What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper draft deadline...help!!! (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 12-team keeper league and we can keep 4-6 keepers. We don't have a time limit on how long we can keep them nor do we lose the draft round for which they were picked the previous season. My roster is as follows:

QB  - Russell Wilson

RB - (Doug) Martin, Ajayi, Lacy, Blount, Duke Johnson, Jr., Asiata, Ellington

WR - Cooks, Jeffery, (Martavis) Bryant, (DeVante) Parker, Lee, Benjamin

TE - Henry

K - Santos

DEF - Cowboys

I plan to keep 4 (I traded away my 5th and 6th round draft picks so I can only keep four). For sure am keeping Ajayi, Jeffery, and Cooks. Leaning towards Parker or Henry. We are a .5 ppr league and QB TDs are worth 4 pts.; other offensive players are 6 pts. per TD. Deadline is tomorrow. Who would you keep as your 4th?

I agree with your trio of Ajayi, Cooks, and Jeffery. The 4th keep is a lot tougher. How much of a risk taker are you? I'm an owner who likes to go for ceilings, so with that in mind, I'd keep Bryant. He was a WR1 in PPG last time he was on the field, and every report out of Pittsburgh is that he looks better and more focused than ever. That said, I understand if that seems a little too bold. 

If Bryant seems too risky for you, I'd probably try to make a trade if you can. None of the other guys really move the meter. I guess my next best choice would be Benjamin. Clear cut #1 WR who has a decent track record. I think Parker and Henry are both a little overhyped right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Bryant is he still isn't officially cleared for a return to the NFL, and yes, we know his ceiling is pretty high based on when he is available. He's the biggest risk but has the highest upside and most dynasty rankings actually have him higher than the others. My initial plan was to keep him as my fourth keeper but just cognizant of the risk. I think I can still draft some of these other guys. I couldn't fetch anything for Benjamin unfortunately.

Basically, similar question that you asked on the 13th with the trade offer involving Cooks...  If my team, I am still keeping Ajayi, Cooks, Jeffrey and Henry.  

There is a round cost for your 5/6 keepers if they cost you a 5th and 6th round pick.  So essentially each keeper costs you a draft pick for the first 6 rounds. I take it that you must keep 4 no matter what.

That being said I think there is an easy consensus on your first three keepers.  For your 4th I only see it breaking one of two ways.  Go for the highest upside possible and that is the easy choice of Bryant or go for a safe play and I would freeze Wilson.  I know freezing QB's doesn't seem like a value but he has been a consistent top 10 QB that does a little bit of everything.  Last year was down for much of it due to injuries so I expect a bounce back and he should easily be a top 10 (and I wouldn't be surprised top 5) guy.  This allows you to not need to worry about another QB at all and focus all your picks for RB/WR help. 

As far as Henry goes, I think his hype is way out of control.  He had a nice year last year with a bunch of injuries to the Charger WR's.  I think he is a solid guy but there are a lot of solid TE's. 

Users who are viewing this thread