What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Chance U - Going around the country documenting FSU dropout QBs (1 Viewer)

Capella

Footballguy
- Brittany Wagner is a saint

- that fat head coach is an amazing ahole

- the dline coach is not the one to mess with 

- the backstory on these players is just so incredible sad

- Deandre Johnson would be starting at FSU if he didn't punch that woman 

- completely engrossing series. Everything about it wows me. 

Anybody else plow through this series this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:

Banged out both seasons this weekend, everything about it was fantastic. The premise, personalities, filmmaking, music.

I still can't believe the ending sideline confrontation. 

Adderall Slim said:
Banged out both seasons this weekend, everything about it was fantastic. The premise, personalities, filmmaking, music.

I still can't believe the ending sideline confrontation. 
Yea buddy sucks. Awful person. Can't believe what he said to the OC. 

Definitely enjoyed Season 1 more. I thought Season 1 had more likable players. I tried to really root for Kam Carter, but I just couldn't like him. Same with Isiah Wright. Really liked him early in the season, but as it went on, he became more unlikable.

Also, felt myself rooting against them more often than not. How any of those players like Buddy Stephens is beyond me. He doesn't seem like he respects and cares about the players or coaches for that matter. He gets on the players for stuff, yet he does the exact same stuff. And not for nothing, but his whole incident with Isiah in the last episode I believe. Where he gets on Isiah for being late and then tells the team he's missing his daughter's final HS performance so he can be at a meeting. Good father there! "Hey kid, I know it's your last performance and I'm the head coach, so I can make a meeting whenever I want, but I can't come today. Sorry." I seriously can't stand him.

And you can't say enough about what Brittany Wagner does. I can't remember which player said it, but they were right. Without her, there would be no National Championships there because she keeps those kids eligible.

Definitely enjoyed Season 1 more. I thought Season 1 had more likable players. I tried to really root for Kam Carter, but I just couldn't like him. Same with Isiah Wright. Really liked him early in the season, but as it went on, he became more unlikable.

Also, felt myself rooting against them more often than not. How any of those players like Buddy Stephens is beyond me. He doesn't seem like he respects and cares about the players or coaches for that matter. He gets on the players for stuff, yet he does the exact same stuff. And not for nothing, but his whole incident with Isiah in the last episode I believe. Where he gets on Isiah for being late and then tells the team he's missing his daughter's final HS performance so he can be at a meeting. Good father there! "Hey kid, I know it's your last performance and I'm the head coach, so I can make a meeting whenever I want, but I can't come today. Sorry." I seriously can't stand him.

And you can't say enough about what Brittany Wagner does. I can't remember which player said it, but they were right. Without her, there would be no National Championships there because she keeps those kids eligible.
I thought the lack of personalities made season 2 strangely more compelling actually. You could tell they intentionally dialed back the kids who were behaving and just handling their business. 

I thought the lack of personalities made season 2 strangely more compelling actually. You could  they intentionally dialed back the kids who were behaving and just handling their business. 
Agree with not focusing on the players that stayed out of trouble. DeAndre Johnson was one for sure. They could have really dove into his past, but because he seemed to stay out of the limelight, there wasn't much focus on him.

Agree with not focusing on the players that stayed out of trouble. DeAndre Johnson was one for sure. They could have really dove into his past, but because he seemed to stay out of the limelight, there wasn't much focus on him.
I figured he would be the main focus. I guess if you are just sitting there quietly there isn't much to show. 

He's going to shred for FAU this fall. 

Man the ending really hit me like a ton of bricks for some reason. 
The juxtaposition of that POS turd Buddy with the angel Mrs. Wagner as he's out there coaching being a cocktop and she's cleaning out her desk.  

I agree that most of the guys they centered around were unlikable, except for Dakota Allen.  I'm glad Texas Tech took him back and I hope he does well going forward. 

Kam Carter had one of the worst attitudes of anyone who has been on the show.   Wouldn't be shocked if Pitt drops him at first sign of trouble after watching Last Chance U show.  I'm sure the Pitt coaches watched it and are regretting bringing him on board.

Kam Carter had one of the worst attitudes of anyone who has been on the show.   Wouldn't be shocked if Pitt drops him at first sign of trouble after watching Last Chance U show.  I'm sure the Pitt coaches watched it and are regretting bringing him on board.
I was shocked to see him end up there. Pitt got reports from the EMCC staff. They're getting what they deserve. 

ILUVBEER99 said:
When I saw he went to Pitt, I couldn't believe it. No idea how he ended up at another D-1 school. I wanted to like Kam so bad, but it was hard because he just literally did not care about anything. Maybe he his film showed he played really well during the games, but he was lazy at everything else.

Did not know there was a second season.  Wife, son and I really liked the first season and will seek this out.  Agreed on Brittany; she's an angel walking amongst us.

Buddy is going to die of a heart attack before too long.  

Also, watching this is a good reminder of why I left Mississippi as fast as I could and went away about as far as I could.

I understand that some of these kids have had a tough childhood, but it amazes me how little they care about life in general. I get that football is their way out and pretty much all they know, but to not even care if they have a damn pencil or not for class is just unreal.

