What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Open Championship*** - Spieth v Kuch: not the matchup we deserve, but not the one we need either (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
Perfect weather today and we should see the big hitters make a run.  Grace shoots a record 62.  Will be interesting to see how Spieth deals with Rory and DJ nipping at his heels (JoeT> hi)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice that they don't break from the game action on commercial breaks. 

If only the NFL could take a little less on the sponsors and negotiate that into the NFL to speed up the game. 

Is it just me or ever since the US Open the word fescue is over used?  Seems like I'd be wasted if I was taking a drink every time I hear fescue. 

I don't remember ever hearing it as much as I have this year. 

Repost from the gambling thread:

Alright sports fans, I hold a 50-1 Kuchar ticket.  Seems almost impossible he catches Spieth tomorrow, especially after we saw the difference in testicular fortitude on 18 today.  I had Justin Thomas at the US Open and hedged with a couple of guys not named Koepka.  I don't want to make the same mistake tomorrow.  If Kuch doesn't pull a horseshoe out of his butt tomorrow, it's all Spieth, right?  RIGHT?  Thinking of hedging Jordan -375 to win some money but don't want Koepka to plunger me again.

Also got Grace 45-1 but that ain't happening.

Thoughts?

Repost from the gambling thread:

Alright sports fans, I hold a 50-1 Kuchar ticket.  Seems almost impossible he catches Spieth tomorrow, especially after we saw the difference in testicular fortitude on 18 today.  I had Justin Thomas at the US Open and hedged with a couple of guys not named Koepka.  I don't want to make the same mistake tomorrow.  If Kuch doesn't pull a horseshoe out of his butt tomorrow, it's all Spieth, right?  RIGHT?  Thinking of hedging Jordan -375 to win some money but don't want Koepka to plunger me again.

Also got Grace 45-1 but that ain't happening.

Thoughts?
I think you should go with just Spieth to add a little more excitement for the rest of us if Koepka does make it interesting.   

I typically agree with letting it ride, and I think that's the way to go here. If you're set on getting a winner, I think we see Spieth get it done more often than not.

Spieth doesn't close this out after Augusta last year and he'll be mentally wrecked for years.
At the 2016 Masters, Jordan closed the final round front 9 with 4 straight birdies. He stood on the 10th tee with a five shot lead. He walked off the 12th three back. Losing 8 shots in 3 holes was such a historic collapse - the only comparables are Palmer losing a 7-shot lead at the '66 US Open, Norman a 6-shot lead at the 1996 Masters, the botched final holes for Vandevelde at Carnoustie and Phil at Winged Foot. Mickelson is the only one that won a major again.

Rory shot an 80 - back 9 43 - to blow a 4-shot lead at the 2011 Masters, but immediately came to win the next major (and 4 of the next 15.)

I don't think this course has enough trouble for a collapse to be in the offing. Grace just became the first guy to post a 62 in a major (there have been 31 rounds of 63 in 442 previous majors.) Plus they're not bunched up; Kuchar, in his first final pairing at a major, seems highly unlikely to mount a charge. The next four are 6 and 7 shots back.

Amazine how little appreciation there is for what Spieth has already accomplished (see my series of posts after The Travelers.) Dude is pretty tough to beat when he's on form, and what he has already done in his career puts him behind only Tiger for his age.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see Kuchar win. Nothing against Speith, but I could see Jordan winning more majors and I'm not sure Kuchar can get this close too many times again.

I'd like to see Kuchar win. Nothing against Speith, but I could see Jordan winning more majors and I'm not sure Kuchar can get this close too many times again.
Reminds me of my dad ten years ago. Who doesn't want their dad to win a major? :D

Kuchar's swing seems so compact and short, I'm shocked he can generate the power he does.  Of course I really know nothing about golf swings, but Kuchar just seems so tight to his body the whole time. 

Users who are viewing this thread