What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greta Van Fleet....newish band...Led Zeppelin relatives?!?!?!!? (1 Viewer)

They do sound pretty good. I can see the Robert Plant comparison. Maybe a Dave Matthews trying to impersonate Robert Plant?

Chicken, beer, cheese, sausage, fudge, baked goods, rouladen, and now rock N roll.  Frankenmuth truly has it all!

they cant be that good. Look at the lead singers shirt. he obviously cant afford to replace the one that has a bad tear in it. #oldguythatdoesntgetfashion

Saw these guys last night at a small club in Covington, KY...across the river from Cincinnati. About 300 people, sold out a month in advance, but called in some favors and got in the door.

Sound was great, but they were kind of low energy, but I will attribute that to being young and the tiny stage. But holy crap people, put away the cell phones...no one wants to see your crappy videos, and they will sit on your phone eating up space. I thought this wouldn't be an issue since I was on the younger spectrum of the crowd at 36, but it was still bad, especially due to the small size of the venue.

They are playing at a music fest in Louisville at the end of September, so I will see how it differs in that setting.

Saw these guys last night at a small club in Covington, KY...across the river from Cincinnati. About 300 people, sold out a month in advance, but called in some favors and got in the door.

Sound was great, but they were kind of low energy, but I will attribute that to being young and the tiny stage. But holy crap people, put away the cell phones...no one wants to see your crappy videos, and they will sit on your phone eating up space. I thought this wouldn't be an issue since I was on the younger spectrum of the crowd at 36, but it was still bad, especially due to the small size of the venue.

They are playing at a music fest in Louisville at the end of September, so I will see how it differs in that setting.
Thanks for the invite.

Thanks for the invite.
That's on me, Shuke. I will do better next time. Here is my tentative schedule going forward if you want to tag along. Not all shows will make the cut, will depend on how often I can get out of the house.

8/20 - Green Day @ Riverbend
9/30 and 10/1 - Louder than Life in Louisville
10/10 - Theory of a Deadman @ Bogarts
10/20 Foo Fighters @ US Bank Arena
10/21 - Motionless in White/Amity Affliction/Miss May I @ Bogarts
11/3 - GNR in Louisville

Cool band. I doubt they are high energy (any) on stage though, it may come with experience. Some bands never get it, though

Very talented kids, but after listening to them quite a bit, eventually the derivative LZ grates a bit too much. Not too unlike Kingdom Come from about 30 years ago.

I would pay extra to sit in a non cell phone section. No joke. It's getting out of hand and detracts from the concert experience.
I was at a show last year where a tall guy behind me was taking a cell phone video with the flash constantly on.  I finally turned around and was like, come on, man!

Users who are viewing this thread