What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official pick 12 thread for 2017 re-draft (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Post your drafted teams or targets from the 12 spot here.  

Let's use the thread to help one another prepare to draft well.  

Be sure to identify if your league is PPR or not.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one hope that AJ Green falls to 12 but I am doubtful.  

Initial plan is to go RB/WR and Ideally Devonta Freeman and either AJ or Jordy. 

If somehow both AJ and Jordy are there...I'll take that all day long.

If neither AJ or Jordy are there, I may very well go RB/RB and thinking Freeman and Ajai.

What are some of you thinking thus far and what are you strategies at this point?

I will *probably* not draft a RB at the 1/2 turn. For sure I will go WR/WR if I can get Jordy and Green. But I may take Gronk there too if one of those guys are gone.. I really like some of the RB's at the 3/4 turn. I'd be pretty happy with Hyde, Cook, Mixon, or McCaffery there, in that order. If I could somehow end up with two of Jordy/Green/Gronk, and then come back with Hyde/Cook, that's something I'd do all day.

No plan needed.  Take the best two players available.  Trades are for need.  If you get the best value with every pick you'll be able to make the best trades.

Just found out I got 12. 

My scoring is weird though.

It's 1 ppr.  But it's 20 yards per rec pt and 10 yards per rush pt.  

Shouldn't I value RBS like insanely more in this format?  

We start qb, 2 RBS, 3 wrs, te, k, def

I am actually considering Rodgers/Gronk with the picks. I could secure 2 big difference makers right out of the gate. But man, that's a tough road to hoe.
I just tried mocking that.  Tough.  Had to take some chances at RB and wr.  Ended up with Montgomery, Blount and Martin at RB.  Got Watkins, Fitzgerald and decker at wr.  

I just tried mocking that.  Tough.  Had to take some chances at RB and wr.  Ended up with Montgomery, Blount and Martin at RB.  Got Watkins, Fitzgerald and decker at wr.  
Not horrible, but I would be wishing for Hyde/Cook at 3/4. Then fill up on WRs.

PPR TE 1.5. No trading (FFPC)

i would love AJ / Jordy star, but skeptical that both will be there. Considering M Thomas and Ajayi as fallback plan. I agree with a previous poster that there are nice options at the 3/4 turn. 

Nobody is getting Green at 12. Nobody. 

I have the 12 pick in two slow drafts right now. One is an MFL PPR and one is an FFPC. MFL went Freeman/Murray. FFPC Nelson/Gronk. I'm pretty stoked about that one. I'm never nuts about first two picks running back in PPR. Both of those guys have risk and timeshare but I'm not crazy about Hilton/Thomas combo. Nelson was already off the board. I do think you can get some nice WRs later if you do pass on them rounds one and two...I got Allen and Adams at the next turn to pair with Freeman and Murray.

Nobody is getting Green at 12. Nobody. 

I have the 12 pick in two slow drafts right now. One is an MFL PPR and one is an FFPC. MFL went Freeman/Murray. FFPC Nelson/Gronk. I'm pretty stoked about that one. I'm never nuts about first two picks running back in PPR. Both of those guys have risk and timeshare but I'm not crazy about Hilton/Thomas combo. Nelson was already off the board. I do think you can get some nice WRs later if you do pass on them rounds one and two...I got Allen and Adams at the next turn to pair with Freeman and Murray.
Murray is scaring the hell out of me.  I would love if Freeman or McCoy fell, but no other RBS there excite me.  I'm not investing a high pick in ajayai or Howard. After mocking a bunch these are the usual suspects. Freeman, Gordon, McCoy,  Nelson, Thomas,  Gronk, Rodgers, Brady.  I would take one of those RBS for sure.  

need2know said:
Murray is scaring the hell out of me.  I would love if Freeman or McCoy fell, but no other RBS there excite me.  I'm not investing a high pick in ajayai or Howard. After mocking a bunch these are the usual suspects. Freeman, Gordon, McCoy,  Nelson, Thomas,  Gronk, Rodgers, Brady.  I would take one of those RBS for sure.  
I haven't seen McCoy fall to 12 yet either. I think the worry on Murray is a bit overblown but you could be right. I 100% agree with you on Howard and Ajay. Bottom line is if you get pick 12, there will be some risk I think with one or both players. In PPR I'm always hoping for a top 7 pick...

I haven't seen McCoy fall to 12 yet either. I think the worry on Murray is a bit overblown but you could be right. I 100% agree with you on Howard and Ajay. Bottom line is if you get pick 12, there will be some risk I think with one or both players. In PPR I'm always hoping for a top 7 pick...
Starting to come around a bit on Jordan howard.  Very consistent on a crummy team.

Im really not liking the 12 spot thus far in my mocks and am finding myself going WR/WR and in some instances, rolling with Kelce (usually avail at 3/12) and another WR at 4.1.  That being said I am looking at RB's in rounds 5&6 which is scary.  Anybody else going this route perhaps (i.e no RB until round 5 and 6) and if so, who is it you are hoping for in round 5 and 6?

In my mocks Nelson has been there so I get him. What I'm really unsure of is the 13th pick. Part of me wants to take Michael Thomas and part of me wants to reach down a little and take Lamaar Miller. Also thought about taking Crowell. Thoughts guys? 

In my mocks Nelson has been there so I get him. What I'm really unsure of is the 13th pick. Part of me wants to take Michael Thomas and part of me wants to reach down a little and take Lamaar Miller. Also thought about taking Crowell. Thoughts guys? 
I have thoughts on Miller too.. Haven't studied him or Texans or their O line so I am hoping somebody here can tell us why that would be a good reach.  All that i've read is that Clev line is much improved and we know Hue Jackson likes to run the ball but that might be too big a reach at 2.1.  AGain, if someone can make a compelling argument for Crowell, I and I am sure you are all ears.

My leagues scoring favors rbs over wrs. That being said if aj green or Nelson is there I'm taking him.  Then hoping Freeman, gordan, McCoy, or Murray is there. If two of those RBS are there I may be tempted to take two.  I do like the RBS that come back at the 3/4, mainly mcaffery, Hyde and there is usually a nice wr that comes back too.  I usually try for my QB and te after that.

It's not a horrible slot to have

I've found in mocks that I often times can get Jordan Howard and/or Melvin Gordan.  I'm not thinking of going RB/RB and of these two, I'm not sure which one I prefer.  Anybody thinking this could be a decision to make at 12?

IF you snag Zeke at the turn at 1.12 or 2.1, at what point do you snag McFadden or even Alf Morris?  If you got Zeke, I feel you gotta lock up McFadden and unfortunately, I think that might have to be at the next turn 3.12 or 4.1 even then, he might be gone.

Im really not liking the 12 spot thus far in my mocks and am finding myself going WR/WR and in some instances, rolling with Kelce (usually avail at 3/12) and another WR at 4.1.  That being said I am looking at RB's in rounds 5&6 which is scary.  Anybody else going this route perhaps (i.e no RB until round 5 and 6) and if so, who is it you are hoping for in round 5 and 6?
I think I am leaning wr/rb with 12 and 13.  I don't like going in with that thought, but what do you guys think about taking gronk if all the top rbs are gone. Don't care for ayaji, thus far.

I have 2 standard leagues that I play, both highly competitive and both have same scoring. I "luckily" got pick 12 in both leagues.  Our scoring is basic to most however we give 6 pts for all qb tds. Would any of you think about taking Rodgers with either of the 1st two picks.  Qbs usually come off the board much faster than normal leagues. 

RandyDB said:
Now I think you have to consider Zeke at the turn if he is still there.
I am thinking very serious about taking zeke. Hard decision for sure. I think if it's 4 games or more I won't take that early, what are you thiughts.

I have no idea what I'm going to do. Rodgers, Zeke, Gronk, and everyone else is in play. 

Damn, I love draft weekend!!

kutta said:
I have no idea what I'm going to do. Rodgers, Zeke, Gronk, and everyone else is in play. 

Damn, I love draft weekend!!

need2know said:
Me neither.  Draft Sunday and I'm ####### lost
12 sucks this year.  I''ve gotta think that Rogers is a better option than Zeke or Gronk?   Unless somebody drops unexpectedly, it's Thomas, Demarco, Howard, Dez, Gronk.  I'm thinking of Thomas and maybe reaching for a WR....

That said, if you don't pull the trigger on Rogers, us at the 12 spot might be able to snag Brady at the 3/4 turn.  

Pick 12 FFPC so PPR plus TE premium 1.5 my first ten picks at the back turn:

Nelson

Gronk

Allen

Rodgers

Woodhead

Ertz

Martin

Duke

John Brown

Kelly

Prosise

Jordan Mathews

we shall see....I've drafted wore teams. I had to punt on RB but like my power at the other three slots. Rodgers was too good to lass up first pick of the fourth.

Nelson

Gronk

Allen

Rodgers

Woodhead

Ertz

Martin

Duke

John Brown

Kelly

Prosise

Jordan Mathews

we shall see....I've drafted wore teams. I had to punt on RB but like my power at the other three slots. Rodgers was too good to lass up first pick of the fourth.
If Allen and Martin pan out this team looks good.   Why ertz so early when you already had gronk?

If Allen and Martin pan out this team looks good.   Why ertz so early when you already had gronk?
its a 1.5 ppr league for TE.  Ertz went in the 5th round in my FFPC draft this past Wednesday.  I think Ertz will be targeted quite often this year.

its a 1.5 ppr league for TE.  Ertz went in the 5th round in my FFPC draft this past Wednesday.  I think Ertz will be targeted quite often this year.
Correct. You need firepower at TE in these leagues. You only need to start two WRs and you have two flex spots. Ertz is instantly number one flex and should Gronk go down I won't be killed at TE. I've also added Jared Cook. Most teams will have three to four TEs. I may grab Burton with my last pick too. 

Nelson

Gronk

Allen

Rodgers

Woodhead

Ertz

Martin

Duke

John Brown

Kelly

Prosise

Jordan Mathews

I love your start. Could nit pick the specific players but the approach is solid. With good health you will be in the thick of it. 

I love your start. Could nit pick the specific players but the approach is solid. With good health you will be in the thick of it. 
Well thanks man. Of course the draft is really only one third of it. Weekly managment and moves are the other parts. Last year I was in an FFPC $77 championship game and all year I never used Crowell because of PPR bias. I stuck with Ware and lost by 1.5 points. Was crushing. My own fault. 

Thoughts?

Gordon

M. Thomas

Rodgers

Cook

Graham

L. Fitz

Martin

Cobb

Perine

J. Matthews

Brate

Rivers

Bryant

Ginn

Steelers

Thoughts?

Gordon

M. Thomas

Rodgers

Cook

Graham

L. Fitz

Martin

Cobb

Perine

J. Matthews

Brate

Rivers

Bryant

Ginn

Steelers
Funny - Gordon is who I wound up with in Round 1 as well - you got a pretty decent squad to start with...12 is a hard position to draft from.  Our league is a bit different in that you can only take one player from each required position in the first 7 round s- then from round 8-24  it is a free for all.

So I wound up with

1.12 - RB Melvin Gordon

2.1 - WR Jordy Nelson

3.12 - DL Khalil Mack

4.1 - LB Vontaze Burfict

5.12 - QB Kirk Cousins

6.1 - DB Barry Church

7.12 - Phil Dawson

first pick of the free for all - RB Lamar Miller

The problem with 12 pick is if you don't snag a RB there, by the time you get your next pick the RBs are picked clean - but by grabbing a RB there my WR corps wound up a little sketchy (Crabtree, Olsen, Rishard Matthews, Beasley, John Brown).  Here's hoping a really good IDP presence will offset my weakneCousins, Manning, Bortles) and wr.

Thoughts?

Gordon

M. Thomas

Rodgers

Cook

Graham

L. Fitz

Martin

Cobb

Perine

J. Matthews

Brate

Rivers

Bryant

Ginn

Steelers
Rodgers at the end of the third will make any draft from the 12 hole look good. I'm thinking of taking him at the 1/2 turn.

I'm not a fan of Gordon, but looks like a good squad.

12 team ppr 12th pick 2rb, 2wr, te, qb, pk, tm 

Nelson

M. Thomas

Brees 

M. Lynch

B. Powell

Z. Ertz

M. Mariota

T. Riddick

F. Gore

A. Thielen

J. Witten

J. Matthews

Jags

Will Lutz

A lot of people in my league the past few years have done the zero RB strategy and WR goes fast so I took them early this year. 

Have a draft this Saturday. I don't like the rbs in the later rounds. I feel I have to go rb/rb. There are so many quality wr out there I could get them later.

Have a draft this Saturday. I don't like the rbs in the later rounds. I feel I have to go rb/rb. There are so many quality wr out there I could get them later.
I don't know. There are some quality RB's at the 3/4 turn. I'd love to have Hyde and Cooks as my starting RBs

IF you snag Zeke at the turn at 1.12 or 2.1, at what point do you snag McFadden or even Alf Morris?  If you got Zeke, I feel you gotta lock up McFadden and unfortunately, I think that might have to be at the next turn 3.12 or 4.1 even then, he might be gone.
I just don't understand this thinking, especially if you think you'd have to take a handcuff that early.  There are still full year starters at that point.  No way should you use 2 picks in the 1st 4 on one backfield. 

I just don't understand this thinking, especially if you think you'd have to take a handcuff that early.  There are still full year starters at that point.  No way should you use 2 picks in the 1st 4 on one backfield. 
Yeah that's pretty foolish 

I have the 12 as well and don't love the turn this year.  Going to do some mocks, but I am really thinking about just going Gronk, Brady/Rodgers, or Zeke.  Try to get a couple difference makers.  I don't think I have seen those qbs last to the 3.12, so if you want them you might have to go this route. 

Users who are viewing this thread