What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Dynasty Values - Trading Offensive Players for Defensive (1 Viewer)

Truman

Footballguy
Anyone have any thoughts here on values? If I have a MLB and RB both posting the same points totals how much of a premium do I need to give up the RB in a trade?

I think it depends on the RB you are giving up.  There are more LB's that can score solidly than RB's.  So, if I was giving up David Johnson, I would expect a top tier LB and a WR2.  If it was a more mid-tier RB (Crowell or Doug Martin for ex.), I would do either a strong LB2 (Alonzo, Shazier for ex.) or and LB3 and a WR3.  Something like that. 

It's 100% dependent on league scoring and lineups.  The scoring amongst positions is really an irrelevant factor.  2015 JJ Watt at 14.7 PPG is a ton more valuable than Emmanuel Sanders at 15.2 PPG because there's nowhere else you can get close to 14.7 PPG at the DE position.  Sanders was WR25 at that number and easily replaceable.

I am in an auction dynasty league and defensive players are wayyyyyy cheaper than offensive players on average. I agree with Jedi Knight. Defensive replacements are easier to find on the wire on any given week and can fluctuate quite a bit. Especially at the LB position. Points being equal, I would almost certainly have to give up a rookie draft pick or find a position where I was strong and he was weak and add a player to sweeten the deal.

Name recognition plays a lot more on IDP than offensive positions because it's a lot harder to find IDP information.  Moat people have access to good offensive info and it is a lot more extensive so more owners feel comfortable with offensive value evaluation.  Many times you can use the name recognition to increase the IDP value and if you know the IDP side you can replace with a similar scoring player without the name.

Try and use that to your advantage.

Scoring and number of active roster makes a big difference. I always ask if a player is moveable, then ask what their needs are. This way you get if player is moveable at all and if they say a IDP position I start with the name players on defense since alot of owners value them more because they don't do their homework for IDP. Giving up who is HOT is easy for me because alot of the times player is overvalued because of the news. 

Users who are viewing this thread