What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Things Anarchy (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
Just thought I would start a general thread for all things Anarchy to post random things like this:

1. For those old and new, you have the ability to receive a TEXT message to let you know when you are OTC....crazy I know!

For Owners-Franchise Set Up-Wireless.......put in your info and check the box to have them text you a validation code and hit submit...they will text you a validation code, which you renter on that same "Wireless Page" and you can check all the boxes you want to receive alerts for.  But the most important is the "When I'm On The Clock For My Draft" box.

You will then receive a text to your phone as soon as you go OTC.  This feature alone should prevent timeouts and long delays. There really is no excuse (once we get started). 

Speaking of timeouts...after we clear the first round are we implementing a clock?

Send Text Messages For: Live scoring updates at 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm, 7:30pm and 10pm ET on Sundays.
 Draft Status Update
 When I'm On The Clock For My Draft
 Auction Update
 New Poll Created (including trade polls and scheduling league events)
 New Message Board Topic Created
 Game-day inactives on my starting lineup at 12:30pm and 3:30pm ET on Sundays

Cell Phone Number Has Been Validated!

I believe Dave sent at least 3 emails and 3 PM's about the league starting up to guys that weren't responding.  He also sent everyone an email about their league placement and draft order. And I think he sent an email with 72 hours notice that the draft was starting and the time. Yet some guys STILL siad they didnt know anything had started and that they got no notice.

For some people, doing everyting for them still isnt enough of a hand hold....

The real issue is a lack of dedicated interest from the owners. Why sign up for a league you really aren't going to participate in? How difficult is it to make a draft pick once a day (some days with no picks) over a couple week time span? Apparently far too difficult for some.

The problem with turning the clock on is there is no good work around. If the system gives them a player when they time out (which I believe is the highest remaining player based on ADP), owners have wanted the right to replace that pick. If the pick is just skipped, owners felt that they had the right to select any undrafted player at the time they emailed me. However, I can't be online 24/7, and many times the player they wanted got picked up after they let me know but before I could add the player to their roster. Bottom line, 75-80% of the time in the past, people that timed out got peeved, timed out again, and dropped out mid draft. That's how Ref ended up with a team in pretty much every league one year (he finished drafting for AWOL owners).

I was ready to dump all the leagues 5 years ago and every year since due to all the problems we've had, and this year is no different. I can't make people make a pick and I can't make people check in to see when they are up. This may have to be the last go round for the Anarchy Leagues, as I am tired of having to deal with all the BS.

I have no qualms about turning the draft timer on, but I am not going to kill myself listening to sob stories and replacement pick demands. I will entertain suggestions on what to do with teams that time out and how best to handle getting a full and competitive roster for that team.

I hope lazy drafters don't ruin what has been a fun thing for years.  Anarchy's hard work and dedication is admirable and I salute you.

I think, though, that the answer has to be "let the chips fall where they may."  Just like commissioners tend to in most other leagues.  I think letting people slide for round one untimed may work, but using a timer with autopicks and a simple "no exceptions" approach may cut down on the drama?  There really is no excuse for owners making Anarchy work in the middle rounds of a free draft.

My experience from local leagues has been that the more slack you give, the more advantage is taken.  Sad.

I for one hope the Anarchy League tradition carries forward!

BURN IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k  :D

It does have to be really frustrating for Commish to hand hold these leagues year after year.  I hope they dont go away, but yet, the constant battle of getting people to participate at a perceived reasonable level Im sure is beyond exasperating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these leagues...please don't abandoned ship...

I think no timer first round is appropriate to get things going....but then after that as I said in the first post....with the ability to be notified when you are on the clock there is no excuse to time out after that....

if you don't want to give up your phone number....then don't be in the league.....or pay attention

I feel there should be a timer after the first round and then if you miss a pick you deal with whatever the site gives you (as long as it meets our lineup restrictions).....no changes/substitutions/sob stories....deaths, travel, etc......you get what you get and be thankful for it....

"I'm sorry your mother in law passed away, but you have to keep TJ Yeldon." ......hardcore but it is what it is...you know going in it can be that way

ETA: I think a clock is imperative even for active leagues

What gets me is, most leagues are through round 1, or should be close, so people know the draft is going on, yet some don't return for several hours into day(s). I'm not complaining because Ive seen this happen for so many years now.  Just saying that it's pretty simple to understand that you may need to check in once every 8-10 hours...not too much to ask.

What gets me is, most leagues are through round 1, or should be close, so people know the draft is going on, yet some don't return for several hours into day(s). I'm not complaining because Ive seen this happen for so many years now.  Just saying that it's pretty simple to understand that you may need to check in once every 8-10 hours...not too much to ask.
I kinda, sorta, get that this could have been an issue 10 years ago, even 5, but in 2017 there are too many ways to stay in touch for this to be remotely a problem any more.

