What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to Keep? Involves Gurley, Cooper, M Thomas (1 Viewer)

Which Keeper Group do you Prefer?

• Julio, Gurley, M Thomas

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Julio, Gurley, Cooper

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Julio, M Thomas, Cooper

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

houston

Footballguy
0.5 PPR. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex

Can keep players forever, no specific draft round value tied to each player. 

I'm leaning towards the 3 WR, but have concerns about what that will make my RB spot look like. Also not crazy about throwing back a young RB like Gurley. 

Gurley is a guy that, if you owned him last year, you had to start every week and by 7:30 Sunday night you were left with a heavy dose of regret and a bad case of the Sunday Scaries. Do you really want to do that again?

I will buck the trend and say that I think I would freeze Julio, Gurley and Thomas.  I am not as high on Cooper as most and I think the upside of Gurley is worth the risk.  He is a superior talent and I think last year was a perfect storm of crapiness that held him back.  I have confidence that he will bounce back. 

I would try and trade Cooper for a draft pick to get something out of him.  If you prefer keeping the 3 WR's (or Cooper over Thomas) then try and trade Gurley (or Thomas).  You should be able to move them for something due to their ages and upside.    

thanks for the help with mine. 

I think it kind of depends on who you'd be able to get back at RB. IMO, the 3x WR's are definitely the best talent; especially if you can keep indefinitely. That being said, if you don't think you'll be able to nab a decent RB1/2 if you keep all 3 WR's, then I think i'd throw back Cooper. 

thanks for mine, that was a tough one... i voted for the WR trio, may regret it if gurley bounces back this year in the new offense

Agreed that I don't think Gurley is a total bust, and tough to give up on young talented RBs. However, I really like the 3 WRs. 

I would keep Gurley, Julio, Thomas.

Assuming both players play up to snuff, it's easier to replace Cooper than Gurley.

And you could also take Cooper back as well.  Gurley would be a hotter commodity on the draft market than Cooper.

Thanks for your help on mine.

I'd go with Julio, Gurley, Thomas. While I understand your instinct to go for Cooper, I think Gurley is the right move as far as team balance is concerned. I also think Cooper is slightly overrated (more of a late 3rd/early 4th rounder than a 2nd rounder) and Gurley is being underrated due to recency bias.

Agree with someone else comment, the 3 most talented players are WRs.  Go with them and snag a solid RB and maybe rookie with upside in the draft

Still a few more days here. I've been doing this a long time and I'm finding this one to be the toughest decision. I think it's the fear of knowing that all these guys could be really good for a long time and not wanting to throw back the wrong one. 

Thanks for any additional thoughts!

I voted Julio, Gurley, and Thomas.  Although I like the 3 WR group the best, I don't think it's your best choice.  You need to play 2 RBs.  I think you can find 1 good RB to go with Gurley, and there are plenty of WRs out there.  If you wentbthe 3 WR route, you'd have to find 2 really good RBs, of which most will already be kept.  Much harder!

I would go Julio, Cooper, Gurley. I think since you can keep them forever you gotta keep Gurley, there can't be many RBs available to draft. Also I think Cooper is better long term with Carr being there, who knows how long Brees has left in him.

The WR's.

A) Since you can keep them forever, you'll get the most longevity out of them

B) out of the 4 players, so far, Gurley is the only one who has shown that, at least to some extent, his output can be severely hampered by the players around him.

I hope this helps!  Please have a look at mine!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread