What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teens record, mock man drowning (1 Viewer)

This is really a stark look at how little life is valued by some.  Really a sad commentary on how low some of us have fallen. 

With any luck, the names of these teens will get out and they will be shamed for the rest of their lives.  How disgusting. 

Did the guy not know how to swim?  I saw just a few seconds and it seemed like he was pretty far out in the water if he didn't know how to swim.  What those kids did is just unimaginable to me.

When I saw this headline I was too upset to read the article, can't believe anyone could do this. 

On the news they said Florida has no laws on the book that forces anyone to save someone.
No state should force someone in the position the kids were to try saving a life. 

The kids did something awful no doubt, but the laws are exactly what they should be here. 

Did the guy not know how to swim?  I saw just a few seconds and it seemed like he was pretty far out in the water if he didn't know how to swim.  What those kids did is just unimaginable to me.
The story on yahoo said he was disabled and walked with a cane. Not sure how he got in the water.

No state should force someone in the position the kids were to try saving a life. 

The kids did something awful no doubt, but the laws are exactly what they should be here. 
I agree I guess you can't force anyone to save him as you don't know their swimming ability but the fact they didn't call 911 should definitely be illegal. 

Absolutely awful behavior.

That being said, what is the public response if one of these kids (high on marijuana and possibly impaired) goes into save him and then is pulled under by a panicking drowning victim and dies as well?

Their actions and attitude towards the situation are undoubtedly disgusting, but why was a disabled man with poor swimming ability in the water in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I guess you can't force anyone to save him as you don't know their swimming ability but the fact they didn't call 911 should definitely be illegal. 
Yeah I can't understand how they didn't do that. I could making that illegal in certain situations. But honestly, I'm not sure there's a point in that theoretical law. The vast majority of people would at least call 911 regardless of the law. Idiots and scum like this won't suddenly change because it's the law. 

Yeah I can't understand how they didn't do that. I could making that illegal in certain situations. But honestly, I'm not sure there's a point in that theoretical law. The vast majority of people would at least call 911 regardless of the law. Idiots and scum like this won't suddenly change because it's the law. 
Good point and the fact they are hanging out smoking weed makes them less likely to call police but man what is wrong with some people.  :wall:

I'd like to think I'm jumping in to help the guy but I'd be freaking out the whole time thinking a gator is waiting in there in Florida.  

so is this the kind of thing that has always happened only difference now is we have videos from phones and people that are so moronic they post them? this one was real gross, and i work with kids all the time with behavior issues. this is beyond that, i am hoping it is just bad example of "group thought" 

If this video gave any indication that they were at least tormented by the situation. I could cut them a ton of slack. I mean crazy dude with a cane wanders into that in florida. I would be confused as heck. They were smoking marijuana so i can see not wanting to call the cops. But those wackos were having a ball. Thats messed up.

Absolutely awful behavior.

That being said, what is the public response if one of these kids (high on marijuana and possibly impaired) goes into save him and then is pulled under by a panicking drowning victim and dies as well?

Their actions and attitude towards the situation are undoubtedly disgusting, but why was a disabled man with poor swimming ability in the water in the first place?
Nobody would fault someone for not jumping in... that's completely missing the point and dodging the issue. They didn't just not save him, they actively avoided finding someone to help and actively participated in taking pleasure in someone's death. 

Thats ####ed up. 

Nobody would fault someone for not jumping in... that's completely missing the point and dodging the issue. They didn't just not save him, they actively avoided finding someone to help and actively participated in taking pleasure in someone's death. 

Thats ####ed up. 
Call me what you will but I would indeed fault anyone who is a decent swimmer if they did not jump in. I seem to recall a thread here about saving a drowning stranger vs your own dog, and I offered my strong opinion that anyone favoring the dog was clearly in the wrong. I also recall being in the minority on that stance but to me there is nothing that outranks the value of human life. These kids (and other able-bodied bystanders) should be held to a higher standard.

Drunken Poster said:
I can swim alright, but nowadays the only time I'm around water I'm probably drinking and maybe stoned too, so I'll call you mr wrong
Well, you're not exactly a decent swimmer at that point, right?

Drunken Poster said:
I can swim alright, but nowadays the only time I'm around water I'm probably drinking and maybe stoned too, so I'll call you mr wrong
I'm a really good swimmer so no doubt I would try to help 99.9% of the time but somebody mentioned a good point, if there were signs saying stay out of the water because of gators I'd seriously have to give it thought.

I'd help in any way I can.  Call emergency responders and jump in to get him to shore.  He seemed to be mentally disturbed.  He couldn't swim, walked with a cane and entered a marshy area of a retention pond and continued into the water with this clothes on, which is something no rational person would do.  It was a stupid/insane decision for him to get into the water, but I wouldn't let him drown on my watch.  He needed help and those men didn't give it to him.  I think most of us would help the guy and worry about gators after the fact.

FreeBaGeL said:
Yeah but ironically, even if you weren't jumping in, it's the one time you wouldn't be :lmao:  as these a-holes were.
More idiots bringing stuff from the political threads..... You guys just can't help yourself, can you?

Just goes back to how we are raised. They obviously haven't been taught anything valueable about life and respect so all they know is to watch and laugh, and of course video and post it nowadays. 

These are the kinds of kids that will possibly, in their youth, or grow up and shoot someone with no remorse. And then we'll hear all the adults tell of how good they are. Yeah, they are who they are because they're not taught values/morals by a responsible adult. 

I wouldn't even be surprised if the adults "responsible" for these kids didn't think anything disgusting about the situation at all.

Another sad display of the ugly side of humanity. 

More idiots bringing stuff from the political threads..... You guys just can't help yourself, can you?
:shrug:  He made a post that made total sense about being weary about jumping in because of gators.  I was going to say yeah but at least you wouldn't be laughing and making fun of the guy like these kids.  Then I realized it happened to be our resident  :lmao:  guy saying it and made the light-hearted connection subbing in the emoticon for the words.  It wasn't meant as an insult and certainly wasn't political in any way (if anything Ramblin was emoticon guy to me from the college football thread long before I ever ventured into any of the political threads here anyway).

Either way, apologies if it came across as a serious insult.  Was genuinely trying to lighten the mood in here from this horrible video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread