Anarchy99

2017 ABLC League Thread

206 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Thanks for the invite. Pick in.

Dude gets in as an "oh, by the way" alternate to a 32-teamer and winds up with David Johnson.  Do me a favor and let me know what Mega Millions numbers I oughta play this week.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Dude gets in as an "oh, by the way" alternate to a 32-teamer and winds up with David Johnson.  Do me a favor and let me know what Mega Millions numbers I oughta play this week.

Coming for your title.....

1 person likes this

Well, we know one thing is certain.

Anarchy's 2017 Christmas Card list:

freeannyong

:wall::boxing::football::hot::cry:

2 people like this

I am unable to log in to the league. I would like to take Amari Cooper, if anyone can get that done. I will be back tomorrow to see how to access,

5 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I am unable to log in to the league. I would like to take Amari Cooper, if anyone can get that done. I will be back tomorrow to see how to access,

You can always ask for a password reminder or to change password on the log in screen. The system will send you a link that will allow you access to all your MFL leagues. You can reset your password once you enter the league site. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

You can always ask for a password reminder or to change password on the log in screen. The system will send you a link that will allow you access to all your MFL leagues. You can reset your password once you enter the league site. 

I can log in to the league but can't link my team. I am using Anarchy8 for the password

2 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I can log in to the league but can't link my team. I am using Anarchy8 for the password

I reentered it as Anarchy8. Try it again and let me know if it works. 

OK I am in now, I saw what you mean by getting the new email and it worked. Sorry for the trouble,

@snellman You are up.  Great pace going here.

1 person likes this

1.15 McCoy, LeSean BUF RB - RB6

2.18 Olsen, Greg CAR TE - TE4

3.15 Reed, Jordan WAS TE  - TE7

"That's a bold strategy, Cotton."

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

"That's a bold strategy, Cotton."

You are aware TE's = 1 ppr, right?

On 8/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, Anarchy99 said:

Well, we know one thing is certain.

Anarchy's 2017 Christmas Card list:

freeannyong

:wall::boxing::football::hot::cry:

:sadbanana:

11 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

You are aware TE's = 1 ppr, right?

Sadly, yes - I can't even plead ignorance as an excuse.

I suspect I blundered fairly badly with my 2nd-rounder in relying too heavily on the prior year's draft to assume that I couldn't get a top-8 TE coming back to me at 3.15. But I wasn't going to throw good money after bad by letting the far-and-away BPA left on the board in the 3rd fall past me just because of positional constraints.

I have not done this league before and never have done a 32-teamer. I am not a fan of my team at this point at all. I like it even less after being unable to find any level of value and taking the Patriot PK. Go Pats all the way to the Super Bowl.

15 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I have not done this league before and never have done a 32-teamer. I am not a fan of my team at this point at all. I like it even less after being unable to find any level of value and taking the Patriot PK. Go Pats all the way to the Super Bowl.

Not many people play in 32 team leagues. Most teams aren't going to look great, as that's what happens when there are so many teams. Gostkowski was probably a little earlier, but you will reap the benefits of a having a decent kicker that other teams will not. Realistically, most teams will have 2-3 good players, a handful of decent ones, and the last few will be wishes and prayers. I think there were 108 receivers drafted in this league last year. By the end of the draft, we will all be struggling to find guys worth picking.

13 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Sadly, yes - I can't even plead ignorance as an excuse.

I suspect I blundered fairly badly with my 2nd-rounder in relying too heavily on the prior year's draft to assume that I couldn't get a top-8 TE coming back to me at 3.15. But I wasn't going to throw good money after bad by letting the far-and-away BPA left on the board in the 3rd fall past me just because of positional constraints.

It does block other teams from having a good TE who can compete with either of your starters and you should get good production out of your flex if they both do well.

Question is what will you get at the other starting spots for this advantage to really work in your favor?

15 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

It does block other teams from having a good TE who can compete with either of your starters and you should get good production out of your flex if they both do well.

Question is what will you get at the other starting spots for this advantage to really work in your favor?

Ummm ... I've got a rookie WR1. But he's a really highly drafted rookie WR1. :mellow:

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant
1 person likes this

Corey Davis is really good but he hasn't been healthy enough to really show it yet. Kind of a log jam of competition with the Titans right now who I still expect to run the ball a lot.

I think that was a risky pick but the players talent justifies it in my view. In the short term he hasn't been able to earn much playing time yet so he is off to a slow start.

@Stephen Holloway the good players are basically already gone by now and we still have many picks to do. You aren't going to like your team (or any team) from this draft as all of them will have serious holes, reaches and prayers on them.

I like the format because of how challenging it is. That makes it fun.

I could be wrong and we don't have much history of this league to base evaluations of this on, but my guess is the teams who have solid early picks AND find some productive players with their later picks will distance themselves from the other teams. As with the other Anarchy leagues this requires a good deal of luck in regards to not having players injured or benched. Deep roster diving can give some owners an edge in this format.

10 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Corey Davis is really good but he hasn't been healthy enough to really show it yet. Kind of a log jam of competition with the Titans right now who I still expect to run the ball a lot.

I think that was a risky pick but the players talent justifies it in my view. In the short term he hasn't been able to earn much playing time yet so he is off to a slow start.

@Stephen Holloway the good players are basically already gone by now and we still have many picks to do. You aren't going to like your team (or any team) from this draft as all of them will have serious holes, reaches and prayers on them.

I like the format because of how challenging it is. That makes it fun.

I could be wrong and we don't have much history of this league to base evaluations of this on, but my guess is the teams who have solid early picks AND find some productive players with their later picks will distance themselves from the other teams. As with the other Anarchy leagues this requires a good deal of luck in regards to not having players injured or benched. Deep roster diving can give some owners an edge in this format.

This is the same for any fantasy league and it applies even more in larger leagues because the big hits later MATTER EVEN MORE.

10 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I went back to review my title team from last year and was surprised at how generally mediocre they were. I thought I'd see a bunch of guys who well-outperformed their ADPs, but my top pick (AJ Green) finished WR38 due to injury and seven of my other picks either failed to exceed their ADP or did so by a negligible amount.

Out of 10 picks, I hit two home runs - ATL TMQB (drafted QB23, finished QB2) and Pitta (TE47 as replacement pick, finished TE8) - and I didn't have any complete busts (my lowest-scoring player was Green-Beckham with 87 points). And yet that was enough to take home the championship.

If I had to guess, I'd say avoiding zeroes is more important for keeping yourself out of the bottom third of the standings, but hitting those two home runs is more important for your title hopes. (... says the 2017 Jordan Reed and Corey Davis owner, optimistically.)

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant
1 person likes this

dont underestimate the power of thatAtlanta QB late in the draft. I take Atlanta over Oakland in the 2nd and I run away with this last year. That was a 6thround pick in the end and allowed you better stuff early. If I could have waited to round 6 and got PK in 8th and something in second. Wowsers. But maybe I overestimate how others see QB and this draft has been no different. I think, Yuck and game over with any of three sets and yet guys are letting them go on. 

Last year my 4th round pick of Torrey did me in. Charles ajohnson in 8th and Hooper did not help much in 10th but still top 7 placement and I got Howard in 7th as one of those picks that can move you up quickly. Carr did not kill me even though his injury hurt a lot down the stretch. 

I started typing a post a while ago about how you need to average around 180 points per roster spot to have a shot....the 530 points ATL QB put up last year can help cover up a ton of warts and make up those lost points under the 180 mark.....that 530 was 55 points higher than the next highest NE and 188 points higher than TMQB16....so serious value there at QB23 and league winning type stuff...

1 person likes this

I'm pretty happy with this start from the 2 hole........first time doing a 32-teamer.

