What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zeke for Mike Evans? (1 Viewer)

Elodin

Footballguy
12 team, PPR, Keep 2 players at no cost, indefinitely. Pretty standard rules, start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex etc. 

I am currently keeping Zeke and Odell Beckham.

Worried about Zeke a bit even though he is potentially the top dynasty asset. But would you swap Zeke for Mike Evans if you were able to? Banking on locking up a 23 year old Evans with OBJ for wideouts. 

I agree with trading Evans if there is no limit for how long you can keep him.  Between Zeke's already questionable behaviour and the general length of an RB's career vs a WR's, it's a good way to go.  Of course, many will perceive Zeke as the better asset so see if you can get some draft picks your way in that deal.

Tough to say. I'd rather have Elliott than Evans right now,  that probably changes if he gets a suspension as rumored. 

I will say, in a keep 2 league there is no point in looking toward the future. RB vs WR longevity is irrelevant. Its basically a redraft league where the first two rounds are already decided. So dynasty value is essentially meaningless. For example, I'd keep Jordy Nelson over either of these guys, because I think he'll be better in 2017, and 2017 is all that matters.

Tough to say. I'd rather have Elliott than Evans right now,  that probably changes if he gets a suspension as rumored. 

I will say, in a keep 2 league there is no point in looking toward the future. RB vs WR longevity is irrelevant. Its basically a redraft league where the first two rounds are already decided. So dynasty value is essentially meaningless. For example, I'd keep Jordy Nelson over either of these guys, because I think he'll be better in 2017, and 2017 is all that matters.
Agree with your first point.  Elliott has more value this year assuming he's not suspended.

Regarding your second paragraph, I don't 100% follow.  Evans IMO has better keeper value than Elliott since he's likely to be a stud (hence a keeper) for the next 4-5 years, while it's less likely Elliott will be stud for that long.  As long as your keeper continues to produce 1st or 2nd round value, you keep them.  So I don't see how longevity is irrelevant.

Looking at value there's a pretty substantial drop off after zeke at RB. Gordon, McCoy freeman, Ajayi are all next tier and will have roughly 50 pts total less at EOY (barring suspension for zeke) That's nearly 4pts per week in standard 13 week regular season. 

what pick do you have, what type of WR/RB talent will be thrown back in. With just the information you gave us I'd say wait a little longer until we hear about suspension. But if we're going forward thinking there will be no suspension then I'd keep Zeke guarantee top 3 at each position. At the end of the day your WR is already better than his and the RB overall is better than his WR. Stick with zeke. 

Agree with your first point.  Elliott has more value this year assuming he's not suspended.

Regarding your second paragraph, I don't 100% follow.  Evans IMO has better keeper value than Elliott since he's likely to be a stud (hence a keeper) for the next 4-5 years, while it's less likely Elliott will be stud for that long.  As long as your keeper continues to produce 1st or 2nd round value, you keep them.  So I don't see how longevity is irrelevant.
The point I was trying to make is that it is very dangerous to think 4-5 years ahead in a keep 2 league. So much can change year to year. The more keepers, the more long term value becomes important, although in this case I'd argue Elliott might be better than Evans long term as well. 

The point I was trying to make is that it is very dangerous to think 4-5 years ahead in a keep 2 league. So much can change year to year. The more keepers, the more long term value becomes important, although in this case I'd argue Elliott might be better than Evans long term as well. 
I think it is dangerous to think 4-5 years down the road for any dynasty league.  Too many things change from year to year due to injury, coaching change, team change, etc.  I tend to look at 2 yr increments in any dynasty format.  Teams that always seem to be looking 5yrs down the road never seem to worry about the current year and are usually always in the middle of the pack. 

I think the OP asked this same question about Antonio Brown.  That was a bit easier and I would go with Brown for sure.  In this case I think Evans is a great talent but he really dropped off at the end of last year as the Bucs went more run heavy and weren't targeting Evans as much.  I think Evans is still a top 5 WR but he will not be as consistent as some of the other top 5 like AB.  That being the case I think I keep Zeke over Evans and wouldn't make the trade. 

Users who are viewing this thread