What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Entering Canada With a DUI (1 Viewer)

Jobber

Footballguy
I read that you can be turned away if yiu have a DUI on your record. Is this really a thing? Mine is from about 1995, so maybe they cut me some slack?

I read that you can be turned away if yiu have a DUI on your record. Is this really a thing? Mine is from about 1995, so maybe they cut me some slack?
I wouldn't just wait until you get to the border and wing it. It's a real thing. Good luck. 

You can pay a fee to prove you have been "rehabilitated". Its ~$155 usd. It can take up to six months however you can get a temp pass for work.

I had a buddy that got a dui in like '98 get into Vancouver about a month ago. Also about 10 years ago had a buddy get turned back at vancouver after driving from seattle on his way to whistler for a dui (however his was more recent).

If you arent rehabilitated its up to the discretion of the immigration officer at the boarder as to whether or not they will check and if they do, whether they let you in or not.   

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp

Watching this show on nexflix "Canada boarder patrol" its pretty comical, but you're good with a DUI if its a 10+ years old. 

Worth a watch if you have some spare time. 

Over 10 years you should be fine.
This is right.  Also do not lie at the border about anything.   Spent 3 days in a Brandon Manitoba jail 15 years ago.   went to court in shackles.   I know what I'm talking about.   You will need a passport to get across.

I think your fine.  I had dui in 2004 and have drove and flown in half dozen times since including on my occupational in 2005.  If they asked I would say no 

This is right.  Also do not lie at the border about anything.   Spent 3 days in a Brandon Manitoba jail 15 years ago.   went to court in shackles.   I know what I'm talking about.   You will need a passport to get across.
Crap man, did you lie about something?

also, don't joke about anything.  We went through with a couple of cars a few years ago on a fishing trip, and we joked: "better check those guys behind us."  They had us pull over and empty our car.   :own3d:

Crap man, did you lie about something?
DUI in Canada during a golf trip.  Arrested on Friday-no court date until Monday.  12 guys in my cell block.   10 native americans-1 black-then me.   broke(bolt cutters) my impounded car out of impound & made a run for the border at 4:ooAM on Thursday.

DUI in Canada during a golf trip.  Arrested on Friday-no court date until Monday.  12 guys in my cell block.   10 native americans-1 black-then me.   broke(bolt cutters) my impounded car out of impound & made a run for the border at 4:ooAM on Thursday.
Canadians are too nice to stop you.  Rock on.

true story & 2 of the guys in my cell block were in for murder awaiting transfer to the Max in Edmonton.  Food was terrible.  rolled our own cigarettes.  most of my cellmates watched cartoons on Saturday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread