What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coca-Cola Zero Sugar (1 Viewer)

HellToupee

Footballguy
Delicious.

I was a fan of Coke Zero but I think this is a really nice upgrade.

Coca-Cola is killing Coke Zero as we know it — and people are freaking out

Coke Zero is about to be replaced by Coke Zero Sugar.vox efx/flickr

KO  Coca-Cola Co 

0.50  (+1.10 %)

Disclaimer Get real-time KO charts here »

Coca-Cola just killed Coke Zero as we know it.

On Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced plans to stop selling Coke Zero in the US in August, replacing it with a beverage with a different recipe, design, and name: Coke Zero Sugar.

"It is a reinvention of Coke Zero," CEO James Quincey said in a call with investors.

According to Coca-Cola, Coke Zero Sugar is closer to the taste of the standard Coca-Cola and has been hugely popular in certain markets.

With zero sugar and zero calories, the drink is designed for customers seeking lower-sugar options. According to Quincey, many people don't understand that Diet Coke and Coke Zero do not contain any sugar. With Coke Zero Sugar, that's front and center.

But people are already freaking out online about the loss of the Coke Zero they know and love.

"Obviously, any change has some degree of risk," he said, whether it's a tweak of a recipe or design.

According to Quincey, the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive in areas with the new formula and design.

The new Coke Zero Sugar bottles.Coca-Cola

Confusion about the new name and design has been minimal, Quincey said. Coke Zero Sugar bottles and cans have plenty of visual cues to link it to the Coke Zero brand as well as the larger Coca-Cola brand — part of the company's "One Brand" strategy to more strongly connect its colas under a single umbrella.

"Consumers get it immediately," Quincey said.

Ultimately, Coca-Cola is trusting that the taste of Coke Zero Sugar will win over Coke Zero fanatics as well as potential new customers.

Coke Zero Sugar is already a major hit outside the US, with growth figures reaching the teens. In the US, Coke Zero sales increased by 3.5% in 2016, compared with Diet Coke's drop of 1.9% in the same period.

Great. Another diet coke for my buddy to dump my carefully selected bourbon into. Thanks a lot, Coca Cola! :rant:  

Coke Zero >>>>>> Diet Coke, IMO.  Actually, Caffeine Free Coke Zero has been my typical go to soda.  I hope the new product is decent.

many people don't understand that Diet Coke and Coke Zero do not contain any sugar. 

:rolleyes:

It's all swill anyway

HellToupee said:
According to Quincey, many people don't understand that Diet Coke and Coke Zero do not contain any sugar. With Coke Zero Sugar, that's front and center.
Why don't they just put "no sugar" on the can in big letters?  And why do they feel like they have to change the recipe to change the name to be more explicit?

I don't drink much soda, but when I do, Coke Zero has been my choice (when it is a choice).  Here's hoping the replacement is at least as good. 

It's a good sign to me that they are sticking with aspartame, since that still has the least aftertaste to me compared to the other popular sweeteners. 

I don't drink much soda, but when I do, Coke Zero has been my choice (when it is a choice).  Here's hoping the replacement is at least as good. 

It's a good sign to me that they are sticking with aspartame, since that still has the least aftertaste to me compared to the other popular sweeteners. 
It definitely tastes different , I liked it 

The only zero calorie drink I like is Fanta Zero, which is kind of hard to find. Hope this is something new, not just Coke zero with a new label. 

The only zero calorie drink I like is Fanta Zero, which is kind of hard to find. Hope this is something new, not just Coke zero with a new label. 
I hope this is Coke Zero with a new label.  I'll continue to ask for Coke Zero, I refuse to add Sugar behind it. #takeastand

Tecumseh said:
I love diet coke, but hated Coke Zero. Hopefully this iteration is an improvement.
I don't drink much soda these days but I was the direct opposite. I loved coke zero and hated diet coke. I thought coke zero was actually pretty close in taste to regular coke.

So what's the deal with the formula, are they just using a different sweetener, like stevia, or is something else actually different?

So what's the deal with the formula, are they just using a different sweetener, like stevia, or is something else actually different?
No, they're still using the same ingredients. They just tweaked the formula, sounds like. 

Most of the reason behind the change seems to be to emphasize that Demon Sugar is not in this drink. 

Does anyone know where this new Coke Zero Sugar can be found?   The articles I found have it rolling out in August, but there must be some out there now I would guess...

As far as the rollout, Are these usually nationwide right off the bat, or a gradual intro to different regions across our great (again) land?

Does anyone know where this new Coke Zero Sugar can be found?   The articles I found have it rolling out in August, but there must be some out there now I would guess...

As far as the rollout, Are these usually nationwide right off the bat, or a gradual intro to different regions across our great (again) land?
Found it at a gas station convenience store

They've had it in Europe for awhile.

I don't drink much soda these days but I was the direct opposite. I loved coke zero and hated diet coke. I thought coke zero was actually pretty close in taste to regular coke.
Agree completely.  I hated Diet Coke.  Thought it was terrible.  I couldn't really tell a significant difference between regular Coke and Coke Zero.  I am worried this has new Coke written all over it and we all know how that turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread