What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arob vs Cooks? Who do you prefer (1 Viewer)

LBH

Footballguy
Considering moving Robinson for Cooks in one of my dynasty's. value difference? Matter of preference?

I have Robinson a decent amount higher. I think he's a superior talent. Has much better size, and creates almost as many big plays. I prefer Cooks for 2017, but that is entirely based on Tom Brady, who likely won't be around much longer. 

I'd want Cooks and another good player, or a good draft pick(say late 1st, or multiple 2nds) for Robinson.

Thanks travdogg. I'm not getting anything more than Cooks as the Robinson owner. In fact the Cooks owner wants extra on top of Robinson. My roster. If it helps...

Brady, Tom NEP QB282.929

Garoppolo, Jimmy NEP QB (Q)43.989

Ryan, Matt ATL QB386.025

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB26.807

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB (Q)250.609

Gore, Frank IND RB204.6011

Henderson, De'Angelo DEN RB (R) -5

Hightower, Tim SFO RB117.9011

Ingram, Mark NOS RB217.005

Johnson, Duke CLE RB143.809

Mack, Marlon IND RB (R) (Q)-11

West, Charcandrick KCC RB65.5010

Williams, Jamaal GBP RB (R) -8

Williams, Joe SFO RB (R) -11

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR106.6011

Beckham, Odell NYG WR287.208

Conley, Chris KCC WR87.5010

Cooper, Amari OAK WR218.4010

Davis, Robert WAS WR (R) -5

Evans, Mike TBB WR286.6011

Hollins, Mack PHI WR (R) -10

Malone, Josh CIN WR (R) -6

Meredith, Cameron CHI WR (Q)165.309

Peake, Charone NYJ WR39.4011

Pryor, Terrelle WAS WR197.045

Robinson, Allen JAC WR186.108

Snead, Willie NOS WR182.305

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR203.909

Engram, Evan NYG TE (R) -8

Kelce, Travis KCC TE (Q)221.2010

Kittle, George SFO TE (R) -11

Leggett, Jordan NYJ TE (R) -11

Olsen, Greg CAR TE202.1011

Smith, Jonnu TEN TE (R) -8

Lambo, Josh LAC PK111.009

Falcons, Atlanta A

Not sure what RBs I'd be able to get with Robinson. David Johnson, Elliot, Bell are the only ones I'd probably go for with him and those owners aren't moving them unless I come with something more valuable than Robinson. It would take one of my top 2 or 3 WRs which I have no interest in moving. 

Ive never put a strong emphasis on RBs in dynasty preferring to build a strong set of WRs and acquire older or less heralded RBs that get me through the year on the cheap. 

Im more interested in getting Cooks who I think will be better than the consensus thinks he will be as a fantasy asset. I'm pretty down on Robinson after last year. I'm not a believer in Bortles, Lee really came on mid way through the season, Hurns is a pretty good WR too. Jaguars defense is getting better. I have a hard time believing Robinson will see the huge target share or be the beneficiary of big garbage time stats like he was during the '15 season. It's for these reasons I'm looking to cash in on Robinson 

If you think Cooks is a better dynasty asset than Robinson, then do the trade.

I probably wouldn't trade Robinson for Cooks, but they're pretty close in value, so it's a matter of personal preference.

Agree they're quite close in value but I give a slight edge in value to ARob so I wouldn't do it straight up.

Not sure what RBs I'd be able to get with Robinson. David Johnson, Elliot, Bell are the only ones I'd probably go for with him and those owners aren't moving them unless I come with something more valuable than Robinson. It would take one of my top 2 or 3 WRs which I have no interest in moving. 

Ive never put a strong emphasis on RBs in dynasty preferring to build a strong set of WRs and acquire older or less heralded RBs that get me through the year on the cheap. 

Im more interested in getting Cooks who I think will be better than the consensus thinks he will be as a fantasy asset. I'm pretty down on Robinson after last year. I'm not a believer in Bortles, Lee really came on mid way through the season, Hurns is a pretty good WR too. Jaguars defense is getting better. I have a hard time believing Robinson will see the huge target share or be the beneficiary of big garbage time stats like he was during the '15 season. It's for these reasons I'm looking to cash in on Robinson 
What about Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta or someone similar to him for Allen Robinson?

There is no way you could come close to David Johnson, Elliot, or Bell in a straight up deal for Allen Robinson.

If you like Cooks better than Robinson, you best options are to either trade straight up, or ask the other owner to sweeten his offer a little more.  Cooks and Robinson are about even in my book, maybe Robinson is a little better, but everyone sees things differently, so you need to be flexible.

Personally, I would attempt to package something like Robinson, Olson, and Snead together and see what type of WR or RB you could get for that package. 

Bottom line is if you can upgrade your starters or key reserves, and only trade away depth, most offers like that would interest me.

Hope that helps.

I was faced with this choice recently in a startup draft and I took Cooks.  I actually prefer him by quite a bit.

There is a LOT of risk with Robinson.  He is in a group with a lot of guys to break out early and then regress with the regression not being do to injury.  Most of those guys never turned things back around.

Most of Cooks' risk is more short-term, purely related to target share.  Even in the short term though I think he will get his.  To me they have similar upsides, but Cooks has a MUCH higher floor.

If you really want Cooks, what about Pryor plus something for him. I mean if the other owner wants Robinson plus, then it doesn't sound like he's all that high on Robinson either. 

There is a lot of hype right now(for some reason) on Joe Williams. Maybe Pryor and Williams could get Cooks?

If you really want Cooks, what about Pryor plus something for him. I mean if the other owner wants Robinson plus, then it doesn't sound like he's all that high on Robinson either. 

There is a lot of hype right now(for some reason) on Joe Williams. Maybe Pryor and Williams could get Cooks?
It's funny you mention that(JWilliams) That is exactly what the Cooks owner wants. I'm still undecided on that. He was actually throwing in a 3rd in 18 with Cooks in that scenario. I like Joe Williams so I was hoping to not include him. I can tell you with certainty that Pryor/Williams wouldn't get it done

Last edited by a moderator:
If you believe Cooks is better than Robinson then do the deal.  I think they are equal so I wouldn't throw in anything  more.  

I wasn't offered Cooks for Robinson straight up
If you think they are about equal but like Cooks better than counter with a straight up offer.  If you think Cooks >>Robinson then offer up what you think it is worth.  Based on your WR corps I wouldn't really force any issues and I would be fine with having Robinson as my WR4

If you think they are about equal but like Cooks better than counter with a straight up offer.  If you think Cooks >>Robinson then offer up what you think it is worth.  Based on your WR corps I wouldn't really force any issues and I would be fine with having Robinson as my WR4
Thanks for taking the time to offer advice. And to everyone else

I dealt Robinson and Duke for Cooks. I understand that I took a slight hit on value but I'm ok with it 

Users who are viewing this thread