What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 1 (1 Viewer)

As of August 9th I am all in on Marriota.

Week one pricing is always really bad.  I feel like all the cheap WR and RB options is going to lead to the middle tiers guys being way under owned.

This may be a stupid question but, is there any content yet? I can't seem to find a DFS "page". 
No, from what I remember in the past they dont do anything until the lead up to week 1.

So Jacksonville is the only team currently getting real love in Vegas.  I was already thinking about JAX as a defense week 1 so that is a good sign.

Ok, I have been searching and searching for DFS content as I don't play any traditional stuff.  Thanks hoosier for asking and thanks nixon for answering.  

This may be a stupid question but, is there any content yet? I can't seem to find a DFS "page". 
It's coming...we have a bit of "bonus" preseason content on its way to you guys. ;)

Just finished recording an episode of the PowerGrid for Saturday's 8-game slate, too...watch for it tomorrow AM.

We are getting close to the season starting. Our DFS landing page is now live. Our preseason content will continue to pop up here. We don't have any set schedule for the preseason, we are going to be publishing a few articles per week, but nothing as comprehensive as what our week 1 coverage will be. 

http://footballguys.com/DFS.php

I will find out, I would think that they go up 7-10 days before the first game. Hard to believe we still have 18 days till the opener and 21 days until the first Sunday, seems so much closer than that for some reason. 

Will you guys be releasing a daily fantasy crusher app this year like you did 2 years ago I believe? I loved the app. Thanks. 

Hey Nicholasm3 we are not going to have a daily fantasy crusher app this year. We are building a new lineup generator that I think should be awesome, it may not be ready until week 2 or 3 due to technical delays but I think it is going to be awesome. I haven't seen it yet, but the last I heard the tool will allow you to enter in your own ownership percentages using either our projections or you can modify them to your projections.

The plan is to have a web based beta of this for this year, take in all your feedback and then build this into an app in 2018. 

In the interim while the new lineup generator is still being worked on, will the old version of the IVC be available?  (i.e., to build lineups week 1)

Psyched for football to be back!

Haven't taken a major look at Week 1 yet, but am thinking the chalk defense play is going to target @ NYJ or @ Bills every single week.

Cash chalk plays week one imo

mcfadden (5800 super cheap)

quiz rogers (haven't looked to see how cheap but betting I see a lot of DMC/quiz cash games.

edit: quiz at 6700, not so chalky. I like crow at 6500 tho

gurley (love gurley vs Indy and I'll take the rams def over buf/NYC.)

Not so sure about the WRs but I think.....

brown/julio

parker (6300 and lots of hype = chalk play)

te

walker (Oakland still can't stop tes)

k ???

def 

buf, NYjets, rams

Last edited by a moderator:
How 'bout a mccown/Anderson? Tolzein/Hilton? Hoyer/garçon?
I'm actually fairly more confident about Goff/Watkins or even a Goff/Kupp play with Luck likely to be out and Goff looking relatively competent in preseason.  All the insanely cheap QB's have nice stacks to play it seems.  

I may throw out a mccown/Robbie stack vs buf. Lots of intriguing ways to go, cheap rb options, cheap qb options, some cheap wr options, and some expensive options that aren't likely available like zeke and obj. I had a goff/Kupp Gpp but swapped it out. After a day I was like "wtf are you putting goff out there for?" Especially when the top options are only 2k more. 

Anyone remember when the week 1 interactive value chart went up last year? Anyone know of a different option?

Last edited by a moderator:
mrip541 said:
Anyone remember when the week 1 interactive value chart went up last year? Anyone know of a different option?
Just sent a note to Maurile and David should have an answer for you guys soon

Friday at the latest for IVC, likely earlier than that. Content should start going live this week includes staff rankings, roundtables, wisdom of the staff. 

fanduel recently posted single entry multiplier contests and am grabbing my spots.

can't wait for this season.

Fanduel now has these "NFL Mini" and "NFL Mini Unlimited" tournaments / matches they just posted.

Pick 5 spots:

1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR

Looks like for the most part you can pick  anyone you want, I'm seeing $12k per position.  I like the idea of this.  Pick any 5 guys you want to fill these spots and the best team wins.  This is where contrarian picks will really make a difference - In the chalk weeks there will be countless tie's I'm assuming, but should be interesting.  

