What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Anarchy League 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Here you can find the 2017 Anarchy League 6 league site. The draft is not scheduled yet, and I hope to kick things off later this week after I finishing setting up all the leagues.
Draft order:

01 - Extreme_montage
02 - Ben & Jerry's
03 - Mr. Irrelevant
04 - Go DC Yourself
05 - Genester
06 - Mavis
07 - Biabreakable
08 - Hawkeye21
09 - CobaltCruisin'
10 - bro1ncos
11 - Ruffrodys
12 - Grigs Allmoon
13 - ItsOnlyTheRiver
14 - mikeya2k
15 - Jason Wood
16 - ryheaps

NOTE: Minor scoring changes for this year:
1) Successful defensive returns on extra points will score 2 points to that DEF/ST.
2) Players that score TD's on special team returns will now score 6 points (I thought it was set up this way all along).

I see you guys read the fine print about David being susceptible to bribes and flattery. ;)

Thanks for the 7 hole Anarchy! My investment is paying off already. 

I see you guys read the fine print about David being susceptible to bribes and flattery. ;)

Thanks for the 7 hole Anarchy! My investment is paying off already. 
Very well, sir. You're... not only handsome, but a powerful man. I could see the second you walked in here, you were someone to reckon with...

Seems extreme montage is having trouble with wanting the first pick. Is that allowed, switching picks?

Does Extreme even know he signed up for this draft?  In the first round almost everyone should have pre-draft selections made.

Does Extreme even know he signed up for this draft?  In the first round almost everyone should have pre-draft selections made.
He's quite aware.  According to the league site he checked in about 11 hours ago.  He had the first pick.  He could have used the pre-draft function.

He's quite aware.  According to the league site he checked in about 11 hours ago.  He had the first pick.  He could have used the pre-draft function.
He could not. MFL does not let the first overall pick be pre-drafted. But very few people are aware of that.

Thanks for correcting me.  Probably an indication that I've never picked first in a slow draft.
This issue has come up in these leagues in the past, but I forgot about it. I should have indicated that to people beforehand. I remember alerting MFL to this problem and essentially was told that's just how it is.

We avoided this issue the last several years because I just turned the drafts on and didn't set a fixed start time. I thought it would be more interesting to have all the leagues start at the same time this time around, as that way no league would have an advantage to be able to see how the other leagues had drafted.

Hopefully things will get kick started soon and we can avoid other delays . . .

Can't time out on the very first pick of this type of draft on MFL.com, because technically the draft hasnt started until that first pick registers in the system.  And like Commish said, the first pick actually has to be picked by the owner and can't be predrafted, which is how it's always been on MFL.com and indeed makes absolutely no sense.  

He was notified when the draft was starting and may well have tried to pre-draft a pick. The system would not tell him he couldn't do it. I will try to email him again.
Yeah I had to wait for 7 EST to get the first pick in for league two.

I emailed Mr. Montage around this time as well.

A full day has gone by and couldn't even make it through round one.  What's worse is that it wouldn't even have been a full round in a 12 team draft.

A full day has gone by and couldn't even make it through round one.  What's worse is that it wouldn't even have been a full round in a 12 team draft.
Thus why it is called a SLOW draft and why we are doing this a month and a half before the season starts. I can find participants and set up the leagues. I can't make people draft in a timely manner. 

There is no good way to deal with people not picking quickly. In the past using a draft timer, skipping people's picks and then having them give me a pick when they had an opportunity dramatically altered the chances for that team. There were times when they emailed who they wanted but I wasn't available and the player they wanted got picked AFTER they emailed me. Then what? Give them that player? Don't give that player? Making changes to guys already drafted would change what other owners could pick from.

How about have the system generated a player for them? When we tried that, owners could end up with a player that was hurt and out for the season. Then I tried making picks for people, but those owners would get peeved if I picked someone they didn't want and would drop out. I have enough issues getting people to fill out the leagues, and realistically, who wants to take over a team that someone else already picked half the players?

I try to stay on top of things and reach out to people to pick, but I can't babysit everyone all the time.

Thus why it is called a SLOW draft and why we are doing this a month and a half before the season starts. I can find participants and set up the leagues. I can't make people draft in a timely manner. 

There is no good way to deal with people not picking quickly. In the past using a draft timer, skipping people's picks and then having them give me a pick when they had an opportunity dramatically altered the chances for that team. There were times when they emailed who they wanted but I wasn't available and the player they wanted got picked AFTER they emailed me. Then what? Give them that player? Don't give that player? Making changes to guys already drafted would change what other owners could pick from.

How about have the system generated a player for them? When we tried that, owners could end up with a player that was hurt and out for the season. Then I tried making picks for people, but those owners would get peeved if I picked someone they didn't want and would drop out. I have enough issues getting people to fill out the leagues, and realistically, who wants to take over a team that someone else already picked half the players?

I try to stay on top of things and reach out to people to pick, but I can't babysit everyone all the time.
I don't think you should be responsible for anything.  You've had to do enough just getting it organized.  It's the responsibility of the people joining the league to actually pay attention and make picks in a timely manner.  It's not that hard to check occasionally to make your picks and when you know you're going to be away for a while enter in a bunch of pre-draft picks.

Right now it's the weekend so I don't expect a lot of action and that makes sense.  I know it can get pretty slow towards the end of the draft as well but the first round should be the fastest.  I'll try not to complain too much but I just really enjoy doing drafts and get impatient when a lot of time passes between picks.

This might be a terrible idea, but one thought is to designate one Anarchy league as the slow league. The 16 slowest drafters one year all get relegated to the slow league the next year. You can get moved back to your old league the following year as long as you draft fast enough during your season in the slow league.

Not a good sign with this new guy.  Picking 14th, he makes a pick on Sat. afternoon/evening, and then apparently doesn't check in at all that night or all Sunday to see if the four picks have been made bringing it back to him.

Not a good sign with this new guy.  Picking 14th, he makes a pick on Sat. afternoon/evening, and then apparently doesn't check in at all that night or all Sunday to see if the four picks have been made bringing it back to him.
Just checked in this morning and I'm kinda shuked no picks have been made in over 24 hours.....

Just checked in this morning and I'm kinda shuked no picks have been made in over 24 hours.....
Yeah, even if timer is off or its the weekend or you are busy, it goes to show the interest one takes it would appear.  With technology now and days, not being available at some point is silly. The amount I get done in 5 minutes on the toilet is astounding. lol 

The guy holding us up for nearly two days, Mikeya2k, is drafting in another league that I am in, and drafted within the past couple of hours.  I tried to get his attention through that league, but no response.  I'd suggest replacing him at this point.

He isn't in two Anarchy Leagues. I picked for him. If he doesn't show up, I will either replace him or continue to pick for him.

lol, yes...but this is just an FYI as yous aid you may want to pick for him eventually. Also, he already timed out, so isnt his clock less?
There is no clock on at the moment. I only turn the clock on if things get way out of hand for multiple people. If he doesn't pick by later this evening I will pick for him again (and likely give him the boot).

There is no clock on at the moment. I only turn the clock on if things get way out of hand for multiple people. If he doesn't pick by later this evening I will pick for him again (and likely give him the boot).
Good to know and thats up to you, just was reading the thread and he was up, so wanted to give you a heads up. 

1.03 - Antonio Brown (WR1). I'll just quote David from L2 here to save time:

1.03 - Antonio Brown (WR1)
Probably the safest pick there is. Almost a mortal lock for at least 100-1200-10 with upside for way more and playoff points. Averaged 374 points over the past 4 seasons. Would have taken him first overall.
2.14 - Colts TMQB (QB6). Reached a bit for my first QB in the interest of ceiling over floor. Obviously Luck's health status is completely up in the air and I don't trust the Colts' front office further than I could throw them, but there are a literal handful of QBs capable of 500-point seasons, and he's one of them.

