What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to Keep? Moncrief or Tyrell? (1 Viewer)

rschroeder1

Footballguy
12 team league
17 roster spots (Starters:  QB RB RB WR WR TE RB/WR/TE K D)
.5 PPR

Keeper rules
-Four keepers maximum
-A kept player costs one draft round higher than their round the previous year.
-Players can be kept through the season in which their round slot is the first round.

I am planning on keeping:

-Devonta Freeman (13th round)
-CJ Anderson (15th)
-Hunter Henry (17th)

The other two I'm considering are Donte Moncrief (16th) or Tyrell Williams (17th).

My other options, for the record, are Josh Doctson (8th), CJ Prosise (14th), Thomas Rawls (16th), Ameer Abdullah (4th).

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd keep Moncrief over Williams. In theory, he has WAY fewer people taking targets from him, and is a TD machine, who just needs to stay healthy.

I'd actually let Henry go. TE's are pretty easy to come by, and while I like Henry's long term upside, in a keep 4 league, I doubt he's a long term keeper. I'd rather use that spot on Prosise, especially with the .5 PPR, and the the 1 round increase per year. i think he's Seattle's best RB, and, like Moncrief, just needs stay to healthy. 

So that'd be Freeman, Prosise, Anderson and Moncrief for the cost of your 13th through 16th round picks.

Thanks for the input.  For the record, when expected keepers are re-arranged in the draft order, Prosise is about an 8th round pick for 2017.  I guess I'm just hesitant with him because of the unsettled RB situation and Seattle's poor offensive line.  I feel like if I were to not draft Prosise, he's the type of guy that someone is going to draft and drop after a few weeks and I may be able to get him in free agency.

I agree that TE's are easy to come by, but in this particular league, Kelce and Reed are kept for the next 3-4 years, so you have to expend a pretty high draft pick to get a Gronk or an Olsen to give yourself a guarantee at TE.  I like Henry's chances to be in the ranks of the Kelces and Reeds for the next 3-4 years, personally, but I see your point.  Keeping a tight end would only be a priority for me in certain circumstances.

I'd keep Moncrief over Williams. In theory, he has WAY fewer people taking targets from him, and is a TD machine, who just needs to stay healthy.

I'd actually let Henry go. TE's are pretty easy to come by, and while I like Henry's long term upside, in a keep 4 league, I doubt he's a long term keeper. I'd rather use that spot on Prosise, especially with the .5 PPR, and the the 1 round increase per year. i think he's Seattle's best RB, and, like Moncrief, just needs stay to healthy. 

So that'd be Freeman, Prosise, Anderson and Moncrief for the cost of your 13th through 16th round picks.
Not sure why, but I would keep Hunter for a 16th rounder, as his draft value is early 5th round.  Freeman, Anderson and Moncrief or Williams (which ever you feel comfortable with of these two).

I would keep Moncrief because Luck is going to be his QB for as long as he is in Indy but travdogg nailed it: Throw Henry back and keep Tyrell.

Not sure why, but I would keep Hunter for a 16th rounder, as his draft value is early 5th round.  Freeman, Anderson and Moncrief or Williams (which ever you feel comfortable with of these two).
IT IS????? I was thinking he's a guy who is appealing in round 12 or so. Round 8, in a draft where everyone is keeping 4 players. I haven't seen him that high in any ADPs. If that is the case he won't be on any team of mine. 

I think Henry has more long term keeper value than CJ Anderson.

If it was a full PPR league I'd heavily consider Procise over Anderson as well.

For me it would be Freeman, Moncrief, Henry & Procise/Anderson.

Users who are viewing this thread