, Butler - Butler was a left field pick and seems very unlikely to pan out

[*]2 WRs

• BUF: Watkins (Matthews), Jones - suspect Boldin would have been drafted if he was signed sooner
  • CAR: Benjamin, Funchess - moderately surprising that Samuel wasn't drafted
  • CLE: Coleman, Britt - the only surprise here is that Britt was available at 9.15  :thumbup:
  • KC: Hill, Conley - the only surprise here is that Hill went at 3.9
  • NYJ: Enunwa, Anderson - as expected, though would not have been surprised if Stewart was drafted late; tough break for @Stephen Holloway on Enunwa, but he also got Anderson at 17.7, so that might help offset the loss somewhat... though one could rightfully question the wisdom of drafting 2 NYJ WRs this season...
  • OAK: Cooper, Crabtree - moderately surprising that Roberts wasn't drafted, given he finished #72 last season
  • SEA: Baldwin, Lockett - not surprising, but IMO Lockett was a reach at 10.3
  • SF: Garcon, Robinson - surprised to see Robinson drafted at all; would have expected Goodwin and/or Kerley to be taken ahead of him

[*]0 TEs

• JAX: a bit surprising that Rivera wasn't drafted; Julius Thomas finished #34 last season despite missing several games, so there is some potential there
  • SF: surprising that none of McDonald, Celek, or Kittle were drafted; last season, McDonald and Celek each had 111 points, and the offense should be (arguably) improved this season

[*]2 PKs

• CAR - Gano, Butker - @Stephen Holloway or @There it is is probably looking at a zero here
  • CIN - Elliott, Bullock - @Reaper or @Sinrman is probably looking at a zero here
  • This type of situation is why I want to avoid being one of the last to draft a PK

[*]0 PKs

• Meanwhile, no one drafted a PK from either CLE or NYG

Not sure why I didn't draft McFail or Morris at RB. I just wasn't thinking about Dallas back up RB. I regret that already with the Elliot suspension news giving these guys a boost. Not like I was unaware of this situation either. I guess I just assumed they were gone.

4 Bears WR does seem like too many but I think White should not have been drafted. I took Kendal Wright because I can see him being the Bears 2nd WR this season. In first preseason game Wright is ahead of Cruz. In watching Trubisky, I was pleasently surprised how well he played. Cruz had at least two drops. Thompkins made several catches, he might be a come out of nowhere player for them this year. He looked pretty good.

I don't think Butler was a out of left field pick. A lot of Dallas homers have been saying he will start over Williams for awhile now. He looked good in the first preseason game. Williams is perhaps the guy who should not have been drafted.

I don't think Samuel is going to make much of an impact as a rookie. If he does I will be surprised.

For Oakland Seth Roberts or Patterson? I did consider Patterson but then I wised up. 

I don't even know who Robinson is (SF) so I agree with some surprise there. Not a fan of Goodwin or Kerley either.

No Jax TE mades sense as those guys will be blocking and thats about it. Bortles will throw the ball much less.

I was considering Kittle but didn't end up pulling the trigger. I know McDonald isn't good, but he will still likely be in Kittles way for part of the season.

I agree about the kicker situation, why I won't wait on them anymore either. Been bitten by that too many times already. Whoever drafted Aguayo looks to be taking a zero there also.

I don't think Butler was a out of left field pick. A lot of Dallas homers have been saying he will start over Williams for awhile now. He looked good in the first preseason game. Williams is perhaps the guy who should not have been drafted.
I hadn't heard that about Butler. Where have you been seeing this?

You never know about PK's...guys can get cut and then picked up again....those looking like they are in trouble now may not necessarily get zeros....also surprised about CH WR's Im staying far away even if I miss on Meredith production or something alwatys seems like there is a better option somewhere around those guys....Hill was drafted as WR18 and finished last year as WR19 and now in line for more snaps and touches...didnt DAL just resign Williams to a pretty nice contract..?...didnt realize the Butler stuff...JAC TE's, I agree with BIA about their role and I think Riv is dinged and their was some speculation that they would bring i a guy like Barnige who would have made Riv even more worthless than he kind of is already....

in theory, in this format where almost everybody is going to just take 4 RB's it can be tough to take the backup of high drafted bell cow...if its a later drafted bell cow type where you think the backup may actually have a shot to take over the job....its a little different (think Hunt/Ware)....but that aint happening with a guy like Zeke...as the Zeke owner in THIS format its tough to take McF or Morris as you are really hoping for a zero from them....for a non Zeke owner drafting McF or Morris you would kinda be throwing your hands up are just trying to catch lightning in a bottle with an injury or lengthy suspension....otherwise realistically you are looking at darn near a zero and you may be better off snagging a guy that maybe has a defined 3rd down role or something....in THIS format if you KNEW before the season you would get 6 weeks of starter from a guy and then 10 weeks of zeros where would you draft them...?....in this format I can make a case for the backups of some guys not being drafted....