3.03 - Jimmy Graham (TE5). You can't win in a 2PPR league without at least one stud at the position. RW3 will certainly improve on his 21 TDs from last year and Graham should be the primary beneficiary. Multiple playoff games seem likely.

4.14 - Eric Ebron (TE12). At this stage I gave serious thought to stacking AB, Martavis here, and Big Ben at 5.03 - no idea if that would have been the sharpest or dumbest Anarchy roster ever. In the end I chickened out and grabbed the last TE in his tier. Should get additional TD opportunities with red-zone hog Boldin gone.

5.03 - Golden Tate (WR27). So I wound up doubling up on pass-catchers anyway; an above-average team that'll throw 600+ times seems like a good place to plant that flag. Figure I might as well go high-floor now as I'm sure to be throwing plenty of darts later on. Tate should put up numbers better than or very close to Landry's at a full round discount.

Not unhappy with this start, although I appear to have learned nothing from last year when I lost out on a title bid primarily because I waited so long on RB that I wound up with Chris Ivory headlining my squad.  :(

1.03 - Antonio Brown (WR1). I'll just quote David from L2 here to save time:

2.14 - Colts TMQB (QB6). Reached a bit for my first QB in the interest of ceiling over floor. Obviously Luck's health status is completely up in the air and I don't trust the Colts' front office further than I could throw them, but there are a literal handful of QBs capable of 500-point seasons, and he's one of them.

3.03 - Jimmy Graham (TE5). You can't win in a 2PPR league without at least one stud at the position. RW3 will certainly improve on his 21 TDs from last year and Graham should be the primary beneficiary. Multiple playoff games seem likely.

4.14 - Eric Ebron (TE12). At this stage I gave serious thought to stacking AB, Martavis here, and Big Ben at 5.03 - no idea if that would have been the sharpest or dumbest Anarchy roster ever. In the end I chickened out and grabbed the last TE in his tier. Should get additional TD opportunities with red-zone hog Boldin gone.

5.03 - Golden Tate (WR27). So I wound up doubling up on pass-catchers anyway; an above-average team that'll throw 600+ times seems like a good place to plant that flag. Figure I might as well go high-floor now as I'm sure to be throwing plenty of darts later on. Tate should put up numbers better than or very close to Landry's at a full round discount.

Not unhappy with this start, although I appear to have learned nothing from last year when I lost out on a title bid primarily because I waited so long on RB that I wound up with Chris Ivory headlining my squad.  :(
I'm honestly surprised how early RBs are going.  In a 2 QB league that offers PPR only to WRs and TEs the value of RBs drop significantly.  I thought David Johnson going first overall was a mistake even though it's and obvious choice in standard scoring leagues.

I'm honestly surprised how early RBs are going.  In a 2 QB league that offers PPR only to WRs and TEs the value of RBs drop significantly.  I thought David Johnson going first overall was a mistake even though it's and obvious choice in standard scoring leagues.
at some point....every team HAS TO HAVE at least 4 RB's....soooo they may not light up the scoreboard, but you are still putting your 4 up against 15 other guys 4...with the attitude you express, one could look at it that it actually opens up an opportunity to sperate from the pack a little bit at that position....

I thought AB was a no-brainer 1.01 in this format for that reason, although DJ gets so much sheer yardage from his receptions that even at 0PPR he's a defensible choice.

IMO the positional breakdown as I write this (18 RB, 28 WR, 12 TE) is amazingly sensible; last year WR28 and TE12 outscored RB18 by 30 and 40 raw points, but by VBD relative to the last required positional slot (RB64, WR80, TE32), RB18 would have actually been the best investment of the three. Long story short, we're definitely not drafting with a bunch of jamokes here.  :D

Users who are viewing this thread