What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington hangs self (1 Viewer)

'sometimes, i dont know why/it doesn't seem to matter how hard you try'

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
These singers/songwriters are absolutely brilliant..but the pain they express in their music is real.  Absolutely awful.  Feel terrible for his family.

Should've stayed, were there signs, I ignored?
Can I help you, not to hurt, anymore?
We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things that we can have, but can't keep

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In the sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
Or quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

I close both locks below the window
I close both blinds and turn away
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey

In cards and flowers on your window
Your friends all plead for you to stay
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

The sun will set for you

Saw them at what used to be the Tweeter Center in MA in the 2000s (I think after they released meteora)... fantastic concert.  Wasn't a fan of their later stuff but I love meteora. 

RIP

After college, I lived with a buddy at his house.  Many nights I'd watch MTV videos when they came on after midnight and just veg out for a while.  That year I lived there I think they played Crawling pretty much every night.

Their 1st two albums were amazing. Pretty sure Hybrid Theory ended up as the best selling record of the 2000's. They experimented and went some different directions the last decade which saw me stop listening to them, but that 1st album still commands my attention whenever I hear a song from it.

Hybrid Theory came out my freshman year of college and I don't think there were many people I knew that weren't playing that CD on repeat for like an entire year. Funny, I actually am trying to think of how many songs got radio play and it's blowing my mind that I used to listen to the radio.

Hybrid Theory came out my freshman year of college and I don't think there were many people I knew that weren't playing that CD on repeat for like an entire year. Funny, I actually am trying to think of how many songs got radio play and it's blowing my mind that I used to listen to the radio.
That album was the soundtrack to the PS2 skateboarding game that was out back then also.

Was it on Tony Hawk? Those games always had great soundtracks 
Probably, that sounds right, but it was a long time ago and was not my favorite game, maybe too realistic, although I could do a heck of a lot more in game than I ever could in real life.  Logged probably 100x as many hours on SSX snowboarding.

Damn.  Listened to Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory. Loved the combination of Shinoda and Chester--a true yin-yang balance of sounds and singing styles.   The rock/metal side of me absolutely loved when Chester would scream like a madman--but I also loved when he didn't scream his lungs out. I think his reputation as a screamer overshadowed his immense talent as an actual singer.  This link will probably get my man card revoked in the FFA--but this cover of Adeles Rolling in the Deep shows some of his vocal range as a non screamer.  RIP to a person that played a big part in my life not only in regards to entertainment ---but to playing a part in triggering my emotions through music.   

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtwZ07N1ic

This was one of the bands that both my son and I liked. It was so awesome driving  with him when he was young and listening to LP.

RIP

My brother was saying that Chester and Chris Cornell were good friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
been listening to LP all afternoon. the lyrics of so many of their songs can be interpreted as suicide or suicidal thoughts. with so many friends & family, it's a damn shame he couldn't get any help for what was obviously in his head...

RIP Chester.

Crappy way to go :(
Obviously suicide sucks no matter the method but damn, gotta think that's one of the worst methods.  A guy I was good friends with a decade ago did the same a couple years ago, we hadn't talked in a couple years before that, really regret not having kept in touch with him.  Dude was an army Ranger, had made some bad choices. 

Ugh

41 years old and leaves behind 6 children.

Can't fathom how much pain you have to be in to hang yourself.
Yep.  I'll be the jerk here but suicide with children is one of the most selfish things you can do.  Clearly he had issues but think of your kids. 

Yep.  I'll be the jerk here but suicide with children is one of the most selfish things you can do.  Clearly he had issues but think of your kids. 
Depression (if that's what he had) is a horrible thing. I've dealt with people suffering from depression and it can be a bear to overcome. I understand what you're saying but it's tough for me to judge these guys after seeing what people go through, it can be horrible.

Obviously suicide sucks no matter the method but damn, gotta think that's one of the worst methods.  
It's not like TV where you dangle there choking.  Your body weight breaks your neck and you die instantly... if done correctly.  

Users who are viewing this thread