What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much coffee do you drink? (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
Question comes up often in conversation. Some swear by it, others swear off it. I typically have 2-3 8oz. cups a day. Mostly hot and in the morning, but the periodic 2pm infusion, be it hot or iced, sometimes hits the spot. And you?

I make a 36oz Bubba tankard of very strong iced coffee every morning, whether its 99 degrees or 35 below. gets me thru most days

I make a pot up to the "9" line on the "12" cup pot. My wife will have about a cup and a half. I have the rest. Black. Now of course the "9" line isn't really nine cups. I probably have about 4  a day. I'll drink it until it is gone. Usually by lunch, but sometimes later if it is a busy day. I should add, I work from home. This isn't in addition to work coffee or anything.

One cup in the morning, I wake up an extra 30 minutes or so early just for this. A little cream.

Afternoon cup if I'm by a coffee shop or before going out if I want a little jolt.

Still have an active brick and mortar Barnes and Noble in the neighborhood. Late Saturday afternoon browse with a hot cup of Starbucks is a joy, moreso in the cooler months.

I definitely fall in that "drink too much" coffee category.  I'd probably average 30-35 oz per day.  I always have one large cup in the morning--and typically another medium size cup in the afternoon. On top of that,  about once or twice a week I'll have a small or medium Vietnamese iced coffee on top of my hot coffees.  I probably should start to lower my coffee intake

One cup first thing in the morning every day

One cup mid-afternoon 2 or 3 days per work week

Black, no sugar, no ketchup

When at home I fill to the 12 cup line on the coffee maker. Drink the coffee with cream over two hours. 

On the road I usually have 2 paper cups at the hotel, then hit Starbucks for a trenta iced coffee, no syrup, and a venti pike with cream. 

My day starts with one 10oz cup, a shot of coconut milk creamer and maple syrup as a sweetener. I usually consume about 3/4 of the cup. 

None. Maybe a cup of tea.

I used to work in a place that had free coffee with lots of different k-ups to choose from. Sometimes I'd see a flavor that sounded like some kind of awesome desert. So I'd try it, but it just ends up dumped down the sink.

Warm months. Wake up and while I am making breakfast for the kids, I'll  have two shots of espresso over ice with vanilla coconut milk. Go take a #### when that is done. Make another for my drive/bus/bike commute. 

Cold months. Few cups of french press black 

Coffee is for suckers .. take care of yourself, and you won't need caffeine. Ever.

Hot Lemon water first thing in the morning  is all you really need. I'm talking a whole squeezed lemon in a 8-10oz glass of hot water. 

Haven't had a cup of coffee in 5yrs. Don't miss it. 

Coffee is for suckers .. take care of yourself, and you won't need caffeine. Ever.

Hot Lemon water first thing in the morning  is all you really need. I'm talking a whole squeezed lemon in a 8-10oz glass of hot water. 

What if you dont need it but genuinely enjoy it? 

My wife and i drink a pot a day. I look forward to it. We typically have about 20 different coffees in the house. My wife makes a new mix every day. I try to guess it every morning. 

Or we could just drink crappy hot lemon water. 

I'm an admittedly odd one who only drinks it in the evening.  I don't need it in the morning, but after hearing my wife complain for years about my falling asleep on the couch at night while we watch a tv show or movie together, I started having a cup (10 oz or so) around 8pm.  I still fall asleep in bed just fine when I let myself, but just don't pass out like I used to.

Need is a funny word.  I'm pretty sure I don't need hot lemon water.

Been making my own cold brew the past several months.

2x 400mL w/300mL milk and water

250mL with protein powder for lunch.

FWIW, chug 500mL of water right when I wake up.

I fill my Cuisinart to the 12 cup line and add (using a protein powder scooper) one scoop of regular coffee and one scoop of decaf.

I add a tablespoon of powdered Coffeemate to each cup I have.

I usually drink this pot over the course of the morning, and will save a cup to drink before I hit the gym in the late afternoon.

Everyday routine.

Usually 3 pretty big cups in the morning. 

1 before running. 1 after I'm showered. 1 driving to work. 

No more at work bc our coffee is bad and I've had enough. 

I drink at least one 10 cup pot of :coffee: a day.. Nothing added.

I work from home starting at 5:30am and tend to drink the first pot before anyone else in the house gets up. I make a 2nd pot for them and sometimes have one more cup from that.

As some stated above, I don't "need it", I just enjoy drinking it.
When I go on my Canada vacation twice a year, I might have 1 or two cups a day, but some days none.

I started drinking coffee in elementary school. Always made the family pot of coffee (typically 12 cup Mr Coffee) throughout the 70s and early 80s. Probably drank coffee everyday 1983-89 when I was in the Navy. For most of the 90s I wasn't a coffee drinker, definitely not more than once or twice a week. Moved to NYC in late '99 and have probably consistently drank 300-500+ cups a year 1999-2015. From fall '15 to present, at least two 16 oz coffees per day, everyday. Hot most of the year, iced coffees all summer.

About 10/12ths (or 5/6ths for you fraction simplifiers) of the pot when home, about 48-52 oz at work. Black. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3 cups of regular and 1-2 cups of decaf per day at work since it's always cold in the building (which I prefer.)  And then on the weekends I think the same amount, possibly one more regular.

Users who are viewing this thread