Can't wait for the season to start already!

Anyone know of a site that archives tourny winning lineups? Like if I wanted to see all the winning millionaire maker lineups on one page.

My early run through at a cash game lineup...

Tolzein, Bell, Johnson, Evans, Fitzgerald, Wright, Walker, Succop, Buffalo

A cheap Tolzein play allows for some heavyweights in the lineup.  

My early run through at a cash game lineup...

Tolzein, Bell, Johnson, Evans, Fitzgerald, Wright, Walker, Succop, Buffalo

A cheap Tolzein play allows for some heavyweights in the lineup.  
my intuition says this seems like an awful idea but def play around in the ivc with it for a little while and see how it looks.

so real quick i started a cash game lineup with bell, brown and ertz and this is what the ivc (dodds) spit out:

arod

bell/howard

ab/wright/zay jones

ertz

bryant

buff

kinda like it as a start. think i prefer coleman/jax over zay jones/buff.  just bc idk anything about jones.

Anyone know of a site that archives tourny winning lineups? Like if I wanted to see all the winning millionaire maker lineups on one page.
Check out DFS Gold.  I don't think you can see them all in one page, but you can see each weeks winning lineups for all FanDuel and DK tournaments, just scroll down and click on the Score number to see the lineup.  Pretty cool site.

Ok, here's my starting point for the season, one cash L/U & one tournament L/U. Will probably add a few more, but, it's a place to start:

Cash/double-up: QB/ Carr, RB/J. Rodgers & D. Murray, WR/A. Cooper-D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey, TE/G. Olsen, K/M. Meyer, DEF/ PHL

Tournament: QB/D. Prescott, RB/D. Johnson & T. West, WR/D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey-M. Jones Jr., TE/J. Graham, K/G. Zuerlein, DEF/BUF

Can definitely see myself doing a tournament stack of Wilson-Baldwin-Graham with another entry.

Ok, here's my starting point for the season, one cash L/U & one tournament L/U. Will probably add a few more, but, it's a place to start:

Cash/double-up: QB/ Carr, RB/J. Rodgers & D. Murray, WR/A. Cooper-D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey, TE/G. Olsen, K/M. Meyer, DEF/ PHL

Tournament: QB/D. Prescott, RB/D. Johnson & T. West, WR/D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey-M. Jones Jr., TE/J. Graham, K/G. Zuerlein, DEF/BUF

Can definitely see myself doing a tournament stack of Wilson-Baldwin-Graham with another entry.
Right now I have a Seattle super stack with AB and Julio as a placeholder.

Cash lineup of:

Geoff, Ajayi, R. Kelley, Dez, Baldwin, AB, Walker, Sturgis, Buffalo

thoughts?  Not a huge fan of putting Kelley in there but I can't find a RB in that 5600range I actually like.  He's guaranteed a TD I think. 

Cash lineup of:

Geoff, Ajayi, R. Kelley, Dez, Baldwin, AB, Walker, Sturgis, Buffalo

thoughts?  Not a huge fan of putting Kelley in there but I can't find a RB in that 5600range I actually like.  He's guaranteed a TD I think. 
With all the value out there at WR and TE, I would think that you are putting yourself behind the pack by not having Bell and/or Johnson in there and a better Qb. 

After saying I wasn't going to, it was just too good to have NFL starting up again, so I did think about a cash LU. 

Right now I am staring at something like:

Rodgers

Bell/DJ

Crabtree/Fitz/Wright

Hooper

Bryant

Buff

mrip541 said:
Apparently MLB is being overrun by identical paid lineups. Something to keep an eye on... 
How much do these LUs cost?

Seems like it takes the fun out of it (of course, maybe that's why I am not winning much in these things). 

Ok Guys one of these days I am going to figure out how to make a $1 playing these DFS contests.

Here's my cash lineup...tell me what you think. Good luck all. Would love to see shared success this season.

QB: Maritoa

RB: Bell, McCoy

WR: Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Wright

TE: Walker

K: Bryant

Def: Bills

Users who are viewing this thread