Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
timschochet

tim's fantasy football league

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

What pick do we have?

After everybody pays I'll set that up. The easiest way is just to use Research Randomizer, but if somebody wants to set up a dice roll (I don't know how to do that) that's fine too.

On 8/1/2017 at 1:40 AM, timschochet said:

It's negotiable. But those hours are PST. 

Doesnt look like too many people are interested this year anyhow. Which is cool. 

We are back in standard time already?

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

Shifty has asked to join as well. So far, I have received 2 Paypal payments: from JVDesigns2002, and Binky the Doormat.

Payment sent.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:52 PM, timschochet said:

OK, right now we have 12 people in:

timschochet

BoltBacker

bucksoh

Binky the Doormat

bananafish

jon_mx

Bonzai

Wildbil83

JVDesigns2002

Frostilicus

Larry Allen's Jockstrap

bleachercreacher

We max out at 16. You each need to send $100 to my Paypal account, which is mwschochet@yahoo.com. Please put your FFA nickname and "Tim's Fantasy league" in your payment. Once I have received all payments I will set up a random order and we'll start the draft sometime next week.

I'm in so that's 13. Need 3 more. Icon is out

Edited by flapgreen
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I don't see how were going to finish on time 

September 7th is right around the corner. 

BTW, you really need to define the rules.  Our rules never end up being 'standard'.  Are passing TD's 4 or 6 points?  Do RB's only get 0.5 ppr?   What are the def/st scoring rules?  Do Kickers get extra points for long kicks?   All these rules impact values of players. 

13 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

BTW, you really need to define the rules.  Our rules never end up being 'standard'.  Are passing TD's 4 or 6 points?  Do RB's only get 0.5 ppr?   What are the def/st scoring rules?  Do Kickers get extra points for long kicks?   All these rules impact values of players. 

1. 4

2. 1 for PPR just like WR

3. I plan on using either Yahoo or ESPN, whatever folks prefer.  Standard defense and kicker rules. 

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

1. 4

2. 1 for PPR just like WR

3. I plan on using either Yahoo or ESPN, whatever folks prefer.  Standard defense and kicker rules. 

That is a start.  But pick a site and get the rules.  People get upset when their player scores a TD on special teams and it does not count.  All this minutia needs to be established before the draft.  It doesn't bother me, but I prefer we can laugh at people for not knowing the rules.  

Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

I can play if we start Tuesday am. Flying all day Monday.  

As long as you don't have one of the first few picks you are good. :lol: 

• Like 1

How many players per team? I would think that being on the FBG website we are all pretty competent at fantasy football so we could likely go just a LITTLE deeper than the average league, no? Maybe 22 roster spots?

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I don't see how were going to finish on time 

It seems very doable to me. I'm expecting at least a round a day(maybe more weekdays). Even if every single person timed out you are getting more than half a round(10 picks) every day.

If by some oddity we were in September and had a ways to finish couldn't we just change it to 30min per pick? Or does the software not allow for that?

20 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

How many players per team? I would think that being on the FBG website we are all pretty competent at fantasy football so we could likely go just a LITTLE deeper than the average league, no? Maybe 22 roster spots?

Most of us are old and lazy and don't pay that close of attention to the deep flyers.  This is more of a fun league and a modest roster size leaving some decent pickups will keep the league a bit more competitive.  

I assume with only 12 teams, are we looking at a 4 team playoff.  

4 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

It seems very doable to me. I'm expecting at least a round a day(maybe more weekdays). Even if every single person timed out you are getting more than half a round(10 picks) every day.

If by some oddity we were in September and had a ways to finish couldn't we just change it to 30min per pick? Or does the software not allow for that?

People are half joking.  It is kind of slow, but it will get done in under two weeks.  We are a bit forgiving as it is during work hours and people get tied up.  

10 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

Software?   It's a message board draft.  I think Tim still scores manually using USA today too

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Software?   It's a message board draft.  I think Tim still scores manually using USA today too

USA Today is fake news.  Tim relies on the LA Times.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

You're gonna lose, no matter the scoring system! 

3 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Software? :lmao: Bro, we write the picks on stone tablets in this league. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Most of us are old and lazy and don't pay that close of attention to the deep flyers.  This is more of a fun league and a modest roster size leaving some decent pickups will keep the league a bit more competitive.  

I assume with only 12 teams, are we looking at a 4 team playoff.  

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

USA Today is fake news.  Tim relies on the LA Times.  

And leaks 

Just now, Widbil83 said:

So are we still using yahoo and keeping everything the same as last year?  

Sure. If you want, but Flapjacks would have to set that up. I can do it but then it will be a Lee league. 

56 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Sure. If you want, but Flapjacks would have to set that up. I can do it but then it will be a Lee league. 

Looks like he already did, or it just renewed itself.

54 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Looks like he already did, or it just renewed itself.

No. Must've renewed itself, but I don't mind. Will have to delete and add some teams. 

53 minutes ago, dschuler said:

I'll play if you guys need another body.  Been off the forum since last year

Alias check please 

Can we keep a running list of who's in so far and who's paid? I'll at least start deleting from the league page who isn't playing this year and add who's paid