What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***THE MOOCH: Mooch receives unprecedented "cease and desist" letter from Springsteen to stop listening to "Backstreets" on loop. Mooch too sad to rep (1 Viewer)

Like, who knew the guy was gonna print it? I was ####### blowing off steam!
1. That's their job.

2. The FIRST rule of media relations, literally, is NEVER "trust" the media. That's not even said in a disparaging way. See point #1... if you do it for them, don't blame the press. 

That said, there are no absolutes. A respected reporter will respect when you are off the record. BUT...

3. You are never TOTALLY off the record. Don't ever say something you can't absolutely live with and spin / provide nuance and context for

4. Pah-lease... this is PR 101. I'd say no way THE Mooch (we need to treat him with the desperately wanting respect of THE Ohio State) didn't already know this. Yet...

5. Here we are. GB The Mooch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just hear correctly that Mooch has 90 million hanging in the balance depending on a favorable action from the Chinese govt? 

Please somebody tell me it's the beer 

Did I just hear correctly that Mooch has 90 million hanging in the balance depending on a favorable action from the Chinese govt? 

Please somebody tell me it's the beer 
It has to be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States CFIUS

CFIUS composition:

Department of the Treasury (chair)
Department of Justice
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Commerce
Department of Defense
Department of State
Department of Energy
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
Office of Science & Technology Policy (currently vacant)

I think the estimate is Mooch - who by the way, doesn't have a White House job ATM....and won't officially until the sale of his company to a Chinese company is finalized, he's currently a WH guest who was promised a job - will take home $85,000,000 from the sale.

None of that is made up.

It has to be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States CFIUS

CFIUS composition:

Department of the Treasury (chair)
Department of Justice
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Commerce
Department of Defense
Department of State
Department of Energy
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
Office of Science & Technology Policy (currently vacant)

I think the estimate is Mooch - who by the way, doesn't have a White House job ATM....and won't officially until the sale of his company to a Chinese company is finalized, he's currently a WH guest who was promised a job - will take home $85,000,000 from the sale.

None of that is made up.

There is one person in the USA government who can overrule the CFIUS.  Anyone want to guess who it is?

ETA: Not only is none of that made up, Mooch may get a big tax break on the sale proceeds thanks to rules in place for help out people divesting themselves of holdings in a hurry to take a job in the executive branch.   

Users who are viewing this thread