QB - Chiefs

RB - Johnson, David

WR - Sanders

WR - Diggs

TE - Witten

12 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I'm pretty happy with this start from the 2 hole........first time doing a 32-teamer.

QB - Chiefs

RB - Johnson, David

WR - Sanders

WR - Diggs

TE - Witten

I don't mind this team at all. Almost makes me wish I waited and went QB-Fleener on 4-5 turn and kept my Bell thought but those 550 pts stared me in the face. Issue was at 2-3 turn, I did not like any wr or Rb and why the Ertz pick. Did not like spot 1 at all. Plus a Packer homer

15 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I started typing a post a while ago about how you need to average around 180 points per roster spot to have a shot....the 530 points ATL QB put up last year can help cover up a ton of warts and make up those lost points under the 180 mark.....that 530 was 55 points higher than the next highest NE and 188 points higher than TMQB16....so serious value there at QB23 and league winning type stuff...

Fair enough. I was looking primarily at rank of finish but re-evaluating it, if I take the TMQB drafted either before me (Titans, 342 pts) or after me (Texans, 250 pts) I lose a minimum of 180 points and I'm not even sniffing contention.

So I should rephrase it to say you can win this league by avoiding zeroes and hitting just 2 HRs in 10 picks, as long as one of those two is a colossal Stanton-esque grand slam. :)

So I actually made a live draft pick for once.

I considered several different options but the RB position really needed to be addressed. For me this decision came down to Samajae Perine or D'Onta Foreman. I went with Foreman even though he is not known to catch the ball. 

The Texans more likely to make the playoffs I think than Washington. I consider them to be very close to the same talent but have Foreman slightly ahead of Perine due to speed although I think Perine might do some of the little things better. Not according to reports recently though that do make me worry about Perine.

I drafted Foreman later than Perine in league six just because I thought I could get away with it, and did. I have Foreman ranked higher than Perine though.

:P

Edited by BassNBrew

Man I didnt realize defenses could actually score negative points in this league and CLE actually finished the season with -1 point...

23 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Man I didnt realize defenses could actually score negative points in this league and CLE actually finished the season with -1 point...

Guess you got your Def already!!!

10 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Haven't quite figured out the love for kickers and lack of love for defenses in this league. Defenses infinitely more valuable because you are stuck with a poor defense. If you guess wrong in a camp kicker battle, you can always swap out to the kicker that won out. 

It's possible that you could pick a playoff defense and LOSE points because of it. 

On 8/20/2017 at 10:06 AM, Anarchy99 said:

Haven't quite figured out the love for kickers and lack of love for defenses in this league. Defenses infinitely more valuable because you are stuck with a poor defense. If you guess wrong in a camp kicker battle, you can always swap out to the kicker that won out. 

It's possible that you could pick a playoff defense and LOSE points because of it. 

I think I my have in A2. At least Steve thinks so. 

Freeann,  I want to know if my pick of Phila RB Pumphrey influenced your pick of of Smallwood. Or are we both just smart enough to know one of them is going to win that spot.

23 minutes ago, There it is said:

Freeann,  I want to know if my pick of Phila RB Pumphrey influenced your pick of of Smallwood. Or are we both just smart enough to know one of them is going to win that spot.

It's been all over today that Smallwood is the current favorite to be the lead back and Blount has been bloated and floundering. I would have taken Smallwood one pick later.

Smallwood was going to be my pick...news came out too soon :(

Pick	Ovr	Franchise	Selection
1.26	26	BusMan	Howard, Jordan CHI RB
2.07	39	BusMan	Allen, Keenan LAC WR
3.26	90	BusMan	Anderson, C.J. DEN RB
4.07	103	BusMan	Brown, John ARI WR
5.26	154	BusMan	Engram, Evan NYG TE
6.07	167	BusMan	Rodgers, Jacquizz TBB RB
7.26	218	BusMan	Boswell, Chris PIT PK
8.07	231	BusMan	Lee, Marqise JAC WR
9.26	282	BusMan	Jets, New York NYJ Def
10.07	295	BusMan	Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB

Very little in the way of playoff potential with this group, so I need to make serious hay in the regular season. Waited until my last two picks to grab a DEF and QB, since I knew those positions were mandated to still be available by the league rules. I now see that is likely a huge error.

