Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
msudaisy26

Gurley trade

Question

Dynasty league start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr 1 te 2 flex standard ppr scoring 6 points for all touchdowns

My team was a rebuild last year and now looks like this

Rodgers

Montgomery,Cook, Mixon, West, Gurley, Dixon

Tate, Juju, Curtis Samuel, Lockett, Zay Jones, Doctson, Austin, Allison, Brandon Coleman

Hunter, Gates, Vernon Davis, Kittle

I have an offer on the table

I give Gurley and Kittle

I get Davante Adams, Cameron Merdith and a 2018 1st. I project it to be coming from a playoff team. I am having a tough time with this offer, I will answer your question in return if you leave a link.

Edited by msudaisy26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Don't like it, but you are deeper at RB and in desperate need at WR. 

I don't think Adams and Meredith put you over the top for the playoffs though.  It's close, but I think I hang onto Gurley.  Any chance he comes back with a slightly richer offer?

(Full disclosure, I have never been especially high on Adams.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Personally I'd reject that trade offer and if he comes back with a better one, I might consider it.

By far, Gurley is the best player in this trade, and if he gets his head on straight, he has the talent to be a top RB again.

I wouldn't trade Gurley for all that he offered straight up.

Please don't give Gurley away for less than his real market value. The other guy is offering you pieces for a possible STUD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You would have a lot invested in the Packers offense which is a good one to invest in although I prefer more diversification. I like Cam Meredith a lot too.

I don't hate it even though you are selling really low on Gurley. I think this is fair market value for him right now - people forget how bad he was last year. If you owned him it was a really frustrating season.

I don't know what other WRs this team has to offer you but I would ask for a better one than Adams. I think something like Sammy Watkins, Meredith and the 1 would get it done (obviously I have no idea if the other team has Watkins - just throwing his name out there.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just a few things and thanks everyone for the responses. 

I don't think I am a playoff team. Everything would have to break right for me. I planned on a 2 year rebuild when I took over last year. I am content with staying put, but I have been shopping Gurley for a while and haven't gotten much action. 

His other receivers, Antonio Brown, Dez , Cobb, Meredith, Adams. 

This is probably the best he can do offer wise. He is a contender, with an older team. His running backs are McCoy, and Ware. His quarterback is Ben. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Why don't you think you're a playoff team?

QB - Doesn't get any better and it's a 6pt TD league.

RB - 2 potential rookie studs, Ty supposedly is their guy in TC and they are buying into him, Gurley is a great talent with a horrible OL but his new coach is tayloring the offense for him. West is supposedly the lead back. Cut Dixon. In a non PPR league you could have a very strong starting 4. 

WR - Not great but you only need to start 2. If Doctson can even be a decent WR2 for you this year then him and Tate should be enough not to drowned the rest of your team. 

TE - Hunter is taking over for Gates. I think Gates needs like 2 TDs for a record, once he gets those I think he will be fine with passing the torch. Remember Hunter was just a rookie last year, playing behind Gates and he still had a decent fantasy year.

***I don't make this trade because WRs are so much less impactful than RBs in this situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I agree that WR is a weakness, but this offer isn't enough for Gurley, who could easily bounce back to top-5 status. I'm of the belief that the 2016 Rams and 2017 Rams are entirely different teams. The 2016 team quit on their coach sometime during training camp. With a significant coaching upgrade this year, I expect Gurley and possibly Austin to look like almost new guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Borden said:

Why don't you think you're a playoff team?

QB - Doesn't get any better and it's a 6pt TD league.

RB - 2 potential rookie studs, Ty supposedly is their guy in TC and they are buying into him, Gurley is a great talent with a horrible OL but his new coach is tayloring the offense for him. West is supposedly the lead back. Cut Dixon. In a non PPR league you could have a very strong starting 4. 

WR - Not great but you only need to start 2. If Doctson can even be a decent WR2 for you this year then him and Tate should be enough not to drowned the rest of your team. 

TE - Hunter is taking over for Gates. I think Gates needs like 2 TDs for a record, once he gets those I think he will be fine with passing the torch. Remember Hunter was just a rookie last year, playing behind Gates and he still had a decent fantasy year.

***I don't make this trade because WRs are so much less impactful than RBs in this situation.

If I judged this team I would say I am on the outside looking in. My qb is great, I love my running backs, but I think next year is the year they really become a stud group. Receiver is weak for me, and I like the te spot, but I think next year is the year Henry becomes that top 3 -5 guy. 

Thanks for all the responses. I do like Gurley to bounce back. I think I will hold on see how my rookies come around. If they look to be the real deal I might try to flip Gurley for a true stud receiver. 

Edited by msudaisy26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

If I judged this team I would say I am on the outside looking in. My qb is great, I love my running backs, but I think next year is the year they really become a stud group. Receiver is weak for me, and I like the te spot, but I think next year is the year Henry becomes that top 3 -5 guy. 

Thanks for all the responses. I do like Gurley to bounce back. I think I will hold on see how my rookies come around. If they look to be the real deal I might try to flip Gurley for a true stud receiver

Why? With your roster settings you can start 4 RBs. And in standard scoring AB was the highest scoring WR and scored almost the exact same as Jordan Howard. You have a better total points potential with RBs than WRs. Plus, there's less solid options at RB so you're also knee capping other teams by hoarding the RBs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
53 minutes ago, Borden said:

Why? With your roster settings you can start 4 RBs. And in standard scoring AB was the highest scoring WR and scored almost the exact same as Jordan Howard. You have a better total points potential with RBs than WRs. Plus, there's less solid options at RB so you're also knee capping other teams by hoarding the RBs. 

This.

Gurley is a very valuable player to msudaisy's team.  That offer she received isn't good enough.  RBs are very valuable in leagues where you can start 4 RBs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just like everyone else said and you alluded to in your last post.  Keep Gurley and if he bounces back it will improve his value (I think he will bounce back).  Plus you have a lot of potential at RB but nothing proven.  It looks like a strength at the moment but what if the rookies aren't all that and Montgomery stays injury prone?  You suddenly suck at RB.  This is the reason I would hold Gurley.  Take as many shots as you can at RB and then see if they pan out.  You have done that but now you need to be patient.  If you are still a year off then you have the luxury of being patient and seeing if your future actually shows promise, and who knows.....Gurley may end up being your cornerstone.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.