Possible I am wrong about the Butler stuff. I didn't know they resigned WIlliams. I was just listening to some Cowboys fans who didn't seem to like Williams.

Biabreakable said:
I agree about the kicker situation, why I won't wait on them anymore either. Been bitten by that too many times already. Whoever drafted Aguayo looks to be taking a zero there also.
I took Car K Gano in the top half of K's in RND 12.  I thought he was safe and possible play offs. If I didn't ddo enough home work then I congratulate Steve for waiting

5 1/2 days till the end of RND 18 to dig through the slop on the bottom and take the shot.

glgb :unsure:

Possible I am wrong about the Butler stuff. I didn't know they resigned WIlliams. I was just listening to some Cowboys fans who didn't seem to like Williams.
Wiliams signed a 4 year $17.5M contract, with $9.5M guaranteed, including full salary for first two seasons. It seems that Dallas expected him to start for at least the next two seasons when they signed him to that contract. And they drafted Switzer to potentially be Beasley's long term successor. I don't know much about Butler, but he looks like their #4 WR at best.

Jets Kicker up in the air too, if not mentioned yet

17h17 hours ago

Another perfect day for Ross Martin & another rough one for Chandler Catanzaro. It's safe to say this is Martin's job to lose #Jets

Brian Costello‏Verified account @BrianCoz  18h18 hours ago

More

Ross Martin 7-for-7 on FGs. Catanzaro 3-for-6 #nyj

Not sure why I didn't draft McFail or Morris at RB. I just wasn't thinking about Dallas back up RB. I regret that already with the Elliot suspension news giving these guys a boost. Not like I was unaware of this situation either. I guess I just assumed they were gone.

4 Bears WR does seem like too many but I think White should not have been drafted. I took Kendal Wright because I can see him being the Bears 2nd WR this season. In first preseason game Wright is ahead of Cruz. In watching Trubisky, I was pleasently surprised how well he played. Cruz had at least two drops. Thompkins made several catches, he might be a come out of nowhere player for them this year. He looked pretty good.

I don't think Samuel is going to make much of an impact as a rookie. If he does I will be surprised.

For Oakland Seth Roberts or Patterson? I did consider Patterson but then I wised up. 

I don't even know who Robinson is (SF) so I agree with some surprise there. Not a fan of Goodwin or Kerley either.

No Jax TE mades sense as those guys will be blocking and thats about it. Bortles will throw the ball much less.

I was considering Kittle but didn't end up pulling the trigger. I know McDonald isn't good, but he will still likely be in Kittles way for part of the season.

living in atl I saw enough of robinson last year to see what he can do in shanahans offense

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/8/12/16137996/49ers-vs-chiefs-snap-count-aldrick-robinson-wide-receiver

Just looking at some game logs from preseason.

Looks like Rob Kelly had 9 carries for nine yards in the Redskins first three drives. At this rate they will be in field goal range by the 4th quarter.

Summary:

• TMQB - Falcons, Jaguars - Falcons make this a strong pair
  • RB - Lacy, Martin, Charles, Burkhead - very high ceiling group
  • WR - Nelson, Edelman, Crabtree, Britt, Lee, Stills - without reviewing everyone's rosters, this has to be one of the top WR groups in the league
  • TE - Fiedorowicz, Gates - good value on both players after 18 other TEs had gone off the board
  • PK - Prater, Novak - avoided getting caught up in the PK run but still got good value players who should have job security
  • DEF - Redskins, Lions - weak pairing, but DEF #20 and DEF #29 were only separated by 16 points last season, so didn't sacrifice too much by waiting on this position
Overall, I like this roster. This group has potential for a lot of playoff games. I am optimistic that this is a contender if this team can avoid significant injuries. :football:  
First significant injury is probably enough to derail this team's chances. Getting a zero from a 3rd round pick in this format is almost impossible to overcome.

8.16    128.    Hunt, Kareem KCC RB    I really like Hunt and I can see him becoming the Chiefs feature RB. Spencer Ware is also a good player which is why I was able to still get Hunt this late. I like his chances to be the top scoring RB for KC who does have playoff potential as well, although the AFC West has 3 teams who are serious contenders to make it in my opinion.
Could be SOD now

Users who are viewing this thread