Its NFL or bust I guess.[  

I understand that some of these kids have had a tough childhood, but it amazes me how little they care about life in general. I get that football is their way out and pretty much all they know, but to not even care if they have a damn pencil or not for class is just unreal.

That's what blows my mind too. I get hating going to class, we all did when we were in college. But holy crap, at least pretend to care about the classes you're taking. Especially because this is you're way back into D-1 or to D-1 in the first place. Just blows my mind.

Brittany Wagner is awesome.  Really reminds me of Sandra Bullock's character in The Blind Side.

She left EMCC in February. :cry:  

My daughter just watch the Deandre Johnson punch and wondered why he was at fault.  She hit him first. :shrug:

My daughter just watch the Deandre Johnson punch and wondered why he was at fault.  She hit him first. :shrug:
So he has he right to pummel a female? She was wrong and he should have walked away or got his two cents in verbally. He freaking clobbered her. 

I'm an FSU fan, I think he would be better than who we have now -- but Fisher had no choice. 

That's what blows my mind too. I get hating going to class, we all did when we were in college. But holy crap, at least pretend to care about the classes you're taking. Especially because this is you're way back into D-1 or to D-1 in the first place. Just blows my mind.
Classes for these kids is so ridiculous. Just another hoop to jump through to keep the false pretense of amateurism. If you want to go and get your education have at it, otherwise college players should just be representing the school on the field. 

So he has he right to pummel a female? She was wrong and he should have walked away or got his two cents in verbally. He freaking clobbered her. 

I'm an FSU fan, I think he would be better than who we have now -- but Fisher had no choice. 
He didn't pummel her.  He hit her once in reaction to her hitting him--she wasn't knocked out or down.  I am not a college football fan--I knew nothing about this incident before tonight.  He has a right to defend himself; these kids can barely pass CC classes but we expect them to walk away when assaulted?  Please.

He didn't pummel her.  He hit her once in reaction to her hitting him--she wasn't knocked out or down.  I am not a college football fan--I knew nothing about this incident before tonight.  He has a right to defend himself; these kids can barely pass CC classes but we expect them to walk away when assaulted?  Please.
He hit her hard as hell. I don't know what you're watching. 

He hit her hard as hell. I don't know what you're watching. 
I don't know what you're watching:  she wasn't ko'd and didn't even go down.  It wasn't that hard.  When is someone allowed to defend themselves?

I don't know what you're watching:  she wasn't ko'd and didn't even go down.  It wasn't that hard.  When is someone allowed to defend themselves?
lol ok. Not going to argue about when it's ok to knock out a 19 year old female. gl

I wouldn't underestimate the effect on the psyche of growing up in a place where really no one has any hope or chance of doing anything.  I would say that a lot of them literally can't conceive of having actual success, so there is no way to have motivation.

Thank you for the recommendation.  Watched season 1 over the past week.   I agree with all of the above.   Just starting on season 2 now.

not reading thread so I don't get spoilers but I am half way through season 1 and I like it.

I hate everything that the coach represents.  The only scene I saw that he was in that I liked(because of his honesty but not what he was being honest about) is when he basically told the camera that they choose winning over helping the individual student.

so whats the chance for a season 3?

w/o Mrs Wagner they better have a solid personality in that spot....biggest shoes to fill on the show IMO.
seems Buddy was getting really more annoyed at the camera in S2 then S1.
That spat w/ the O coordinator at the end was really dumb on Buddy's part and really killed a somewhat likeable coach

Side note, I really began to despise Isiah Wright as the show went on. I was amazed at the talent he just threw away. Between him and Kam I just cant stand players who think they are bigger then the coach...regardless of how big an ahole Buddy was, Mr Wagner said it best, "The coach is the one who is going to sell you to recruiters."

so whats the chance for a season 3?

w/o Mrs Wagner they better have a solid personality in that spot....biggest shoes to fill on the show IMO.
seems Buddy was getting really more annoyed at the camera in S2 then S1.
That spat w/ the O coordinator at the end was really dumb on Buddy's part and really killed a somewhat likeable coach

Side note, I really began to despise Isiah Wright as the show went on. I was amazed at the talent he just threw away. Between him and Kam I just cant stand players who think they are bigger then the coach...regardless of how big an ahole Buddy was, Mr Wagner said it best, "The coach is the one who is going to sell you to recruiters."
They are doing a season three but it's on Independence CC in Kansas

Through season 2 episode 2. I find that I can only watch 2 episodes a night. It is just too much. 

Awesome show. 

Fantastic, compelling show.

Mi' Bridney is the best person on there and probably belongs in the "Women you find oddly attractive" thread.

Through season 2 episode 2. I find that I can only watch 2 episodes a night. It is just too much. 

Awesome show. 
Same here.

How do the other football shows compare? Such as Hard Knocks and that LA Rams show on Amazon.

Fantastic, compelling show.

Mi' Bridney is the best person on there and probably belongs in the "Women you find oddly attractive" thread.
Nothing odd about that. Her face isn't great but it looks like she's got a slammin body.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow

Users who are viewing this thread