What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dixie League (1 Viewer)

A one of a kind format, specifically for teams from the US Southeast.  Hosted on NFL.com, free redraft, with plans to convert to $ dynasty in a future season, this is fantasy football designed especially for baseball fans.

Rosters consist of 9 starting positions - 1 each of QB, RB, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE FLEX, K, DL, LB, AND IDP FLEX -  and scoring is set-up to ensure low (baseball-like) scoring, so that your players have to have a really exceptional day to help give you a win;  double header scheduling is also utilized, and the playoffs are set up as best-of-three series.

If you're a baseball fan, you should definitely check this league out; we've got multiple openings but expect them to fill fast!

Dixie League Home Page

Dixie League Rules Page

Dixie League History

Join The Dixie

I do have some interest in joining this league. I was born in Covington, Va. but I live in Maryland. I can say that I am  dedicated & always involved in ALL the FF leagues I play in. I started playing FF in 1988 when all our scoring was done from the USA Today newspaper. We didn't even have PC's back then, lol.

I still play several different formats of FF & always looking for new types of leagues & challenges.

If you think I might fit the criteria of your league I would use the  team name of the Virginia Cyclones, a football team from the East Coast Football Association. I'm not to adept at making logos and/or mascots but would like to incorporate a tornado/cyclone on the logo. I would be fine as well with a default logo. So if there's a spot for me let me know here & I'll check back later.

As I said I live in Maryland but I am the product of a W. Va. & Va. back in the mountain Hollar true hillbilly parents and proud of it.

I'd love to have you.  Follow this link......Join The Dixie.......and just fill out your name and email, put Cyclones in the box for team name so i know who you are, and i'll email you and we can go from there

Last edited by a moderator:
 I've been intriqued by this league & would like very much to join. Unfortunately I am going to have to pass this year. I am a Cooridinator/supervisor & just Friday got bumped to 2nd shift (union job). Sucks but that's the way unions work sometimes. I will work 3pm-11pm (est) & will not be able to access the PC to participate in the draft. Please keep me in mind for 2018 as I feel this would be an excellent league for me. Rest assured I will be checking for an open spot next year. Thanks for the opportunity & I apologize for any inconvenience to the league.

Football Fantatic,

Ghost of Bill Walsh

No inconvenience and no need to apologize.  The draft is scheduled for Aug 20 at 1:00pm eastern, but I understand if you can't make it.  I'd love to get you into the league, if not this season, then next - you sound like exactly the kind of committed player I look for.  if you like, you can still follow that link to give me your email address and I'll put you on the mailing list for the league to keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread