What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst thing you've ever found in your food? (1 Viewer)

Found a piece of glass in my steak taco once 

free meal and another pitcher of margaritas on the house

a dead yellowjacket embedded in a scallop.

a ladle.   apparently the scoop fell off and nobody noticed it

A small chunk of wood in my Smartfood.  Took photos of it and send a letter to Frito-Lay.  They sent me a letter of apology, a giant box filled with assorted snack foods, and 10 coupons for free Smartfood.  

I had a bloody band aid in a Subway sub. I took a bite and with the lettuce falling out came a bloody band aid.

My wife had a huge live moth in her salad..she thought she was seeing things.  The moth was flapping around with Italian dressing on its wings.

I bought a loaf of French bread from Vons once (the kind they make there in the store).  There was a big kitchen knife baked into the bottom of it.

I kept it and still use it to this day.

Yellow mayo on a Bill Lee's hamburger.
Let's not disparage such a pinnacle of fine dining.

I still remember that ####stick getting pissed at me because I didn't find the roach in the mountain of fried rice for a 20 person party. He now had to comp the huge party's bill and that was apparently on me. In my head I was thinking, "Do we have some sort of rice sifter or PKE roach detector that I don't know about? Or does he expect me to paw through every pile of rice before it goes out to the dining room?"

I still remember that ####stick getting pissed at me because I didn't find the roach in the mountain of fried rice for a 20 person party. He now had to comp the huge party's bill and that was apparently on me. In my head I was thinking, "Do we have some sort of rice sifter or PKE roach detector that I don't know about? Or does he expect me to paw through every pile of rice before it goes out to the dining room?"
:lmao:  Which one was it? Sherman?

:lmao:  Which one was it? Sherman?
Yeah, Sherman carries this ginormous serving tray (probably 30x16 with rice 6-8 inches of deep) into the back. Throws it down in front of me and Joe starts ripping into me about needing to do my job better checking the food before it goes out. To demonstrate, he jabs his fingers into the rice to move it around, and immediately pulls his hand out because it is still steaming hot. Then he grabs some random utensil and start stirring the rice around and digging in it like he is a kid playing in sand at the beach. I am trying not to laugh because the whole thing felt like a Seinfeld episode. 

The two brothers only got pissed at me for quitting. They acted like I was giving up some sort of career and I would regret my decision later in life. I was starting my senior year in high school. I don't want to work Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights from 5-10. I have better things to do - like going to football games and trying to get BJs in the blue Aerostar van.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a hand full of mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups at a local beer distributor. I ate the first one whole. The second one, I took at bite into. As I was about to finish the second one, I noticed something moving. They had little worms in them. The other two I had also had worms in them.

I've never had Peanut Butter Cups again.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 20+ years ago I found a little piece of glass in a can of tuna (can't recall the brand now). Sent the lid and piece of glass to the company. Got a letter and a box of 6 cans of tuna in return. Stuck with that brand exclusively for years after that.

Once found a stick (round, about 3" long, like they used to use for lollipop handles) in a Balance bar. Sent it and the wrapper to the company. Got a letter that told me how important quality control was to them. No apology. No freebie. Nothing to let me know that my business was important to them. Never bought another one.

Found a long hair in the 1st bite of my tuna burger at a local restaurant. Never went back. To be fair, I never let them know. When my party was done,I did kind of expect the waitress to ask about the full plate of food as she was removing it from the table though.

Was drinking margaritas while camping with friends. At one point I was chewing on the lime wedge from my drink and thought it didn't seem very juicy. Spit it back into my cup and noticed it was a moth. Good thing I had been drinking for a while before that happened. Scooped it out with my fingers and continued my night.

Found a dead fly in a container of macaroni salad that I got at the deli counter in a grocery store. Threw out the whole container (maybe 1/2 a pint).

Had a ribs take out place and a guy showed us a one inch needle like and sharp as hell bone in his pork sandwich. So glad he didn't swallow that thing. 

Wait what?

Users who are viewing this thread