What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Mercedes (1 Viewer)

I'm looking forward to this. Enjoyed the book, and the trailer looked pretty good. 

Although I don't need to see the old fat detective have the secks, so I'd be OK if they cut that part out. 

I've been struggling to get through the book.  I must have picked it up and put it down about 10 times so far, and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through it.

From what I've seen, the show looks good and I'll tune in, if only to see if I can make it past where I am in the book via the series.

I've been struggling to get through the book.  I must have picked it up and put it down about 10 times so far, and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through it.

From what I've seen, the show looks good and I'll tune in, if only to see if I can make it past where I am in the book via the series.

Hmm, I blew through all 3 books and while some of my King criticisms hold true, I enjoyed to "basic" story without too much of the super duper natural.

Looking forward to see what they do with it.  I was somewhat pleased with what they did with 11/22/63, hope they don't turn this into a dome situation.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this if they are going to use all three books. I'm an idiot and don't know how to use spoiler tags these days, so I won't say anymore, but I think those that have read the series know what I am talking about.

I only read the third book (End of Watch) and I enjoyed it. I would definitely check this out to see how they portray the characters.

The trailer with Brendan Gleeson makes it look awesome, and then I keep seeing commercials for it with some dorky skinny weirdo and it looks stupid.  Get some better marketing here, people.

Had this set to record on my DVR.. watched the first episode last night.. I've read all three books and was hoping it followed the books..  

I'm in :thumbup:  

Wait, there are three books? I read the first one and End of Watch, what's the other one?
The middle book is called Finders Keepers. It kind of takes a tangent - though the main characters from books 1 & 3 are in it, they aren't the main characters in this one.

King adaptations are either cheesy or great, not a lot of middle ground usually.  So far I'm impressed, looks like a winner.  

Love Brendan Gleeson and so far I'm in.

p.s. I'd bang Ida.

(if i were Bill)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to be a book nerd, but they've made some interesting changes that seem a little pointless to me.  Like what is the purpose of the neighbor character? And (in spoiler text for the non-book readers):

One of the major aspects of Hodges' narrative is his unwillingness to take what he knows to the police, in part because he thinks that he's the only one who can catch this guy, but also because he doesn't want to let it go - he wants to be the one to get him and doesn't want to share with the police.  As such, he risks criminal prosecution for withholding evidence.  I thought that was a big part of his character.  In the mini-series, however, he takes the evidence to them and they end up ridiculing him.  Not only does that undermine the foregoing part of his character, it also casts his friends in the department as adversaries, which I think mucks up the chemistry a bit.[/quote]

All in all, though, I'm enjoying what they've done so far.  Kelly Lynch is cast perfectly!

Don't want to be a book nerd,

One of the major aspects of Hodges' narrative is his unwillingness to take what he knows to the police, in part because he thinks that he's the only one who can catch this guy, but also because he doesn't want to let it go - he wants to be the one to get him and doesn't want to share with the police.  As such, he risks criminal prosecution for withholding evidence.  I thought that was a big part of his character.  In the mini-series, however, he takes the evidence to them and they end up ridiculing him.  Not only does that undermine the foregoing part of his character, it also casts his friends in the department as adversaries, which I think mucks up the chemistry a bit.
All in all, though, I'm enjoying what they've done so far.  Kelly Lynch is cast perfectly!
[/QUOTE]
Sorry about your luck.

This is pretty good so far.  Brendan G. just killing it.

Haven't read the book so I don't know where this is headed but I really don't have an interest in him chasing the same guy for 7 seasons.  I'd happily watch Gleeson springboard from solving this crime to doing some PI work in subsequent seasons though.

The only thing bugging me about this show is something stupid.. I'm a car guy...in Michigan.  This is set in Ohio which is also in the "Rust Belt".. 

I get them trying to make Hodge's Jeep look rusty, but come on, get an actual RUSTY Jeep..  The rust color paint (in all the wrong spots) bugs me..

Bill's Jeep

Half the "rust" is on the plastic moldings... 

Users who are viewing this thread