Personally I never give out my cell number to a website, but even so all I needed to do was sign up for e-mail alerts on MFL and set up Gmail to send me a notification when I get an e-mail from a sender containing "Anarchy". The entire process took maybe 3 minutes.

And David shouldn't have to deal with owners e-mailing him with replacement picks, either. Create a central thread with clear and specific instructions for logging in as the Commish and making a replacement pick for their team should they time out. No more dilemmas or conflicts to deal with that way; anyone who can't be bothered to follow a simple set of directions gets whoever MFL gives them and likes it.

I kinda, sorta, get that this could have been an issue 10 years ago, even 5, but in 2017 there are too many ways to stay in touch for this to be remotely a problem any more.

Personally I never give out my cell number to a website, but even so all I needed to do was sign up for e-mail alerts on MFL and set up Gmail to send me a notification when I get an e-mail from a sender containing "Anarchy". The entire process took maybe 3 minutes.

And David shouldn't have to deal with owners e-mailing him with replacement picks, either. Create a central thread with clear and specific instructions for logging in as the Commish and making a replacement pick for their team should they time out. No more dilemmas or conflicts to deal with that way; anyone who can't be bothered to follow a simple set of directions gets whoever MFL gives them and likes it.
Totally agree

What's going on with the Anarchy ******* Child draft...isn't / shouldn't that one be up and running by now?

The best solution, IMO, is for me to make a pick for teams that go extended AWOL. I will pick the best available player based on where players were drafted in the other Anarchy Leagues provided that player can be rostered.

The best solution, IMO, is for me to make a pick for teams that go extended AWOL. I will pick the best available player based on where players were drafted in the other Anarchy Leagues provided that player can be rostered.
That would be an improvement for these knuckleheads about to ruin these leagues.  I say give them Percy Harvin (so I don't draft him) or Tim Tebow and move on.

League 5 has been disbanded. More than half the league dropped  out. The remaining orders were split up among the other leagues. 

Totally agree.

I love this league. I thank you for running them every year.

I guess I kinda agree and I kinda don't....this really seems unnecessary in a league full of adults.....and also seems like part of the reason you were thinking about not doing these anymore....this will still require some babysitting on your part and also put you in a position of maybe having to justify a pick (which you shouldn't....but still)....let MFL take care of it for you....only problem is waiting the 8 hours every time, unless you can lower individual clocks...if an owner times out twice....boot em and have somebody take it over....

League 5 has been disbanded. More than half the league dropped  out. The remaining orders were split up among the other leagues. 
Noticing that trend in the Survivor Leagues.  For as much as people complain about FBG abandoning season long for dfs, the numbers don't lie.  Season long is a dying breed.

Anarchy99 said:
Too bad. I would do another in the end. 

I may be up for a late starting league if we can get enough bodies. At this point we are only short 16 owners. 

Too bad. I would do another in the end. 
As would I.

@Anarchy99 - You know what might be an absolute freakin' blast to do with League 5? A football equivalent of the Gobbler league, i.e. some sort of season-long lowball league that would award points for incompetence, but within limits (in Gobbler, the best draft picks are those who perform terribly, but not so terribly as to get cut or benched). So something like:

• Positive points for pass attempts, times sacked, rush attempts, targets, turnovers committed, FG/XP attempts, DST points/yards allowed, etc.
  • Negative points for pass completions, catches, yards gained, TDs scored, FG/XP made, DST sacks/TOs forced, etc.
And so on. The upside of a ridiculously detailed scoring system like MFL's is that we could probably quite easily make something like this work.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'd do another...whether traditional, or Mr. Irrelevant's crazy scoring system.

The crazy scoring thing will never happen under my watch, but if someone else wants to set something up that's up to you guys.

As far as starting up another league, it's pretty much a given that the mainstays in Leagues 1 and 2 would be on board, but not sure the point in the same cast of characters being in multiple leagues time and time again.

As far as starting up another league, it's pretty much a given that the mainstays in Leagues 1 and 2 would be on board, but not sure the point in the same cast of characters being in multiple leagues time and time again.
@anarchy99

you realize that you are up in league 1?

ill be happy to jump in for ryheaps wherever needed
You guys all need to relax and drink decaf from now on. He's been OTC for 5 hours in one league and slightly more than that in another. It's not like we have been waiting for him for days (even if he hasn't been to MFL in quite some time).

You guys all need to relax and drink decaf from now on. He's been OTC for 5 hours in one league and slightly more than that in another. It's not like we have been waiting for him for days (even if he hasn't been to MFL in quite some time).
No.. It's more fun to gripe and complain.

After you finally pick, don't forget to take the trash out.
I wish I only had to take out the trash. Mrs. Anarchy currently in home makeover mode. Already redid 3 bedrooms, 2 hallways, living room, dining room, and kitchen within the same year. Currently redoing family / home theater room. When I get a chance to take a break from the remodeling, I jump on-line only to hear the incessant talk of guys taking too long to make a pick or fellas going walkabout.

Users who are viewing this thread