What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14 team 0.5PPR League - Need 2 keepers (1 Viewer)

Which of these two would you keep?

• Terrance West (14th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allen Robinson (17th)

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Tyreek Hill (17th)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Martavis Bryant (17th)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • CJ Anderson (14th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chardo

Footballguy
As the title states this is for a 14 team and 0.5 point per reception league. Keepers are kept in the round drafted (or last round if a pickup) We have a roster a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, D/ST and K with 8 bench slots. We keep a total of 4 players and I'm already locked in on keeping Jordy Nelson (7th) and Melvin Gordon (3rd).

Additional notes is that the league tends to draft QBs and RBs fast and early. Fournette, K. Allen and Lynch are all going to be around the best available at my 1st pick.

Leave a link behind and I'll provide my opinion for your question as well.

I think Allen Robinson is an easy lock and after that it comes down to Tyreek or Martavis.  Pick the one you like best out of these two.  I tend to lean towards Tyreek just because he is the #1 and I think he will be utilized properly by Reid.  Bryant still worries me a bit for stupidity and suspension. 

I assume if you want to keep 2 guys from the same round, that you get a one round penalty right? So, I would keep Robinson and Bryant(trust his offense way more than Hill) and thatb would cost a 16 and 17 correct?

I'm going Arob and Hill, I wanted to go Bryant, but if he gets suspended hes done, and u lose a great 17th round keeper, where hill has no red flags, I couldn't blame u if either way u went

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like RBs are more valuable than normal due to draft patterns, but I'm not crazy about either option here. I've been burned by CJA too often, and he's still not in the ideal run scheme to fit his style. West should start the year hot, but I have no clue once Dixon returns. 

I'd agree that ARob is too talented to pass up at that price. He may not match 2015 numbers, but he's still going to get steady production. On the opposite of that safe floor, you've got 2 high ceiling guys in Hill and Bryant. I'm biased as a Steeler fan, but Bryant is Randy Moss-like with his size/speed combo. And he's got a lot better QB throwing to him. Add the fact that Bryant will be seeing DB2s most of the time, and I would choose Martavis along with ARob.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like RBs are more valuable than normal due to draft patterns, but I'm not crazy about either option here. I've been burned by CJA too often, and he's still not in the ideal run scheme to fit his style. West should start the year hot, but I have no clue once Dixon returns

I'd agree that ARob is too talented to pass up at that price. He may not match 2015 numbers, but he's still going to get steady production. On the opposite of that safe floor, you've got 2 high ceiling guys in Hill and Bryant. I'm biased as a Steeler fan, but Bryant is Randy Moss-like with his size/speed combo. And he's got a lot better QB throwing to him. Add the fact that Bryant will be seeing DB2s most of the time, and I would choose Martavis along with ARob.

Good luck!
Dixon is out for the year.  He won't be a concern to West this year.

Dixon is out for the year.  He won't be a concern to West this year.
Sorry--getting my suspended RBs mixed up. Confused that with the TB situation. 

Still, the Ravens have lost their starting left guard for the year. Their starting center is gone and they've lost a rookie lineman as well. West might struggle to find room.

travdogg said:
I assume if you want to keep 2 guys from the same round, that you get a one round penalty right? So, I would keep Robinson and Bryant(trust his offense way more than Hill) and thatb would cost a 16 and 17 correct?
Correct.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was definitely leaning towards Robinson but I've just been worried about Bortles barely throwing this year with a running game now.

TX Steel said:
Sorry--getting my suspended RBs mixed up. Confused that with the TB situation. 

Still, the Ravens have lost their starting left guard for the year. Their starting center is gone and they've lost a rookie lineman as well. West might struggle to find room.
West was always at the bottom of this for me but I figured since he was going to be the lead for the year some people might believe in him.

Users who are viewing this thread