Figured RB would be the first position to dry up and went Howard in the first, despite being on a bad team. Overall I like my RB/WR positions, provided John Brown returns to the field sooner rather than later. Engram is a dart throw at TE.

This smells like a middle of the pack squad at best. Fun times would draft again.

Edited by BusMan
now not know

1.15	15	Mr. Irrelevant	McCoy, LeSean BUF RB - RB6
2.18	50	Mr. Irrelevant	Olsen, Greg CAR TE - TE4
3.15	79	Mr. Irrelevant	Reed, Jordan WAS TE - TE7
4.18	114	Mr. Irrelevant	Davis, Corey TEN WR - WR48
5.15	143	Mr. Irrelevant	Lockett, Tyler SEA WR - WR59
6.18	178	Mr. Irrelevant	Murray, Latavius MIN RB - RB52
7.15	207	Mr. Irrelevant	49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB - TMQB28
8.18	242	Mr. Irrelevant	Hauschka, Steven BUF PK - PK20
9.15	271	Mr. Irrelevant	Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - Def26
10.18	306	Mr. Irrelevant	Samuel, Curtis CAR WR - WR102

For better or worse, the fate of my draft was decided way back in the 3rd round when I stepped up to stop Reed's freefall (into the equivalent of the mid-7th round) and tied up my flex position in the process. McCoy and Olsen were high-floor picks for their draft slots so, had I passed on Reed for a name like Woodhead or Ware, I could have continued with my plan of focusing on solid but unspectacular names until the later rounds. 

Instead, I decided to go full Doc Brown with my pass-catchers:

"Well, I figured ... what the hell."

Each of my three WRs are very special talents on teams with significant playoff potential ... and gigantic health / usage-related question marks. If one of the three becomes a fantasy stud, I'm likely to break even on my overall investment. If two do, I have a shot at contending.

Murray is a bet against the rookie RB I'm lowest on of the four in redraft (mediocre athlete, defensive-minded coach, abysmal OL). He should be a fair bet to outperform ADP even if his ceiling is capped. Ditto Hoyer, who should be a perfectly serviceable placeholder on a team that, having tossed Chip Kelly overboard, should get better faster than people expect. 

The Colts play the second-softest offensive slate of opponents in the league. They even have playoff potential in the raging dumpster fire that is the AFC South although, to David's point above, that isn't necessarily a fringe benefit in this format.

My team isn't terrible, but upon further review I don't see where I'm going to bank the 1,900 or so points it will take to repeat. Obviously Shady and Reed both need to play a full 16 or close to it, but even then I'll need a big breakout from one of my WR or significant outperformance from two to be in the mix.

Good luck to all this season. :suds:

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

1.15	15	Mr. Irrelevant	McCoy, LeSean BUF RB - RB6
2.18	50	Mr. Irrelevant	Olsen, Greg CAR TE - TE4
3.15	79	Mr. Irrelevant	Reed, Jordan WAS TE - TE7
4.18	114	Mr. Irrelevant	Davis, Corey TEN WR - WR48
5.15	143	Mr. Irrelevant	Lockett, Tyler SEA WR - WR59
6.18	178	Mr. Irrelevant	Murray, Latavius MIN RB - RB52
7.15	207	Mr. Irrelevant	49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB - TMQB28
8.18	242	Mr. Irrelevant	Hauschka, Steven BUF PK - PK20
9.15	271	Mr. Irrelevant	Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - Def26
10.18	306	Mr. Irrelevant	Samuel, Curtis CAR WR - WR102

Murray is a bet against the rookie RB I'm lowest on of the four in redraft (mediocre athlete, defensive-minded coach, abysmal OL). He should be a fair bet to outperform ADP even if his ceiling is capped. Ditto Hoyer, who should be a perfectly serviceable placeholder on a team that, having tossed Chip Kelly overboard, should get better faster than people expect. 

So you are against Cook because of combine metrics?

A defensive minded coach is generally a good thing for a RB to have, game scripts tend to be more favorable if the defense is good.

The offensive line might only suck instead of being abyss level.

Wouldn't points two and three also negatively impact the back up RB you drafted? To me that negates those arguments and all you are left with is hating Cook for his combine scores.

Bad bet. I like the rest of your draft a bit better than this part of it. You need to hope Murray gets goal line carries because he isn't going to be doing much else. Zimmer and Shurmur have both said Cook is capable of all roles. Goal line opportunity for Murray is just pure speculation, not based on anything the coaches have said.

Edited by Biabreakable

3 hours ago, BusMan said:

Pick	Ovr	Franchise	Selection
1.26	26	BusMan	Howard, Jordan CHI RB
2.07	39	BusMan	Allen, Keenan LAC WR
3.26	90	BusMan	Anderson, C.J. DEN RB
4.07	103	BusMan	Brown, John ARI WR
5.26	154	BusMan	Engram, Evan NYG TE
6.07	167	BusMan	Rodgers, Jacquizz TBB RB
7.26	218	BusMan	Boswell, Chris PIT PK
8.07	231	BusMan	Lee, Marqise JAC WR
9.26	282	BusMan	Jets, New York NYJ Def
10.07	295	BusMan	Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB

Very little in the way of playoff potential with this group, so I need to make serious hay in the regular season. Waited until my last two picks to grab a DEF and QB, since I knew those positions were mandated to still be available by the league rules. I know see that is likely a huge error.

Figured RB would be the first position to dry up and went Howard in the first, despite being on a bad team. Overall I like my RB/WR positions, provided John Brown returns to the field sooner rather than later. Engram is a dart throw at TE.

This smells like a middle of the pack squad at best. Fun times would draft again.

I like how this team looks and your strategy of waiting on defense and QB helps that I think. Question is if those RB and WR can make enough of a difference to make up for the points your not getting from QB. That said the Bears may not be bad as Trubisky has looked decent. They will surely be behind a lot and need to throw.

John Brown makes me nervous, but he can be great if healthy enough to play. I had him in 2015 but not last year. He did good things for me in 2015.

Rodgers needs to put up some good numbers while Doug is out as I expect all the Bucs RB to take a back seat to him once he does.

Maybe Chad Henne can be an improvement for Jacksonville. 

1.28    28.    Biabreakable    Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB
2.05    37.    Biabreakable    Watkins, Sammy LAR WR    
3.28    92.    Biabreakable    Parker, DeVante MIA WR    
4.05    101.    Biabreakable    Henry, Hunter LAC TE    
5.28    156.    Biabreakable    Foreman, D'Onta HOU RB        
6.05    165.    Biabreakable    Crosby, Mason GBP PK    
7.28    220.    Biabreakable    Kamara, Alvin NOS RB    
8.05    229.    Biabreakable    Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR    
9.28    284.    Biabreakable    Boyd, Tyler CIN WR    
10.05    293.    Biabreakable    Redskins, Washington WAS Def

While it wasn't intentional on my part my picks of Watkins and Parker had their fates change soon after my drafting of them.Watkins being traded to the Rams and the Dolpins adding Jay Cutler. i tend to think both acts of god will work in my favor, at least thats what she told me.

Foreman is a player I really like and I think the Texans have a good shot of making the playoffs. Kamara is a player I am not particularly high on for this season, but the PPR scoring helps him a bit compared to standard I think.

Treadwell and Boyd both forgotten players it seems. Perhaps deservedly so, but I think Treadwell actually does some things this year, and Boyd actually did pretty well for a rookie yet no one cares.

Not sure how well Washington will do on defense. I hope they are not the second worst unit.

Drew Brees gives me a lot of cushion.